Start by marking “Charmed Again (Halloween LaVeau, #2)” as Want to Read:
Charmed Again (Halloween LaVeau, #2)

Charmed Again (Halloween LaVeau #2)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  786 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Reluctant witch Halloween LaVeau never guessed that inheriting LaVeau Manor would be so difficult. Sure, she was named Worst Witch of the Year, but her botched spell-casting is all behind her now, right? Everything changed after discovering the ancient Book of Mystics. She’s now the leader of the Underworld… whatever that means. Apparently, she’s in charge of keeping order ...more
Published May 21st 2013 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Charmed Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charmed Again

Layla Darnell
May 25, 2013 Layla Darnell rated it it was amazing
Rose Presseys' creativity shines again is this wonderful story of Halloween LaVaeu and her wild adventures. Halloween now leader of the Underworld after finding the book of mystics in Forever charmed is now assigned the task of decided Nicolas Marcos fate when he is accused of turning a witch against her will. Hallie, Nicolas and Liam set out to New Orleans to get to the bottom of the charges. They soon discover things are not what the seem and embark on a fact finding mission after Nicolas is ...more
Kristin
Oct 12, 2016 Kristin rated it really liked it
Similar to the first

While I enjoyed this book and will likely continue reading, I found myself frustrated that Hallie doesn't seem to learn from her past mistakes and is so wishy washy about which man she's interested in.
Samantha
Jul 20, 2015 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Colleen Criswell
Jul 11, 2013 Colleen Criswell rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, witch-lit
I really want to like this series, I really really do....however I have become very disappointed with Pressey's writing. It all seems too formulaic. Each series she has written, each book feels like a replication of the one before it.

Worst thing is that I am getting annoyed with these characters. They seem to lack depth. Our main character comes off as a bumbling idiot who has self esteem issues. This would be an interesting character, however she has no depth what so ever, no real redeeming qua
Jacque Brant
May 23, 2013 Jacque Brant rated it it was amazing
Charmed Again was absolutely wonderful!! Hallie, Halloween LaVeau, was just as cute as a witch can be!! Now she is the leader of the Underworld and has no idea what that means!! LOL That's the great part...and she comes across a magical book. Which, well, can't say to much, I wouldn't want to be a spoiler!! The 2 men in her life, Liam, the Warlock and Nicolas, the Vampire, of course add complications to her situation and everything just gets crazier as each chapter goes along!!! The characters ...more
Donna
Jan 11, 2016 Donna rated it it was amazing
Clarissa Simmens
May 24, 2013 Clarissa Simmens rated it it was amazing
Halloween LaVeau is such an imperfect heroine that I can't help wishing I knew her personally. Chaotic thinking, impulsive actions, “reanimating” the wrong dead, screwing up spells. Yep, sounds like most managers we know so she fits right into the “corporate” structure of witches, vampires, demons and other denizens when she becomes the leader of the Underworld based on a book in her possession although like a bad dream it is written in an unknown language. This first person narrative makes us ...more
Sherri Dub
Jul 26, 2014 Sherri Dub rated it liked it
Still enjoying the character/Heroine, Halloween LaVeau in this second novel.
Now, while she's learning more about her new job as the leader of the Underworld, she's become more confused about which man is her true love interest.
Struggling with all the paranormal drama, her dueling Heroic Brothers, and her best friend's safety, Hallie's going through a lot in this storyline.
That said, the writing flows easily, if not a bit too simply.
I do enjoy Mrs. Pressey's voice, but her ending in this novel w
Yvonne
May 27, 2013 Yvonne rated it it was amazing
Once again Halloween LaVeau has to figure out who is out to get her. Nicolas Marcos is accused of stealing another witches powers. Before Hallie can figure out what is going on or if he is guilty Nicolas disappears. She is sure that there is something going on that is keeping Nicolas away. Meeting the people from the New Orleans clan she is sure they are behind it. Nicolas's brother Liam is sent to protect Hallie, and as much trouble as she gets herself into, she needs a bodyguard. With the help ...more
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Aug 29, 2014 Karen (BaronessBookTrove) rated it it was amazing
Rose Pressey has once again wrote another fast-paced book that kept me guessing while having my suspicions about a few of the characters but not a whole lot.

