Start by marking “Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4)” as Want to Read:
Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4)

Captivated by You (Crossfire #4)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  66,486 Ratings  ·  5,125 Reviews
Gideon calls me his angel, but he's the miracle in my life. My gorgeous, wounded warrior, so determined to slay my demons while refusing to face his own.

The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh. Instead they opened old wounds, exposed pain and insecurities, and lured bitter enemies out of the shadows. I felt him slipping from my grasp, my g
Paperback, First Edition, 356 pages
Published November 18th 2014 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Captivated by You, please sign up.

Sarrah from Sylvia's FAQ: "To avoid what happened with the shuffling of Entwined with You’s release date, we’re going to refrain from announcing a date until…morefrom Sylvia's FAQ: "To avoid what happened with the shuffling of Entwined with You’s release date, we’re going to refrain from announcing a date until the book is in production and everything is Set. In. Stone. You’ve seen something like this recently with the release of Dan Brown’s Inferno–it was announced in mid-January and in readers’ hands mid-May." Also, it looks like she's on tour in Brazil from the end of August through the beginning of September, so I'm guessing she's tied up for a few weeks more anyway.(less)
Obožavatelj Knjiga She said that it will be in 2015. Minimal 6 months after the release of the 4. part of the series.

Akanksha❤ Søren♰
The final verdict is out by the readers - This book isn't worth it. Fillers and Sex. No story. Wait for book 5.
Well, I say FUCK IT.
I am 98% dumping this series.

~

5 books spread across 5 years is soooo YA Sci-Fi!!

~
LOL!! No date yet.

SERIOUSLY!!!???!!!???!!!

Its bloody pissing off how much the storyline of this series is being stretched when its not even fucking needed.

Sex scenes are like fillers in this series, they take up 90% of the story :P

One more book? My reaction is more of being pissed than
Aestas Book Blog
Nov 22, 2014 Aestas Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::: 5 STARS!!! ::::

My casting for Gideon & Eva ^^^

SQUEEE!!! I absolutely LOVED this book!!

I love this series. I love these characters. I love the writing. I love the story. I love the intensity of Gideon and Eva's love for each other. I love their passion. I love the character development. I've loved everything about the Crossfire series from the very beginning and this was another fantastic addition!! 5 STARS!!

This is the fourth book in this series and continue
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
3 I'm being generous here... and Only Gideon Stars

Take me. Take all of me. The good and the bad. Everything. Take it all.

description

So, finally we are here. Almost a year and a half since book 3 we are getting more Gideon, drama Eva, drama, sex, unnecessary drama and their merry band of family, exes, friends and enemies. So lots of...

description

Got it? Of course you do and I got a migraine from the sheer amount of it.

description

My worst fears came true. Stretching the plot thin might have worked with our Gideon addiction (who s
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 28, 2014 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it liked it
*This is just a matter of opinion guys.*

I like this series, I do. But was it just me or was being in Gideon's POV just feel a tad off? I don't know, I just felt disconnected with him.

Also... while you do see Ava and Gideon making progress in regards to their relationship, there was no substantial anything that occurred in this book. It just felt flat and redundant throughout.

*sighs* Sorry, I may be being a tad hard on this read but I didn't feel it matched up to the hype it had been given.

Strang
Jasmine
ZERO FARK GIVEN STARS *RAGE MODE*

Most epic Buddy Read with my funny ladies: Eda, Flo & Supreet! Thanks lovelies, couldn't have done this without you!

In today's lesson on how to ruin an initially great series, here's an easy step-to-step guide.

Step 1: Write a trilogy and announce at the end of the book that there'll be more books to come!

Step 2: Make your readers wait for 1 and a half year for the next book to be out.

Step 3: Releases said book to only find out later that it's filled with n
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
I too will not be reading this as OMG what a total farce to keep dragging this out for financial gain. Let's face it book 3 was so full of repetitive crap that it shouldn't have been a book 3 in it's own right but should have been part of book 2 and half of book 2 should have been book 1. So come on Sylvia Day give us some credance to having brains, we are not your money train and show us some respect as what your doing with now having 5 books is leaving us with very little respect for you.
Kristalia
Jun 14, 2015 Kristalia marked it as to-read
Shelves: age-adult
WHYYYYYYYYY WHAT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????

