Start by marking “Pros and Cons (Fox and O'Hare, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Pros and Cons (Fox and O'Hare, #0.5)

Pros and Cons (Fox and O'Hare 0.5)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  9,734 Ratings  ·  581 Reviews
Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg have teamed up for a dynamic new series featuring an FBI agent who’s on the hunt—and a master con artist who’s enjoying the chase. The con is on in this eBook original short story that’s a triumphant prequel to The Heist.

Published May 21st 2013 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Pros and Cons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pros and Cons

Dagny
Mar 13, 2016 Dagny rated it liked it
Totally implausible, but what fun! I agree with the character Kate when she thinks: "You had to admire the man's style."
Marianne
Jan 25, 2015 Marianne rated it really liked it
Pros and Cons is a prequel to the first book in the O’Hare and Fox series by popular American author, Janet Evanovich in collaboration with Lee Goldberg. Kate O’Hare is an FBI agent who is on the trail of Nicolas Fox. Fox is an audacious con merchant, criminally brilliant, and O’Hare is as determined to bring him to justice as Fox is to evade it. Just to complicate matters, there is a bit of attraction between them. Fox, under the guise of a wedding planner, is busy fleecing a rich Milton Royce ...more
Yvonne
Jan 04, 2016 Yvonne rated it really liked it
I’ve been a big Janet Evanovich and her Stephanie Plum series fan for years. So, when I saw she was writing other series, I wanted to try them but haven’t had time. Then, I noticed this prequel to the “O’Hare and Fox” series she writes with Lee Goldberg and I figured it was the perfect intro for me to learn about this series. I was right. I loved it.

Although this is a short story and fast read, it gave me a good feel for this series. I immediately liked the cat and mouse game between Kate and Ni
Vivienne
May 27, 2013 Vivienne rated it really liked it
I accessed this short prequel to this new series by Evanovich and Goldberg on my Kindle this morning and was immediatly hooked, which I guess why this kind of taster works well to launch a new series.

There is a touch of 'White Collar' in the cat & mouse (or should that be 'hare & fox') relationship between FBI agent Kate O'Hare and con man Nicholas Fox but as I adore that show that's all to the good.

I plan to get 'The Heist' probably on audio when published next month as it seems perfec
Ruth
Jul 16, 2014 Ruth rated it really liked it
This is a short story that is a prequel to "The Heist" which I read a while ago. In this story, we find Kate O'Hare on her relentless quest to capture Nick Fox. We find her combing the newspapers looking for scams that have been perpetrated by someone who is sporting the name of a character from an old TV show. She reads about Merrill Stubing, who is a wedding planner helping to co-ordinate the wedding of a wealthy man in Chicago and his wife to be. She is pretty certain that Merrill Stubing/ AK ...more
Gawelleb
Apr 05, 2016 Gawelleb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Une novella assez courte qui donne le ton de l'histoire!
Maintenant, il n'y a plus qu'à enchaîner sur le roman!
Col
Nov 20, 2014 Col rated it really liked it
Shelves: e, g, 2014
Synopsis/blurb…..

A short story introducing FBI special agent Kate O'Hare and international con artist Nicolas Fox: soon to appear again in THE CHASE.

Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg have teamed up for a dynamic new series featuring an FBI agent who's on the hunt - and a master con artist who's enjoying the chase. The con is on in this eBook original short story that's a triumphant prequel to The Heist.

FBI special agent Kate O'Hare has made it her mission to nail international con artist Nicolas
Diane Krause
Jun 01, 2013 Diane Krause rated it really liked it
I'm a long-time fan of Janet Evanovich, and was thrilled when I learned she was launching a new series, co-written with Lee Goldberg. I won't get The Heist until it's released June 18, but I was happy to know this teaser, Pros & Cons, was available right away.

I was not disappointed. It's clear these new characters will be a lot of fun, and the stories packed with Janet's classic spunk, wit, and fast-paced action.
Vicki
Aug 09, 2015 Vicki rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, humorous
This prequel to The Heist had me busting up. I love the con artist that Nicolas is and how he is able to taunt Agent Kate O'Hare. Man, he is one heck of a con artist!

She sees a wedding planner named Merrill Stubing but swears it is Nicolas Fox, the con artist. Problem is she's only 85% sure...oh wait, she gives it a second thought/look and becomes 92% sure.

