Start by marking “Una Aventura Complicada: (A Complicated Adventure)” as Want to Read:
Una Aventura Complicada: (A Complicated Adventure)

Una Aventura Complicada: (The Pearl House #2)

Nadie dijo que amar fuera fácil

Lucas Atraeus y Carla Ambrosi habían tenido una tórrida aventura secreta, hasta que sus familias se habían visto unidas por un matrimonio y por los negocios. De repente, la situación se había complicado. Consumido por el pasado, Lucas no había permitido nunca que su corazón dominase a su cabeza; esa aventura debía terminar. No era fácil despe
Published October 22nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Una Aventura Complicada, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Una Aventura Complicada

Saly
There were times I seriously wanted to harm the hero for the treatment of the heroine but the reason I am giving this book 4 stars is because it pulled me in, the way it was written, full of angst and drama.

The h/H met two years ago when their siblings were engaged and one night the anal type-A heroine gave up her virginity to the hero and became embroiled in a two year secret affair. Secret because the broken engagement between their siblings had hurt the heroine's sister and she did not want t
Tia
May 08, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hero and heroine were lovers and when the relationship was becoming much more intimate than the hero intended, he decided to break it off. So he involved another woman and hurt her immensely. Then he found out she might be pregnant, so he asked her to marry him. Only to find out he was going to ask the other woman to marry him. When the heroine finds out she's not pregnant, she leaves him. Only for out hero to discover he does in face love our heroine.

The hero was such a dick! I'm serious, h
Kate
Jun 30, 2012 Kate rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating -- 2.5 stars

I wanted to like this book, but I could only take so many conversations that include the following phrases, statements or questions: (view spoiler)
Susan
This was a good book, mostly. I liked Carla. She had been with Lucas, even though it was secretly, for two years. She knew she was in love with him, and even though he had been rather reserved lately, she thought he loved her too. Then he suddenly broke things off and was seen with another woman. Lucas felt things were getting too serious with Carla, who reminded him of a bad experience with a woman several years earlier. He felt fine with an affair, but when he started getting too emotionally i ...more
Patrice
Sep 16, 2012 Patrice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance kovers
This is a Harlequin Desire book the second in The Pearl House series by Fiona Brand. I found this to be a quick read. You dive right in and it keeps you going. I love books that grab you and hold your attention throughout the story.
This was the story of Carla Ambrosi and Lucas Atraeus. When they first meet it is during a time when their families are feuding and it wouldn’t benefit anyone to know that the two of them were carrying on an affair. So for personal reasons for both of them, they kep
Booklover
This was a good story,adored Carla,she stood up for what she believed but when it came to Lucas she was weak,Lucas a jerk almost till the end otherwise the book had me gripped from start till the end,Lucas's actions has made me doubt his love for Carla and also there was no grovelling which disappointed me.

Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Jerk, selfish, manipulative, SOB...
Linda
Sep 12, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two years ago, Lucas Atraeus had a mad secret affair with Carla Ambrosi. Their families were riyals in the business world until Ambrosi Pearls hit financial troubles and his brother's engagement to her sister fell apart. Lucas had vowed after his marriage to a spoiled party girl when she died in a car accident that he wouldn't ever trust his heart and he knew Carla said she didn't want committeemen but her eye's betrayed her...........

Carla Ambrosi missed Lucas since he had been in the states fo
Julie Barrett
A Tangled Affair by Fiona Brand
Couldn't really get into this book as I felt bombarded with a ton of names that didn't seem to pair up with who they were to pair up with, their spouses. Although a bunch of places are mentioned there is no real detail to them, as to take me away from where I'm physically at right now. I didn't feel any part of this book. I did read she had to break up the couple because she just might be pregnant but he was going to marry the other woman anyways.
That just doesn't
Goobledybook
Nov 21, 2013 Goobledybook rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second book in the Pearl House miniseries. It was better than the first book, 'Breathless Bride', which I felt was a 3-star book. The characters were more fleshed out, and in a 150pg book, all the content matters. Although Lucas was infuriating at times, the writing was compelling enough that I never disliked him...surprisingly. I really liked Carla. She is hard working, loyal and doesn't take Lucas's shit--what's not to like?

Hope the next book is about Zane, the third brother, even though the b
Kristin Anders
This book was reviewed by me for The Season for Romance. Once the review is posted I will post the text here.

Unless it takes too long, then I will post the text and hope they get around to posting the review on their site.

