Start by marking “If Forever Comes (Take This Regret, #2)” as Want to Read:
If Forever Comes (Take This Regret, #2)

If Forever Comes (Take This Regret #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  5,567 ratings  ·  637 reviews
If Forever Comes, the final chapter in the New York Times Bestselling The Regret Series

Christian Davison’s life is complete. With a ring on Elizabeth’s finger and his daughter at his side, he’s ready to run headlong into their future.

Elizabeth Ayers never believed she would again find this kind of joy—the joy of a family and the wholeness found in the touch of the man sh
Published September 20th 2013 (first published September 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about If Forever Comes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If Forever Comes

The Edge of Always by J.A. RedmerskiMine by Katy EvansSimple Perfection by Abbi GlinesKing Hall by Scarlett DawnThe Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
Fall 2013 New Adult releases
17th out of 176 books — 651 voters
The Edge of Always by J.A. RedmerskiLosing Hope by Colleen HooverEntwined with You by Sylvia DayThe Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
OMFG... CAN'T FREAKIN WAIT!!!
111th out of 471 books — 1,087 voters

More lists with this book...

Aestas Book Blog

** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED **

If Forever Comes tells the conclusion to one of the most beautifully written and emotionally charged romances I've ever read!! AL Jackson writing is simply exquisite!I love these characters so much and seeing their story and their love come full circle was an incredible experience.

Please note: this isnot a standalone and should only be read afterTake This Regret.

I will admit though that I started this book with a mix of excitement, anticipation and fear. These charact
A.L. Jackson
Sep 20, 2013 A.L. Jackson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: one-of-mine
This is it...so sad to let these characters go. Hope you enjoy their story as much as I have! ~ Amy
Cindy
This book pretty much ruined the series for me and made me rethink the rating I gave Take This Regret.

My problems? Oh, there were many.

This is an edited review because I finished reading this at 3AM a few nights ago and I was so angry and disgruntled that if I had tried to write a review then it would have been a mess. So I took the time to get my mind right so I could really tell you all why this book - which so many people are giving 5 Stars, is only getting 2 Stars from me.

First I'd like to
Anna

I will stand by you forever
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥
This book should come with a WARNING!!!

Be prepared for...

and then lots of....

And....

And...

And...

Then finally......

And then......

Yes... lots of ugly gross sobbing happens..lots. Be prepared. Have Kleenex and time because you won't want to be interrupted for anything until you see this one through to the end....so be prepared. Even though this book tore me apart.. I loved it...
SanO
5+++ STARS!

It was Torture, It was Beautiful.
This is another grippingly addictive continuation of Christian & Elizabeth’s utterly RAW story.

Yes this was me while reading. And yup, you will too.

The talons in this read just claw at you. I am still reeling at the details and underlying beauty of this highly emotional book.

Amy is back with a vengeance! I have always claimed her as the Queen of Angst but let me tell you, she is also the Queen of Flashbacks

There is an alternating Christian/ Eliz
Annie Brewer
WHAT? Amy, you're giving us a sequel?! Seriously?! Really?! OMG! We get more Christian and Elizabeth?! And baby girl Christian?! Really?! Am I seeing things?????? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I love you Amy! You know I've loved you since we started a wonderful friendship sometime ago. But you've made me sooooo happy!!!!! TTR was one of my favorite gut-wrenching books I've ever had the pleasure of reading from you!!!! Thank you!! Thank you! Thank you! I can't wait for this book!!!! I can't wait! Omg! I wanna ...more
Annette Dellosa

This has been an amazing.. although heartbreaking, but nonetheless, amazing read. My only regret? Thinking I was ready to read such story without a box of tissues on my side. I was literally crying. Not the sob-filled crying type, but the silent-falling-tears crying type. Now let me explain the 4-star rating. I wanted more of the sweet moments between Christian, Elizabeth and Lizzie. To me, those little moments here were overshadowed by a lot of grief. I couldn't get enough of them. I couldn't s
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

This is one of my favorite series and even though I didn't love this book as much as the others, doesn't mean that I hated it...

Let me explain: Elizabeth and Christian have been through soooooo much in their relationship and finding their way back to each other.

Now, you wouldn't be reading this review if you haven't read the previous book so you would know what happened.

The love these two share is overwhelming!! When finally they thought they have their chance at their happily ever after- devast
Jennifer Kyle
description

I just LOVE the way A.L. Jackson tells a story. She is truly a gifted writer. No one can write pain, redemption and happiness with the beauty that she does.

This is the third book in the story of Christian and Elizabeth. I was terrified when I saw it listed here on Goodreads. I thought this couple was far off in the sunset with their beautiful daughter Lizzie. Sadly, there was one more tale to tell and this one HURT like hell.

I pretty much guarantee that you will indeed CRY during this read beca
Jessica's Book Review
Read more reviews | Find Me on Facebook

“I love you, Christian. Always. There is nothing that could make me stop loving you. Nothing that could make me stop needing you. You are my start and you are my finish, the once who’s going to be there for everything in between.”

