Start by marking “Chasing Justice (Piper Anderson, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Justice (Piper Anderson, #1)

Chasing Justice (Piper Anderson #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  1,588 ratings  ·  179 reviews
Piper Anderson has been given a fresh start in the picturesque town of Edenville, North Carolina. But her plans of settling into a normal life are derailed when she witnesses a prominent judge in her community committing a violent assault. Running from her own past and fueled by a passion to make the judge answer for his crimes, Piper is forced to decide if she’ll play by ...more
Published April 11th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Justice

Chasing Justice by Danielle  StewartCutting Ties by Danielle  StewartGentling the Cowboy by Ruth CardelloMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloRise of the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello
Platypire Reviews' Top Books of October 2013
1st out of 293 books — 278 voters
The Billionaire Wins the Game by Melody AnneMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloRise of the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloSeptember Again by Hunter S. JonesChasing Justice by Danielle  Stewart
Summer List
5th out of 461 books — 450 voters

More lists with this book...

Musing
WOW! What a brilliant debut novel by talented writer Danielle Stewart. If you enjoy Romantic Suspense, you will be incredibly impressed with this work.

Chasing Justice began in first person with the voice of the feisty, intelligent and likeable heroine, Piper Anderson. Switching to third person for the remainder of the story, Stewart created a believable twisty plot, with superb storyline and character development. She built the tension well, and resolved 'the situation' in a clever way.

Piper A
Kinsey Faucette
Amazing story! I loved Piper! I adored Bobby, Michael, Betty, and Jules. And the romance evolution between Piper and Bobby was realistic. And the fact that there was an actual story base behind the romance made for a much better read!
Tracey Quintin
This book is a MUST READ! I am very picky in what I choose to read. This book's cover captured my attention first. Then from the prologue on I was HOOKED!

The storyline was so realistic as were the characters. As I was reading it I felt "there" in the story observing all going on. I could picture the settings in my head!

The book had the perfect balance of dialog and descriptions. I don't like books that are mainly descriptions and not enough dialog. Many authors have a hard time finding this bal
Victor
One of my best read for this year. A really good plot and story. It's plot is rough (along the Penn State child abuse scandal) but it is handled well. Much to say but instead I will just recommend this book for its suspense and feel good people. The characters are strong yet compassionate people with some good down home charm. The sexual tension is forefront throughout but keeps you hanging. Only regret is this book has two plots going on through the book but resolves only one with a hanger for ...more
Kristina
I couldn't put this book down. I was intrigued by the main character, charmed by those who became her friends, and repulsed by the villain. This is a well written tale of corruption, courage, and intrigue stocked with believable characters. I was a bit annoyed that the strong female main character one time did put herself in a compromising position and had to be rescued, but generally speaking, she's a pinnacle of strength, smarts, and determination in the face of some very dangerous situations. ...more
Valerie
First off, I am just going to scream about the ending!! How can you end it like that, there is no closer I need more!! I wanted the progression between Piper and Bobby!! Damn cliffhangers, hahaha!!! It is going to drive me nuts waiting for the second book in this series, specially when she ended it on such an a crazy event!! I have got to learn to wait till all the books are out before reading, I guess I enjoy torturing myself, lol!!

Okay on to the review, so let me think.....

I really enjoyed thi
Lindsey
Wow...this is a reallly great book :)

