Start by marking “The Goddaughter's Revenge (Gina Gallo, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Goddaughter's Revenge (Gina Gallo, #2)

The Goddaughter's Revenge (Gina Gallo #2)

When jewelry-store owner Gina Gallo and her boyfriend Pete take a week's vacation, she leaves the store in the hands of her cousin from New York. After all, cousin Carmine is a certified gemologist--but Carmine is also in the Mob. When Gina gets back, she discovers that her cousin has spent his time switching real gems for fakes in the jewelry of some of her best ...more
Published October 1st 2013 by Raven Books

To ask other readers questions about The Goddaughter's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Goddaughter's Revenge

Betty
Nov 11, 2013 Betty rated it really liked it
A Rapid Reads book, lots of personality, humour, zany characters and a fun read, short and compact. The action and dialogue is so reminiscent of an old Black and White madcap movie set in modern day I knew immediately I would enjoy it. The characters are all written with their individual quirks intact and ready to go. For Gina Gallow, being a member of a mob "Family" is not always what it's cracked up to be.

Melodie Campbell has an ability to take a storyline by the roots and shake it up with o
Monica
Oct 27, 2013 Monica rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
After Gina gets back from meeting her future in-laws, she discovers her cousin has substituted fake gemstones for real gemstones in a number of prominent clients' rings. Therefore, with the assistance of a couple of friends, she begins a program of breaking and entering to replace the rings.

Quirky and delightful characters fill this story. Concise yet descriptive dialogue and plot narrative help define the characters as well as drive the action.

Overall, a fun read!
Mirta
Jul 25, 2013 Mirta rated it really liked it
A quick and interesting read with a mysterious twist and a side of slapstick comedy! A fun read! M. Espinola
Merley Wheaton
Oct 29, 2016 Merley Wheaton rated it really liked it
A quirky, fun crime story set in Hamilton, Ontario. Easy to read and thoroughly enjoyable.
Liza O'Connor
Jun 25, 2015 Liza O'Connor rated it it was amazing
I read and reviewed the first two books (The Goddaughter and The Goddaughter's Revenge on my blog recently, here's my review of both.

These are action packed, full laugh-loaded books. What makes that so amazing is that they are novellas. I've no clue how Melodie Campbell manage to stuff so much in so few pages. It's like magic. You get the full enjoyment of a novel in an hour's time. I have to think she's got something to hold over Time so it caters to her needs.

Seriously, these novellas have so
Cathy Spencer
Nov 19, 2013 Cathy Spencer rated it really liked it
"The Goddaughter's Revenge" is a category of book I've never read before; it's a rapid read, something between a short story and a novella. Melodie Campbell, the author, teamed with Hamilton Literacy at the book launch to donate all proceeds from the launch's sales to the literacy group, as well as donating a set of books for classroom use. This style of book is particularly good for people learning to read English: it's funny, the pace is brisk, and the language isn't too difficult for ESL ...more
Heather
Nov 27, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
7.5/10

I won this book from Melodie Campbell from a Goodreads giveaway. I am so glad I got the opportunity to read it. The fact that the story took place in Ontario, and a City I know, added a connection to the story that I normally don't get.

