"Where's My Shoes?": My Father's Walk Through Alzheimer's

"Where's My Shoes?": My Father's Walk Through Alzheimer's

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The heartfelt and uplifting story of a daughter's commitment to care for her father as the grip of Alzheimer's gradually controls his life. A poignant and sometimes humorous book that gives comfort to caregivers of dementia patients and the elderly. It includes specific suggestions for caregivers and confronts the issues and emotions they face.
Library Binding
Published by North Star Books (CA)

Elaine
My Mama had Alzheimer's disease. This book was among the first on this horrific topic that I had the privilege of reading. It personalized my journey in a way that helped me so much. Brenda Avadian gives a raw, honest glimpse into how Alzheimer's effected her Father, her family and herself. I appreciate it so very much.
Jenn C
I thought this book was a really sad. I was able to get a vivied picture of her experience in dealing with her father's illness and it was really heart breaking.
Dianne
Helpful story about dealing with elderly Alzheimer's father.
Esther Adler
Esther Adler marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Deborah Krasicky
Deborah Krasicky marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2013
Finding the Joy in Alzheimer's: Caregivers Share the Joyful Times Where's My Shoes?: My Father's Walk Through Alzheimer's Stuffology 101: Get Your Mind Out of the Clutter Drive north in your career! Finding the Joy in Alzheimer's: When Tears Are Dried with Laughter