Disclaimer: No compensation was received for this review. eARC courtesy of The Season for Romance.

Adriana
Sep 08, 2012 Adriana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I disliked both of the main characters from the start and the over-the-top drama that permeates the entire storyline was worse than a sacharine overdose.
I found this book had no redeeming qualities. Everything from how the heroine could never commit to one thought to how the so-called hero acted like a caveman towards his supposed love was enough to make this a book that I regret the 30 minutes I spent reading it.
Kathy B. (Tx)
Sep 07, 2012 Kathy B. (Tx) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was sent this book by Harlequin to read and review. I was a bit lost at the beginning because it was the middle book of a 3 book miniseries, but after all was read and done, I did enjoy the story. I'm a fairly new regular reader of the Desire line, but I can already tell these books are for me. I enjoy reading about people that are wwwaaayyy richer than I am, and all the family dramas that go with that wealth.
Cami
This Harlequin Desire book was an easy, fast, and uncomplicated read. Lucas Atraeus was a bit too pushy and overbearing for me and Carla Ambrosi seemed to forgive too easily. I prefer female characters to have a bit more backbone. It wasn't too terribly exciting, but it did have some poignant moments near the end. As expected, everyone lived happily-ever-after.
Mem
Oct 26, 2013 Mem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HD2166 Jun12 read #3 first so I'm reading these backwards. Lucas fights his feelings for Carla because a a previous girlfriend.s selfish actions lead to her own death. Lucas is determined to stay away from love.
Foggygirl
Jun 25, 2012 Foggygirl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-read
A decent story, but a little too heavy on the macho alpha male lead character and I now remember why I stopped reading the Harlequin Desire books. Most of them are less than 200 pages so I found them to be too quick a read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Pearl House
Category: Passion
"Brand fires up the burners with spitfire Carla and possessive Lucas, layers on miscommunication and pride and then lets the results build to a fiery conclusion guaranteed to make readers gasp." RT Book Review, rated 4 1/2 stars
Allison
Sep 08, 2012 Allison rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like how it started off with Lucas breaking up with Carla. I immediately didn't like the characters and it prevented from engaging with them and having any desire to finish the book.
Ethar
Jul 13, 2012 Ethar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really liked the book .
Khristine Doiron
I really enjoyed this book until the end, then I found it got too back and forth. The main character kept changing her mind and by the end of it I didn't care what she decided.
Donna
Aug 04, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fiery and passionate hero and heroine. Well rounded and motivatede characters. Fast paced and deeply emotional at the same time. Great read.
Don't Stop Reading
Worst hero ever. Possessive, controlling, soooo unappealing. The heroine was immature. I read this for free for a survey site.
Aurélie
Aurélie rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2013
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2012
Tawnya
Tawnya rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2012
Jennifer Mcpherson
Jennifer Mcpherson rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2013
nubia dominguez
nubia dominguez rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Risana
Risana rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Andrea Kerecsenyi
Andrea Kerecsenyi rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2016
Carlene
Carlene rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Very Private Merger (Dynasties: The Kincaids. #6)
  • The Sheikh's Redemption (Desert Nights #1)
  • His Marriage to Remember (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #1)
  • A Man of Privilege (Lawyers in Love, #2)
  • Impossible to Resist (The Men of Wolff Mountain, #3)
  • On the Verge of I Do (Dynasties: The Kincaids #4)
  • Honorable Intentions (The Landis Brothers #5 Billionaires and Babies #26; Wingmen Warriors #15; Landis/Renshaw)
  • One Dance with the Sheikh (Dynasties: The Kincaids #5)
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • Behind Boardroom Doors (Dynasties: The Kincaids #3)
  • Princess in the Making (Billionaires and Babies, #30)
  • To Kiss a King (Kings of California, #12)
  • Christmas at Bravo Ridge (Bravo Family, #26; Bravo Family Ties Miniseries, #9)
Fiona Brand has always wanted to write.

After working eight years for the New Zealand Forest Service as a clerk, she decided she could spend at least that much time trying to get a novel published.

Luckily it took five years, not eight, before Fiona wrote her first award-winning novel.

She has won the Australian Romantic Book of the Year award (category section) twice, one of her novels was listed
More about Fiona Brand...

The Pearl House (6 books)
  • A Breathless Bride (The Pearl House #1)
  • A Perfect Husband (The Pearl House #3)
  • The Fiancee Charade (The Pearl House #4)
  • Just One More Night