If Forever Comes is the final book in the Take This Regret Series by A.L. Jackson series. If you have not read A.L. Jackson’s books before you MUST! They are the most emotional, adult romance novels I have ever read.

I fell in
Anna Jackson
2 Frustrating Stars!

I was really looking forward to this book, and to the conclusion of these two beautiful characters. I felt that this book was just all to consuming with no light, and I really didn't feel confident in the outcome of these two until I read the epilogue.

The entire book, they are grieving, they are hurting, they are spiteful at times, angry, selfish, the list could go on and on. Also, at times I had a really hard time dealing with Elizabeth's emotions or rather trying to justif
Anna Banana
3.5 stars!

I want to give it 4 stars but I just can't. I liked it but it just didn't capture my attention like the first book. This tends to happen a lot with seuqels to books that didn't really need another book. Don't get me wrong, I was super excited to read more about them and I was one of the many hoping and praying she would write another book but this didn't meet my expectations.

A lot of people loved it, some didn't. I say, give it a chance.
***
There's going to be a second book!!!!! OH MY
Linda

5 Beautiful Forever Stars!

You are my start and you are my finish, the one who's going to be there for everything in between."

This was an achingly beautiful, heart wrenching story. My emotions reading this book were intense. It was painful to read and not without tears in my eyes. But, they made it. Christian, Elizabeth and Lizzie made it. My heart knew they would. The ending was absoltuely beautiful.

If Forever Comes is the final chapter in their story. It has been a long journey for them. I
Livvie
WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW AND FOOL LANGUAGE. MUCH FOOL LANGUAGE.

Title: If forever comes
Author: A.L. Jackson
Rating: 4 stars
Actual rating: 3.5 stars
HEA: (view spoiler)

Let me tell you I've finished this book two hours ago and... I... I still don't know how I feel about it.

photo tumblr_mc2ui62SVt1rn95k2o1_500_zpsb1f2ab4b.gif

The fact is... I fucking loved loved loved loved "Take this regret" because it broke my heart, cracked me open and forced me to feel. From the very beginning, I knew about Christian's faults,
Ya~
Buddy read with Amanda:) Thanks, friend.

I feel this is mostly a rewind of book 1.

In book 1, I can sympathize Elizabeth's bitterness. In this book, I don't get her rationality for blaming Christian on the tragic loss.
Almost everything she did in this story made me roll my eyes. All the sweet talk in the storyline did nothing to calm down my temper tantrum toward this heroine.

Jacqueline's Reads
3 Disappointing Stars

I don’t even know if I want to do a review. This is book 2 of the series and there will be a minor spoiler from the previous book.

So, Elizabeth and Christian are together, yay right? If that was only so…

There were a lot of elements that I did not like. The ending was the first chapter and the whole book was past and present.

I HATED THAT!

It begins with Christian and Elizabeth not together anymore. We don’t know why, but they have been apart for a few months now.

When I read t
Hailey Hospedales
I do like this author and I absolutely loved Pulled and When We Collide. Sad to say I did not like this. I sulked amazon anxiously waiting it's release only to be greatly disappointed. There is only so much you can make characters go through as a author. Personally I think this is unfair. They already had six years about a hard time getting back together only to have another book full of unnecessary drama. You think with everything that happened to them too grown people with a kid would learn to ...more
Fanny

Cuidado, esta reseña puede tener spoilers!!

If Forever Comes es el segundo libro de la serie Take This Regrets, escrito por A. L. Jackson y continua narrando la historia de Elizabeth y Christian, protagonistas de la saga.
Tenia este libro en mi lista de pendientes desde hacia meses, despues de terminar de leer el primer libro, pero luego lei tantas reseñas que decian lo triste y dramatica que era la historia que decidi aplazar la lectura para otro momento.
Al comenzar la lectura me costo un poco en
Jackie Lane
Let me preface this by saying that I absolutely love all of the A.L. Jackson books that I have read. This one was no exception.

I gave this book 4 stars, but it really should be more like 4.5 stars and I hate that there are no 1/2 stars to give out.

This series is so emotionally charged and this book was too. I loved how the book changed POVs and went between Past and Present. This book was filled with more angst than the other two books and I really wanted more direct contact and tender moments b
Angelina
OMG ITS SO AMAZING!! ..
This book..
I can't put it into words how I feel about this book.
It is heart-breakingly beautiful.

This is me reading the first chapter ..

At first im totally lost in whats happening cause shits gone crazy .. then while reading chapter after chapter ..

MY GOD I WAS CRYING!! Its too heart breaking. At first they letting us know that the happy couple are falling apart.. as you go on you'll see what is really happening and put it all together.. I feel the pain of the charters.
Maggie
I can't put in to words how I feel about this book.
It is heart-breakingly beautiful.

I thought I knew what pain & suffering was when I read Take This Regret. But this just tore me apart. I've never felt so sad from reading. I'm still devastated. And it was prefect.

This was me during the entire book.

Tissue after tissue...

The story was just sooooo real. All the emotions were REAL. I don't know how to put in to words how I felt, but I was there. I felt like I was there in those crucial heart
Kelle

Once again Ms. Jackson's writing is a beautiful work of art!

