Start by marking “Deceiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deceiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #2)

Deceiving Lies (Forgiving Lies #2)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  5,366 ratings  ·  490 reviews
The irresistible, blazing-hot sequel to New York Times bestselling author Molly McAdams's Forgiving Lies.

Rachel is supposed to be planning her wedding to Kash, the love of her life. After the crazy year they've had, she's ready to settle down and live a completely normal life. Well, as normal as it can be. But there's something else waiting—something threatening to tear th
Published March 4th 2014 by William Morrow Paperbacks

Maybe Someday by Colleen HooverArcher's Voice by Mia SheridanBreakable by Tammara WebberTwisted by Emma ChaseBefore Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young
2014 Romantic Releases (Jan-May)
62nd out of 698 books — 2,557 voters
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassRaw by Belle Aurora
Best books of 2014
122nd out of 3,050 books — 5,466 voters

More lists with this book...

Brandi Dalton
If you don't like a author or their books why read their books. I love Molly Mcadams and her writing I'm not sure why ppl leave hateful reviews if you haven't even read the book. My lord ppl authors are ppl to. Did your mommy not hug you enough growing up as a child??? If you don't like the book hey leave your opinion but y'all are bitter hateful ppl for NO REASON. Y'all are BULLYS AND it's sad to see adults act the way you do.

I enjoyed the book
Patrycja

Title: Deceiving Lies
Series: Yes. Forgiving Lies #2
Author: Molly McAdams
Additional info: (read on your own risk) (view spoiler)
Release Date: March 4th, 2014
Rating: 2 stars
Cliffhanger: No.
HEA: (view spoiler)

I’m so disappointed Deceiving Lies went this route, I want to pick my hair out and stab myslef in eye sockets. I know, I probably sound overdramatic but how could one story went from
Ade
May 12, 2013 Ade marked it as because-i-have-no-self-control
*sigh* Just when you think that it's over, she pops right back up with a new book... Almost like herpes. I should probably spare myself the headache and avoid this book, but we all know that I'm not good at that (:
Joyce
Well what can I say?? I love it!!! Rachel is really strong, smart and brave girl, after what happened to her with Blake a year ago and being kidnapped next is really traumatic. I like her character and Kash is so territorial, alpha, hot man who is really in love with Rachel. This story is really epic!
What happened to Trent? I want to know is he going to have a stand alone book?
Who is Mason's girlfriend?? I hope Candice and Mason will be together at the end.
Nemo
I'm a huge sucker for Molly McAdams books, especially Rachel and Kash. She has the perfect mix of Romance, drama, and comedy. Usually 2nd books in a series are not as good as the first and sadly that's true about Deceiving Lies. That doesn't mean it still wasn't amazing!

Kash and Rachel finally have a chance at a normal life after everything that happened with Blake in Texas. Rachel meets Kash's parents and family (in the most hilarious way) and they even start planning a wedding! You would think
Ashley Lenderman

Okay so we were left with the big cliff hanger at the end of Forgiving Lies. Before the book picked up where it left off it went back a little bit to give you insight how it all went down once Rachel moved to Tampa.
I'm so glad it did because there was some comical moments when Rachel met Kash's parents and moving in with him and his proposal!

So the sweetness is shortly lived because we are brought up to speed where Rachel is taken.
We meet her captor Trent (who she calls Taylor bc he looks l
Mitchii
When I started this, I expected to hop into where it ended in Forgiving Lies. Glad that it took me back to the events prior to the cliffhanger in the first book. I really thought it was the obsessed guy, Blake (how he managed to keep himself alive? Not sure. But he was my number one suspect and I didn’t bother to hypothesize on the how’s) but it turned he wasn’t and it was part of Kash's job.

Rachel was kidnapped and Kash was doing all he can to save his fiancée. And while Rachel was abducted, sh
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Heart pounding thriller that leaves you breathless and full of emotion. I can’t stress enough how much I love Molly McAdams and this story is her at the top of her game!!!!

Opening Sentence: I nervously flipped my long hair over my shoulders and smoothed my hands down my shirt a few times as I took deep breaths in and out.

The Review:

Rachel survived a serial killer and she has finally found her way back to Kash, the love of her life. They are
Keisha Schmidt
*spoilers*
loved this book. Molly never disappoints. I loved Deceiving Lies more than Forgiving Lies. It was more suspenseful kept me wanting to read it and never wanting to put it down.
I know I should have probably disliked him but I loved Trent aka Taylor. He wanted to save her and hated his life in the gang Rachel's lucky he was there and was looking out for her. The shower scene with him though..funny. Not going to lie but I thought Molly would send us on another love triangle book when I was
Gaby
LOVE IT !!
Amber
4 1/2 stars...Ahhh, I loved this book. I kept seeing all of the different ways this story could go, and I was afraid of most of them, but what actually happened I was really happy with.

