Predator's Kiss (Gemini Island Shifters, #1)

Predator's Kiss (Gemini Island Shifters #1)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  258 ratings  ·  84 reviews
Bear shifter Ryland Snow just wants peace. The peace and quiet afforded him at his woodsy retreat, the Ursa Fishing Lodge. As owner of the lodge, Ryland enjoys the tranquil life he’s created among his fellow shifters. He lives to maintain a safe haven for them, away from meddlesome human eyes.

ebook
Published May 20th 2013 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about Predator's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Predator's Kiss

Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire
I was given a copy of this book by the author since she "owed" me a book from winning a previous contest. At that time I had purchased all her books to read so we agreed I would wait for the next one to come out. When she offered me an ARC of Predator's Kiss this week I jumped at the chance to read it!

What girl can resist a tall, dark, handsome, furry in all the right places, ornery man who has an inner bear that is not afraid to call him out when he is being a "MORON"! Well this one certainly c...more
Jessica
I received a copy of this book from the author as part of the PNR NaUBA group's Author-Reader Exchange program for an honest review.

This was a wonderful, sweet story and I enjoyed it from beginning to end. There's not a whole lot of setup to things, but instead it gets right down to business, introducing us to the characters and their problems. The problems seem realistic enough, and their responses in how they deal with the stresses reflect thier characters well, I just wish there had been a bi...more
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
May 21, 2013 t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Shifter lovers looking for a different kind of romance.
Recommended to t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ by: Rosanna Leo
You take two bear brothers who well...act like real brothers mix them with a human author of Erotic romance set it in a Shifter retreat in Northern Ontario and you have one fun ride of a book!

Description:

Wh...more
Kirsten
I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review LoP. What a fantastic find this treasure was. I love shifters, but I've never read about bear shifters before and they are fantastic! This book flowed smoothly, from awkward scenes to tense scenes (from a variety of reasons), scenes that were sensual. It was an easy read because it just flowed along. I have got to read the next one when it comes out. Don't pass on this one, it's amazing! Thank you, Rosanna, for allowing me to read it.
SavannahNorway aka SN
Synopsis:

When his rock star brother arrives, bringing trouble in the form of a possible hitman, Ryland is incensed. He’s been cleaning up Soren’s messes as long as he can remember, and is tired of his broth...more
Bookie | The BookChick
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤
VERY GOOD: The characteristics of a 4 star book include: a great story; I loved the characters; and there was an interesting plot and unique story elements; there may have been a few odd things kept the story from being amazing. I would read it again and I would recommend it to a friend.
Initial Reaction: Now THIS is a shifter story done right!

Rating's Breakdown:
Quality of writing: Very Good

Pace: Steady and easy

Characters: Absolutely charming! Ryland was the gruff and sexy alph
Liberty Ann (SnifferWalkBooks) Ireland
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased and honest review. All opinions are my own and no further compensation was received.

My Thoughts:

Ahhh Shifter crack...Yay! I love reading about shifters .... however this was the first time I had read about bear shifters in much detail. Well, guess what? I loved them - especially Ryland!

Due to being betrayed in the past, Ryland had basically resigned himself to being single. He had thrown himself into creating a peaceful lodge and islan...more
Suzan
May 22, 2013 Suzan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
I loved this book so much! It's a great start to a new series, I don't know how Rosanna does it but each book is every bit as a amazing and irresistible as the last! I just did not want to put this book down at any stage, it was too addictive!
I loved the characters and I will admit to Ryland being my favourite brother from the start! Don't get me wrong, I love Soren, he's fun but if the two brothers were in front of me (both single) I'd totally say see ya to Soren while dragging Ryland off somew...more
Krystle ~A Booknatic~
This was my first “Shifter” read and I found it to be a very sweet story.

Ryland is the owner of a private fishing lodge (The Ursa Fishing Lodge) on Gemini Island, which is basically a haven for the shifter race. A place where young shifters can learn to come into their own in peace where they'll be safe. A place where no one has to worry about being themselves.....Pure serenity.

Everything was indeed serene until Ryland's rock star hot shot brother Soren showed up fearing for his life. This come...more
Jessica Cline
This was a really nicely written feel good book. A definite must for anyone in a TLC kind of mood.

Both our hero and heroine have swerved slightly off the beaten path with quirks like an overwhelming fondness for plaid or a irrational fear of all things furry. They both accept each other and help each other however they can.

The setting is a lodge out on an island that caters to shifters. That being said, with all of the action in this book it started to seem like Grand Central Station with stalke...more
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favourite line(s) “Was that one of the reasons he’d played Winnie-the-Pooh with her? To make her like him so she’d stay?”
AND I HAD to add this one too
“Did I happen to mention how much I like honey?”

