Start by marking “Tug of War (Bloodlines, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tug of War (Bloodlines, #1)

Tug of War (Bloodlines #1)

Impulsive, YES. Irresponsible, SURE. Necessary, PROBABLY. Going to end badly, most likely. Does any of that matter to me, no. I decided that I can't please everyone so this week my only goal is to please me. I’m a selfish cow but I can’t seem to help it. I’m Clara Lord. I own Bloodline’s Tattoo Parlor, have a filthy mouth, no filter and a really strong objection to bossy ...more
Published October 25th 2013 by K. Larsen (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tug of War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tug of War

Hers by Dawn  RobertsonVery Bad Things by Ilsa Madden-MillsConjuring Darkness by Melanie  JamesWhere I Need to Be by Kimberly KnightPrivate Message by Danielle Torella
Best Adult Indie Book Covers
246th out of 647 books — 1,344 voters
The 5th Wave by Rick YanceyGameboard of the Gods by Richelle MeadMind Games by Kiersten WhiteThe Program by Suzanne YoungLet the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
First In Series (2013)
288th out of 1,040 books — 2,342 voters

More lists with this book...

Pam
“I don't want one night, I want all of them.”

Clara
I’m Clara Lord. I own Bloodline’s Tattoo Parlor, have a filthy mouth , no filter, and a really strong objection to bossy idiots, pet names, and wealthy men. You will hate me, love me, or love to hate me, but either way, it doesn’t matter. Everything I touch turns to crap and it’s all my fault.

Dominic
Dominic Napoli is an ass and hot and infuriating and sexy and I think I want him.

Dominic is everything Clara hates and more,
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 26, 2013 Jennifer Kyle rated it liked it
2.75 Stars

I really tried to like this book but by the end I was...

description

This book is on the short side, it is 149 pages on my Nook and is a love triangle. The back and forth bothered me much more than Clara the main character's behavior did. She is definitely a hard main character to like. I’m pretty sarcastic myself, so that side of Clara didn’t bother me as much as her selfish behavior and rotten attitude.

"I decided that I can’t please everyone so this week my only goal is to please me. I’m a se
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
TUG OF WAR was sexy and hilarious. I totally loved author, K. Larsen’s writing style. Throughout the entire book, I was gasping for breath – one minute it was from the insanely hot chemistry the characters shared and the next minute it was from my outrageous fits of laughter. It was excellent entertainment and I didn’t want it to end!

Clara is a total cougar . . .
Cougars? Seriously, since when does thirty-two put you in cougar territory?” I chortle.
“When the boys hitting on you are a decade or
Emma Adams
Aug 21, 2013 Emma Adams rated it it was amazing
Pick up Tug of War when you have a lot of free time because once you're in it, Dominic and Sawyer will suck you into their fight for Clara until you don't know who to root for and therefore just need to have Clara decide for you but even she gets confused and goes back and forth and omg you just need to finish and have Clara choose once and for all. This has all you love from previous K. Larsen books and while Clara is a pain in the butt sometimes she totally reflects the badass, stubborn, full ...more
Sarah - Books to Breathe
Feb 09, 2016 Sarah - Books to Breathe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperbacks
ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review for SMI Bookclub.

I will be the first to admit that I wasn’t sure that to think coming into this book. I read the blurb, and while it intrigued me, I wasn’t hooked. Whew…..was I ever wrong! Imagine this. You are just sitting there, moseying along, minding your own business, then WHAM! Total book punch. Take all your expectations and throw them right out the window. Grab your preconceived notions and prepare to be rocked. This book had dept
Sandie Book Boyfriend Reviews
4/5 hearts

***I received an eARC in exchange for an honest review***

Honestyis the best policy right? or so I have been told repeatedly growing up so I am going to becompletelyand totally honest.

Starting out I have never read any of the authors work. I chat with her on twitter and she's funny and she calls me a hoe and I am ok with that. Of course she had asked me to read her other books and like me I said suuure but then blog tours and life got in the way and I just couldn't.

