Start by marking “An Intrepid Trip to Love (A Little Bite of Love #1)” as Want to Read:
An Intrepid Trip to Love (A Little Bite of Love #1)

An Intrepid Trip to Love (A Little Bite of Love #1)

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  1,376 Ratings  ·  262 Reviews
Tristan ‘Trip’ Hagan is a Husky shifter who was born to be the Hagan Clan’s next Alpha, a position of honor and nobility, a position he never wanted and was all too happy to pass onto his younger brother. But when they discovered his brother couldn’t have pups, the responsibility of continuing the Hagan Alpha line fell back to Trip. Under the weight of the Hagan Council’s ...more
Published May 26th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about An Intrepid Trip to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Intrepid Trip to Love

Charlie Cochet
Mar 25, 2015 Charlie Cochet added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own-books
*** UPDATE: Healing Hunter's Heart, Book 2 in the series will be released from Dreamspinner Press in April 24th, 2015.

***

Hi folks! I know there are a lot of characters to keep track of since the Hagan Clan is pretty big, so I thought this might help. :D

Larger version here: http://www.charliecochet.com/novellas...
Ami
I am not reviewing every story from "M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries" event; but some with separate covers might get one :).

This seemed to be a set-up for a new series from Charlie Cochet, who usually brought historical stories.

Things I Like:
+ The first two chapters were definite winner!! It was hilarious and fun. Imagine growing men getting all freaked out because of a mutant spider then of course, a woman saved the day (you go, Mom!). I loved this scene so very much.

+ Robbie (the
Macky
Edit: 24/4/15. Re-read: upping rating to 4.25 stars (original rating 3.75) because after reading second time around realised just how great this story is for a freebie! Plus had a better handle this time round on the characters and their parts in the story. Loved it!

Up to now all the LHNB stories that GR have given us as ' tasters ' before the big event have been really good and Charlie's story is no exception. This was a slightly different take on the shifter story and was really cute to beg
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Alright, I'm going to say it. This is MY prompt and I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY WITH IT!

It's not perfect but I laughed so much throughout this book, my cheeks were hurting by the end of the story. I fell in love with these characters, especially Trip. He's a bit melodramatic but his actions and words had me cracking up constantly. I loved that Robbie, Trip's son, has so many traits like his dad and I loved that Boone accepts them like that and even encourages them. Boone is so big and burly but he's d
Deeze
Where do I begin? Seriously I’m completely lacking in the words to explain just how wonderful this story is.

OK Lets give this a try.

This has the funniest starting chapter I have ever read. Seriously if you can read the first chapter without snickering out loud, well then you seriously are lacking a sense of humour. I can not get over how funny I found the beginning.

Robbie is now vying for top spot in my most wonderful kids list. This little guy is seriously awesome. Not since a certain Dragon na
Sandra
[image error]
Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

PHOTO DESCRIPTION:
An adorable picture shows a man with short, light brown hair wearing a black T-shirt and jeans, holding his large, dark gray and white Husky in his arms. The Husky’s ears are flattened back and his paws are on the man’s shoulders. The picture’s tag reads: OMG Dad kill it. I swear it was as big as my head! I hate spiders!

Super cute! Tha
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Aug 05, 2014 Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion rated it really liked it
Recommended to Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion by: Shelby
4.5 Stars

Welcome to the land of snark & wit!

I laughed so hard at one point, I noticed I was clapping. Clapping! WTF? Captain Lame, I am.

Husky shifters… Wha??? I guess I shouldn't be surprised after True Blood made shifters of everyone & everything.

A most enjoyable read, this was. It's my first experience with this author but it certainly won't be the last.

All the MCs are hysterical. Robbie, the son, is a cheeky, manipulative little monster but oh so adorable. Something for everyone-husk
Mandy*reads obsessively*
This is one of the LHNB stories and the picture prompt of a man holding/hugging a husky was really cute.

