Start by marking “Saving Dallas (Saving Dallas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Saving Dallas (Saving Dallas, #1)

Saving Dallas (Saving Dallas #1)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  7,772 ratings  ·  525 reviews
When the self-righteous, millionaire bachelorette, Dallas Knox walks into Hattiesburg’s largest night club she is looking for one thing – a one night stand with no strings attached. What she doesn’t expect is to find herself at the mercy of the Devil’s Renegades Motorcycle Club and their President-Luke Carmical.

Luke is dangerous, sexy, and dark. The life he lives is far di
Published April 30th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Saving Dallas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Dallas

Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanOwn the Wind by Kristen AshleyUnbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan
Bikers
33rd out of 1,069 books — 2,046 voters
Motorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyReaper's Property by Joanna WyldeUndeniable by Madeline SheehanOwn the Wind by Kristen AshleySweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley
Heroes in Motorcycle Clubs
19th out of 315 books — 1,333 voters

More lists with this book...

Caitlin Peterson
I bought this on a whim, because of that cover. Wouldn't you? I balked a little at the price, since $4.88 seems steep for a self pub that isn't well known. However, I was intrigued with the premise and I went ahead and bought it anyway.

This wasn't terrible. There were several editing issues, which makes me think the author didn't pay for someone to look at it. Several instances where the author confused "wondering" and "wandering." Yikes. At that price point, I want a polished, finished novel an
Vallsykes
In my quest for more biker/MC romances...

This features a hero who is a MC President, builds houses, is an entrepreneur, a bad boy and a high society bachelor (who gets invited to things like governor balls). The story also features a heroine who is an owner of a multi-million dollar real estate business, an orphan, a control freak, a bitchy boss, a badass chick(she knows guns and how to fight), and a closet submissive. Now, tell me, do these main characters sound like superheroes?

LOL, the storyl
Gitanc
What do I think?

I think I am tired of reading crap based on raving goodread reviews.

I think at a time when reading is at an all time high, we are drowning in writings not worth reading.

I think the self publishing opportunities available today provide us with some chances to read worthwhile stories of talented unknown authors, but the avalanche of junk being produced gives us lottery odds of finding anything decent.

I think every Tammy, Diane, & Harriet who just decide to write a book one day
Jen
May 30, 2013 Jen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jen by: Jamie
I battled with the rating on this book; but in the end decided on a three stars. I find myself for the first time ever, not caring much for the hero in the story. In my opinion, he came off as uncaring, self-centered, and demanding in an unpleasant way. I am a huge lover of "alpha males" in the stories that I read. The more possessive they are the better. Even when they come across as demanding, it is done in away that shows they highly respect their woman; and her comfort and needs always come ...more
Christine
Holy Shit Balls...!!!
WHAT.A.RIDE...!!

That was awesome!!! Ok at this very moment I am cursing up a storm because I did not expect that ending...!!! It wasn't a bad one, it wasn't a good one, it wasn't one that I wanted and it definitely was not one I was expecting. Come to think of it...I kinda knew that was gonna happen coz there were only a few pages left and the story wasn't anywhere near being finished but what I can conclude from my rant is that I loved it!

Dallas is a self made millionaire.
~IreneOust~
DNF.

photo eyeroll_zps834f1440.gif

Returned for refund. Too juvenile for my taste.
Tipani
Harper Sloan
Well... THAT is how you write a hero to lust, swoon, obsess, crave and effing love! Jesus Lord Kim! Give me more Luke!
Zury
I found so many things “Wrong” with this book that is a miracle I finished it. OK, where to start…
The quotes were all jumbled together. There were MANY instances where I had to re-read the sentences twice to understand who said what.

I felt all throughout the book like big chunks of the story were cut out, leaving the reader to guess what had happened in between scenes.

First Dallas was a spoiled, conceited brat who did not trust anyone, and then all of a sudden, she is BFF with her Assistant. Sh
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
I'm going to be nice and say this book was not for me. It may be for some but again not for me. The story was all over the place, it was not believable and the way she ended it made me yell out OH COME ON!!!!

The sad truth is that I'll pick up book two cause I wanna know more. I'm a glutton for punishment.
✿kawehi.reviews
WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!
I was hoping that maybe with the good reviews and all that "Saving Dallas" could perhaps meet up to the hype of motorcycle gang books like Kristen Ashley's 'Own the Wind' or 'Fire Inside" but this doesn't even come close!