Predator's Kiss was a yummy shifter story but, instead of wolves it has bears!! I love Bears!!
Ryland owns a island where shifters can be free to be well them selves and Lia rights those oh so yummy books I love (sorta like this author) She's running from a CRZY stalker when she literally numbs into a...more
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
This review will appear at My Secret Romance Book Reviews

Paranormal romances are so much fun. There is so much you can do with them. You are not bound by the constraints of working with only full human characters. In Predator’s Kiss author Rosanna Leo takes advantage of those allowances and gave readers and amazing bear-shifter stories.

There are not many bear-shifter stories out there. Most shifter stories I’ve found revolve around wolf-shifters and large cat-shifters. One of the fun things abou...more
~Thena~
That it took me so long to finish this book is no reflection on Rosanna Leo's writing or this story. It was nothing more than my own crazy life constantly getting in the way of my reading time. Darn adult responsibilities! I finally got some time to myself today and the first thing I did was spend some time with sexy bear shifters. It was time well spent indeed!

This was a very sweet, sexy, lighthearted, story, and it was thoroughly enjoyable. As always, I love Rosanna Leo's humor and her charact...more
Julie Ramsey
Predator's Kiss

Gemini Island is a place where families come to have fun, relax, be one with nature and most importantly to be themselves. This is important because there are not too many places where shifters can have a safe haven. Ryland, owner of Gemini island and a bear shifter, takes pride in giving shifters a vacation spot where they can shift and do what comes natural. When he gets a message from his brother Soren, Ryland knows trouble is coming. When Soren arrives, Ryland finds out that t...more
Sandy Wolters
Book: Predator's Kiss
Series: Gemini Island Shifters Series - Book 1
Author: Rosanna Leo
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance/Fantasy Romance (Shifter)
Length: Approximately 149 Pages

*****

Book: Predator's Serenade
Series: Gemini Island Shifters Series - Book 2
Author Rosanna Leo
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance/Fantasy Romance (Shifter)
Length: Approximately 112 Pages

My fingers are singed from holding my Kindle while reading this smoking hot series by ROSANNA LEO. I've had both of these books on my Kindle s...more
Kelly
Predator's Kiss is the first book in Rosanna Leo new series "Gemini Island Shifers". I really like Rosanna's writing style. She writes in a way that makes the story flow which makes it more enjoyable to read.

The stories hero is Ryland Snow, the owner of a resort on Gemini Island. He loves the peacefulness and tranquility of the resort he created. This resort is for all shifters to come and relax. For the most part humans are not allowed in this resort. Soren, Rylands rock star brother, arrives...more
Christy Gissendaner
As a fan gal of Rosanna's mythological romances, I wasn't quite sure if the bear shifters could compare. Boy, was I wrong!

Ryland is a sweet, sexy, protective bear. His brother, Soren, is a wild child musician polar bear. Pardon the pun...but the brothers are polar opposites. Ryland with his plaid shirted self strolled out of the page and captured my heart. Sensitive, sweet, and sexy. Win win win.

The heroine, Lia, is an erotic romance author on the run from a crazed stalker and ends up in the a...more
⚔⚔ Lani the Destroyer ⚔⚔
I don't know why this book sat in my TBR pile for so long because it ticks all my boxes at first glance: it has bear shifters and a beautiful cover! I have read Rosanna Leo's The Selkie (and loved it), and Predator's Kiss also didn't disappoint. I loved Ryland and his connection with the Lia, and somehow their romance seemed to be both sugary sweet and super sexy. Rosanna Leo's books alway leave me feeling good guaranteed, so she has now been bumped to one of my comfort read authors. I highly re...more
Isabelle
PNR, shifter

cover 4 stars

I could see this would be a romance with a bear-shifter in an outdoorsy kind of place.
I wished the title and sub-title didn't cover the bear.

characters 4 stars

They are all good characters with some promising future ones.
I wish Ryland were a more Dominant alpha.

plot 4 stars

I really like the idea of the bear-shifter and I was impressed and glad the author provide us with lots of info on bears, since they are not the usual shifter you find.

I like the "new world", the BB onl...more
Leigh
While I enjoyed the story I found that I had trouble with the language the author used. I understand that the MC was a writer of historical erotic romance however the off and on formal tone of this book just didn't work for me all the time.

Having said that I found the characters likeable.
Margie Consorte
What do you do when you are a bear shifter and looking for a world of peace? Of course, you get involved with your hound of a brother running from a hit man AND a beautiful woman on the run from a crazy stalker fan.

Ryland owns and runs Ursa Fishing Lodge on Gemini Island as a sanctuary for shifters. His basic distrust of humans has him keeping the resort for shifters only. When his brother calls needing a place to hide, he knows trouble is on its way. While dealing with his brother, a human woma...more
V.L. Locey
Once more I wish we had those half stars, because this book is a definite 4 1/2 star read! Ms. Leo knocks it out of the park, or perhaps I should say off the island. Gemini Island, that is. Where you`ll find sexy shapeshifters like Ryland and Soren Snow among many others. Brother bears they are, and the relationship between the two is superb!