At first I was a little taken aback with the way this book started. I mean, the cliffhanger we were left with from the first installment was CRAZY intense! So when this one started out giving us some more back story before she is taken, I was surprised. I liked what it gave us though and actually was a catalyst f
Holly
***I received a galley paperback from the publisher for review***

Oh sweet baby Jesus my heart! I'm still feeling my jumbled mix of anguish, heartache, and pure happiness. My emotions were all over the place with this one, I love that I can always count on Molly to toss me through the emotional wringer. She can shatter my heart like a sledge hammer then gently pick up each shard and delicately put it back together.

Ok. So at the end of Forgiving Lies we find out what will happen here, however, we
Cocktails and Books
(view spoiler) ...more
Jacqueline
After Forgiving Lies dumbfounded me with that cliffhanger, I couldn't pick up this sequel fast enough.

Coming straight from the goosebump-inducing and swooningly-hot first book, I was not prepared for the darkness in this sequel, nor how much of the story it took up. It was gritty, brutal and dark for a long time to the point where I was beginning to fear this story wasn't for me:

“This doesn't seem real; this is something you see in movies, and on TV shows. It's something you read about in the ne
Danielle Schneider

I received a physical copy of this book from the publishers for participation in a blog tour and in exchange for an honest review.

When I finished Forgiving Lies it left off on such a cliffhanger. Rachel had been kidnapped and Kash had just rushed home to find that she was missing and that it was the old gang that had put a hit out on him and his partner that was behind it. Kash is beside himself with anguish over losing Rachel and my heart bled for him. I was desperate to get my hands on the
Niccisbookblog higginson
After the cliffhanger left by Forgiving lies i couldnt wait to get my hands on Deceiving lies, and let me tell you i was not disappointed at all.

This book will turn you and twist you and throw you completely into the dark end of misery more than once. Then you will be as heart broken as the characters, and in the next breath be smiling at the out come, i totally loved this story.

Rachel was kidnapped and Kash was doing all he can to save his fiancé along with his partner Mason.
The pain and emoti
The Little Black Book Blog
This review was posted to The Little Black Book Blog: http://littleblackbookbloggers.blogsp...

*** WARNING: If you have not yet read Forgiving Lies (Book 1), I advise you to STOP and read it before continuing because this review may contain spoilers! ***

I am going to preface this review saying that for me, Forgiving Lies was such a good book that I did not feel the need for more. I felt like the ending to the book was perfect and although I fell in love with Rachel and Kash, I was satisfied, deli
Kady
Okaaaay...so that was not what I expected...but I LIKED it! So this book starts before the epilogue of book 1 and leads up to Rachel's kidnapping (we already know this from the end of Book 1). Not much can be said without spoiling everything. But here's a hint...
Taylor lautner photo: Taylor Lautner taylor-lautner-rolling-stoner-w.png
No, that's not Kash. It's her hot, Latino kidnapper who looks like Taylor Lautner! Everyone knows I automatically give an extra star to my rating if the book has a little Stockholm Syndrome it it!!!

Don't worry, we get plenty about Kash
Allison
5 Deceiving Stars

We were left with a huge cliffhanger from forgiving lies, We already know from Forgiving Lies that nothing comes easy for Rachel but once her and Kash realize they cannot be without each other, Rachel moves to Florida to be with him, they are engaged and she is meeting his family. Kash and his partner Mason's past job comes back to haunt him, will he be able to stay focused and do what he needs save his kidnapped fiancee or will he fail and lose Rachel for good?

“I felt like I
Candace Fleming
****Spoiler Alert….tons of spoilers ahead****
Deceiving Lies is the sequel the Molly McAdam's Forgiving Lies. I couldn't wait to see where this story was going to go after the cliffhanger ending. Kash and Rachel went through a whole hell of a lot and came out on the other side in Forgiving Lies. I couldn't really imagine Rachel being kidnapped in this book and how her and Kash's relationship would survive it.

The difficult part of this book is the long section where Kash and Rachel are physically
Shelley
I should preface this book by saying I am a huge Molly McAdams fan and really liked Forgiving Lies so I was excited when this follow up book was released. If you have not read Forgiving Lies you need to read that one first or you will be lost in this one.

I was really curious how this book would go because the ending of Forgiving Lies really surprised me, well this did not disappoint.

Nash and Rachel are beginning their lives together when Rachel is kidnapped out of their home by one of the Gangs
Misha
Rachel and Kash's love story touched my heart in Forgiving Lies, and I was looking forward to seeing their story continue in Deceiving. The interesting thing about this second installment is that while Rachel is the one supposedly in danger, it was Kash I ached for while reading. I couldn't even imagine going through the agony and devastation of that situation, and when he broke down I broke down as well. Yet through it all he was strong and so committed to Rachel. His love for her warmed my hea ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
I have looked at some of the reviews and some of the posts on FB, and I am so confused as to why there is negativity about this book. I loved it!

