Start by marking “The Wedding Dress Diaries (The Wedding Season, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Dress Diaries (The Wedding Season, #0.5)

The Wedding Dress Diaries (The Wedding Season 0.5)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  1,317 ratings  ·  113 reviews
Bridal shop owner Amber Davis dreaded the moment she’d run in to Parker Robinson while working on his sister’s wedding. She’d spent every summer in the Hamptons with his family as a kid, fantasizing about kissing him. But she’s shocked to discover that the confident boy who’d given Amber her first taste of love has become a man who mocks its very existence.

Parker can’t bel
Published June 1st 2013 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Dress Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wedding Dress Diaries

Waking Up Married by Mira Lyn KellyMaid of Dishonor by Heidi RiceGirl Least Likely to Marry by Amy AndrewsThe Wedding Dress Diaries by Aimee CarsonThe Unexpected Wedding Guest by Aimee Carson
Harlequin KISS
4th out of 73 books — 35 voters
The Way You Look Tonight by Bella AndreIt Had to Be You by Jill ShalvisWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Best Man by Kristan HigginsWaiting for Love by Marie Force
2013 Contemporary Romance
238th out of 470 books — 864 voters

More lists with this book...

Saly
I enjoyed this short story. The heroine Amber had a mad crush on Parker as a kid and then she sees him again, all grown up and cynical because of his life as a cop and because of his mother but she doesn't give up. I gotta admit the love scene was hot and the handcuffs awesome. And I complain about novellas all the time but this one worked.
Jacob Proffitt
This novella was free, short, and did exactly what it was supposed to do--interest me in the rest of the series. Amber and Parker were great fun and their short-short romance really worked. Carson was able to make this story work so quickly by including a relevant and relatable backstory so the entire relationship didn't have to take place in these scant pages. And her talent drew me in so that I believed both the strength of their emotional connection and their desire to make it work going forw ...more
Nancy Crocker
The Wedding Dress Diaries by Aimee Carson is a prequel novella to the new Harlequin Kiss series, The Wedding Season!

Amber Davis is a Bridal Shop owner working on the wedding of her long time childhood friend Reese. Amber is determined to make sure that Parker Robinson, Reese's half brother attends not only The wedding but a dinner party that his estranged Mother is throwing. Growing up Amber spent her summers with Reese, while wearing her young and tender heart on her sleeve. She had her first c
If I would have realized this was a short story I wouldn't have read it. Unfortunately I feel like most authors try to fit an entire novel into a short story which just doesn't work. I mean this story was unbelievable. After not seeing each other on forever suddenly they have sex and the guy is going to change and work on his issues? Really? really. I just...If it were a full length book it would have worked better, but as it is it was horrible as a short story (unless you just want to read sex ...more
LaFleurBleue
For such a short novella (around 60 pages), it was way better than expected. The whole story was packed around a few encounters along a 2-week period. What makes the story work is that both main characters have known each other since they were kids. Amber had never completely stopped being in love with Parker since then. I really liked how Amber managed to help Parker overcome his childhood resentment and sense of inadequacy. And their kisses contributed to the global warming.
I may well read oth
Sofia Lazaridou
After my endless debate on the rating I said give it 2.5 stars because it wasn't that bad nor that good. A part of the plot was missing and I didn't see the connection between Parker and Amber plus the title doesn't much the story aside from the fact that Amber owns a bridal shop. I am happy that they found their HEA but the book should have been a full length novella. I am intrigued and I want to read the next books.
Jill
I'm reading this for Wendy the Super Librarian ' s 2015 TBR challenge. I'm really excited to be a part of this. In 2014 I whittled down my physical TBR ruthlessly. But my digital TBR pile is huge and I'm finding it a bit overwhelming. I'm hoping this challenge will help.

The January Challenge was "short shorts." Category romance and novellas. I went for both and read a category novella. :-)

I really wanted to like this book and I really wanted to like the Kiss Line in general.

Honestly though,
Tia
I loved the chemistry between these two characters, it was delightful and damn sexy. I'm actually looking forward to the probable series/spin off from this prequel, it's bound to be sizzling.
adrienne member
I could nt put it down
That was....just so good and interesting and amazing and I can't even describe.
Now this was a true really well written romance
3.5 Stars

I had already read the first book in the multi-author Wedding Season series from Mills & Boon's Modern Tempted range so I'd met Amber and Parker before and was curious to read this story to see how they got together. The Wedding Dress Diaries is a quick read but it was a cute story and it makes for a nice introduction to the series.