This book to me is super good and I am happy that I got to read it. The ending was good as well despite being put onto a cliff-hanging ending. Which for one I sometimes hate but also loved since I had the next book already so I could read it instead of waiting for it to come out and be all wondering what would would happen.

Rose Pressey is a
Tess
May 24, 2013 Tess rated it it was amazing
Rose Pressey just keeps getting better!

Hallie is now the leader of the Underworld, she still cannot read half the spellbook and is still botching up spells!
Now, Nicolas has been accused of stealing a witch’s powers by turning her into a vampire! And she has been summoned to intervene and pass judgment on him by the New Orleans coven.

With the help of her best friend, Liam, Jon and her mother’s coven - can she find out what’s going on and set everything right?

Intriguing, cute and just overall
Cindy
Jul 15, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it
I am so loving this series. Hallie is just the funniest character. She a witch that doesn't have the best record for accurate spells. But she does her best. In
Charmed Again Hallie is trying her best to fulfill her duties as the newest Leader of the Underworld. Only she can't even read the instruction book.
Not to mention she is falling in love with a vampire/warlock and trying her best to be a good daughter and protect her best friend from her crazy life.

I gave this book only 4 stars because the
Beth Santucci
Jul 13, 2015 Beth Santucci rated it it was amazing
In book 2 of The Halloween LaVeau Series Nicolas is accused of stealing another witch’s powers and the head of the New Orleans coven is pointing the finger. You see it is his sister that Nicolas supposedly bite, and Halley and Liam are out to prove he didn’t do it. But Halley has a B and B to run with some unexpected magical guest who seems to have something hinky about them.
I absolutely adore Halley but am torn between Liam and Nick just like she is. This book kept me guessing and even had a c
May 24, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! This book has it all humor, magic, suspense, and romance.I love Halloween LaVeau, Nicolas and Liam. This is one of the few books that I have actually pre-ordered because I liked the first book in the series so much. This is a fast read because it keeps you wanting more, I read it in one sitting. I can't wait until the next book in the series comes out to see what happens next with Halloween.
Diane
Oct 24, 2014 Diane rated it really liked it

Well Halloween (Hallie) is now the underworld leader. Having no idea how that works she relays on her friends to help her. Nicolas is not himself and disappears. Liam and Hallie have only so much time to find him. New Orleans coven is causing nothing but trouble for Hallie and is about to find out just what the new Underworld Leader can do now that she has figured of how to read the Book of Mists.
Sue Ross
Jun 13, 2013 Sue Ross rated it it was amazing
This second installment by Rose Pressey again demonstrates that Hallie is a good witch but hasn't learned yet how to operate her witchiness. There is suspense, evilness, and even a little romance. There was a lot of suspense at the end and I mean a LOT!!! Not sure I liked the ending except for the fact that there should be a next book in the series :) Can't wait to read it.
Jess
I would have given it a 5, but I felt like some of the same things were repeated from the 1st book. She goes back to talk about why her mom doesn't have eyebrows & etc & all that info is already in the 1st book so I felt like it was just repeating itself. Other than that, I loved the story line. Especially Annabelle! She's the type of best friend every woman wants and needs!
Jamie Russell
Oct 11, 2014 Jamie Russell rated it did not like it
I had so much hope for this book but I felt it was a disappointment. Halloween was much too trusting after all the stuff that happened in the first book. she didn't follow her own instincts most of the time which only caused more issues... not a very good leader. and sorry but the end was pretty blah. Liam and Nick were the only ones that kept me into this book.
Margret
May 28, 2016 Margret rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I absolutely loved this series.This is the second in the series and it's a fun book. Halloween is a lovely character and I enjoyed the love triangle. It’s beautifully written and the flow of the story will steal your heart. I’m looking forward to read the next book in this series. Rose Pressey is an amazing writer!
Nickisha
Dec 09, 2015 Nickisha rated it liked it
Interesting in a done kinda way