Recommendation: I thought it was hilarious and a good prequel! It's one of Evanovich's books that made me laugh aloud.
Urs
Oct 30, 2014 Urs rated it it was ok
I have been interested in the Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg collaborations since The Heist was released. I have never read a Janet Evanovich book, nor have I read a Lee Goldberg book, despite having downloaded the Jury Series when it was free on the Kindle bookstore.

This short read is a prequel to The Heist. I decided to read this to see if it was interesting enough to continue with the series. In this story, readers are introduced to Kate O’Hare, an FBI agent who has been tracking con artis
Hobart
May 31, 2013 Hobart rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-reads
I've been eagerly awaiting The Heist since it was first announced -- I'm a big fan of both Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, so when this short story prequel was released I couldn't resist.

I probably should have found the will power. This, at best, was not bad. Amusing at times, but most of the humor felt forced. Even then, the humor was overly broad most of the time. Worse than that, the story was chock-full of exposition dumps that are almost worthy of Dan Brown.

That said, I've read almost 30
Kim
This was super short and fun. I liked the intro to Kate and Nicholas. I have already read the Heist, so I was familiar with the characters already and this was just a touch of icing. Had I not already read the Heist, I would probably want more. I'd read this one as a trailer for the next, you get a quick gist but the sub 40 pages can't develop the characters the way the novel does. Give it a go as an appetizer, but make sure to have the main dish ready to jump into. Why 4 instead of 5? Well it's ...more
Lori Engel
Feb 07, 2014 Lori Engel rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this short story. It moved along quickly and I am looking forward to reading the next cat and mouse scenario with Kate and Nick. Truly a fun romp!
Lisa Jameson
Sep 01, 2015 Lisa Jameson rated it really liked it
Fun short story prequel to "The Heist" When Kate and Nick were adversaries....funny, good back-story filler.
Dawn-Desiree
Jun 22, 2014 Dawn-Desiree rated it liked it
It was ok, cute short story will read the next one to get a better feel of the story and it's characters
Kay
Aug 29, 2013 Kay rated it liked it
Shelves: fluff, kindle
I love the Stephanie series but am not a fan of the other books she has written. However, going on vacation I needed to add some books to my kindle and my library had this one available. It's a short story apparently introducing a new series and it was perfect for a drive from Boston to Newport [and I still had time to eat some donuts, take a short nap, and read some on another book} I found the characters fun to read and will definitely try the series. I would have given it another 1/2 star if ...more
Youpier Johnson
Introduction book.,..prequel
Karen
Oct 01, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun story! Loved it!
Claudia
Jun 30, 2013 Claudia rated it really liked it
Introduces us to Kate and Nick...an FBI agent and a slick con man. They love to hate each other and outsmart each other. They are meant for each other.

FUnny, fast...Nick's disguised as a wedding planner to get close enough to a treasure he intends to swipe during the ceremony. The bride groom deserve each other, and truly deserve to be robbed. Nick does his best.

Kate is so focused on stopping him she travels to Chicago and is ready to blow up the wedding...we'll see.

Clever opening to this new se
Katy
Nov 05, 2015 Katy rated it really liked it
Cute short story of Fox and OHare before they join forces.
Aloha
May 07, 2015 Aloha rated it liked it
PROS AND CONS (FOX and O'HARE series, # 0.5)
- by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg

Reviewed 5/7/2015, - Doc Aloha Reviews

*** NOTE that Pros And Cons is an INCOMPLETE SHORT STORY, and a precursor to THE HEIST, #1 in the Fox and O'Hare series.
This review covers the minimal sample of the novel it precedes, and some thoughts on this new method of promoting a novel.

This is my first read by Evanovich, and as a devoted conneseieuer of mysteries and thrillers of all types, this very brief short story le
Kathy Davie
Oct 26, 2014 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, suspense
A short story prequel in the Fox and O'Hare romantic suspense comedic series and revolving around FBI Agent Kate O'Hare obsessed with capturing her arch-nemesis, Nicolas Fox.

This short story was in the back of Evanovich’s Top Secret Twenty-One , 21, (the hardcover).

