Start by marking “A New World: Takedown (A New World, #7)” as Want to Read:
A New World: Takedown (A New World, #7)

A New World: Takedown (A New World #7)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  337 ratings  ·  23 reviews
The Dice Are Cast...
Death Watches and Waits

The sanctuary walls were breached and through them poured screaming hordes of night runners. About to be overrun, the survivors formed a last stand against the thousands that threatened to end their existence. Inexplicably, the night runners, who were on the verge of taking one of the last vestiges of humanity, departed, carrying
Published April 28th 2013

To ask other readers questions about A New World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A New World

World War Z by Max BrooksZombie Fallout by Mark TufoZombie Fallout 2 by Mark TufoZombie Fallout 3 by Mark TufoFeed by Mira Grant
Best Zombie Books
120th out of 954 books — 2,323 voters
Odium Origins. A Dead Saga novella. Part One by Claire C. RileyOdium by Claire C. RileyOdium II by Claire C. RileyIn Harm's Way by Shawn ChesserA Pound of Flesh by Shawn Chesser
Summer of Zombie 2014
36th out of 158 books — 58 voters

More lists with this book...

Lga
Takedown the latest book of the A New World series provides all the elements one would expect from the zombie apocalypse, vivid details, heart stopping excitement, triple thrill action and a touch of humor. The characters portrayed are strong, well seasoned civilians and military who work well as a team. John provides the reader a glimpse into the thoughts of his characters, their fear, compassion and loyalty without diminishing from the essence of the story.
I found myself unable to stop reading
Linda
Just gets better and better. One hell of a series!!, May 18, 2013

This review is from: A New World: Takedown (Paperback)
I just finished this, the 7th book in 'The New world' series. I turned off my Kindle, GOT OUT OF BED AND TURNED ON MY PC so I could write this review. It's 3 in the morning!!! Damn book got me so pumped!! Mr. O'Brien gets you, puts you on a tightrope, the stress is incredible, and just when you think you're finally safe on the ground, the earth opens under your feet. Don't kn
TW Brown
How fortunate to have been able to read an advanced copy of this book. I have read the entire series and John O'Brien brings so much to the table that you will want to keep this series around and read it again over time. This book is one that will leave you gasping and wondering just how soon before the next book in the series comes out.

O'Brien brings in an element to this genre that adds vast amounts of credibility. Yes, it is an apocalyptic even, but infuse it with some "Tom Clancy" styled mil
Rosemary
What a great way to start a book - from page one you are thrown in the deep end, right in the middle of an intense battle that is taking place. Thousands of night runners had invaded the sanctuary, and hundreds lay dead, but they were there on a mission and nothing would stop them from completing that mission. Once they had what they came for, they left, just like that.

That was just the start. From page one right up until the last page, it was non-stop action. Intense, heart stopping action. At
Erika
Still hooked and that's not changing!

so much has happened since the being of the series and how the characters have had to adapt to this new world. Jack sure does care a whole lot of responsibility but can't seem to find the perfect person to pass responsibility to. all he knows at the moment that everyone's life depends on him and wouldn't want someone else carrying that heavy burden. next book...
Erika
This is the 7th in the New World series and I have read them all. Written by an Air Force veteran, therenis a degree of realism that I really enjoy. Over the last 5 months, I've read a great many dystopian novels. This series is one of my favorites because the characters are very likeable, mostly logical and sincere. The reflection on the response of our military personnel in such circumstances fascinates me. I'm a proud Air Force brat with tremendous admiration and respect for our servicemen an ...more
Jett Cat
Um, I know this just came out, but when is the next due? I tried to savor and read slow, but alas I failed and burned through it!

Junkie needing her fix here!

I know it is repetitive to say the same thing, but I really just enjoy these! Keep it comming! On the edge here!

I love this series! Normal people, okay maybe they are far more witty than I am, but I wish I had thier smarmy come-backs!