The plot was interesting but if you read the first one it seems like a continuation of the theme. It is ok in a sense because you realize that Hallie is new to the role and therefore there should be a learning curve to keep the story authentic I guess.
Casey Keen
Jun 17, 2013 Casey Keen rated it really liked it
So, I bought this book because it was a freebie and loved it! Rose did a great job with the main character, Halloween, although she was a little naive, but cute nonetheless. The book has a light and witty tone, making it very enjoyable!
Erth
Apr 26, 2015 Erth rated it it was amazing
Bravo, again! this story just keeps getting better and better. Wow! such excitement, twists, turns. Hallie rocks! read this book in a wee-end! a page turner i didnt want to put down. I highly recommend this series to all witchy readers!! off to read book 3
Skinnyrogers
Jan 30, 2016 Skinnyrogers rated it really liked it
Exciting and quirky

This second book did not disappoint. Their were so many twists and turns (some areas I was able to figure out before hand) but it was still very good. Can't wait for the next one
Jennifer Gallagher
Dec 31, 2014 Jennifer Gallagher rated it liked it
Shelves: witchy-books
While I didn't like this one as much as the first, it was still a good book. There was a lot of character development and I'm looking forward to the third book. And I'm also proud of Annabelle for getting better with all the withy stuff :-)
Jeanille
Mar 10, 2016 Jeanille rated it liked it
Good but first book is better

This one was not as witty as the first book but still enjoyable. Once I started it I didn't take too many breaks from it until I finished. It was a quick fun read
Melody
Jun 20, 2013 Melody rated it it was amazing
I love Halloween LaVeau. She is so fun and I look forward to more books about her. What a cliff hanger!
Paula Bienvenu
Apr 09, 2015 Paula Bienvenu rated it it was amazing
Super fun read

This was such a fun book to read. I enjoyed the characters and the story. Ok looking forward to reading more books by Rose Pressey.
Jeanine
May 22, 2013 Jeanine rated it it was amazing
A fun, easy to read story. The sequel to Forever Charmed with Halloween LaVeau; a not too terribly proficient witch.
Heather Burke
Jun 23, 2013 Heather Burke rated it it was amazing
Rose did it once again!!! I love her characters and here stories!!! I can't wait to read the next one!
Leafherder
Oct 23, 2014 Leafherder rated it really liked it
I am enjoying the books about Halloween LaVeau. The storyline holds my interest. I do find her writing stiff and unnatural.
  • Hotel Hex (Hex, #4.5)
  • How (Not) to Kiss a Ghost (Cindy Eller, #4)
  • Be My Banshee (Purple Door Detective Agency #1)
  • Seeing Trouble (Deadwood Shorts, #1)
  • For Whom The Spell Tolls (Dulcie O'Neil, #6)
  • A Witch in Time (Magic and Mayhem, #3)
  • Wanted (Thief of Hearts Trilogy, #1)
  • Soul of the Dragon (Soul, #1)
  • Saturday Night Cleaver (A Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #4)
  • Another Sip [Part 1 Intro: The Hunt] (The V V Inn)
  • The Bishop Witches (Bound by the Craft, #1)
  • Powerful Magic
  • Witches of Bourbon Street  (Jade Calhoun ,#2)
Forever Charmed available now!

Rock 'n' Roll is Undead, No Shoes, No Shirt, No Spells, How to Date a Werewolf, and Me and My Ghoulfriends are available on Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords. Only 99 cents.

Rose Pressey enjoys writing quirky and fun novels with a paranormal twist. The paranormal has always captured her interest. The thought of finding answers to the unexplained fascinates her.

When she's n
More about Rose Pressey...

Halloween LaVeau (6 books)
  • Forever Charmed (Halloween Laveau, #1)
  • Third Time's a Charm (Halloween LaVeau, #3)
  • Charmed I'm Sure (Halloween LaVeau, #4)
  • A Charmed Life (Halloween LaVeau #5)
  • Charmed Ever After (Halloween LaVeau #6)