Start by marking “Exodus (Arcane, #3)” as Want to Read:
Exodus (Arcane, #3)

Exodus (Arkane #3)

A desperate race to find the Ark of the Covenant – and save the world from a devastating Holy War.

Cairo, Egypt. When the curator of the Museum of Antiquities is slaughtered in a horrific ritual by a group wearing the masks of Ancient Egyptian deities, local authorities ask for help from ARKANE, the agency tasked with investigating religious and paranormal events. Then, in
ebook, Kobo edition
Published (first published December 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Exodus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exodus

Tom Evans
Jan 06, 2013 Tom Evans rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This third book of the series kicks off at the same breakneck pace as its prequels. Obvious parallels with Dan Brown and Raiders of the Lost Ark leak from these pages. If you like both, you will like this book too. It's also a fascinating, well researched romp into the esoteric world.

The heroine is blessed with the indestructibility and stamina of James Bond. Long may she and this series continue. There are many less worthy scripts that make their way to the silver screen, I hope the ARKANE ser
S.L. Beaumont
Aug 06, 2014 S.L. Beaumont rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another thrilling, action packed read from JF Penn. The possible discovery of the Ark of the Covenant threatens to derail a peace summit in Israel. Still recovering from her injuries at the end of the previous story, Morgan sets about stopping her nemesis and finding the Ark first. With Jake out of action she teams up with sexy Egyptian academic Khal. Packed with ancient and biblical references, Exodus is an explosive romp through Egypt, Jordan, Israel and London.
Nigel
Dec 19, 2012 Nigel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read, involving the desperate race to recover the Ark of the Covenant against the back drop of escalating violence in the Middle East and personnel objectives of revenge.
Great research in the development of this book make it totally impossible to put down bring on the next.
A.M.
May 19, 2017 A.M. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, e-books
Morgan has left her partner, Jake, in a coma and even though she’s still recovering from her own wounds, she wants revenge.
A recent group is trying to use the ark of the covenant to start a war. But first they have to find it.
***
(view spoiler)
Brett
Mar 10, 2017 Brett rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Martin's action or more accurately inaction really annoyed me. He did not act like a member or ARKANE would be expected to act.
Eric Praschan
Dec 20, 2013 Eric Praschan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exodus, the third installment in the ARKANE series, packs an emotional, visceral punch. The arc of Morgan’s character develops further, allowing key insights into her psyche, history, and theological conflict. The novel details Morgan’s race to locate the sacred, mysterious Ark of the Covenant before the ruthless mercenary Natasha, her greatest nemesis to date, locates and uses it for wide-scale destructive purposes. From Jerusalem to Egypt, the story sizzles with fleet-footed tempo, stunningly ...more
Kai
Nov 08, 2015 Kai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Ark of Blood begins with Dr. Morgan Sierra on the search for the Ark of the Convenant without her partner Jake Timber. After hearing that the mercenary, Natasha is also looking for the Ark, Morgan is out for revenge. She wanted Natasha to pay for putting Jake in a coma. Someone wants to use the Ark to start a war in the Middle East especially when the region is so unstable.

As Morgan gets closer to locating the Ark, realization set in that there is more at stake than seeking revenge. The Ark is n
Jim Crigler
Dec 24, 2012 Jim Crigler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This, the third ARKANE thriller from JF Penn, is far and away the best of the lot. The story is mostly coherent, and the action is well-written.

The historical exposition sometimes intrudes on the narrative to the point of distraction.

Also (and this I fear puts me in the minority of modern readers), I find the frequent references to the protagonist's (and antagonist's) angst to be tiresome. There is also a behind-the-scenes villain whose motivation and goals I was unable to discern: Near the begi
Leanne Hunt
There were times in this book when I recoiled at the violence taking place, but my overall impression was that it was a worthwhile read,. JF Penn, who has a background in theology and a fascination for unearthing strange and unbelievable facts, takes the reader through some amazing territory in the Middle East. She turns up little-known bits of information about ancient Egyptian rites and weaves in the very real and relevant issues of present-day religious factionalism. I always feel that her no ...more
Neil
Feb 22, 2016 Neil rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally this book was titled Exodus, and is the 3rd instalment of the ARKANE series. In this book we follow the steps of Dr Morgan Sierra, as her usual partner, Jake Timber, lays in a hospital bed recovering from his injuries sustained in "Crypt of Bone". There is a peace initiative about to be signed in Jerusalem, which various factions seek to derail. Their goal includes finding, and returning, the Ark of the Covenant.
Once again Morgan finds herself pitched against her nemesis, the mercene
Georgianna Price
Great third book. I'm really digging Morgan's adventures and watching her as she comes into her own with ARKANE. Missed Jake in this book, but Khal seems awful yummy. It's hard to find as creepy a villain as Natasha, sure wouldn't want to come across her in a dark alley way.

The ARKANE series is a fast paced set of books that mix in a little sleuthing, a lot of religious history and some beautiful locales. I don't think I've read many books that give me a great story while also teaching me thing
CG
Aug 28, 2015 CG rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an exciting book. I received the first 3 in exchange for most honest review and I can honestly say I enjoyed them. Joanna ends each chapter with a mini cliff hanger which makes you want to keep reading, regardless of the time of day or pressing needs. The only thing I didn't really enjoy was the graphic violence so I tended to skim those parts. The books can be read stand alone but for the sake of gradually understanding the characters, their personal development and their growing inter ...more
Monica Rodriguez
The story was enjoyable, dark, with lots of tension. Gets into the head of the killer. The background was well-researched, though there were times when there was more information included than was necessary or pertinent to the story. If you like learning extra tidbits along with a story, you'll enjoy it, especially if you like religious history, but it felt like the history lessons went on a bit long at times.
Alan Baxter
Jan 27, 2013 Alan Baxter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
A great addition to Penn's Morgan Sierra books. The level of research in this one is great and really shows the author's skill in mixing religious mythology with modern thriller action and complicated Middle Eastern politics.