(were 4th and 5th really necessary O_O?????)

well,more Gideon for me :P

p.s. edit:

as i stated in my review for Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) , it would be fantastic IDEA if this book happened from GIDEON'S POV or ALTERNATIVE POVS, because i cant stand to be in Eva's head anymore.

____________________________________________

____________________________________________

MY CROSSFIRE REVIEWS:

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)
~IreneOust~

5 *CAPTIVATED* stars

It's been a while and I almost forgot how much I enjoy Sylvia Day's effortless writing! This [to me] was flawless. The story, the writing, the pace, the flow of events, everything ...

I planned on skimming through book 3 because I didn't remember much but, as I started reading 'Captivated by You', it all came back. Very emotional and super sexy à la Sylvia, this is my favorite book in this series so far but the stage has been set for so many events that I bet grand finale wou
~ Becs ~
Nov 17, 2014 ~ Becs ~ marked it as maybe-baby
Just don't know if I'm gonna read this one or not. For me, this series has lost a lot of its momentum with the release dates being so drawn out. Originally I thought it would be a trilogy and the story got dragged out over several more releases and it's kind of lost it's sparkle.

I have to add that I did love the first couple of books and may well need to restart the series to fully enjoy this one. It feels like years go by and we don't have a new Crossfire book!
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #
Epic Buddy Read with my lovelies JASMINE, SUPREET and FLO

** 1 "#NotEvenGideonCanSaveThis" STAR **

When an author decides to stretch her world-famous series into 5 books and makes her fans wait for it FOR 17 MONTHS, you can’t help but think ”Whoooo! Something epic must be coming, yeah?”

Well, something epic did come my friends. Because this right here, is an EPIC FAILURE.

I’m not gonna say ”I’m so disappointed with this book.” or something, because I had no hopes for it to be any good anyway. Af
Kristen
4 Solid Stars

description

Captivated by You wasn't as "captivating" for me as the first three books in the series were, but I still very much enjoyed reading it.

I won't lie; after finishing the previous book, I was concerned there wouldn't be enough relevant story plot left to sustain two more books. I'm happy to report I was wrong. The plot remained focused on the relationship development between Gideon and Eva and didn't resort to clichéd or contrived plot devices to keep the plot moving along. Amazing,
Jana Jacobs
Nov 18, 2014 Jana Jacobs rated it it was amazing
Is there such a thing as getting enough of Gideon Cross I mean really. I can read 10 books about them and still be tempted to read the 11th.

I can't wait for the 4th and 5th books to come out. Sylvia Day is a amazingly talented writer and I am sure what ever comes in the 4th and 5th books will be just as good as the rest.

Can't wait!!!!!!
Martina
I read a few of the comments bellow and I'm quite surprised. If you loved the first three books than you shouldn't have a problem with book four or five. The author feels like there's more to the story (or just doesn't want to end the success of the series) so there will be more. Nobody says that you should read it. If Entwined with you's ending is enough for you, just don't read the rest. I'm having a hard time letting go of the characters I love so I'm happy that there are going to be more boo ...more
Christy
4 stars!

photo e5c47bcb-8909-4608-8914-8e9073a21f66_zps37ba4cd6.jpg
I would set the world on fire to clear a path for her, if thats what it took.

The fourth installment of the Crossfire series wasn’t perfect, but it was still an entertaining and enjoyable read for me. It had it’s ups (ANYTHING with Gideon. Elevator. Sex swing. Cary) Then some downs (The bickering, and there were some little things towards the end that rubbed me the wrong way). I listened to the audio version of this book and I thought the narrators were awesome. They did a great job
Mysza
Nov 30, 2014 Mysza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-read

So, it was supposed to be a trilogy and damn, she wrote another book. Guess what? I don't give a flying fuck. No, wait, I actually do. Sylvia Day could write 10 more books about Gideon and I would still read them.

Ah, we had to wait for this part for almost a year and a half.... yeah, I don't care either. It's not like I didn't have wonderful books to read in between.

The story is being dragged just for the sake of releasing books? I say, hell yeah, keep dragging Sylvia Day because I will never ha
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! [AMAZON LINK]

photo CF4teaserxBbysb_zps418bbfed.gif

Is GIDEON CROSS my favorite hero? Well… let’s just say he is up there with AIR and OXYGEN!