The plot was boring, the pacing was slow, there were a few typos in the text, and the characters were so annoying!! Especially Dallas!! So whiny and immature. And Luke, well, I didn't see the hype about him really. Nothing extraordinary about him.

These char
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Writing wise the book was excellent, Character wise? Not so much.
We have this rich spoiled bish sitting in a bar feeling sorry for herself because her boyfriend dumped her for a 5 (and she is a 10, ummmm ok?).
She is out to find herself a one nighter...she literally has some altercation with a cowboy when she gets rescued by our hero Luke... (supposed goon, as she calls him and his bikers) he takes her home, leaves her hanging..and the next day she is already sending a thank you note to cupid an
Heather
2.5 stars... Let me preface this with the fact that I LOVE Alpha Men.. add in some tattoos and a bike, well

Dallas Knox was a character that I could not stand. You know the kind that if they spontaneously combusted in front of you, you'd actually have to think really really really hard before even wasting a drop of your own spit to potentially save them-- yeah, she was it for me. I had a very hard time connecting to her.

Being five foot four with a body most people only dream of can get you a l
Anna
I am once again completely baffled by the number of glowing reviews for this book!

Dallas is the most shallow, dense, clingy, stupid character I think I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. She is a highly successful, ambitious, smart business savy millionaire 26 yr old. Yet, she has unprotected sex with a complete stranger who takes her home from a bar to his place! Within hours of meeting they are in love. She is a no nonsense alpha bitch one minute and a whiny, complaining child the next.
Wminbc
Despite the huge editing issues...I really enjoyed this one...heads up...I will beta read and edit Saving Dallas #2 just to get an advanced copy! Cheers!

Just read Kim's blog and there is NO WAY this book could be a 1 star!!! My 4 star rating was primarily based upon the edits and typos that are jarring when I am totally grooving on the story, the awesome (real) characters...
Try this one out if you love MC or love stories with angst!
♥★ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♥★
I Loved this book..Once I got into the story with all the twists and turns, I couldn't put it down, it didn't bother me that there was no mention of a second book until the very end of this, I can handle that, what I can't handle is the bugger of a cliff hanger!! That sucked!! I want book 2 now!!
Nicci   ☞ Hell Raisin Sugar  ☜
More questions left unanswered than answered, but I am hooked.....on a MC Gang and it's not Chaos....

The whole CDC (which mean Cunts Don't Count, BTW) naturally pissed me off, but Luke never expressed that sentiment. Love him. He reminds me a great deal of another sweetie pie MC Prez. Cannot wait for the next book!
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
or a 4, either way, I love this book! I love a good biker book always, I love the action, the hotness, the mystery, the fights! Only thing is, it ended with me feeling so bad and I wanna know what happens next! I am not a big fan of cliffhangers! gah!
Desarae
aust read Saving Dallas & it is by far one of my favorite reads of 2013 so far, and in my 10 favorites of all I have read which is close to 300 just since last September. This story is raw and captures your heart & breaks it all at once but in such a good way. I can't wait for book 2.... you are a gifted writer & I thank you for this book. Your talent is shown in this first book & I can't imagine it getting any better but look forward to you surpassing all expectations.
Nicole
I only made it to Chapter 8. This book is pretty awful. Bad character development, ridiculous insta-love with a mix of nonsenscial angst, and multiple editing mistakes.

Had I spent money on this book by itself, I would have demanded a refund. Thankfully, I got it as part of an anthology, and the other books made up for this dud.
Shannon
I am so disappointed in this book. I am determined to only read completed series, so I feel like I have waited forever for the series to be complete and start Saving Dallas. First, I want to say I am so glad I caught this book on sale and only spent $0.99 because if I had spent the $3.88 it is currently listed for, I would have been furious. I was looking forward to this book. I really enjoy MC books, both dark biker books and biker-lite. I think the overall storyline of this book was good, but ...more
Roses Book Blog
As a blogger and an avid reader I have read my share of books ranging from sweet and loving to down right erotic and disturbing. But I have a special place in my heart of bikers and no matter what I am reading I will drop it just to read it. Not every single one I have read has been great but I have to say that Saving Dallas ranks among my top 5 favorite books about Bikers. The first thing that drew me to this book was the cover. I happened by chance to see it while I was looking at another book ...more
Indy
After finishing one of Kirsten Ashley Dream Man novels recently, was on a biker bad boy kick. Should know that anything else pales in comparison, so unfair disadvantage already against any other author, but this was another striking example of when a good storyline goes bad due to poor writing.

