Start by marking “Being of Power” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Being of Power

Baron Baptiste

Being of Power

Baron Baptiste takes his usual messages based on his Power Yoga principals and condenses them down into the nine practices to ignite an empowered life. this is not a yoga book. It is a life book and truly powerful stuff.
Published April 15th 2013 by Hay House USA

To ask other readers questions about Being of Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Being of Power

Magdelanye
It must be difficult,having famous parents,being dragged around the world and exposed to all sorts of unusual and enlightened people. At least Baron Baptiste knew the drill,and after his period of experimentation and meltdown,he emerged rebranded with his own yoga empire and marketing manager. Teacher,trainer,media personality:of course his constant self-referencing irritated me.

It would have been easy then,to pass this one up,especially as promised,much of what he presents is pretty standard fa
Deborah
May 30, 2016 Deborah rated it it was amazing
An excellent book with powerful exercises to transform your self perception and to change the stories you tell yourself and the world.

I have highlighted so many passages while I read this book, and will be going back to do the exercises in greater depth. I can't wait to read his latest book, Perfectly Imperfect, now.
Kamila Forson
Jun 15, 2015 Kamila Forson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Baptiste power yoga is my thing, so I really liked this book. I've read many books on a similar self-help/body, mind & soul theme, though, so he doesn't say anything terribly new to me; that said, he has a way of making the material very accessible, with some quote-worthy passages to boot. Some favorites:

"So can you get comfortable with the idea that you haven't 'arrived' yet? Can you give up your need to know what's next and just get curious, be in inquiry, and open to a breakthrough even
Rose
Aug 28, 2016 Rose rated it it was amazing
You can also read my review here:

Being of Power: The 9 Practices to Ignite an Empowered Life by Baron Baptiste is an amazing book. I was completely engulfed inn this book from beginning to end. I could not put it down.

The nine practices in this book have not only inspired me but by putting them into practice have truly empowered me. I feel lighter, more vibrant, and truly free since putting these practices into my life.