The prologue was interesting and set up for what I first thought would be a darker and more intense story about the shifter society.
Then the first chapter came and it was cute and funny and light hearted.
Trip is a goof and funny and a great dad, Robbie, his son, is way too smart for his own good, he has that whole group of guys and his mom totally under his control.
After the mutant alien spid
Sheri
Apr 26, 2015 Sheri rated it really liked it
Ridiculously silly and tons of fun.
Interesting clan dynamics but the abundance of characters was confusing.
I tend to prefer a little bit more when it comes to shifting in my shifter stories (guess I have come to recognize there are different categories of shifter books...this one falls in the *boom* category, but I suppose I can't compare all shifters to my favorite in the genre)

I really liked Boone. Trip was great too, but Boone sealed the deal for me.
The pup was...a bit much a times, but he ma
Catherine
I enjoyed the heck outta this story. It was way funnier than I was expecting it to be, providing me with more than a few laugh out loud moments. It was also sweet, sexy, and original. Most of all, I loved the dynamics between the main characters, Trip and Boone, and the secondary characters Robbie, Deacon, Brook, and Hunter. They were different, but they meshed so well together and that sense of camaraderie and easy joy between them really made this story for me.

However, I do agree with some of
Cory
Apr 25, 2015 Cory rated it really liked it
I love shifters! I love Charlie Cochet! I love books from Charlie Cochet about shifters!

This was just too cute for words. Sigh...Boone and Trip...very sexy!

I can't wait for more on Hunter!
Shelby
Love, love, loved this book! The characters captured me from the first, I mean Robbie is just so adorable. And who can't love a group of men unable to deal with alien spiders and their freakishness? First book I've read by this author and I'm so glad I did. I will check out her other works.. Can't wait to read more in this series in particular.

Trip was born to be the alpha of his pack, a pack rife with history and one that holds to all the old ways. But when he found his mate at 15 he knew that
Mitticus
3.5

Huskies shapeshifters? oookay.
Cute and funny.
Lost me at the end.

Btw ... spiders are the doom of alphas XD

(Art by www.tanidareal.com)
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
Sep 22, 2013 Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog by: M/M Romance Group
~ ~ ~

An early release from the 2013 M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries Event.

Oh this was a great bit of fun and humor and romance and sexiness. I think this was actually my first M/M Shifter read and I completely enjoyed it.

Treat yourself to this one, and I'm pretty sure you'll be checking for Charlie Cochet's follow-up just like me.

~ ~ ~

Take a look at my Male/Male Romance Book Blog:

Shannon
Jan 09, 2014 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Shannon by: Shelby
Shelves: cover-color-blue
Great beginning to a book. Too freaking funny...a spider. This was unbelievable good especially considering it was a free read. I want Robbie! Now we just have to wait for the next book which better be Hunter's story. Just sayin'.
Silkeeeeee
THere is very little I can say bad about this book. It's funny, sexy, and fulfilling. The problems are overcome and the bastards put in their place. Well written.
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
I totally loved this. Sweet sexy funny all rolled into one
Gina
May 04, 2015 Gina rated it really liked it
I loved Trip and Boone! this was fun and cute and i loved the kid.
Ariadna
May 15, 2016 Ariadna rated it it was ok
Actual rating is 1.8

As the Alpha's firstborn, Trip is supposed to produce an heir. Since he's gay, he's more than happy to let his younger brother take on that honor. However, once it becomes obvious that his brother is sterile, Trip resigns himself to fulfill his duty. Seven years later, he's co-parenting his son with his ex-wife while trying to work around the fact that he will never be able to bond with his true mate. Pack law states that no pure blooded Huskie shifter can ever be a half-bree
Eli Easton
Jun 02, 2013 Eli Easton rated it really liked it
The writing in this story is excellent. There are many laugh-out-loud lines throughout (I love humor in romance). I enjoyed the story-building around mating vs true mates, metamorphosis, etc. I'm impressed by the author and will look for more of her work.

The only reason it's not a 5 star for me is 1) I'm not that into shifter/paranormal books. I read this story as part of the LHNB event. Obviously that is not the fault of the author since the blurb makes it clear it's a shifter book. and 2) It f
K
May 06, 2015 K rated it really liked it
Shelves: dritc, shifters
Re-reading 6.5.15 before reading book 2

LNHB story for the M/M Romance group
Really nice shifter story with a lot of humour, a like-able smart mouthed child and the excellent fugly mutant spiders!

(minor niggle from pedantic dog owner who gets hung up on silly little points..... I think the picture is an Alaskan Malamute not a husky.... not that really matters!)
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
If you like Big bad boys,who fear no one,can kill in a blink but putty in hands of a seven-year-old
with a puppy dog eyes, squirm seeing a big spider.This book is for you.
Short, sweet fun read with characters you will fall in love at the first scene.Yum
Tiya Rosa
Jun 11, 2013 Tiya Rosa rated it liked it

I was gonna give this four stars because smart-ass kids subtly insulting adults and grown men afraid of spiders deserve nothing less, but the sheer number of characters (some of them obviously possible MCs in future books) almost drowned me so gotta cut a half star short.