Parker is the older brother of one of Amber's best friends and she has had a crush on him since she was a young girl. He is five years older though and a
Melissa
I'm not sure what I was expecting when I downloaded this one from amazon, but it wasn't what i got.

Amber isn't your typical character, as I have noticed most of them are blondes. She's a feisty redhead who owns her own bridal shop and has been in love with her best friend's brother since she was 8.

Parker is almost your typical bad boy, though he is a cop; so that is mostly just the image he wants everyone to see.

Amber and Parker see each other for the first time in years at a party for Parker'
Megan
This book is about a young girls crush growing love as an adult. When Amber meets Parker again she immediatly knows it's him. Parker has to think about how he knows Amber- he saved her from drowning. When they were younger, they spent a lot of time together because he had to watch Amber and his younger sister. After family problems Parker is invited to his little sisters wedding, which is being supported by Ambers Wedding Dress shop.

I liked that this book was romantic but not to "lovey". The aut
Fiona Marsden
This is a fairly short novella that does a good job introducing us to "The Wedding Season" series of books. Amber Davis is the wedding planner for Reese Michael's upcoming wedding to Dylan (The Unexpected Wedding Guest). Parker Robinson is the estranged half-brother of the bride. He doesn't want to be a part of a wedding when he doesn't feel a part of the family.

Amber grew up with Reece and always had a bit of a crush on Parker. She also saw him on some of the lowest days of his life and underst
Adrienne
Unimpressed

Unimpressed

This short story really tended to shy away from everything. When Parker would swear it wouldn't be included, that was just a little too clean of a script for me. It was annoying that many scenes were fades and most of all that the intervening two weeks from when they slept together are not remarked upon by. The veep t of either character. Even a few sentences would have done the trick, like saying that
she threw herself into her work but that had the opposite effect keeping
Ann Sheiring
This was a silly short story. I read it on my lunch hour and was disappointed in the lack of any actual reality. She loved him since he and she were kids and suddenly that are in a relationship after one sexual encounter? He had issues that he was ready to face head on after their encounter because it was so profound? It was too sugary for me, I wanted more background on his life as a cop. I know it was a short, but I can't even remember their names,
Jess
Okay, so I liked that this didn't end with any formal coupledom or actual declarations, because it was a novella taking place over a very short time span. THAT SAID, Amber's declaration that she was falling in love with Parker after only having seen him twice after not seeing him for ten plus years was a bit much.

I'm interested in the rest of this series, though. It could be really interesting. Emphasis on could.
Kim
I had a hard time believing this one. The hero/heroine haven't seen each other in over ten years and suddenly after one night of sex they love each other and the hero is going to work on fixing everything that's been emotionally wrong with him since he was 15??

I think the story could have believable had it been longer. This definitely didn't work as a novella. Sad, because it did have potential.
CL (www.loveisastateofmind.net)
3.5*

It has been my experience that it is very hard to find a good novella. It seems a near impossible task to bring a couple together and get them to fall in love in such a short space of time, not to mention making it actually believable. This book made a decent attempt and more importantly achieved its goal of getting me interested in reading the rest of the series.
milo
4 stars

Only if this one's a bit longer, it would make a fine read. I wish I could say more about this book.

Anyways, one thing for sure is that it is a wonderful story. I liked how things are so sweet even though as short as it seems. And Parker, I'm sucker for the likes of him.

Recommended.
Chrissy
It probably isn't ever fair for me to review a romance novel, since I generally detest the genre as a whole, but honestly the Harlequin KISS covers (which I've read are all set to feature stories of potential new love) are so bright and cute that I decided to cave and give one a shot. And, since I have weddings on the brain lately (and should be planning my own, SOON!), THE WEDDING DRESS DIARIES seemed like an okay place to start.

So, in this story we meet Amber and Parker, characters who knew on
Brenda
I remember that this book was a little spicy....and fun. Some surprises. I did fisnish it in one day as i do several books when I've time and am enjoying the time reading.

Here on good reads: Get in the bridal spirit with this prequel novella to the fabulous new Harlequin KISS contemporary romance series, The Wedding Season!

Bridal shop owner Amber Davis dreaded the moment she'd run in to Parker Robinson while working on his sister's wedding. She'd spent every summer in the Hamptons with his famil
Preethi (Time Turning Reads)
**Actual Rating**: 3 stars
**Book Format**: ePub

So this is the prequel to the first book in The Wedding Season series, which is called 'The Unexpected Wedding Guest'. Just so you can get a taste of another of the beautiful Harlequin KISS covers, here it is:

The Unexpected Wedding Guest (The Wedding Season, #1) by Aimee Carson.