We begin the story with Piper, a girl with a dark past that is still controlling her life. There is nothing special that sets her above the crowd, she isn't drop dead gorgeous, she doesn't know what direction her life is going, but she has a powerful heart. Her determination, the simple pleasures that make her beyond happy (the porch swing), her resourcefulness, and her struggles to adjust to a normal human life make Piper a beautifully rounded character tha
Sharon
Chasing Justic is the first book in the Piper Anderson Series! This was a great book to read! I had hard time putting this book down! I enjoyed reading the story and watching it all fold out in front you! Through each new chapter more and more is revealed! I enjoyed reading about Piper and Bobby! I love both Bobby and Michael characters! I loved watching Piper's interaction with both men! I like Bobby and Michael both find something special about Piper even if Piper can't see it herself! They ar ...more
Jen
I couldn't put this book down. I wanted to keep reading and reading and that's just what I did. Looking forward to what happens next. I hope book two is out soon! This book had just enough romance for me and plenty of suspense which I loved! The plot twists kept me intrigued.
Becky Schisler
Loved this book! Amazing characters, tons of suspense, budding romance, and plenty of humor. Not to mention a cliff hanger that will make you want to pull your hair out waiting for the next book! Can't wait to read more by this author.
Nichole Hartmann
I am in love with this book and its characters. If I could crawl right in I would have! I can't wait to see what happens next.
Ginny  (Gin's Book Notes)
Oh my goodness! Mrs.. Stewart! The cliffhanger!!! The very first thing I did after reading this book was to go on Amazon and look for book 2, and darn it, it hasn’t been released yet.

Chasing Justice, is a story that offers some of everything I enjoy in a book. It has romance, mystery, and suspense and a great group of characters that you will find yourself thinking about days after you finish the book.

I will admit that at first I had a hard time connecting with Piper but once she started interac
Jenn Morris-duffey
This book was awesome! I immediately went to look for the next book since it left me hanging.come to find out I had to wait almost 2 weeks for book 2 cutting ties,which finally I got today and finished.amen to Danielle Stewart for writing the best book I have read this year. Can't wait for book 3;)
Sarah Magner
Really enjoyed this book! I'm pretty hit or miss when it comes to mysteries but Piper was a wonderful starring character and its hard to resist Bobby and Michael!
Marilyn
First, I can't believe that this book was free!! It was an excellent read... I couldn't put it down once I started it... It has so many twist and turns and unexpected things going on...I was on the edge of my seat...holding my breath...I went through every emotion and I felt like I was there. I was waiting for something else at the end...[I don't want to spoil it] I liked the cliff hanger ending, I had hoped that Piper would get some closure...Next Book!!
Lucy
This book and Author was recommended to me and i'm so glad i listened, WOW what a book I LOVED IT, Danielle Stewart writes a great book i can't wait to read more of her books, i just hope i don't have to wait too long hehe.
This book kept me on the edge of my seat, with all the twist and turns, I highly recommend this book
Shelli
This is Danielle 1st book. She hit it out of the park. I was drawn into the story from start and literally could not put down. I keep say 1 more chapter. Well that never happened. Excellent plot and characters.
To see the rest of my review & other visit my blog http://sharingabitofromance.blogspot....
Andrea Mcbride
Omg! I was so intrigued by this story I'm having a book hangover lol Loved the writing it felt like I was in a movie! It had details very good details that it felt like I was there witnessing everything first hand ! I soo can not wait till book number 2! Ill be not so patiently waiting !!!!
Brookie
Loved it, loved it, LOVED it! Piper was amazing character and I loved her curiosity. I loved how Stewart sort of stayed true to the title of Chasing Justice by not overwhelming the story with too much romance. I loved Betty and her odd sayings as well!
Donna Porter
This was a great start to a good mystery romance story. It held my interest throughout and I bought the next book, because I had to keep going. The main person is Piper and she falls for Bobby. they are very believable characters. this book is a good read
Marci

Great adventure
I was expecting the usual some drama then romance but this book had so many twist and turns omg it was great. I could not put it down. You have serial killer, corruption,murder,mystery. I really recommend his book.
Joyelle
This book was amazing. I couldn't put this book down. I cannot wait for the next book to come out
Rebecca
Could not put it down. Can't wait for book #2!
Kaylee
Happier than a dead pig in sunshine!!! This was an Amazon freebie that has surpassed any and all expectations that I had for it. Incredible book that wove together romance, lost innocence, mystery, intrigue, and the fight for justice. I really don't want to give away any of the details of the book so I'll be broad in my plot summary.

