Red Shirt Kids

Red Shirt Kids

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Sixth-graders Mike and Amy must learn to use their special powers to save other children

Mike and Amy Smith are nervous about moving from their nice house in Boston to a dilapidated old mansion in Falton, New Hampshire. They know they’ll have to start the sixth and seventh grade not knowing anyone, and their new house is just plain creepy.

While searching their dusty attic,...more
Published September 23rd 2013 by Sourced Media Books (first published August 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Red Shirt Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Shirt Kids

Hannah Clark
I really loves this book. There's a few sentimental aspects of Red Shirt Kids that made me inclined to like it, but it really is a super cool fantastical mystery. Clark's fresh and modern links to Arthurian myth and Scottish history were so fun and unexpected. I loved every minute I got to spend with the Red Shirt Kids and devoured their adventure in one sitting. I can't wait to read it to my son! I am hoping there is a sequel. :-)

Kim
What I love most about this book is that these are stories that the author's father told him and his siblings as bedtime stories. My kids love bedtime stories and this book fits perfectly with bedtime, each chapter is just a few pages so it is realistic to read one chapter each night without it taking up too much time or having to stop in the middle of a chapter.

I love telling my kids stories about their grandparents, great grandparents, etc, but I don't have anything to show them. One was a pa...more
Jill Miskin
I give this three and a half stars. I really liked the story behind the story. The author's father told his kids about the red shirt kids when they were little. Bryce then used those stories as inspiration for and content in the book.

The story is about Mike and Amy, who have recently moved with their parents into a new home. They discover a trunk in the attic along with some mysterious things going on in town. The lights are disappearing, along with a couple of kids. The chapters are short and...more
Nicole
Such a fun, quick read. It's perfect for kids. Either for you to read out loud or for them to read by themselves. The author is local and we got to meet him. I am excited to read the second one to my children when it comes out.
Jenwatson
This was a fun, quick read book! It had very short chapters, easy for children to understand, and it was a great story. We met the author and he said that he was working on the second book right now. I'll be excited to read that one too.
Lisa
I think this is the perfect book to get older elementary age kids excited about reading. Great to read to them before bedtime and leave them anxious to know what will happen next.
Kati
Kati marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Marsha Caton
Marsha Caton marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Julia
Julia added it
Apr 12, 2014
Lindsay Malouf
Lindsay Malouf marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Sadie
Sadie marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Yudy
Yudy marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Eliza Grover
Eliza Grover marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Tony Derricott
Tony Derricott marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
Lori Weight
Lori Weight marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013