This is the sequel to Forgiving Lies. I loved that Molly didn't just pick up where the epilogue of the 1st book left us. She went back to prior events over the few weeks/months or so leading up to the kidnapping. As much as I much as I hate love triangles, I loved that Taylor/Trent had a voice in this book as well as Kash and Rachael. I loved reading hi
Shannon
Deceiving Lies

The Characters

Rachel Masters
Logan Kash Ryan
Trent “Taylor” Cruz

The Story

This story was really good. Very layered. Rachel and “Taylor’s” relationship really surprised me. I still think Rachel needs to take some self defense classes.

The epilogue was EPIC! I loved every part of it.

The Random Thoughts

“Taylor” was a 24 year old, likely Latino guy, WHY did his narrator sound like a 40 year old white guy?

4 Stars
Theresa Alberts
Loved this book just as much as the first in the series! I enjoyed how even though the last one ended in a cliff hanger this one picked up slightly before to give a whole different perspective on what was going on. I was anxious the whole time reading wondering if this was the end of Kash & Rachel and wondering what would happen with their relationship. Molly McAdams gave her readers the perfect blend of excitement, drama and love!
Paige
Holy s**t! Even though you get a small insight in the first book on whats gonna happen in this, the whole situation had me holding my breath! After everything Rachel went through in the first one, my heart broke that yet again she was a victim. I was anxious through out the whole scenario because I did not want anything bad to happen to her! I was constantly on edge. Never a dull moment with this story. And Kash omg my heart broke for him too! The feeling of helplessness is not an easy one to co ...more
Roxana
Wow... I love the ending that we get with this.
Molly McAdams, again, you do NOT disappoint me! AGGHHH... I still can't seem to find the words that are coursing through my mind even after having finished this books several days ago... I'll get back here later and explain why...
But for now, just know that I absolutely loved this book. Definitely one worth owning!
Carol Blackman
Loved this one, more than the first one...

Waiting for someone like Kash, or maybe just someone who gives me nail polishs!

Sunny
This book is great. Had a great time reading it and enjoyed a few laughs. I didn't like candy for some reason but I loved every other character (except for the bad guy) kash is such a great and thoughtful guy and pulled unexpected tricks up his sleeve and mason seems like a really good person I would want to be friends with. Both are loyal and I'm glad for them to be in the book. I can't wait to see how the story is going to progress further into the next book! Love it already from the excerpt a ...more
The Book Avenue

I’m really torn writing this review. I just finished reading this book. I wasn’t expecting the story to go as it did. That is what I love about Molly McAdams. She doesn’t write the expected, she writes outside the box. She is one of the only authors I know that can rip your heart out with her words and have you still want more.
I was so scared to start this one, I was dreading the (Molly) as I call it. You know, what she did in Taking Chances. Thankfully that did not happen, but the emotional rol

Goodread Bookreads: Molly McAdams 1 2 Aug 30, 2014 05:16PM
I CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO HIT SHELVES!! 2 24 Apr 16, 2014 07:37PM
Bonus Scene 2 45 Mar 11, 2014 06:15AM
  • Pieces for You (For You, #2)
  • Tipsy (Take It Off, #5)
  • Toxic (Ruin, #2)
  • Love (Crush, #3)
  • Euphoria (Book Boyfriend, #3)
  • When We Met
  • Nash (Marked Men, #4)
  • Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5)
  • Nova and Quinton: No Regrets (Nova, #3)
  • Tainted (Torn, #3)
  • Burn (Spark, #2)
  • Losing It Series Boxed Set
  • Some like It Wild (The Wild Ones, #2)
  • A Song for Us (White Trash Trilogy, #3)
  • The Sweetest Game (The Perfect Game, #3)
  • Room for Just a Little Bit More (Cranberry Inn, #2.5)
  • Perfect Kind of Trouble (Finding Fate, #2)
  • Cherished (Wanted, #4)
Molly grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband and furry four-legged daughters. When she's not diving into the world of her characters, some of her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and long walks on the beach … which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. She has a weakness for crude-humore ...more
More about Molly McAdams...

Forgiving Lies (3 books)
  • Forgiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #1)
  • Changing Everything (Forgiving Lies, #2.5)
Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) From Ashes (From Ashes, #1) Stealing Harper (Taking Chances, #1.5) Forgiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #1) Needing Her (From Ashes, #1.5)

“There are things I'm not strong enough to go without, and I intend to fight for them.” 9 likes
“Funny how things like that can change when you're in these kind of situations. Kash usually drove me crazy. He was so stubborn, and such a smart-ass, but I missed those annoying traits so much. I missed the way our personalities clashed and resulted in us fighting; I would give anything to fight with Kash again. The thought of having children with him used to terrify me, and now I was afraid I'd never get to have that opportunity. And I hated the nickname Sour Patch so damn much, but I would never complain about it again if it meant hearing Kash's voice.” 6 likes