Start by marking “Reset: How to Beat the Job-Loss Blues and Get Ready for Your Next Act” as Want to Read:
Reset: How to Beat the Job-Loss Blues and Get Ready for Your Next Act

Reset: How to Beat the Job-Loss Blues and Get Ready for Your Next Act

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Welcome to the new world of jobinsecurity.

Layoff. If you haven't experienced one, you know someone who has. Dwain Schenck speaks with authority; not only has he seen energetic, talented, and accomplished friends undergo the stress of job loss, but he, too, has felt the sting of being "let go."

Resetis the uncompromising portrait of Schenck's journey: a successful journalist
Published December 31st 2013 by Da Capo Lifelong Books

To ask other readers questions about Reset, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reset

Jen
So much that I could identify with even though I've only been out of work once...my husband has been laid off four times in less than seven years. Yeah. I was reading parts out loud to him and finally he said, "I'll read it, but you can't keep telling me what he (author) is saying." Lol

One of the major points Schenck makes is that employers are doing these layoffs and re-hires all wrong. And it's affecting the bottom line (not to mention our emotions). While there isn't much we can do about it w
Lori (Lara Britt) Sailiata
I vowed never to give less than 3 stars to any book I finished. I would wager that instead of "beating your blues," this book is bound to have you grabbing for the Xanax. Self indulgent and narcissistic. I won't be so harsh if he wasn't a "communications specialist." Really? Also I was very put off with his name dropping at every turn. Think he knows Mika? Yikes! Whatever nougats of usable material could easily fit into a blog post.
Kathleen
A bit glib, but I identified with much of this book.
The Advocate
"Terminated by the person he hired who eventually became his boss, Dwain Schenck takes us on his journey to looking for his next job. Schenck was a successful journalist who re-entered the job market during one of the most difficult economic downturns. Suffering initially with denial and depression, he realized that he was sabotaging his job prospects."
Read more here.
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Peter Patterson
Peter Patterson marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Kian.ting
Kian.ting is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2014
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
RCFried
RCFried is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2014
Barbara
Barbara is currently reading it
Jun 01, 2014
Stacie
Stacie is currently reading it
May 26, 2014
Con
Con is currently reading it
May 10, 2014
Kathy Ihde
Kathy Ihde marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Reine
Reine marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Angela Miller
Angela Miller marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014