You looking for something to tug at the ole heart strings? Well this is your book!! I feel like I spent about 90% of it wanting to rip out my own heart because I didn't know how much more of the hurt I could take.

There is no good guy vs. bad guy (ok maybe Logan can be considered a bad guy but even he isn't really that bad), it is about a couple who love so hard and then have to deal with loss that rocks them to their very co
Maria Elisa
Just unnecessary and dragged out drama and elizabeth annoyed the heck out of me. So selfish and immature! She's a horrible mother too! Ughh! This book just about ruined the series for me.

I also hated having to read from the present then back to the past and then present again and so on, knowing that with each chapter you know something bad is going to happen. I already knew what was going to happen a few chapters in so the chapters leading up to it were just fillers that I skimmed over because
Tara Clegg
A.L. Jackson has this incredible ability to rip your heart into shreds and put it back together stronger than before. Christian and Elizabeth have the kind of love you can only dream of; the kind of love that you can feel coming through the pages. I have been a huge fan of theirs from book one and I am going to miss them. If Forever Comes was full of heartbreak, but there was also joy. Above all, it was insanely, intensely romantic and I loved every minute.
Heather
If you read book one, you are going to want to read book two. This series is gut wrenching and heart breaking. A.L. Jackson writes angst and pain like no one else. I felt like it was happening to me. This book delves into some very heavy topics. For those of you who have dealt with a significant loss like this one, this book may be too much. For me, it was heart- breaking but worth it in the end. Sometimes you have to go through the fires of hell to get to your heaven.

Book one ended with Elizabe
TeriLyn
If Forever Comes has left me with conflicted and mixed feelings. After the emotional upheaval and angst that made up Take This Regret, I thought maybe we'd get a little less of that in the second book. The story is told from dual POV's that are juggled between present day and where Take This Regret left off. While I thought the story was again very well written and made me feel everything, I found myself skimming through the middle. I was so upset with Elizabeth and Christian both. Tragedy again ...more
Kim
That's what we were. Both of us. Completely, unbearably lost.

We assumed Christian and Elizabeth got their HEA after Take This Regret. But their challenges were not really over. This one begins with Christian and Elizabeth once again in a bad place.

I'd been so wrapped up in giving her perfection. I hadn't been prepared to hold her up when devastation hit.

The story is told through both Christian and Elizabeth's points of view in present day and flashbacks and we slowly and gradually learn what
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ TrixieTracy Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
A disappointing 2.5 Stars.

When I read Take this regret and lost to you, A.L.Jackson's storytelling broke my heart, what a fabulous writer to be able to write such unremarkable plots and turn them into these compelling, heart wrenching stories.

Unfortunately with this one, I felt like the unremarkable - albeit well written - story had already been spent and to add this element of sadness and drag it out...to the max, really pushed the boundaries of my interest.

How many times is it acceptable to re
Plamena
4 STARS!!

I wasn’t expecting this!!! I wasn't expecting the drama and the pain. The first book was great and it had a definite HEA. So what happened??!! Well...you think you are getting your happy ever after and then life happens. Since the first page I could feel Christian and Elizabeth’s pain. The reason was reveal much later in the book... but still I had a guess from the beginning. It was heart breaking. Be prepared for some serious crying!! However, if you survive the crying you will be rewa
Elizabeth's Age and Name 11 129 Oct 03, 2013 01:19AM
Where do you pre-order this? 2 34 Sep 04, 2013 03:19PM
  • In the Fields
  • Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)
  • Infraction (Breach, #2)
  • Rose
  • Nocturne
  • At Last (Mid Life Love, #2)
  • The Light in the Wound (The Light in the Wound, #1)
  • Time Stands Still (Emi Lost & Found, #2)
  • My Unexpected Forever (The Beaumont Series, #2)
  • Warmth in Ice (Find You in the Dark, #2.5)
  • Running in Place (Mending Hearts, #2)
  • Stubborn Love (I Love You, #2)
  • Falling into Us (Falling, #2)
  • Worth the Fight (Accidentally on Purpose, #3)
  • Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)
  • The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters, #5)
  • A Voice in the Distance (Flynn Laukonen, #2)
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times bestselling author of Take This Regret and Lost to You, as well as other contemporary romance titles, including Pulled, When We Collide, If Forever Comes, Come to Me Quietly, and Come to Me Softly.

She first found a love for writing during her days as a young mother and college student. She filled the journals she carried with short stories and poems used as an em
More about A.L. Jackson...

Take This Regret (2 books)
  • Take This Regret (Take This Regret, #1)
Take This Regret (Take This Regret, #1) Lost to You (Take This Regret, #0.5) Come to Me Quietly (Closer to You, #1) When We Collide Come to Me Softly (Closer to You, #2)

“Maybe a love that flamed so bright could only burn us into the ground.” 11 likes
“Tears resurfaced. I tried to bite them back, but they bled free. And I knew they would fall endless, ceaseless, even when my eyes were dry. Never would I stop grieving her. This love was eternal.” 8 likes