Start by marking “Shadow's End (Light & Shadow, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadow's End (Light & Shadow, #3)

Shadow's End (Light & Shadow #3)

At last, Catwin and Miriel have chosen their own path, escaping the Court and its machinations, and fleeing to the Norstrung Provinces, to aid the rebellion. As they shed the masks and deceptions of their former life, however, both must face the fact that the same dark forces they fled are at work even in the furthest reaches of Heddred.

But it is not only avarice and hatr
Paperback, 1, 217 pages
Published April 9th 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Shadow's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow's End

Andrea Anastos
Jul 14, 2013 Andrea Anastos rated it it was amazing
This is the third book of an excellent first trilogy by a new writer in the Fantasy genre. Each book has built on the previous volume, taking both characters and plot to new levels of complexity and realism. Catwin and Miriel (who share the role of protagonists) develop authentically from insecure young teens to strong young women. The first two books Shadowborn (Light & Shadow) (Volume 1) and Shadowforged (Light & Shadow) introduce them (and the reader) to the profoundly unsettling ...more
Claire
Jun 08, 2013 Claire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who like mystery, prophecies, medieval fantasy
Recommended to Claire by: saw posting in local coffee shop about local indie author
I just finished reading Shadow's End by Moira Katson. It is a well-rounded conclusion to the trilogy in which "ah-ha" moments are to be relished!

The book picks up where Shadowforged left off: Catwin and Miriel escape the Duke and retreat to the countryside inspiring lay folk into rebellion. Upon returning to court each encounters changes they did not expect. Relationships are challenged and the girls discover that again they are each others' most reliable companion.

Again, questions from the text
Lia
Dec 22, 2013 Lia rated it really liked it

Shadow's End is one of those rare books that could either be a one star or a five star. One star because I was so sad to see the end of it

that it made me want to drown myself in chocolate until I felt better

and five stars because it had to be pretty good to mess with my feels like that.

Due to the recent policy change and the deletion of my "favorite authors" shelf, I'm no longer posting full reviews on Goodreads, to see the rest of this review, please click here or here.
Raymond Koonce
Sep 13, 2013 Raymond Koonce rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading Moira Katson's Light & Shadow trilogy and must say I haven't enjoyed myself as much since reading Stephen King's "The Stand" many years ago. The characters are well drawn and have a depth that is hard to find these days. The plot is as rich as the characters and draws you on, page after page. I highly recommend this to anyone who loves a good read. It is that rare form of book that has only one major flaw - it comes to an end.
Kayla
Jul 29, 2015 Kayla rated it it was amazing
What an awesome ending to the Light & Shadow trilogy. Moira Katson is definitely an author to watch for!

Starting this trilogy, I would have never imagined that I would become as invested in the story and as attached to the characters as I have. The story was perfectly crafted and the characters had a depth that I haven’t seen in a long while.

If you haven’t started this trilogy, do yourself a favor and pick up the first book (it’s even free!).
Marie
Apr 01, 2016 Marie rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I'll admit it, the first book in this series was free on amazon and that's the only reason I started this series, but I'm glad I did. It was a fun run and worth the read. This series was good, even if it didn't end the way I expected.
Tria
Dec 13, 2013 Tria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come later. Lots of typos and missing words in this ebook copy though - that is what lost the fifth star.
Diana
Oct 22, 2016 Diana rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Really interesting series, loved the story and the characters. There was too much detail about the families and the conduct of all the nobles in parts but overall I was really engaged throughout the series. The plot twists were unexpected and the characterization was good.
Oshun
Jul 21, 2014 Oshun rated it liked it
This was the first book I have read in a long while that was not written by a big name writer in either fantasy or historical fiction that I found readable on the level of pure personal enjoyment. I was able to turn off my editor and just relax and enjoy it. The book is well-written and the characters are interesting. I liked that the style is not at all minimalist, but neither is it lush to the degree that it caused me second-hand embarrassment.

If I could have changed the book in any way, or if
S.L. Saboviec
Jul 23, 2016 S.L. Saboviec rated it really liked it
I was impressed by this series, the Light and Shadow trilogy, which was another one of my fabulous Bookbub bargains. (Er, by the way, since I talk about them so much, one might wonder if I’m affiliated, but I’m not. Though I’ve acquired enough $0.99 and free books from them, I should probably take out stock.)

This is both a fascinating character-driven and an interesting plot-driven story, wrapped in an engrossing fantasy world. Catwin, the main character, comes from a poor family, and until she’
Chichiohh
Oct 14, 2013 Chichiohh rated it it was amazing
I shan't include any spoilers but, instead, speak to the strength of the author's writing. Over the three books, she developed and extensive network of intrigue and schemes. The character development was top-notch and the plot moved along in such a way that by the end of book two, I'd begun to see the skeins of the web that Catwin and Miriel were in...by a tenth of the way into the third book, I was certain of where the betrayal would come from and could only watch horrified as Catwin moved in ...more
Raquel
Nov 13, 2013 Raquel rated it it was amazing
This series is one of the best I've read all year and Shadow's End was an excellent closer to the trilogy.

I so enjoyed the evolution of the two main characters in this series and the way their relationship to each other changed along the way as well.

