Start by marking “The Tiger Lily” as Want to Read:
The Tiger Lily

The Tiger Lily (Louisiana #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  356 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Passion of Their Fury Was the Splendor of Their Love...
As her golden auburn hair fell luxuriantly about Sabrina's flawlessly beautiful shoulders, Brett Dangermond was lost in the desire of the moment. And Sabrina, who had adored him as a girl, was left trembling with confusion and fear, and a longing only love can know. But love her he would not, though he took her inn...more
Mass Market Paperback, 452 pages
Published February 1985 by Avon Books (first published January 1st 1985)

Laura James
(1.5 Stars) I'm shocked by all of the positive reviews on this one. Usually I prefer the 80s and early 90s books to today's offerings but this one missed the mark. First of all it was way too LONG. I have no problem with long books but this one dragged on and on unnecessarily. By the time it was over I was so sick of both characters trust issues and misunderstandings that I began skipping and skimming pages. Definitely not on my keeper list.
Mary Elizabeth Fricke
Read the book when it was published. It was one of my mother's favorites but beyond that I can only remember that I read it
Siska
how lame... how can a man sleep with another woman to forget his desire with yet the other woman. that guy is a coward, can not deal with his own feeling and afraid to be rejected. who wants to be with a man like that? well not me.
as if the story not already so lame. now the heroin.... she was almost being rape by her cousin which she didnot like either. her dress being torn and yank by the raper and than the hero came and think the raper and her is going to make love... are you blind?
the worst...more
Tifa
This was the first historical romance novel I read, hehe
Nova
2-3 bintang..

Agak cape baca kisah cinta Sabrina dan Brett di buku ini. 17 tahun dihabiskan dengan kebohongan,prasangka buruk, asumsi, saling menyakiti dan akhirnya happily ever after..hadeeuh -.-

Julie
I loved this book could not put down
Russell
Well, I give this a 5. Probably to high but the story left me breathless. It dragged on and on and may be a bit too long for others. Also, the trust and misunderstanding issues between the characters will bore you. They love each other but let's the misunderstanding guide the better part of their judgement. I'll still give a high rating because at the end, you'll feel that you've known them all your life. Still a very good read.
KatieV
I haven't read this in 20 years, but I remember really liking it at the time. However, I don't know if it would hold up to a re-read. I am having problems finding a copy, unfortunately. Busbee's books need to be released in e-form.
L.
Jun 03, 2013 L. added it
Like another reviewer said, I know I read this (I recognize the cover and I went through a Shirlee Busbee spell) but for the life of me I can't remember what the story was actually about.
Ashley
Definitely read this in middle school. It was probably formative. Whoops.
Sabrina Darby
The first romance novel I ever read!
Terri
great story read 2xs
Dendera
Dendera marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
A.e.powell
A.e.powell marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
  • Wild Bells to the Wild Sky
  • The Black Swan
  • No Gentle Love
  • Angel in Scarlet
  • Magic Embrace
  • Royal Seduction (Royal, #1)
  • The Copeland Bride
  • The Taming (Cameron, #1)
  • Sweet Savage Eden (Cameron Family Saga #1)
  • Savage Surrender
  • Dark Fires (Morgan-Challenger, #2)
  • Enchantress
Shirlee Elaine was born 9 August 1941 in San Jose, California, USA. She was the first daughter of a career naval officer, later she had two sisters and three brothers, they raised traveling the world. She went to the institute in Kentri, Morocco, after which she returned to California and she went to Burbank Bussines College of Santa Rosa, where she received a certificate in 1962.

Shirlee married w...more
More about Shirlee Busbee...
Lady Vixen Deceive Not My Heart Gypsy Lady While Passion Sleeps Scandal Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #1)