I found this book funny and easy to read. It didn't drag out scenes and kept you entertained. I didn't read the first book of this series, but I was not lost in the story at all, which was nice. The light-hearted style of this book was a nice change to the
Mickey
Sep 14, 2016 Mickey rated it really liked it
In this zany little crime caper romp, Gina Gallo is once again in trouble due to her mobbed-up relatives. When she discovers some of her clients' jewelry has been rearranged, the precious stones replaced with cheap replicas, she suspects her own cousin Carmine. Determined to right the wrongs and save the good reputation of her jewelry store, Gina enlists another cousin, Nico, a budding interior designer, as she attempts to return her clients' stolen property. This involves sneaking behind her ...more
Beth Agejew
Nov 04, 2013 Beth Agejew rated it really liked it
Talk about a dysfunctional family! Gina goes on vacation. While she is gone, one of her cousins steps in to run her jewelry store for her. Imagine her surprise and anger when she discovers her cousin has replaced real gemstones in her customer's rings with fakes! Gina develops a plan to commit reverse burglaries to return the real gems and get the fakes back and what ensues is a hilarious comedy of errors and coincidences. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a quick, humorous read. I ...more
Loretta
Oct 09, 2014 Loretta rated it liked it
A easy, fun read! A quirky family of characters that often made me laugh out loud. The author has a great sense of humour with the talent to bring it to the written page to share with the reader. Best of all I live and grew up in "The Hammer" and really enjoyed the references to places, streets,etc that I know. This was my first read by this author thanks to winning a copy of this book via LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Colleen Krcelich
Nov 08, 2013 Colleen Krcelich rated it really liked it
Good book - quick, light read. Finished it in one evening. Great story line about a dysfunctional mob family and the girl who wants to live a normal life! I would love to see her expand the story line and the charachters and do a longer book! I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Janet Evanovich. I am looking forward to reading the first book in the series.
Heather
Oct 09, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: chicklit, fiction
I am glad I won this book from Goodreads First Reads giveaway. This book was so cute. I loved Nico too. It was a very fast read, only 124 pages big font. But I guess that is why they call it Rapid Reads. Either way it was a very enjoyable story. My only thing is that I wish it was a full story. I loved Gina and the family so I would love to read more about them.
Kristina Stanley
May 16, 2014 Kristina Stanley rated it it was amazing
LOL FUNNY.
Stolen jewels, a crazy family, an adventurous and funny protagonist will keep you reading until the end. If you like a good mystery that makes you laugh, this is the book for you. The novel takes place in the Hamilton, Canada area and the descriptions take you there. Enjoy. I certainly did.
Jason Stuckless
Jan 27, 2015 Jason Stuckless rated it really liked it
Ms. Campbell does not disappoint with her follow-up to The Goddaughter. Hilarious with a fun adventure. But most of all, I particularly enjoyed the wacky assortment of family and friends that surround her. A novel for anyone looking for a good way to pass an hour or two with a great laugh.
Dorothy Mcintosh
Nov 26, 2013 Dorothy Mcintosh rated it it was amazing
Gina Gallo is back and in fine form. The author has a real talent for combining humour with suspense. Watching Gina Gallo try to outwit her mob family had me laughing and biting my nails at the same time. Don't miss out on this one!
F.A.
Nov 07, 2013 F.A. rated it liked it
It was a nice read.A short novella about woman who owns a jewelry shop and her cousin stealing from her.She(Gina) made her mission to return the stones back to the customers her cousin stole from and without her letting her mob family know it or her customers as well.
Tammy
May 15, 2016 Tammy rated it really liked it
Gina and Pete are a cute couple and he has to deal with her capers and her family's mob ways. This time Gina has been gone and her cousin Carmine was running the store and made some switches that could make Gina look bad This is the story of how she got that turned around. Always funny.
Gwen
Dec 01, 2013 Gwen rated it it was amazing
A quick and funny read. Being goddaughter to the mob has its advantages, especially when someone messes with your business. Gina and her quirky sidekicks, Tiff and Nico, have to set things right before someone notices and her reputation is ruined. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Jay
Apr 10, 2016 Jay rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Another quick fun read. The Lone Rearranger is my favorite part. So funny! I like that the author can get so much story done in so few words.
Alex
Feb 20, 2016 Alex rated it it was amazing
This second book is probably my favourite of the Goddaughter series as we are introduced to Nico and his zany-ness! All of the Goddaughter books are quick to read and a lot of fun! 5 stars!
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Tonya
Tonya rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2013
Luke
Luke rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2013
Rebecca Haley
Rebecca Haley rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Kesha
Kesha rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2014
Lynda Simmons
Lynda Simmons rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2015
Goldiegolfer
Goldiegolfer rated it it was ok
Dec 07, 2014
Betty
Betty rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Michelle Sisneros
Michelle Sisneros rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Long Gone Man
  • The Book of Stolen Tales (Mesopotamian Trilogy #2)
  • When the Saints Go Marching in: An Adam Saint Novel
  • The Corpse with the Silver Tongue (Cait Morgan #1)
  • Neshoto Junction Homicide (Pepper Bibeau Mysteries, #4)
  • Buffalo Jump (Jonah Geller #1)
  • The King's Jar (A Dani O'Rourke Mystery #2)
  • Upholding the Paw (Paw Enforcement, #2.5)
  • Open Secret (Bern Fortin mystery, #2)
  • Delayed Death (Temptation in Florence #1)
  • The Wandering Soul Murders (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #3)
  • The First Excellence: Fa-Ling's Map
  • Seeing The Light (Marie Jenner Mystery #1)
  • Hungry Ghosts (Inspector Ramírez, #3)
  • Changing Habits: A Short Story (Giulia Driscoll, #0.5)
  • A Mary MacDougall Mystery Duet (Mary MacDougall Mysteries, #1-2)
THE GODDAUGHTER'S REVENGE has won the DERRINGER AWARD and the ARTHUR ELLIS AWARD for Crime Writing!

The Toronto Sun called her Canada's "Queen of Comedy." Library Journal compared her to Janet Evanovich.

Melodie got her start writing comedy so it's no surprise that reviewers and editors have called her fiction "hilarious" and "laugh-out-loud funny". She has over 200 publications, including 40 short
More about Melodie Campbell...

Gina Gallo (5 books)
  • The Goddaughter (Gina Gallo, #1)
  • The Artful Goddaughter (Gina Gallo, #3)
  • The Goddaughter Caper (Gina Gallo #4)
  • The Bootlegger's Goddaughter (Gina Gallo #5)