Start by marking “Love Finds You in Branson, Missouri” as Want to Read:
Love Finds You in Branson, Missouri

Love Finds You in Branson, Missouri

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  165 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Love Finds You

Ellie Heinrichs dreams of becoming a famous Broadway actress. Instead, Ellie is cast as a rural heroine in Branson's outdoor drama, The Shepherd of the Hills. In a grudging attempt to get in touch with her character, Ellie translates her great-grandmother's diary and is soon swept up in a tale of love and loss, wisdom and faith. As Ellie grows close to Will H
Paperback
Published May 2013 by Harlequin (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Love Finds You in Branson, Missouri, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Finds You in Branson, Missouri

Loraine
I really enjoyed this Love Find You for several reasons. First, the faith thread that was woven throughout was well written without being "in your face," and the characters showed that God will redeem us no matter what mistakes we have made. Second, the use of Ellie's great-great grandmother's diary threaded in the storyline was well choreographed. Third, the minor storyline with Ellie's best friend Audrey added a surprise punch. Finally, the double theme of God's grace and family love and bonds ...more
Marklessgirl
I really liked how real it all was and how the characters had made a lot of mistakes in there life but that they did not want to repeat. And how it showed God's redeeming love. Ellie Found more than just a husband when she went to Branson. And I loved that:)
Billie Flaming
Oct 02, 2013 Billie Flaming rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've read things unpublished better than this.

The writing style is weak, and the details are too abundant and take away from the story and characters. The characters don't feel real.

The writer tells the reader what is going on. The writer tells, doesn't show.
Jan 27, 2015 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Title: LOVE FINDS YOU IN BRANSON, MISSOURI
Author: Gwen Ford Faulkenberry
Publisher: Summerside Press
August 2011
ISBN: 978-1609361914
Genre: Contemporary romance

Ellie Heinrichs dreams becoming a famous Broadway actress. Instead, Ellie is cast as a rural heroine in Branson’s outdoor drama, The Shepherd of the Hills. In a grudging attempt to get in touch with her character, Ellie translates her great-grandmother’s diary and is soon swept up in a tale of love and loss, wisdom and faith.

As Ellie grows c
Trea
I have enjoyed a good bit of the Love Finds You series, and was totally bummed out when I found out that they decided to discontinue them. I made it a mission to read all of the series, and hopefully owning the ones I really enjoyed. I started purchasing them when they came on sale, without having read them beforehand, simply because I knew the price would go up the rarer they became. This is one I'm really wishing I had read before purchasing.

I thought much of the plot was way too coincidental.
Brenda
Sep 28, 2011 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great romance built around the theater in Branson Missouri. It has been a while since I read this book. I've been lax in getting my reviews done because my computer was down. I do remember I really enjoyed this book and due to the main character, Ellie, transcribing from German her Grandmothers diary, there is a love story within a story. I did finish this book quite quickly which usually means it was an easy and enjoyable read. I feel really badly that I can't do a proper review but it has be ...more
Lissie
Jul 22, 2016 Lissie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good book. From page one till the end it's very romantic. Adult content in this book and not recommended for younger kids. I loved this book and the feel of it. Really cool how the two main characters abstain from after marriage stuff till after they're married. I know it is a struggle, but they do it and feel better afterwards because they made the right choice. Recommend.
Cheryl
Jun 09, 2015 Cheryl rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Blech. The "heroine" of this story was so dull and unrelatable. How dull you ask? When her new love interest asks her where she wants to eat, she replies that she likes Olive Garden. She shops at J. Crew and Coldwater Creek.

She has everything handed to her, a fully furnished condo, a paying job as an actress which she doesn't appreciate, a Broadway audition despite having an agent that does nothing for her at all, a friend who conveniently lives in NY, family with money, I could keep going.

The
Holly
Sep 08, 2014 Holly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, romance is NOT my favorite genre, but this was a cute story. With several good messages weaved into the story.

There were some logistical things that bugged me about the story like what was Will's last name? At the beginning of the story it was "Howard" but at least once it seemed to get flipped with the William in Great-Great Grandmother's diary. I also found it interesting that that Ellie often referred to her mother by her first name, same with references to Audrey's father.

Regardless, th
Pauline
Apr 08, 2015 Pauline rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was loaned to me and isn't what I'd normally read, but it was interesting in that I've visited the table rock area. Pretty good story but a bit confusing in the end. Not sure I understand the connections yet. Maybe I didn't read close enough all the way through. It was alright as a simple and quick read.
Sally
So, with romances you're 98% guaranteed to get a happy ending. What makes a romance special is in the getting toward that ending. Faulkenberry's book is one of those specials. There are not just one but three romances in this novel - one in the past and two in the present - and each has to do with following your heart in regard to what you want to do with your life. Sometimes, you find that once you get what you want it's not so great after all. Sometimes, you find yourself following the expecta ...more
Jill Twigg
May 31, 2016 Jill Twigg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness! This was really hard to put down and I didn't want it to end. Ellie is reading her great great grandmother's diary and sees how her life may be paralleling with her own. The side story of Audrey and Beecher is almost as interesting as Ellie and Will. Can't wait to read another.
Heather
Aug 14, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually started reading this as a joke because I needed a book for a train ride and met my own husband in Branson. And I am we'll acquainted with all the stuff the author described. I ended up liking it better than I thought simply because I liked the characters. Some plot lines and situations were a little contrived, and there were some errors about Branson in general, but I only knew them because I lived there. Cute, fun read. Not super deep, and the ending was a little rushed. I'd recommen ...more
Charlene Mills
Jun 28, 2015 Charlene Mills rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great
Teresa Snyder
May 17, 2012 Teresa Snyder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A sweet romance that actually was a romance. This book actually has a kiss within the first few chapters. There was a somewhat unexpected twist about midways through the book (hum, didn't see that coming), followed by a second romance, some sadness, and a very sweet ending. Only thing that would have made it better would have been an epilogue.
Becky
Sep 25, 2013 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book, but it had more worldliness in it than I like in a specifically Christian book. I really liked the story line over all, the connections were interesting, and I love Branson. :)
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Love Finds You…
Category: Inspirational Romance
Laurie Timberlake
Loved it! I live near Branson so it was a fun book to read!
Kelly
Mar 02, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A feel good book! Quick and easy read
Maggie Rozean
Feb 03, 2016 Maggie Rozean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Gail C Moritz
Gail C Moritz marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Ashlyn
Ashlyn marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Rachel Mccammon
Rachel Mccammon marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
  • Love Finds You in Treasure Island, Florida
  • Love Finds You in Carmel-By-The-Sea, California
  • Love Finds You in Hope, Kansas
  • Love Finds You in Bethlehem, New Hampshire
  • Love Finds You in Liberty, Indiana (merge)
  • Love Finds You in Sun Valley, Idaho
  • Love Finds You in Maiden, North Carolina
  • Love Finds You in Golden New Mexico
  • Love Finds You in Revenge, Ohio
  • Love Finds You in Silver City, Idaho
Gwen Ford Faulkenberry lives and writes in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas. She and her husband, Stone, have three young children: Grace, Harper, and Adelaide. Gwen is the author of God’s Heart for You, a gift book published by Penman Paper, and she has written hundreds of products for DaySpring Cards, as well as several novels in the popular Love Finds You romance line. A professor of English at ...more
More about Gwen Ford Faulkenberry...