If I have any complaints, it's that the end of this one fell a little bit flat for me, but otherwise a solid, interesting and pacey thriller. I read it one rainy afternoon, for which it was perfect.
Aimee Tourville
Oct 31, 2014 Aimee Tourville rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Joanna Penn has brought the worlds of conspiracy, biblical history and modern history and meshed them together to form a novel that makes the reader stop and wonder what is fact and what is fiction. As a great writer will, Penn is able to manipulate the readers mind and stimulate thought at the same time. I love the development of the characters throughout her books and am excited to see where her hero and heroine take us next.
Steve Toms
Jul 14, 2013 Steve Toms rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-mystery
This is the third installment in Ms Penn's ARKANE series of novels. In this novel, the heroine, Morgan Sierra, is seeking the Ark of the Covenant. Ms Penn does an outstanding job of describing each scene. It is obvious that a great deal of research went into writing this novel. While the plot was fairly predictable, the story moved quickly. It was a good read and I really enjoyed it. I look forward to Ms Penn's next novel in this series.
Mary Collins-davis
J F Penn writes a fascinating religious and historical series of thrilling reads in the ARKANE series! They are fast paced and Penn gives you the complete experience so you feel that you are on the journey along with the characters and her descriptions make you truly visualize the amazing sites, sounds and scenery like you were actually there.
Rene Averett
Nov 23, 2014 Rene Averett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fast moving thriller from J.F. Penn although I didn't find this one quite as riveting as her previous ARCANE novels and I'm not sure why. But it was still a very good read and I recommend it. I just wouldn't reread it. Ms. Penn writes strong, well-defined characters and creates thought-provoking situations that are relevant to our world situation. Good material.
Nov 02, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another fast-paced, fascinating book in this series. I can't say enough good things about it. These books are addictive. Once I start reading them, I don't want to put them down until they're done. And even then, I can't wait to read the next one. As always, I'm looking forward to moving on to the next in the series. They just keep getting better!
Caroline
This series is proving to be compulsive holiday reading - fast-paced and gripping, if slightly formulaic in style. There's also something to be said for a female protagonist, although she seems just like the many male versions of this character in some ways - every man she meets is incredibly good-looking and just waiting to fall into bed with her. Makes a change from the norm, I suppose.
Sherry Vaughan
Feb 07, 2016 Sherry Vaughan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story centers around finding The Ark of the Covenant. It's a race against Morgan Sierra and a small team against Natasha. As they race to decipher the clues which will lead to its location, zealots in Israel are plotting its destruction. Who will recover the Ark first? A taut thriller told with finess and style.
Jim
Oct 18, 2013 Jim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best yet of the ARCANE series as Morgan battles Natasha to locate the lost ark of the covenant and avert war in Jerusalem. Exciting and informative. As always, the author's delineation of what is true and what she made up is appreciated at the end of the book.
Nick
I really enjoyed this third book in the series, not so much as the others but it was still a page turner. Fast and action packed and I love the plot lines any thing steeped in religious myth is always going to get my attention. I look forward to the next book.
Stephanie
Dec 10, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast moving and full of great descriptions and detail, and like all other JF Penn books, the research shows through in every plot twist.
Eddie Paneto
Not as good as the first two books. This one just went on and on and on without adding value to the plot.
Shannon Herrick
Sep 02, 2013 Shannon Herrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
English version of a James Rollins
Jane
Jun 06, 2013 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Number 3 is a grand slam. This one takes you on a wild ride that will leave you breathless....can't WAIT for the next one!
Chris Tickner
Apr 10, 2015 Chris Tickner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant read, great settings and full of historic knowledge, fact or fiction, only the author knows and the reader must accept the clever merging of the two.
Debbie Mcnally
Mar 03, 2015 Debbie Mcnally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Great Audio book gets you thinking about your beliefs
Philip
Nov 25, 2013 Philip rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The trifecta of great reads (Third in the Arkane series) boy I hope she keeps writing these for ever!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Blood Sacrifice (John Jordan Mystery, #5)
  • The Diabolist (Dominic Grey, #3)
  • The Hand of Christ (The Sterling Novels, #1)
  • The Judas Testament
  • The Book of J. (Erin Solomon Pentalogy #5)
  • Passage Graves
  • Black Harvest (The Project, #4)
  • The Deceit
  • Dominus (Dominus #1)
  • Realmshift (The Balance, #1)
  • Destroying Angel (Righteous, #5)
  • The Belial Children (Belial #5)
  • Devil's Hand (Drawing Thin, #1)
  • Transgression (City of God, #1)
  • The Bleiberg Project (Consortium #1)
  • The Loch Ness Legacy (Tyler Locke, #4)
I'm the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the ARKANE thriller series, and the London Crime Thriller series.

The fast-paced ARKANE thrillers weave together historical artifacts, global locations, a kick-ass protagonist and a hint of the supernatural. Described by readers as a female Indiana Jones meets The Da Vinci Code.

One Day In Budapest is a chilling view of a possible future as
More about J.F. Penn...

Arkane (9 books)
  • Stone of Fire (Arkane, #1)
  • Crypt of Bone (Arkane #2)
  • One Day In Budapest (Arcane, #4)
  • Day of the Vikings (Arkane, #5)
  • Gates of Hell (Arkane #6)
  • One Day in New York (Arkane #7)
  • Destroyer of Worlds (Arkane, #8)
  • End of Days (Arkane #9)