So I get an email f
Rach Hall
Sep 12, 2013 Rach Hall rated it it was amazing

'Everything turns to crap and its all my fault'

Clara Lord is the owner of Bloodlines tattoo parlour. Straight away you meet this crazy lady. You will love her, hate her, want to punch her, shake her and cuddle her.

Dominic Napoli is a relentless suit wearing, real estate mogul and absolutely gorgeous guy, who is intrigued by Clara.

Sawyer is a hot looking bad boy who isn't really bad at all he's 6ft 2 with muscles tattoos and piercings, did I mention he's gorgeous too? Sawyer loves Clara and yo
Tara BegMeForBETA
Sep 13, 2013 Tara BegMeForBETA rated it it was amazing
I had the absolute pleasure of beta reading Tug of War, and would without doubt, recommend to other people!

I was sucked into and hooked on the crazy live's of Clara, Dom and Sawyer from page one!

Reading Tug of War literally had me all over the place! Going from laughing out loud, to crying, to having butterflies in my tummy, all within a few pages!

Katie's writing is fantastic, and character development spot on!

I went through Tug of War constantly changing my opinion of each of the three main cha
Lustful Literature
Feb 06, 2014 Lustful Literature rated it liked it
**KIM'S REVIEW**

*3.5 Stars*

“You will hate me, love or love to hate me but either way it doesn’t matter. Everything I touch turns to crap and its all my fault.”

Clara has been on the run from her horrible past for years. She’s trying to do what’s best to protect her and her daughter, Allie. She currently owns a tattoo parlor with her best friend, Sawyer, who also happens to live with her. Clara and Sawyer have a friends with benefits type deal. Even though Sawyer wants more but Clara just can’t se
Magic Within the Pages
Oct 23, 2013 Magic Within the Pages rated it it was amazing
Reviewer: Jess (Magic Within the Pages)

For those of you not familiar with my reviews I should let you know I HATE SPOILERS! I won't tell you much about a book because I'm a fan of going into books blind. I'll often avoid reading the blurb or I'll read the blurb, purchase the book, categorise it and then leave it in my library until I can't remember what it's about anymore. It's just way more fun for me that way and I highly recommend it!

Tug of War by K. Larsen is the kind of book that will bring
Booky Ramblings
Jan 03, 2014 Booky Ramblings rated it really liked it
We were given the chance to review this book, didn't know what was thrown at us but once we dive into the book, omg...it was great, just couldn't stop swimming deeper for more. We couldn't reach the shore until the end of the book.

The beginning definitely captures you in and keeps your curious mind going..keeps teasing you as you just want to find out if they get together or not. Feels like the Clara and Dominic are playing mind games with us as well as between them.

Clara is hiding and running
Aimee
This was a recommended read from Book Bub and so I gave it a shot. I didn't care for it.
The main character, Clara is unlikable. She is so clearly a user that it's hard to ever feel bad for her or root for her. The author tries to sell this by constantly having Clara let us know she is selfish and a bitch but she neglects to give us hints of underlying character traits that would give us some empathy for her. I get that her secrets are supposed to do that but I still never liked Clara.
Dom al
Christa
Nov 02, 2013 Christa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's hard to truly live when you are lying to everyone, including yourself. Clara has to lie to save not only herself but her daughter. Clara thinks she is safe living far away from her old life and doing what she loves. Living with her best friend and business partner. Everything is happy, safe, and routine...until Domini Napoli finds her in one of his clubs. That's when her life flipped and the real game of tug of war begins. This story really pulled at my heart so many times and in so many ...more
latybug
Jan 25, 2014 latybug rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free download of this book from Story Cartel, thank you!
I enjoyed this book. I will admit that at first I thought, "Oh man, another 50 Shades/Bared to You knockoff...ridiculously rich guy pursues 'average' girl for crazy sex...blah blah, been there done that." But since I wanted to follow through with my obligation to review the book in exchange for getting it free, I kept on reading. I was glad I did.
Clara is far from naïve, and I both liked her and disliked her. I liked how she wa
For the Love of Books
Nov 04, 2013 For the Love of Books rated it it was amazing
This book is the easiest 5 stars I've given!! This story is about Clara a lost soul who needs healing and to find who she truly is. She has endured so much hurt and pain she doesn't know if she'll ever recover. She has an amazing daughter and a man that loves her but why is that not enough? In her life she is content but she feels like something is missing. When the hot rich Dom walks in her life wanting to fill that void. Clara doesn't have one but two men who adore her but that's still not ...more
Anna
May 27, 2014 Anna rated it it was ok
I was first attracted to this series by a review I saw on a later book in the series. Even though the blurb for this one didn't really "move" me, I thought I would try it.