One of my favorite practices is cal
Andy Nieradko
May 07, 2013 Andy Nieradko rated it it was amazing
The 9 practices to ignite an empowered life contained in this book are simple, profound, and doable. Baron Baptiste writes from the heart and does a great job explaining how we can dig deeper, drop our stories and masks while developing authenticity and the empowered kind of life most only dream of. He shows how we are not only responsible for what shows up in our life, but who shows up and how. That may sound a little extreme to some, but the author does a better job of laying out that concept ...more
Robin
Jul 29, 2016 Robin rated it it was amazing
A self-improvement book that really looks at the ways we frame our experience around preconceived notions and past memories. It helps you analyze ways you can shift your line of thinking in order to act from more of an empowered place. I truly loved this book and found it was the right book at the right time for me. It helped me make a lot of major changes that had been marinating for years. Highly recommend if you feel stuck in a situation - whether it be career, romantic relationship, ...more
Kathi Crawford
Nov 17, 2013 Kathi Crawford rated it liked it
My favorite of Baron's books is "40 Days to a Personal Revolution" which I have completed twice as a community with my yoga studio. This book, "Being of Power" is a great follow on book that outlines nine practices to ignite an empowered life. It is rich with guidelines to live an authentic, powerful life should you choose to apply these practices. He provides examples that bring to life each practice and make a connection for the reader to understand the concept. I recommend this book for ...more
Robin Templin
Apr 25, 2013 Robin Templin rated it it was amazing
I have loved all of Baron Baptiste's books. Others were power-yoga based principals.
This is simply the nine practices to ignite an empowered life. He always speaks to me. Like having a therapist in my pocket. I plan to start working those 9 practices... over and over again, which is the whole point.
Heidi The Hippie Librarian
Baptiste takes fairly complex Eastern philosophy and makes it understandable and entertaining. I found his nine practices or tools to be very inspirational. Practice #7 particularly resonated with me. How much of our lives are outdated and self defeating stories that we've made up about ourselves? Stop re-living the old story and start Being of Power!
Jessica
May 26, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
The book made some solid points that were essentially common sense-ish but that most people tend to miss thus causing conflict. If you can get past the feeling that he is trying to sell you on one of his workshops at least once per chapter, it's a good, easy read. It is balancing as far as changing your perspective on things and learning how not to let you get in the way of yourself.
Chris Webb
Feb 23, 2014 Chris Webb rated it really liked it
I found Baron's writing convincing and empowering and felt truly optimistic while reading it. It really makes me feel like I can be a better version of myself (he wouldn't put it that way). I intend to read this book again because I value the message and wisdom Baron offers in this book.
Ashley
Feb 13, 2016 Ashley added it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
I liked it at first but felt it was a bit preachy towards the third chapter. I don't believe in manifestation of anything and Baptiste wrote a ton about if you're not authentic in life than you won't manifest what you want. That is just not something I can wrap my head around.
Connie Johnson
Jun 16, 2013 Connie Johnson rated it really liked it
Very practical for folks who need to do some self analysis and need practical strategies to negotiate the obstacles of life. I love Barron's easy to read style and prose.
Rachel
Jun 28, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy Read... If you are looking for a direction, then this book can help with perspective. Not just for yogis, but he does reference yoga since he is a world renown teacher.
Wendy Hollister
Jul 02, 2013 Wendy Hollister rated it it was amazing
The principles are easy to follow, to understand and to adapt and integrate into your life. Baron inspires me to live wholeheartedly in all aspects of my life.
Dave Frenz
Aug 24, 2014 Dave Frenz rated it really liked it
Very easy to read and good content. It could use more guides and less drawing on people from past classes. But the messages are 5 star
Grisel
Mar 07, 2014 Grisel added it
Both great books! I enjoyed Women of Pemberley tremendously, but of course, I love any spinoff of Jane Austen.
Katie
Jul 08, 2013 Katie rated it really liked it
Very easy to read. Baron breaks down 9 basic principles to apply to everyday life
Ashley Martin
Ashley Martin rated it really liked it
Suzanne Teare
Suzanne Teare rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2016
Elisha Heebner
Elisha Heebner rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Marie Christine
Marie Christine rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015
ugolinimtl
ugolinimtl rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Denise Tse
Denise Tse rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
gary l hartman
gary l hartman rated it it was ok
Jade Freeman
Jade Freeman rated it really liked it
May 03, 2014
Jacque Price
Jacque Price rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Art of Attention: Book One
  • Aim True: Love Your Body, Eat Without Fear, Nourish Your Spirit, Discover True Balance!
  • Relaxation Revolution: The Science and Genetics of Mind Body Healing
  • Awakening the Spine
  • The Key Poses of Hatha Yoga: Your Guide to Functional Anatomy in Yoga
  • Healthy Happy Sexy: Ayurveda Wisdom for Modern Women
  • Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana
  • Kundalini and the Chakras: Evolution in This Lifetime: A Practical Guide
  • The Power of Ashtanga Yoga: Developing a Practice That Will Bring You Strength, Flexibility, and Inner Peace--Includes the complete Primary Series
  • Meditation As Medicine: Activate the Power of Your Natural Healing Force
  • Co-creating at Its Best: A Conversation Between Master Teachers
  • The Breathing Book: Good Health and Vitality Through Essential Breath Work
  • The Book of Afformations: Discovering the Missing Piece to Abundant Health, Wealth, Love, and Happiness
  • Love Your Enemies: How to Break the Anger Habit & Be a Whole Lot Happier
  • The Living Gita: The Complete Bhagavad Gita - A Commentary for Modern Readers
  • Meditate Your Weight: Your 21-Day Retreat to Shed Pounds, Feel Great, and Lighten Up
  • The Art of Forgiveness, Lovingkindness, and Peace
  • It's Not About the Money: Unlock Your Money Type to Achieve Spiritual and Financial Abundance