For me the theme song for Gideon’s and Eva’s story is:
Listen to Otis Redding’s soulful rendition of “My precious love” . It so simply depicts the intensity of Gideon’s love and need for his Eva:

“Your precious love means more to me than any love
Than any love could ever be
For when I wanted you I was so lonely and so blue
That’s what love, that’s what love really ma
Catarina
3 Hot Stars.

description

Okay, in this fourth book the story of Eva and Gideon continues… and well, as f*cked up as ever. I won’t tell you exactly what happen not only because it is too much on too little time. But as they try to go on with their married life (while trying to keep it a secret), the media, their past and their family don’t give them a rest, and they need to find out they keep together when hits to separate them are coming from every direction.

I have a love/hate relationship with this seri
ღFloღ the coffee addict
1 I need to bleach my brain STAR

Disclaimer: If you like this book...STOP READING NOW!!
If you happen to be a fan of the series or SD...STOP READING NOW!!
I'm serious, this is going to offend and I don't want to lose my dear friends...;P

********************************************

Posted before the read:

BR with the most fabulous girls around...Jasmine, Supreet and Eda!

Not looking forward to read this particular book, but our epic BRs make everything better. So this should be at least highly enter
Beverly
4 - 4.5 Mr. Dark and Dangerous Stars

My love for Gideon goes way back, he basically had me from this moment:

“Because I want to fuck you, Eva. I need to know what’s standing in my way, if anything.”

I remember reading that line and thinking SHIT JUST GOT REAL. I have loved Gideon since and I anxiously await every release in this series. This particular release I hunted down the paperback book just to read it a few days early…FAIL.

A lot of people would classify this book as filler and honestly
Shurrn
Two steps forward; three steps back

(Spoilers only if you haven't read the first 3 Books)

Captivated by You is the perfect springboard for a finale, but didn't quite deliver the punch expected from the Crossfire series... I think it's fair to say I'm Captivated by Eva & Gideon's story... Due to that fact, I also think I hold Sylvia Day to a different standard than other authors. Reading is subjective that way....

The true strength of the Crossfire series is found in the complexity of the charac
*****3.5 STARS*****
{BR with Mel, Dee, Sharon, and Tiffany}

photo 26bd1914199041647e75230d487ce5cc_zps8df9574d.jpg

I can't believe it took me five days to finish this book!
It felt like an eternity since I had read "Entwined With You". I was upset that Sylvia Day decided to make this a 5 book series, but not enough to give up on it. I was dying to get my hands on this book.

I'm so very sad that this book just didn't win me over. I found it to be kind of slow for the most part. I didn't like the unnecessary drama with Brett, Corinne, and the other two
Rachel Reads Ravenously
1.5 Procrastination Killer stars

Okay, it takes A LOT for me to give a book anything less than 3 stars. Seriously, go to my profile and look at my stats. It's a rare thing for me. I was literally choosing to write papers for graduate school over reading this book. I finished a damn 20+ page paper in 2 days because I was avoiding reading this book.

My biggest issue with the book? I was bored. That's right, BORED!

Gideon and Eva were boring! I still kind of can't wrap my mind around this. After t
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
5 ANGEL MINE STARS

OK so I have seen many reviews and lots of frustrations about this book. YES, it took forever and a day to get here...YES it had a lot of questions to answer...YES, it had a lot of hype...for many it did not satisfy many of their needs or wants from the series.

But GUESS WHAT? I don't give a flying hoot! I flipping loved the book! Start to Finish, I could not get enough of what Sylvia Day was laying down.

I have followed the tumultuous relationship of Eva Trammell and Gideon Cros
100sweet
Jun 04, 2013 100sweet rated it did not like it
I have decided to stop reading this series. It was originally ADVERTISED as a trilogy but after the success of the first 2 books the author became greedy and decided to release a 4th and 5th book. I am so disgusted and disappointed by this author. She is clearly taking this opportunity to make a quick buck and thinks nothing of the fans that are responsible for her success. For now I will no longer read ANY books by this author. Maybe when I've calmed down that will change but for now all I can ...more
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
I LOVE Gideon!