So this is a short 60-some page novella. It's really short and sweet and even in the most uncomfortable positions (which for me is under the covers in bed at night) you can finish this book in about half an hour.

The plot starts out with the
Jo (My House of Books)
A free ebook to start off this series. Ms. Carson also wrote the first book of the series, The Unexpected Wedding Guest, as well.

Amber Davis is a childhood friend from the wrong side of the tracks to Reese Michael. Reese is getting married, and Amber is helping her plan and organize the wedding. One of the jobs Reese has tasked Amber with -- though I think Amber actually has decided to take this upon herself -- is to invite Reese's half-brother, Parker, to the wedding. Amber had a crush on Park
Amber Peart Peart
One of the best little novellas I've read! Amber (hello! Heroine with my name) was forward yet ladylike, and Parker was sexy, scarred and smoldering. I would have been happy to read this as a full length book. The mirror scene. Wow.

I got this one last September as a free download, but it's definitely worth the 1.19 it's currently at on Amazon. I'll be reading the rest of the series. (Yay series!)
Andita
I didn't want...

I didn't want...

to give this story a three star rating because it had more than the average three star rating. You can read this and feel as though you read a complete story with an open ending. I'm sure the story's characters will be in another story but that would be good. I'm looking forward to reading more by this author.
Hsiau Wei
This book tells the story of Amber, a bridal shop owner who is designing the wedding gown for Parker’s sister. She has a huge crush over Parker in her teen. Though she convinced herself it is her adolescent crush, she found her feeling for Parker is as strong as ever. Parker is having internal conflict with himself. He always felt that he is not a wanted child from a conversation he heard and he distant himself from the family. When Parker realised that Amber is indeed have feeling for him, he d ...more
Tarsha Woods
This book sets you up for The Wedding Series that's a four part on four friends restoring their friendship and finding love. Reece with the help of her friend Amber starts out rebuilding her relationship with her brother with the aid of Amber who had an crush since childhood. Great short stories from Kiss Collection
Kathy
A beautiful, sexy short read. I loved the play between male and female in this book. I couldn't put it down and read it in about an hour. I love a broken hero and I loved the way Amber reached through all his barriers. Very romantic, touching and sensual.
Topcatsmom
Really enjoyed this read..

Really enjoyed this read..

easy delightful read, leaving you with happy feelings! not an I'll in-depth book, but one which st as its the starts the series r ok right
Tali
I really liked this novella which is set before the rest of the Wedding Season Modern Tempted books. Amber and Parker had good chemistry and I loved the description of their history together with Amber being the reluctant Parker's childhood stalker. I can't decide whether I liked the story and the beginning of their relationship as it is, or if I wanted this story to be longer and show more of how their relationship develops. All in all, this is a short and sweet introduction to the series and i ...more
Goodreads Librari...: cover needed for kindle ed 3 14 Jun 01, 2013 10:39AM
  • Girl Least Likely to Marry (The Wedding Season, #2)
  • Maid of Dishonor (The Wedding Season, #3)
  • Last Groom Standing (The Wedding Season, #4)
  • Must Like Kids
  • Uncovering the Correttis (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #0.5)
  • The Right Mr. Wrong (Modern Tempted)
  • Faking It to Making It
  • Light This Candle
  • Her Deal with the Devil
  • Her Man in Manhattan
  • The Guy to Be Seen With
  • Just Joe (Harlequin More Than Words)
  • A Very Tempting Texan (Texas Cattleman’s Club: A Missing Mogul, #1)
  • My Boyfriend and Other Enemies
  • Backstage with Her Ex
  • What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)
  • Her Favorite Temptation (Mathews Sisters, #1)
  • Summer Lovin' (Seasons of Love #1)

The Wedding Season (4 books)
  • The Unexpected Wedding Guest (The Wedding Season, #1)
  • Girl Least Likely to Marry (The Wedding Season, #2)
  • Maid of Dishonor (The Wedding Season, #3)
  • Last Groom Standing (The Wedding Season, #4)
The Unexpected Wedding Guest (The Wedding Season, #1) First Time for Everything Secret History of a Good Girl 'Tis the Season to be Tempted How To Win The Dating War (Modern)