My Take
Outré and funny with Nicolas posing as a wedding planner, setting up every little detail to make it easy to do a smash-and-grab on Royce’s possessions. Fox has way too much fun setting this up, and Caroline and Milton are way
Danielle
Jun 14, 2013 Danielle rated it it was amazing
This story was set up to entice you to read her new series and Evanovich does not disappoint. The characters are quirky and there's a lot of funny mixed in. Any fan of the Stephanie Plum series will recognize Kate O'Hare. There are similarities but still Kate is unique and the game of cat and mouse she is playing with Nick Fox is exciting. This is like seeing an old friend after 20 years and they look a little different but still feel warm and fuzzy.
Carol
Dec 26, 2014 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
I picked up this short prequel to the Fox and O'Hare series just because I wanted something to listen to. It's a quick early meeting between Kate and Nick. Nick has an audacious plan, and Kate right behind him. It's a good introduction to the two if you haven't met them before. If you read the series, as I have, it's still fun. It's a similar formula to the books but Kate is still quite clearly on the opposite side as Fox. Or maybe it's Fox who's clearly on the opposite side. You get a feel for ...more
Gopal (The Minion)
Apr 18, 2014 Gopal (The Minion) rated it really liked it
Janet Evanovich introduces us to criminal extra ordinaire Nicolas (Nick) Fox. A con man of international reputation who is driving ex-navy marine, current FBI agent Kate O'Hare mad...

Kate has made it her life's mission to capture Nick and has come close on many occasions only for Nick to pull the impossible and escape.

What will happen in this cat and mouse game? Will the long arm of the law finally catch the extremely lucky thief or will the con man extraordinare continue his extravagenza ... th
Randy
May 30, 2013 Randy rated it it was amazing
PROS & CONS serves as an introduction the the forthcoming novel by the authors.

FBI Special Agent Kate O'Hare is the pro and Noclas Fox is the con.

As in conman, one who's doing it for thrills these days and is fond of using television series character names in his various cons. All the easier for someone like O'Hare to find him. The point.

Look forward to the novel, the first of a series I beleive.
John Marsh
Jan 01, 2015 John Marsh rated it liked it
Erik Moloney
Feb 06, 2015 Erik Moloney rated it really liked it
FBI special agent Kate O’Hare has made it her mission to nail international con artist Nicolas Fox. When she discovers his plot to plunder a venture capitalist’s twentieth-story Chicago penthouse of all its cash and treasures at the same time that the self-proclaimed “King of Hostile Takeovers” is getting married, Kate is 85 percent—okay maybe 92 percent—sure that she’s finally going to bag Nick Fox.

Problem is, first Kate has to convince her boss, building security, and maybe even herself, that
Jan
May 26, 2013 Jan rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-on-kindle
One of these short 'tasters' of a new series. Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg (writer of the 'Monk' series) have collaberated on a new series about a female FBI agent hunting a master criminal. Very good - slightly comedic. Waiting on the book - The Heist - which comes out in June. Should be a great series.
Chance Lee
May 28, 2013 Chance Lee rated it liked it
This was fresh, fast, and fun. Pretty much what I expected. The heist is clever and entertaining, and the humor is classic Evanovich -- complete with a heroine who loves junk food. I'm interested in the Heist, but will probably wait until it's in paperback or the ebook is on sale.
Guilty hookah mean actually guilty 1 4 Sep 02, 2015 04:47AM
2015 Reading Chal...: Pros & Cons by Evanovich/Goldberg 1 11 Jul 06, 2015 08:32AM
Errors 1 12 Aug 28, 2014 07:27PM
unattainable 4 34 Feb 11, 2014 01:33AM
The Crown Capital...: Consumer Confidence High in Southeast Asia Global Economy content from IndustryWeek - Skyrock 1 1 Jul 29, 2013 12:22AM
  • Foul Play
  • Two Guys Detective Agency (Two Guys Detective Agency, #1)
  • Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #3)
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • The Root of all Trouble(A Nina Quinn #7)
  • Rock Point (Sharpe & Donovan, #0.5)
  • Fatal Fruitcake: A Christmas Short Story (Callahan Garrity Mysteries)
  • Cuffing Kate (12 Shades of Surrender Series)
  • Her Ladyship's Companion (Spymasters, #0.5)
  • Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman
  • Fatal Fortune (A Psychic Eye Mystery, #12)
  • Outta the Bag (Cadence Jones, #0.5)
  • The Mystery Writers of America Presents The Mystery Box
  • No Honor Among Thieves (Ali Reynolds, #10.5; Joanna Brady, #16.5)
  • Who Glares Wins (Lexi Graves Mystery, #2)
  • The 1st Victim (Kovac and Liska, #3.5)
More about Janet Evanovich...

Fox and O'Hare (5 books)
  • The Heist (Fox and O'Hare, #1)
  • The Chase (Fox and O'Hare, #2)
  • The Job (Fox and O'Hare, #3)
  • The Scam (Fox and O'Hare, #4)
  • The Pursuit (Fox and O'Hare, #5)