The Crossfire series is special to me in so many ways. Bared to You, (Crossfire #1) is the very first book I experienced on my beloved kindle and I've never looked back. It was originally planned as 3 books but, luckily for us, Gideon took on a life of his own, he's adored by so many and this author decided to breathe life into a larger series. FIVE books! I will take as much Gideon and Eva as I'm offered. For me their story is effortless reading. It's beautiful, erotic and sensua
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Nov 20, 2014 Natasha is a Book Junkie rated it it was amazing
“You okay, angel mine?”
“I’m in your arms. Life doesn’t get better than this.”

It will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me as a reader that the Crossfire series is my own personal kryptonite. No other series has kept me as emotionally invested for such a long time as these books have, having re-read each one of them countless times and always discovering new layers to the story, new details that I might have missed or skimmed over on that first…or tenth…or twentieth re-read. This is one
Gail
Nov 18, 2014 Gail rated it it was ok
***Possible Spoiler Alert-(whispers "although nothing new happens")

*Yawn* Was there a purpose to this book? Unless the purpose behind this book was an attempt at driving this series into the ground, then congratulations, it was a success. This book is similar to ordering a box of candies from a company that you’ve trusted in the past, and they send you a huge box, and you think that it’s going to be filled with all sorts of goodness, but then you open the box, and it’s filled with nothing but pa
Michelle
Gideon & Ava’s story continues in part four of this series. Returning to the real world, secretly married but having to keep it under wraps. As news of their engagement breaks, these two navigate planning a future while Ava is trying to help Gideon put the past to rest.

I know that there are a lot of readers out there that were upset about the expansion of the trilogy to five books and the timeframe of the release, but for me, that never mattered. Sure I wanted the book sooner – but having t
♠ Becka & Cerys ♠ | Spitfire Reviews
Update: 2.5 stars - being generous here...Today I read the book...My original point is still COMPLETELY valid. There was barely any story to this book. I liked seeing Gideons POV (since when did Angus talk in a Scottish accent? Oh wait, I wouldn't remember since I read the last book OVER A YEAR AGO.) There's not a ton of sex in this book, which exceeded my expectations, however, it was literally just pure filler information. Things the story could of done without. The ending looks like the autho ...more
Anja
Apr 12, 2016 Anja rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

First things first..

I LOVE GIDEON -- AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE HIM!

He is the only reason Im still reading this series.

BUT CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE AUTHOR HAS DECIDED TO STRETCH THIS SERIES INTO (!) 5 BOOKS??!

I've waited so long for this book that I've forgotten almost everything! After my re-read I was so giddy to start this - even with the 3rd book being just a "filler book" for me. I woke up in the middle of the night an
haters 42 241 Jan 16, 2017 06:42AM
Seriously Now? 4816 4151 May 20, 2016 03:50PM
Losing its magical appeal.. 49 284 Jun 29, 2015 09:41AM
Captivated by You 4 65 Feb 23, 2015 09:48AM
Chapter 19: Am I missing something? (Spoilers!) 37 567 Jan 27, 2015 10:17AM
Cary Questions & Spoilers 9 195 Jan 23, 2015 01:04PM
  • Mr. Beautiful (Up in the Air, #4)
  • Rare and Precious Things (The Blackstone Affair, #4)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Last Light (Night Owl, #2)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Taming the Storm (The Storm, #3)
  • Untitled (The Dark Duet Spinoff)
  • Undying (Undeniable, #6)
  • Defending Her Honor
  • Tease Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #7)
  • Wrapped in You (Waiting for You, #2)
  • Brendon (Alluring Indulgence, #8)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • Always Forever (Sometimes Never, #4)
  • Gabriel's Redemption (Gabriel's Inferno, #3)
  • Worth the Fight (Accidentally on Purpose, #3)
  • All He Desires (All or Nothing, #3)
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com, Facebook.com/AuthorSylviaDay and on Twitter @SylDay.
More about Sylvia Day...

Crossfire (5 books)
  • Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)
  • Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)
  • Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)
  • One with You (Crossfire, #5)

“My wife would fight the world for me. It was miraculous to know that. When no one else had fought for me, I’d somehow found the one soul who would.” 46 likes
“Goddamn it. You’ll never be without me. We’re going to grow old together. Die together. I’m not going to live a single day without you.” 36 likes