Start by marking “Nothing Hurts But My Heart” as Want to Read:
Nothing Hurts But My Heart

Nothing Hurts But My Heart

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Lisa Conklin is sure that this is a nightmare. An important gymnastics meet is only a few weeks away, and now there is something wrong with her back. The doctors are saying it's scoliosis and that Lisa might have to give up competing. But nothing hurts, Lisa tells herself.
Published December 31st 1995 by Pages Publishing Group (first published December 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Nothing Hurts But My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing Hurts But My Heart

Nicola
Classic bait and switch: an author wants to write a book about a certain subject (X), but realizes that few people will buy a book about X, so s/he pretends the book is about a much more popular subject, Y.

Nothing Hurts But My Heart is a book about scoliosis, but it's pretending to be a book about gymnastics. As a book about scoliosis, it's servicable enough: author insert Lisa is a 13-year-old diagnosed with scoliosis, who has to wear a back brace, but learns that it doesn't have to ruin her li
A_Nicholle
I read this book as a young teen and remember loving it.
Annie
I absolutely loved this book! I haven't read it in awhile and I plan to go back and re-read it sometime soon but back when I first read it, I loved it. It was emotional and cute. I recommended it if you want a quick read.
Lisa Asanuma
Loved this book as a kid. Hardly remember a single detail beyond the cover blurb, but I loved, loved, loved it.

Didn't even remember the girl's name was Lisa. Funny.
Sally
I remember reading this book and loving it! Then I lent it to my teacher or somebody (because her son had scoliosis) and she never gave it back!
Makaila Huffman
I lov this book :) Its my favorite book but I wish they made more books tht added on to this one :/ but I rate it *****
Ahsen
I really liked it even if it's written for children.
Q
Read it once, maybe twice, when I was younger.
Clif and Laura
Clif and Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Brin
Brin marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Katty Yu
Katty Yu marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Ashlyn
Ashlyn added it
Oct 06, 2014
Renee Romero
Renee Romero marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I Won't Let Them Hurt You Emily's Secret: No One Can Find Out Best Friends Don't Tell Lies The Secret of Seaside Long Road to Freedom: Journey of the Hmong