Start by marking “Union Bust (The Destroyer, #7)” as Want to Read:
Union Bust (The Destroyer, #7)

Union Bust (The Destroyer #7)

Eugene Jethro is a rising star in the union movement—personable, charming, possessed of an unerring feel for the levers of power. He's emerged from obscurity almost overnight, set on winning the presidency of the International Brotherhood of Drivers. But that's not the limit of his ambitions. He's already building a mysterious headquarters complex, union brothers who don't ...more
Published February 12th 2013 by Gere Donovan Press (first published December 1st 1972)

To ask other readers questions about Union Bust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Union Bust

Oct 18, 2016 KEVIN rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to enjoy this book as it seemed just the kind of knuckle dragging thriller I enjoy. But Remo is just too perfect a killing machine. His many assailants present practically no challenge for him and he operates with an annoying smugness. His hippy mentor guru is even more annoying. I prefer my heroes to be put through the wringer and lose a fight every now and again. Prevailing against the odds rather than have it all handed to them on a plate. I understand how popular this series was and ...more
Will Hudson
Feb 06, 2011 Will Hudson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You have to love the introduction to Nuihc!!!!
My Rating Scale:
1 Star - Horrible book, It was so bad I stopped reading it. I have not read the whole book and wont
2 Star - Bad book, I forced myself to finish it and do NOT recommend. I can't believe I read it once
3 Star - Average book, Was entertaining but nothing special. No plans to ever re-read
4 Star - Good Book, Was a really good book and I would recommend. I am Likely to re-read this book
5 Star - GREAT book, A great story and well written. I can't wait for the next book. I Will Re-Read th
"Συνδικαλιστικό κίνημα", εκδόσεις ΒΙΠΕΡ.

Έβδομο βιβλίο της σειράς Εξολοθρευτής, τέταρτο που διαβάζω εγώ. Δεν μου φάνηκε τόσο καλό όσο τα άλλα τρία προηγούμενα βιβλία της σειράς που έχω διαβάσει, αλλά και πάλι ήταν μια ευχάριστη ανάγνωση.

Μια συνδικαλιστική σούπερ ένωση, που θα αποτελείται από τις τέσσερις ενώσεις μεταφορών, είναι έτοιμη να δημιουργηθεί. Στην CURE πιστεύουν ότι κάτι τέτοιο θα ήταν ικανό να παραλύσει το κράτος. Έτσι αναλαμβάνει την υπόθεση ο Ρέμο, μαζί με τον Κορεάτη δάσκαλό του Τσ
Timothy Boyd
Feb 08, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the big men's adventure series from the 70's than ran an impressive 145 books. The series while an adventure/action story is also full of satire toward much of the mainstream fads and icons of the time. An interesting main character and the sarcastic mentor makes this a funny action/adventure read. This is a key book in the series as it introduces the evil renegade Master Nuihc. Recommended
Nov 15, 2015 Frank rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this hack series faithfully for years. Now I hear a movie (another move) is in the works. Not a bad read, And emojis a sympath tic character
Michael Fortenberry
above average for the series. This is one of my favorites.
Нуич - племянник Чиуна плетет какую-то интригу с профсоюзами. Римо всех мочит как всегда. Нуич исчезает, но, видимо, вернется.
Nuihc, #1

A transportation superunion is being planned. Smith is worried that it could cripple the nation. Remo is sent to find out about it and stop the ones responsible. He meets Nuihc, the man behind the superunion, Who almost kills Remo.

Another great book. We get to hear more about the village of Sinanju and some of its history and traditions. The first super villain, Chiun's nephew, an evil Master of Sinanju. Chiun cannot lift a hand against him.

Warning, sex and graphic gory violence.
May 28, 2013 Joshua rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite Remo book so far. I enjoyed the villain because he was new and different. Hopefully I will find more books with Nuihc. Remo almost died. It was a real struggle and I appreciate the drama.
Jeff Chase
Jun 13, 2014 Jeff Chase rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this entry in the series for several reasons. I enjoyed the early 70s look at labor unions, we learned more about Chiun's back story, and how can you not like the Scarlet Ribbons technique?
Apr 30, 2012 Marko rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read in order, the #6 is one of the best Destroyer books thus far, professing humour, thoughtfulness and action in very nice quota - the recipe of all good Remo books.
James Love
The first appearance of Nuihc. The attempted creation of a Superunion could spell financial ruin for America.
Trey Patton
Jan 24, 2013 Trey Patton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four for it just being fun
Darren marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Dean ONeill
Dean ONeill rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2016
Keith Cornell
Keith Cornell rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Rob marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Stephen Boiko
Stephen Boiko rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Fred Underwood
Fred Underwood rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Ron Judenberg
Ron Judenberg marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Larry rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2016
Primus added it
Aug 01, 2016
Jonathan Young
Jonathan Young rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Beorn added it
Jul 29, 2016
Loreen rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Fernando Pascual
Fernando Pascual marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
  • White Water  (The Destroyer, #106)
  • The Return of the Emperor (Sten, #6)
  • The Shanghai Union of Industrial Mystics (Feng Shui Detective, #4)
  • War Against the Mafia (The Executioner, #1)
  • The Man of Bronze (Doc Savage, #1)
  • Moonshadow: Rise of the Ninja (Moonshadow, #1)
  • The Albino Knife
  • North 40
  • Girl Punches Out
  • Freakangels Complete Box Set
  • Hunt at World's End (Gabriel Hunt, #3)
  • The Kundalini Equation
  • By the Sword (Repairman Jack, #12)
  • The Groo Adventurer (Groo the Wanderer, #1-4)
Warren Murphy was an American author, most famous as the co-creator of The Destroyer series, the basis for the film Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins. He worked as a reporter and editor and after service during the Korean War, he drifted into politics.

Murphy also wrote the screenplay for Lethal Weapon 2. He is the author of the Trace and Digger series. With Molly Cochran, he completed two books
More about Warren Murphy...

The Destroyer (1 - 10 of 150 books)
  • Created, the Destroyer (The Destroyer, #1)
  • Death Check (The Destroyer, #2)
  • Chinese Puzzle (The Destroyer, #3)
  • Mafia Fix (The Destroyer, #4)
  • Dr. Quake (The Destroyer, #5)
  • Death Therapy (The Destroyer, #6)
  • Summit Chase (The Destroyer, #8)
  • Murder's Shield (The Destroyer, #9)
  • Terror Squad (The Destroyer, #10)
  • Kill or Cure (The Destroyer, #11)