Start by marking “Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Tula Pink's City Sampl...

Tula Pink

Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks

Create a sampler quilt as unique as you are! Tula Pink gives you an inspiring quilt block collection with Tula Pink's City Sampler. Make a beautiful, modern quilt of your own design with the 100 original quilt blocks or try one of the 5 city-themed sampler quilts designed by Tula.

A note from Tula:

"You will notice...that the blocks are not named but simply numbered. This i
Published May 27th 2014 by David & Charles Publishers (first published April 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tula Pink's City Sampler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tula Pink's City Sampler

Jkrontirislitowitz
Aug 03, 2016 Jkrontirislitowitz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quilt-books
I want to reread this book

Blocks that I liked
5, 21, 28, 29, 32, 36, 65, 74, 97, 92,

Great ideas for alternative placement of blocks on quilts. Look at good ideas in
Trellis
Skyline p 385
Gridlock p393
City planner p 400
Sliding scale p 400
Lyndsie
Jan 31, 2017 Lyndsie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great for modern quilters

This book is filled with 100 quilt blocks, pieces very simply with all straight lines. The fabrics used in the sample blocks aren't my style at all. But using fabrics that I love, I can see so many possibilities! I love the non-traditional quilt settings, too. I need to add these blocks to my list of "to-make" projects!
Candy
Jan 22, 2017 Candy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quilting
This gal is an amazing talent. These quilt blocks are fascinating and so enlightening for me. So creative.
If you get your own copy, she has given you places to make notes about each block.
One thing I noticed is that she puts same color blocks side by side, and then quilts them so they look like one unit. This book squeezed my brain, in a good way.
Teena
Dec 13, 2016 Teena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My quilt group is having a quilt-a-long based on this book in 2017. I can't wait.
Nicole
Feb 15, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book for the fabric alone. The way she works with color and pattern is so inspiring. Also what I love about this book is its so user friendly. If you only want to use a handful of the blocks you can do that or if you want to make a quilt exactly like hers there is instructions for that as well. I've been looking for a quilt to make for my sons that's masculine but visually pleasing at the same time and I think Tula's style was just what I was looking for.
Oct 01, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
The variety of quilt blocks was impressive and I liked her options at the end for assembling them into quilts. I found the drawings a little bit confusing for assembly. And although the variety was impressive, it was a bit overwhelming too.

Read in September 2013.
Newport Librarians
A wonderful assortment of modern quilt block designs that can be used as the basis for a quilt or as a sampler. Easy to follow, just by looking at the close up photos, though measurements are given for cutting as well. Great for beginners or advanced quilters!
Kristina H
Sep 03, 2015 Kristina H rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Modern mix

I enjoyed this fresh take on modern quilt blocks. Some are simple, while others more detailed. Basic sashing is taught to balance the blocks. Can't wait to try a few.
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Jonquil
Jonquil rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2016
Aleeda
Aleeda rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Sharon Parcel
Sharon Parcel rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2016
Jody Guerrera
Jody Guerrera rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Marie Z. Johansen
Marie Z. Johansen rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2016
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2013
Irene
Irene rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2017
Cathy Musson
Cathy Musson rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2017
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016
Lena Lenkol
Lena Lenkol rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2016
Deborah
Deborah rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Jonna Gjevre
Jonna Gjevre rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2013
Becky Bradley
Becky Bradley rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
dria
dria rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Laura Hilton
Laura Hilton rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2016