Dallas is a wealthy woman with deceased parents who has a hidden past. One night she meets Lucas, construction owner/biker president, while falling at a bar one night. Fast forward 24-48 hours and now the
~*~Brooke's Stripped Down Reviews~*~
3.75 Stars

I lust after bikers. I wanna be an Ol' Lady. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the club and their 'laws don't effect me' way of life. However...
After the first MC book I ever read...nothing has been the same. MC books just don't compare to the one I absolutely LOVE...which shall remain nameless, for the sake of this review.

So Yes, Luke Carmical is sexy, studly, HOT, and full of endurance. I didn't like Dallas at first but she grew on me. Thank GOD she got over her self...she was a little too full o
Ashley Harden
Needs editing, majorly. Heroin is not likable at all. She makes a comment about having gave up everything for the hero which was ridiculous because she didn't have to give up anything beside having to learn not to be a selfish bitch! I also feel like there's too much going on too fast and it doesn't really allow you to connect to the characters. I do like books like this but feel like this one needs to go back through some major editing and brainstorming. I also feel like this story would be bet ...more
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Okay I know alot of people maybe didn't like this book! But me, I kinda loved it!
Maybe cause I am partial to tattood biker boys! :-)

Anyway, I loved Luke and I loved his relationship with Dallas! This story was a bit far fetched cause I mean people don't just fall in love on sight! Maybe Lust yah!
But for me, I think that's what books are for, to live in the far-fetched world.

So me, I loved every minute of this book!
Tracie Redmond
wow, really enjoyed this story. can't wait to see what Luke has to tell Dallas and why he was hired to proyect her. my queation is who hired him???? well can't wait for book two.
Rachel

Luke is my kinda BB!!!!
Great story but left with many unanswered Qs - when is the next instalment!!! Ahhhh
Vani
"Supe en ese momento que me había enamorado de este hombre"
PAGINA 28.
En serio?

GeNette
This could have been better ....
Avail on B&N 1 11 Nov 08, 2013 12:49PM
Release date of book 3????? 1 36 Oct 23, 2013 11:54AM
Kindle Lending (T...: SAVING DALLAS 3 22 Jul 03, 2013 05:27PM
Release date of book 2 7 132 Jun 11, 2013 02:31PM
  • Withstanding Me (Breakneck, #2)
  • Beauty and the Bad Boy (Bad Boy #1)
  • Satin and Steel (Riding the Line, #2)
  • Outlaw (Evil Dead MC, #1)
  • Holding On (Lights of Peril, #1)
  • Hot Ride
  • Rough Ride (Riding With Honor, #1)
  • Sweet Ride (Ride, #2)
  • Craving Constellations (The Aces, #1)
  • Ride (Bayonet Scars, #1)
  • Hell's Knights (The MC Sinners, #1)
  • One Ride (The Hellions Ride, #1)
  • Club Justice (Trinity Falls, #1)
  • Defiance (Defiance, #1)
  • Out of Darkness (Heaven Hill, #2)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Lash (The Skulls, #1)
  • Breathing His Air (Bantorus MC, #1)
Kim Jones is a writer with big dreams. Inspired by her personal experience inside the MC life, she’s chosen to write biker romance stories that are authentic—expressing the true meaning of brotherhood and the lifestyle of motorcycle clubs.

In 2013, Kim began her self-publishing journey. Saving Dallas, her first MC series, is based on the life of an influential president who juggles the pressures o
More about Kim Jones...

Saving Dallas (3 books)
  • Making the Cut (Saving Dallas, #2)
  • Saving Dallas Forever (Saving Dallas, #3)
Making the Cut (Saving Dallas, #2) Saving Dallas Forever (Saving Dallas, #3) Red Sinner's Creed (Sinner's Creed MC, #1) Carb Cycling: 5 Things that Will Turbo-Charge Your Metabolism (Carb Cycling, carb cycling for weight loss, carb cycling recipes)