It moved too slow for my tastes and at times too fast. I didn't hate Clara, I found her childish and annoying. I nearly didn't finish at about 20%, but stuck with it. The book did improve slightly with a twist I didn't anticipate. However, the getting there was at times excruciating. I just couldn't connect with Clara at all. F
R.L. Griffin
So I love K. Larsen. In the middle of reading this I voxed her and told her I Hated CLARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hated her. You can tell its a good book when it elicits an emotion from you like that. This book was an awesome quick read and not your run of the mill romance. The main character is real and flawed, which I love. I mean we all do stupid things, so... Then you hear her story and you feel bad for her, then you hope for her.

I got an ARC because K. Larsen is the bomb and did this review b
Hollie
Not for me

This just was not a read I enjoyed. The relationship between the hero and heroine felt forced from the beginning. They seemed to be crazy about one another but knew little of each other. The cliche like plot didn't help matters. This will not be a series I will recommend or continue.
Dani
Great book. Great characters. Could definitely have been a little longer. Loved the character & plot development, but then seemed rushed at the end.
Wendy
Aug 26, 2013 Wendy rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-blog-tours
Um...Yup!
Nothin like a rebellious woman to keep me on the edge.

Full review to come.
Grace
Dec 17, 2014 Grace rated it really liked it
Ciara was a bit maddening, but at least she owned up to her faults.
Feb 17, 2014 Sarah rated it did not like it
Oh, I had such high hopes for this book - I absolutely loved the intro before Chapter 1:

I'm Clara Lord. I own Bloodlines Tattoo Parlor, have a filthy mouth, no filter, and a really strong objection to bossy idiots, pet names and wealthy men. You will hate me, love me or love to hate me but either way it doesn't matter. Everything I touch turns to crap and it's all my own fault.

Doesn't she sound fun? Tough, insightful, and pessimistic, with an independent streak a mile wide. But that impression w
YaYa
Mar 28, 2014 YaYa rated it really liked it
Took me a long time to read this book but I did it. I'm glad I did because I really enjoyed it. My first impressions were how I wanted to slap Clara with a hammer.

"I'm a bitch, I'm a liar and I'm horribly selfish."

You can say that again. This woman was so confused. I did feel bad for her once I learned the truth but it still gave her no right to make the choices that she did when it came to Sawyer and Dom. Oh yes, the Love Triangle. Caught between the man who's been her shelter and safe house a
Marisa - Cover Me, Darling Book Cover Design and I'll Be Reading book Blog
"Tug of War" is an amazing out-of-the-norm story. If you're looking for an innocent girl, and an easy love story, this isn't it. This is real. It's not easy, it's heartbreaking sometimes, and everything falls into place at others. But it keeps you guessing until the very last second.