The story opens with Piper. She appears to be a typical disgruntled, emotionally scattered young woman that has just up and quit college. Within the first few chapt
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Chasing Justice was a very fun read. I enjoyed it a lot, and I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
It starts with Piper deciding she's going to take justice into her own hands, because she knows the law system fails people very easily. But she seems to have bitten off more than she can chew, so her comes Bobby to help her out with things, but Bobby isn't all cracked up about her idea of justice, since he's a law abiding COP. Things take a not so great turn in their relationship
Meriehellene
Piper, a strong, brave young woman has seen justice averted too many times. When she sees a crime committed outside her window, she decides to deal out justice on her own. Along the way she meets Bobby a by the book rookie cop dealing with corruption that he is not yet aware; Betty, the waitress with Southern flavor and Julie her daughter, both dealing with loss in their own ways; and Michael, her first friend in town. These characters are well developed particularly Piper whom I liked right awa ...more
Maari
Ms. Stewart, I can't believe this is a debut, WOW!!

What an Amazing romantic-suspense!! This book ended much too soon for me!! From the very first page to the last, this story held onto me.. I need to know what happens next! Ah! Now on to Cutting Ties!! ;)
Jean Oram
A mystery with a sweet romance mixed in. Piper doesn't like to get close to people. She's started a new life and is going to school. Only she sees that the law isn't something that can always save those in need. With her own sense of justice, she begins taking matters into her own hands. Only problem is that crush she's developing on a police officer. And his sense of justice is very black and white.

When the chips are down, will she run? Will she accept the help of her friends? And will she let
Michele Williams
I like Chasing Justice. Piper, a young woman relocated to the South with Witness Protection, was an interesting character who decides to go vigilante on a corrupt town and involves Bobby, a rookie cop - one of the good ones - who she seems to be falling for. There are some interesting secondary characters that help out. All in all I thought it was a good read but it kind of left you hanging at the end. Ir seems like there should be a part two but no mention at the end of the book. Hopefully it w ...more
The Happy Housewi...: Free Ebook - Chasing Justice 2 5 Nov 17, 2014 05:44PM
Piper Anderson Se...: Why you connected with the series? 5 13 Mar 22, 2014 06:59PM
  • If We Dare to Dream: The Evans Family, Book One
  • The Lies that Save Us (Broken Heart, #1)
  • Can't Let Go
  • InSight
  • Saving Grace (Serve and Protect, #2)
  • Being Chased (CEP, #1)
  • Losing Faith (Seth & Trista, #1)
  • Heartbreak, Tennessee
  • Horses and Heroin (Racetrack Romance, #4)
  • Two Weeks with a SEAL (Wakefield Romance, #1)
  • Finding Pride (The Pride #1)
  • The Good Daughter (Vista Security, #1)
  • She Belongs to Me: A Southern Romantic-Suspense Novel - Charlotte - Book One
  • Twice Tempted (Holland Springs, #2)
  • Someone to Believe In (O'Neil Family, #1)
  • Tell Me No Lies
  • Undertow
  • Got a Hold on You
Writing is a way to make a lot of different people do exactly what you want them to do. When I can’t get my toddler to listen to me, I turn to my characters. They always cooperate!

I currently live in Charlotte, North Carolina with my husband and three year old son. I have perfected the ability to write in a noisy house and create story lines while folding laundry.

Piper Anderson Series:
Book 1: Chas
More about Danielle Stewart...
Cutting Ties (Piper Anderson, #2) Hearts of Clover: Half My Heart & Change My Heart (Clover Series, #1-2) Changing Fate (Piper Anderson, #3) Choosing Christmas (Piper Anderson, #3.5) Settling Scores (Piper Anderson, #5)

“Trying to get her to understand is like trying to nail jelly to a tree.” 2 likes
“it was for my desire to fit into my skinny jeans. I was the warden in my own prison. That” 1 likes