Anyways, way fun, emotional, sorta zombie infected / omega man type ragers who make life hell for our heros!

I
Jessica
This has to be my favorite series. Once I start reading it, I honestly can't stop. It is very well written. Usually by the time a series gets to it's 4th or 5th book, I am ready for it to end. I just finished the 8th book in this series and I think I could honestly enjoy 10 more!!!!! The story line is always fresh, there isn't too much drama between the characters. In my opinion, this book is very realistic in the events. Thank you, John, for writing this series!
'stacey Palaszczuk
can't wait to read the next one
Farmer Lily
Copied from my review on Amazon:
... I swear you just get better with each book. The way you take the critiques and then improve that lil, (I mean lil), weakness is talent. This ending, as usual, left me stunned! If you hinted at it, I didn't catch it. Leaves me wondering...who?!
Robert
Another great book in the series. I am loving how fast the books are coming out. John, we need to talk about the cliff hanger ending on this one. Your killing me here. Thanks for the great story, fantastic world, and the well thought out environment.
Robert
This series was only supposed to last for 3 books...can't seem to decide when to end, though...not bad...not typical zombies, but OK. Hate the way they are getting intelligent...should stick to keeping them as animals.
Morgan
I absolutely love the way these books are written. John O'Brien has put such amazing details and accurate descriptions! I have loved the whole series so far, and can't wait for the next book!
Theresa Roeske
John never disappoints! This series is one of my favorites, and I follow him avidly on Facebook anxiously awaiting each new addition to the series.
Heidi Frese
Liked this less than previous books by this author, but still an entertaining read. I need a GREAT BOOK to read!
Mary
What's not to like about O'Brien's books....alpha male who knows how to take charge and likes his kids!
Janelle
This is a wonderful series! Its heart pounding and action packed. i highly recommend u to try this book ;)
Julie Jones
awesome. Omgoodness can't wait to read the next one....pins n needles. O Brian better hurry :)
Jason
Absolutely epic thrill right that will have you on the edge of your seat the entire read!
Eric Anderson
absolutely loved this series! a must read if you are into apocalypse stories
Nooked
Damn! another cliffhanger :D
Maria
It gets better and better
Angie
AWESOME!!!!
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Justin Burr
Justin Burr marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Ryan Drean
Ryan Drean marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Becci
Becci is currently reading it
Jan 19, 2015
  • Escape (Contamination #4)
  • Warrior Within (Surviving the Dead)
  • In Harm's Way (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse #3)
  • Fractured (The Remaining, #4)
  • The Truth is Contagious (The Contagium, #4)
  • Area 187: Almost Hell
  • The Rising Horde: Volume Two (The Gathering Dead, #3)
  • Generation Dead
  • Safari: Mountain Man Book Two (Mountain Man, #2)
  • And After (Until the End of the World, #2)
  • The Ending Beginnings: Carlos (The Ending, #0.1)
  • Exodus (Arisen, #5)
John O'Brien is a former Air Force fighter instructor pilot who transitioned to Special Operations for the latter part of his career gathering his campaign ribbon for Desert Storm. Immediately following his military service, John became a firefighter/EMT with a local department. Along with becoming a firefighter, he fell into the Information Technology industry in corporate management. Currently, ...more
More about John O'Brien...

A New World (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • A New World: Chaos (A New World, #1)
  • A New World: Return (A New World, #2)
  • A New World: Sanctuary (A New World, #3)
  • A New World: Taken (A New World, #4)
  • A New World: Awakening (A New World, #5)
  • A New World: Dissension (A New World, #6)
  • A New World: Conspiracy (A New World #8)
  • A New World: Reckoning (A New World, #9)
  • A New World: Storm (A New World, #10)
  • A New World: Untold Stories
A New World: Chaos (A New World, #1) A New World: Return (A New World, #2) A New World: Sanctuary (A New World, #3) A New World: Taken (A New World, #4) A New World: Dissension (A New World, #6)