Being a fan of snark, I loved the snappy banter between the brothers. Ryland and Lia are a great couple that make the page sizzle from the first meeting.

T...more
R *is for Relentless*
Good shapeshifter/romance. Really enjoyed the story and will look for the next. I really want to see Rylands brother Soren hooked up. :)
Aixa
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Shifters, what is it about them that call to most of us. Is it the draw of something different that is still somewhat human or is the draw of having someone powerful, which can take care of us. What ever it is we like them. Most of the time we tend to read about wolf shifters, which to me is the most common and if its not then I need to read more but when I read the blurb for this story I was intrigued. Bear shifters. Now I think I definitel...more
I never thought I'd like a bear shifter (they're not my favourite animal), but I did like Ryland Snow. This book was a healthy balance of humour and romance. Lia Goodblood is an author of erotica, and her recentmost novel has led her to acquire a stalker determined to make her his "love slave." As such, she winds up on Gemini Island to try and escape him... and into the arms of Ryland Snow and his brother, Soren Snow, who is trying to escape as well--but from a hit man.

I enjoyed this story. It...more
Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer
What a sweet, smexy, short this lovely book turned out to be.

Ryland Snow is a hunky, yummy bear shifter from up North....North of the Border in my case. He has created a lovely little world for his fellow shifters on Gemini Island at his Ursa Fishing Lodge. Here they can feel safe and shifter parents have started to bring their children in for Ryland to mentor them. Unfortunately the peace of his idyllic get-a-way is about to be disturbed.

First by his unbelievably talented but slutty brother Sor...more
Lydia Perversius
The enormous grizzly bear stalked toward the teenagers, its footfall eerily quiet for such a large beast.

And what a beast! One that we would very much like to cuddle with, once we see his human side ;)

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's take it from the beginning, shall we?

Lia Goodblood, an erotica writer, is running from her biggest fan, who happens to be a creepy stalker that wants to do some very freaky stuff to her. She ends up on Gemini Island, where Ryland Snow, the gruff, human-wary,...more
Ellen
Predator's kiss is a very nice enjoyable read. It is on the lighter side compared to some other PNR that is out there.
It has a good blend of romance, action, and tongue in cheek humor. I liked the brothers interaction with each other, they are typical brothers. I look forward to Soren's story. He's just asking to be swept off his feet.

I wasn't going to say anything cause I did enjoy reading this story, but this bothered me just a little bit, so I have to get this off my chest.
One thing is there...more
Elaine White
Would I read it again - Yes
Plot - well developed, great flow
Characters - well developed, simple, warm, nice background stories
Movie Potential - ★★★★☆
Ease of reading - very easy

***I was given this book in exchange for honest review (LoP)***

Okay, so to start, let me say that I loved this book. I read it in two sittings, devouring it like a little hungry bear cub J

However - being an erotic romance book, there is a use of profanity, and sexually explicit scenes and words. If you are easily offended...more
Carin
Taking a step away from her usual mythological gods Rosanna Leo's newest book Predator's Kiss is about brothers who are bear shifters and a very frightened erotic romance writer who is being stalked.

With the unique idea of a vacation lodge and private island for shifters, Predator's Kiss is funny, sexy and even suspenseful. Ms Leo has a way of painted pictures with her stories so that you can imagine the wild things in her books actually happening. I fell in love with the grumpy grizzly shifter...more
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {215} Predator's Kiss COMPLETED 36 70 Jun 27, 2013 04:02AM
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves, #1)
  • A Mating Dance (Ashwood Falls, #2)
  • No Ifs, Ands, or Bears About It (Grayslake, #1)
  • A Fox Between the Bear's Sheets (Wylde Bears #2)
  • Fate Knows Best (Kindred of Arkadia, #1)
  • Old Souls
  • Melody's Wolf (Lyric Hounds, #1)
  • Trinity Bound (Redwood Pack, #3)
  • Bear Naked (Halle Shifters, #3)
  • Copper King (Takhini Shifters #1)
  • Critical Intelligence (Immortal Ops, # 2)
  • Collared for a Night (Rocky Mountain Shifters, #1)
  • Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My!
  • Logan's Acadian Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans, #4)
  • Keltor (Guardian Archives, #1)
  • Caged Heat (Black Meadow Pack, #2)
Rosanna Leo is a multi-published author with Liquid Silver Books. She has her degree in history and literature, as well as in classical singing. Currently residing in Toronto, Canada, her favorite things are her family, dusty libraries, and Nutella. Rosanna loves it when the geeky, awkward girl gets the hot guy, and has made it her mission to see this happen in her books as much as possible. You c...more
More about Rosanna Leo...
For the Love of a God (Greek God, #1) The Selkie (Orkney Selkies, #1) Sweet Hell (Greek God, #2) Predator's Serenade (Gemini Island Shifters, #2) Sunburn (Greek God, #3)