Start by marking “Sorcerer” as Want to Read:
Sorcerer

Sorcerer (Jake Stanton Adventures #3)

THE ADVENTURE BEGINS

Keira Merlin's father is in trouble. He told her that in a dream. He has an artifact that others want; evil people, who will stop at nothing to own it. Keira knows where her father hides, deep in a mountain's forest, but she needs help to reach him. She needs Jake Stanton.

Published April 26th 2013 by CreateSpace (first published April 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sorcerer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorcerer

Cathy Ryan
Sep 10, 2014 Cathy Ryan rated it really liked it

Keira hasn’t seen her father since the Red Moon case but they communicate regularly through dreams. Merlin is in danger and wants Keira to find Jake and ask for his help.

The danger involves an artefact Keira uncovered at a dig in Egypt. An artefact that could, and probably would, catastrophically change the world if it fell into the wrong hands. Even as Keira and Jake race to find Merlin, men with evil on their minds are on Merlin’s trail and they will stop at nothing to get what they
Neil
Oct 29, 2015 Neil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

FBI agent Jake Stanton is a wanted man. He is wanted by the same individuals who search for Keira's father, Silvanus Merlin, his partner in a previous case, and the man who once saved his life.

Together, Stanton and Keira will j
Beth Harding
Apr 29, 2013 Beth Harding rated it it was amazing
I read Sorcerer in one sitting. I loved the interplay between Jake and Keira. I also enjoyed not knowing what would happen next. Sorcerer is an excellent adventure novel, well written and fast moving. One thing I like about this writer is the lack of curse words and offensive adult situations. There is some violence, but it's not over the top, more like Indiana Jones. Another great book from this author.
Patricia Bergman
Sep 02, 2013 Patricia Bergman rated it liked it
I won this book from Goodreads.

"Sorcerer" is an entertaining paranormal mystery/thriller. I can recommend it to those who enjoy an easy fast read.
Don
Jul 14, 2013 Don rated it liked it
It has it good points, just not enough of them. It is the first book I've read where the author doesn't confide to his readers just what is going to happen. He would have the characters talk about what their plans were, then out of the blue, everything is ignored and something totally different happens, and you know they meticulously planned it all out that way....just didn't bother to let us, the readers, know what was happening. The relationship between Kiera & Jake was very weird too. She ...more
Mammy Oaklee
Jan 14, 2014 Mammy Oaklee rated it really liked it
Sorcerer
by Randy Mixter

A Slap In The Face!

One of my favorite tactics from Randy Mixter is his ability to seize his reader right from the start! The book, Sorcerer, is my first read of A Jake Stanton Adventure. The slap in my face, ‘er Jake’s face had me off to a running start! From then on Randy Mixter had me hooked on the main character, Jake Stanton. Jake is a FBI Agent, who is summoned to aid Keira to rescue Keira’s father, the Sorcerer. The Sorcerer has gone into hiding to protect a unique p
Rebecca
Oct 29, 2015 Rebecca rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-free
I felt like I was reading a first draft, not a final ready-to-publish copy. There might be a decent story in here somewhere, but I couldn't find it in the mess, even though I read all of it and looked really hard.

Missing and misplaced punctuation. Lines cut off early. Copious spelling errors. Midscene POV shifts. It's just a sloppy mess.

Then add to that bad guy POV scenes, which I generally don't like.
Mary Bannister
Jun 26, 2013 Mary Bannister rated it it was amazing
A great action/adventure book. No bad language or gory violence. Sorcerer reads like an Indiana Jones adventure, but with a sci-fi twist. Another winner from this author.
Bratk3
Jul 06, 2013 Bratk3 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, reviewed
Just finished reading the Sorcerer. This book has something for every reader. action, adventure, romance and sience fiction. I enjoyed every page, and wish I hadn't finished it so quickly.
Randy Mixter
Sep 05, 2014 Randy Mixter rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Harris Guilmette
Harris Guilmette rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Marta Kruckmeyer
Marta Kruckmeyer rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
jessa
jessa rated it liked it
Deborah S Norman
Deborah S Norman rated it really liked it
Lynnea
Lynnea rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2015
Shari Kohut
Shari Kohut rated it liked it
Eliza Bell
Eliza Bell rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Jeffrey Bender
Jeffrey Bender rated it liked it
Liz
Liz rated it did not like it
Mar 12, 2014
Stacey Fabi
Stacey Fabi rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Marilyn
Marilyn rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2015
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was ok
Gary Roche
Gary Roche rated it really liked it
Kim Jackson
Feb 03, 2015 Kim Jackson rated it liked it
I would have liked to see a little more depth to the characters as well as some complexity.
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Veronica Sutton
Veronica Sutton rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Andrew Brumage
Andrew Brumage rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2013
Shana Jones
Shana Jones rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2013
  • Demonworld
  • Legend of the Chosen (Destiny's Kingdom #1)
  • Dawning (Black Earth, #1)
  • The Kaiser Affair (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #1)
  • The Sapporo Outbreak
  • Maerlin's Storm
  • The Shadowbearer (Aegis of The Gods, #1.5)
  • The Binding Stone (Djinn, #1)
  • The Exile's Violin (Tethys Chronicles, #1)
  • Soul Thief (Blue Light #2)
  • As the Crow Flies
  • Darkin: A Journey East
  • Animus
  • The Chalice and the Blade (Chalice Trilogy, #1)
  • Freedom Bridge
  • Toby Streams the Universe
  • The Perpetual Rain (The Chronicles of Trellah, #1)
  • The Scars of Ambition (The Cumerian Unraveling, #1)
Author Randy Mixter lives in Pasadena, Maryland, with his wife Veronica and their five cats. He writes in a variety of genres including Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Mysteries, and Suspense Thrillers. He currently has several novels and short stories available, with more on the way.

Find out about new releases, special discounts, and free book promotions at https://sites.google.com/site/randymi...

Chec
More about Randy Mixter...

Jake Stanton Adventures (3 books)
  • A Gunman's Destiny