Start by marking “Fighting Fate” as Want to Read:
Fighting Fate

Fighting Fate

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  278 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Two years ago, Sarah Heath’s life was close to perfect. Now, she’s running from her old life. Not sure where else to go, she decides to move back to Laurel, where she plans to renovate the farmhouse her grandmother left her. She has a new job and is looking forward to a new start in life. The last thing she expects is to bump into her old high school flame.

Cole Montgomery
Published September 28th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Fighting Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting Fate

Jennifer Weaver
Dec 29, 2013 Jennifer Weaver rated it really liked it
I am a sucker for high school sweethearts and second chance romances; old farm houses and grandmothers; sweet sassy sisters ; step- moms who are really moms; suspense; and true love..... add those all up and this book is what you get. Add to your must read list now!
Mackenzie
Feb 19, 2014 Mackenzie rated it it was amazing
I read a couple of books by Amity Hope before Fighting Fate and I loved them so I was really looking forward to reading this one too. I wasn't disappointed. Amity Hope has a knack for bringing her characters alive. Sarah and Cole are no exception. Even the secondary characters have such a strong voice that, no matter how little they are in the story, they are so easy to imagine. The story was easy to get into as well. It wasn't super original but it was well done. The end was super sweet; just t ...more
Sherri McCann
May 16, 2015 Sherri McCann rated it really liked it
Good love story.

I chose this rating because it was a good read for a short story.
However, I had it pegged who the culprit was before they pulled up to the burning farm house.

It was pretty obvious who it was because the author completely left out the true culprit. During the mention of all the possibilities.

What actually made it loose the star was not revealing the total value of everything that was accumulated. Also, it was never made known at any chance that was made possible what was in the
Julie
May 18, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
Finally, a book where the love interest isn't a controlling asshole!
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Dec 16, 2013 RedRedtheycallmeRed rated it really liked it
This the fourth book I've read by Amity Hope (Twisted, Crushed, Ditched being the others), and it is by far my favorite. I was surprised at how much I liked it.

Sarah moves back to her hometown to start over. She runs into her high school boyfriend Cole (who broke her heart) and they start to reconnect. I loved Sarah and Cole. They were both in their mid-20's, and acted like mature adults. Sarah had dealt with a lot of loss in her life, but it didn't make her bitter. She was strong and self-suffi
Brittney
Nov 28, 2014 Brittney rated it it was amazing
Loved! First of all, I'm fascinated by a good small town story ... And a first love. Fighting Fate managed to combine both aspects into a beautifully sweet story that took me on a journey through past and present. I devoured this book while rooting for Cole the entire time. I'm looking forward to reading more of Amity Hope's work!

Brittney Joy
Author of Red Rock Ranch Series
Mary
Oct 14, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it
I swear Amity Hope just gets better with each book she writes.

What I liked:

I love the story that Amity created. It's not just a romance, there is some suspense to it too! Sarah comes back to her hometown to a new job and a HUGE project of redoing a farmhouse. She seems happy ... until she sees Cole!

Oh Cole!!!! *swoon* I have a new fictional boyfriend on my list!!! Cole is amazing but is trying to fix some things that happened in his past. Sarah is one of those.

Now, on top of all that, there ar
Dena
Jul 15, 2014 Dena rated it liked it
It's a good story, just took a little while. Liked it, but did not love it. Quick summer time read
Brooke
Sep 24, 2014 Brooke rated it did not like it
I liked the plot, but I DID NOT like all the bad words.
Albina
Aug 16, 2014 Albina rated it liked it
Gemma
Jan 14, 2014 Gemma rated it liked it
3 stars just about far to predictable for me and it felt like u never really get to know the characters just ok for me sorry
Shannon Deatherage
Jan 01, 2014 Shannon Deatherage rated it really liked it
Ok this was a good one! Tragedy, betrayal and heart ache that leads to rekindling an old love. Great characters, great story! I would definitely recommend this one.
Teya Peck
May 01, 2015 Teya Peck rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the story line. I me high school loves getting back together who DOESN't love that stuff. I was just frustrated with all the swearing. Could have done with all that at least the bomb word was not in it.
Jan 10, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I really like Amity Hope's writing skills.
Melissa Smith
Apr 27, 2014 Melissa Smith rated it it was amazing
Loved this book a lot and definitely love Cole & Sarah together, also loved the flashbacks and how they got back together. One of my faves by Amity Hope a definite must read
Sally Grimes
Jan 21, 2014 Sally Grimes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
love the twist and turns of this book
Tammie
Aug 21, 2014 Tammie rated it liked it
This book started off great. I wasn't disapointed but I thought the ending wrapped up too quick. Overall good read.
Krista Gervais
Jan 08, 2015 Krista Gervais rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Cute. Maybe some things a bit fast paced and a little predicatble but I enjoyed it.
Josie S
Oct 04, 2013 Josie S rated it it was amazing
I love second chance romance stories. This one did not disappoint.
Heidi14
Nov 18, 2013 Heidi14 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. This was a sweet story and I enjoyed its ups and downs.
Lori ~Lover of Books~
Jeanette Book-Reviews
Nov 08, 2013 Jeanette Book-Reviews rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
Sonia
Sonia marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Hannah Cook
Hannah Cook marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
AP
AP marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
  • Say Yes (Glenbrook Girls, #1)
  • First Position
  • Be Here Now
  • Burning Barriers (Barriers #3)
  • Wounded But Not Scarred (New Adult Rockers, #2)
  • Second Chance Romance
  • Waiting for Grace
  • Undertow
  • Storm Front (Reunited Hearts, #1)
  • Gina and Mike (Yearbook, #1)
  • The Long Road Home
  • Holding Her Close (Bits & Bytes, #0)
  • Back To U
  • Don't Beat Yourself Up
  • Learn to Fly
  • Not Your Fault
  • Two Week Trial  (Love Beyond Barriers, #1)
  • Mangled Hearts (Scarred Hearts, #1)