Also, as much as I like some humor mixed in with my 'succumbing to blinding passion' scenes, I still would like my MCs to take it a bit seriously and not go on a pissing contest on who can spout the sassiest one-liner.
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Well, I enjoyed the hell outa this story. Cochet's typical ease with humor, charm and heart are all here.

Trip and Boone have become a new fave couple and are quite formidable as such. They may be big, not at all bad shifters, but they are also very tender, sweet, caring and have the major hots for each other. Actually, that's shortchanging them, they've been in love for twenty years. Let's just say, there's a lot going on here.

Speaking of which, holy character map, batman, there be a lot of 'em
Susan
Oct 22, 2015 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters, mm
There were some very nice parts in this. Very funny.

But unfortunately the story was way too complicated for such a short book.

description

The basics: Trip is a husky shifter, with a 7 year old son. He has known his true mate is one of the enforcers of the pack, Boone, since he was 15. They can’t be together because of some old stories that the alpha (Trip is the son of the current alpha) can never mate with an enforcer. Honestly, I still don’t get that part.

What bothered me most was that Trip and Boone wer
Mary
1st. read: 5/26/13

The photo was just LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY, and the prompt definitely piqued my interest (awesome Nikyta!), then I found out it was by Charlie Cochet...I had to read this immediately.

Lately, men with children and family themed stories are at the forefront of my reading picks, and there are many of which I have fallen in love with. This story-which is going to be the start of a series (YAY!)-is at the top of the list.

Romance and comedy are the highlight of the story for me, the st
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Oct 23, 2013 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Laura
This was an incredible story! And it's free! I really enjoyed this tale of husky shifters with it's sexy MCs, Boone and Trip, and it's adorable "pup", Robbie.

The story was interesting and engaging, the characters were well developed, and the secondary characters were memorable. So much so, that I will be very bummed out if we don't get Hunter's and Ari's story at some point in the future.

What I liked most about this was the pacing-- the author kept me engaged right from the start, to the point
Yvonne
The start of Love has no Boundaries and this one is very cute about husky shifters.

The humor, well a little much for me but humor is subjective. We're told Trip is an alpha but mostly he acts like an overgrown puppy. And he's a got little one of his own, Robbie, who runs circles around him. It made me want to say shape up, you're his dad not his buddy. The whole lot of them were so undisciplined I'd probably have sent them all to obedience school.

There's quite a lot of characters for a short s
Lauren
This was such an awesome short story! The opening few scenes were absolutely spot on - funny and cute, and matched the picture and prompt for the story so perfectly. I also loved the flow of the conversation. Robbie was adorable! Some of the things he said had me laughing out loud! I did find myself a little bit confused about all the characters - there were lots of them introduced throughout the story and I found it hard to keep up with who was who at times. Still, I can't wait to read more and ...more
Julia ♥Duncan♥
Oct 09, 2014 Julia ♥Duncan♥ rated it liked it
Recommended to Julia ♥Duncan♥ by: Shelby
Note to self: The beginning of this is hilarious, if you ever need a quick and funny read... come back to this!

So, I don't really like shifters or fated mates... But this was super cute and super funny. I LOLed at the beginning a bunch, and there were great lines throughout. There were a few too many characters for me to keep track of, and the androgynous names didn't make that any easier. I kept reading Brook when it said Boone and vice versa. But overall I liked it, it was a very nice and most
Romance Readers R...: Buddy Read - Feb.- An Intrepid Trip To Love 28 35 Feb 21, 2014 09:37PM
  • Winter Winds
  • The Five Times Raptor Messed With The Bull
  • The Lodestar of Ys
  • The Tail of a Dog
  • BTW I Love You
Charlie Cochet is an author by day and artist by night. Always quick to succumb to the whispers of her wayward muse, no star is out of reach when following her passion. From adventurous agents and sexy shifters, to society gentlemen and hardboiled detectives, there’s bound to be plenty of mischief for her heroes to find themselves in, and plenty of romance, too!

Currently residing in Central Florid
More about Charlie Cochet...

A Little Bite of Love (4 books)
  • The Perfect Valentine's Day
  • Healing Hunter's Heart (A Little Bite of Love, #2)
  • Untitled (A Little Bite of Love #3)