The plot progression remained wonderfully well told trough to the end. Many loose ends were wrapped up and questions answered. I was not left with any "but what about"s. I also respected that the end showing you the hope for the future is not predict
Tim Lumsden
3 STARS!!! I really had trouble with the beginning, but it got better

All in all I liked this trilogy, but I never really liked the pace of the story. Also, the beginning of this book wasn't believable, so that made it more difficult. Characters of Katwin and Miriel were good and well developed. Never really got Roine character or the prophecy. A lot of court intrigue which was good in some respects, confusing in others. Ok read, not spectacular. Happy Reading!
Tim
Freethings Forme
Jul 20, 2016 Freethings Forme rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pick-it-for-me
This book did not end as I thought it might, but i still enjoyed the read. Learning that the Duke was actually a King in a different country by marriage really made me dislike him even more. All because of his ambitions, the lives of so many people were ruined. I'm just glad that Catwin and Miriel managed to escape his clutches. Perhaps badly bruised and deeply scarred but definitely not broken or defeated.
Willow Wood
Aug 20, 2015 Willow Wood rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, fantasy
I'm so deeply moved I can hardly bear facing the real world. What a perfect ending. What a painful, desperate, heartbreaking journey. I almost want to start rereading this series from the beginning this very second, but I'll resist...let the enormity of it all sink in. Two heroines I'll never forget, so deeply developed, and will draw much inspiration from in many ways.
Michelle
Oct 03, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michelle
Unexpected ending

I liked this trilogy: the characters and the plot. I was surprised by the ending. It resolved all the questions that had been piling up throughout the books, but it wasn't a very satisfying ending because it was so sad. But I guess you can't always get a happy ending.
Deborah Lewitt
Dec 31, 2014 Deborah Lewitt rated it really liked it
the perfect finish to the series. It couldn't have ended any other way. I almost wanted to start over at the beginning again right away, just to see what I missed. everything was as I expected but also surprising. well worth the read. clean and not too mushie. well done Miss Katson.
Chartreuse
Jan 14, 2015 Chartreuse rated it really liked it
Not like the average fantasy novel: if you're into dragons and spells and big battles, this might not be the book for you. Catwin is not the typical brave heroine, but it made her all the more likeable.
Brittany Westerberg
Feb 19, 2014 Brittany Westerberg rated it it was amazing
There were some problems with the ebook formatting on this one, enough that I would prefer to give it 4.5 stars, but it was a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. I didn't expect from the first book how it would exactly end, though I did guess who would betray her and how the romance would end.
Beth
Nov 10, 2015 Beth rated it it was amazing
Third in the series telling about the girls and their continuing life, in this one they help stop the war and draft a treaty to help the "peons". They still haven't found happiness but they are still alive and moving forward.
Nicole
Apr 08, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: just-ok
1st - I received this book in return for my review

2nd - This is the book I was waiting for! Of all 3 - this is the one that finally shows what the writer can do! The characters are well developed and the story finally goes somewhere! Glad it wrapped up and pleased with the ending.
Dec 22, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
Finally! Everything finally came together. There are twists in the end, but there is also hope! I began this series just barely interested, but in th end, had a difficult time putting it Dow.
Albert
Mar 14, 2014 Albert rated it it was amazing
I love Moira's character building and story telling. A great first trilogy, I hope to see more from her.
Ralph Trickey
Nov 07, 2015 Ralph Trickey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent ending

This is still an excellent book about two young ladies caught up in palace intrigue. If you liked the first two this is just as good.
Danna
Jun 01, 2014 Danna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shadows

Shadows

I have not been able to put this series of books down. taking me back to a world forgotten. I highly recommend this book for all.
pamela luis
This was not a bad historical fantasy but I want more meat to a read. Guess I am spoiled by robin hobb and guy Gabriel Kay. Waiting for more books from them.
Kelsey Neustel
Kelsey Neustel rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Carlie Hahn
Carlie Hahn rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Larayenicole
Larayenicole rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2013
  • Cobweb Empire (Cobweb Bride Trilogy, #2)
  • Firehearted
  • Tempest (Scribes of Medeisia, #2)
  • A Flight of Marewings (Wyld Magic, #1)
  • Bastial Steel (The Rhythm of Rivalry, #2)
  • Hawkmaiden: A Spellmonger Cadet Fantasy Novel
  • The Discovery of Socket Greeny (Socket Greeny, #1)
  • Eyes of Silver
  • The Last Kings Amulet
  • Blood Thirst (Blood Thirst, #2)
  • The Lament of the Stone (Stonewiser, #3)
  • Eternal Knight (The Orb, #1)
  • Acts of Violence
  • Warp World
  • Gateway to Reality
  • Black Sea Gods (Chronicles of Fu Xi, #1)
  • Candidate (The Black Mage, #3)
  • A Perfect Armenian
6420480
I am a transplant to the frozen wastes of the midwest, learning to love fried food on a stick, hot dish, and the winters. Having recently bought a house, I am also learning everything from how to wire chandeliers to how best to paint a room. (Also, I spend too much time at Menard's.)

I have been writing since I was old enough to read, and I write on every scrap of paper I can get my hands on. In th
More about Moira Katson...

Light & Shadow (3 books)
  • Shadowborn (Light & Shadow, #1)
  • Shadowforged (Light & Shadow, #2)

“I know a lie when I see one, Catwin—even from you, now. I didn’t once, you know. I thought you incapable of lying to me; I was wrong. You didn’t know how big a mistake you made, when you deceived me for Miriel’s little charade. Because until I discovered your lies, I did not know what it was that I was seeing in you. Now, I do. I know when you lie to me, and I will find out your secrets.” 1 likes