Lets look at the characters:

Clara, a doesn't take shit from no one, bad ass, opinionated chick, who has an interesting life, and a devastating secret, who I completely adore because in many ways she mirrors myself.
Angela Cruz
Apr 17, 2014 Angela Cruz rated it it was amazing
This is a contemporary-romantic-suspense book, first in the series The Bloodlines. It could be read as a stand alone, but I recommend the second book Objective and I will read the rest of the series when published. This does have some sexual scenes so I would say adults only. This book has so many twists and turns, you never know what will happen next, an exciting read for sure. I was caught up in so many emotions, it captured me from page one. I love stories about women with backbone, ones whom ...more
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Jan 21, 2015 Danielle from Short and Sassy rated it really liked it

K.Larsen knows how to write a story that will suck you in from the first few pages... I am not kidding when I tell you, I started this book first thing in the morning and finished before I went to bed. I did not want to put this one down!!!
There were points while reading this book, that I was screaming out loud "NOOO!' or "why?!?!?" And when no one answered me, I knew I had to finish reading is right away. I needed answers to my "noooos" and "whys". Make sure you have plenty of time to read this
The Book Bar
May 23, 2014 The Book Bar rated it really liked it
Shelves: desiree
This and more reviews at The Book Bar.co

Rating: Well/House

How much do I love this lady lead? Clara is hysterical when you need it and an emotional mess to keep her 'human' and vulnerable. Clara has secrets and wants to keep them that way. She thinks she knows what she wants, but never commits to it.
“Trust me, when I woke up today, I had plans to be awesome, but... shit happens,”.... K. Larsen. Tug Of War (Kindle Location 1391).

Clara's life has been on cruise control for the last couple years an
Book Drunk Blog
Jan 30, 2014 Book Drunk Blog rated it liked it
Ugh, have you ever read a love-triangle book and just wanted to shake the shit out of the heroine because she's picking the wrong guy? That was this book for me. I wanted to reach through my Kindle, grab Clara by the shoulders and shake her until she couldn't see straight, then I wanted to scream and yell and kick and scream that she's an idiot, a moron. She had everything she could ever want in a man, and she just shoved him to the side like yesterday's trash. Grr!!

True to her word I loved Clar
Jan 30, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it

True to her word I loved Clar
Jess
Dec 29, 2013 Jess rated it really liked it
Tug of War by K. Larsen is the kind of book that will bring you relief after a long stretch of same old same olds.
Clara Lord is the owner of a tattoo parlour with a beautiful and fulfilling life but a hidden past. When she meets Dominic Napoli on a weekend away with her girlfriends everything is turned upside down and she's made to not only come clean but assess herself and make some serious changes.
When I read the prologue I fell in love with Clara instantly! She seemed a strong character who k
$250 Amazon Gift Card- Tug of War 3 41 Dec 09, 2013 11:54AM
Dominic or Sawyer?! 1 10 Nov 03, 2013 02:52PM
  • Nordic Lessons
  • The Demarcation of Jack
  • The Love of My (Other) Life
  • Birthday Games (Spy Games, #1.5)
  • The Unfaithful Widow
  • Bittersweet Deceit (Bound by Your Love, #2)
  • Blue Ice (Ice #1)
  • Angst
  • Love, Lies, and Deception
  • All for Maddie
  • Ripped
  • Curve
  • Steal My Heart (Washington Memorial Hospital, #2)
  • The Parts I Remember (The Parts I Remember, #1)
  • All Blues (All, #3.5)
  • Making Him Sweat (Wilinski's, #1) (Harlequin Blaze #740)
  • Lethal Obsession (Lethal Obsession, #1)
  • Pieces of Perfect (Pieces, #1)
Interests:
Reading/Writing· Viola · Piano · Gardening · Pets · Coffee · Chocolates · Running

I am an avid reader, coffee drinker, and chocolate eater who loves writing. I received my B.A. from Simmons College-a while ago. I currently live with my daughter in Maine.

I've published The Bloodlines Series; Tug Of War,Objective, Resistance, Target 84

Stand Alone's; Saving Caroline, Dating Delaney, Missed
More about K. Larsen...

Bloodlines (4 books)
  • Objective (Bloodlines, #2)
  • Resistance (Bloodlines, #3)
  • Target 84 (Bloodlines, #4)

“Because I’m sure a man with your sexual prowess has numbers that triple mine. You’re probably a walking case of gonaherphasyphilaids,” 0 likes
“I’m Clara Lord. I own Bloodline’s Tattoo Parlor, have a filthy mouth, no filter, and a really strong” 0 likes