Start by marking “Noragami, Band 1 (Noragami: Stray God, #1)” as Want to Read:
Noragami, Band 1 (Noragami: Stray God, #1)

Noragami, Band 1 (Noragami: Stray God #1)

4.39  ·  Rating Details ·  6,766 Ratings  ·  206 Reviews
Götter und ihre Macken! Schluchzend sitzt Mutsumi auf der Schultoilette und weiß nicht, wie sie das Mobbing ihrer Mitschüler noch länger ertragen soll. Da fällt ihr Blick auf eine Telefonnummer an der Wand, die Hilfe verspricht. Sie wählt und plötzlich erscheint vor ihr ein Junge. Der selbsternannte, freche Gott Yato bietet seine Hilfe an, allerdings nicht ohne ...more
Published April 11th 2013 by Egmont (first published July 15th 2011)

Yaelk
Dec 24, 2015 Yaelk rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Noragami is a rare manga.

I wouldn't say the plot is original or unexpected. Shonen mangas usually involves spirits and gods, and the master-weapon thing is a lot like Soul Eater.
But, when you think about it, it's not about what story you tell, it's about HOW you tell it.
Noragami surprised me with a complicated plot and great character development. The art is absolutely fantastic and inspiring. I find myself staring at a single panel for at least 5 minutes, trying to understand the clean lineart
Mairéad (is roaming the Undying Lands)
This work is dedicated to Kawashima Tadashi-sensei in heaven.
--Adachi Toka

TITLE: Noragami (ノラガミ) literally Stray Gods

SYNOPSIS [from MyAnimeList]:
Yato, a minor god, dreams to become the most revered deity in the world with big shrine and all. However, being a penniless god that he is, he has a long way to go and his shinki leaving him doesn't help matter. Later, when he does his job, a high school girl named Hiyori Iki pushes him out of the way of a speeding bus; unaware of his status as de
Ruth
Interesante. De no ser porque vi el anime antes claro... Me habían dicho que no se parecía al anime y por eso lo leí inmediatamente. No son tan distintos, solo que usualmente en el manga se profundiza lo que en el anime se da por aludido y lo que por ende los que leyeron el manga saben. Estuvo interesante, fue gracioso incluso mas que la serie.
Skye (Skye's Scribblings)
Nov 15, 2014 Skye (Skye's Scribblings) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Rin-Ne
Loved! Saw it randomly at the library, liked the art, so I grabbed it without even reading the summary (I do this a lot with manga). Was pleasantly surprised to discover a kind of Rin-Ne-esque storyline centered around Japanese religion and spirits, my favorite manga subjects! Will definitely be continuing this series.
Mari Yeung
Apr 28, 2016 Mari Yeung rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

I have a thing called "Noragami addiction".
Every time I watch an episode of the anime or even when I listen to ten seconds of the opening songs, I become addicted again. So this time I decided I had to read the manga.
(Also because I'm a so hard yatori shipper and I can't wait for the anime to make something happen between these two :3)
illias
Dec 19, 2015 illias rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
The manga is a good story. The anime knows how to play the strings correctly.
Kirstin
Oct 16, 2015 Kirstin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
4.5 stars // Honestly, I don't know how to critique a manga. I just read this because I absolutely loved the anime! It is, in fact, one of my favorites now. Everything about this just seems to blend together perfectly: the action scenes, humor, drama, myth, characters.

I haven't watched a lot anime, so I know Noragami isn't that unique when it comes to its plot, but it's still very interesting. And the art is beautiful! I also love the characters dearly, even Yukine who's such a brat at first. Hi
Sonia
Jun 05, 2015 Sonia rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a shounen manga in awhile, maybe because almost all shounen manga have the same formula used these days?

I'm happy to say this manga is different from those other series. Yato, our main character is different. He wants to be a famous god, so he does minor god duties in oder to make his dreams come true. The other characters compliment his character. I especially like his shiki natsume.

Sadly to say, this series barely started. I have read up to the latest chapter available in japan
Sandy!
Aug 12, 2016 Sandy! rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Es un comienzo interesante aunque, he de admitir, que algo lento. Puede que solo sea cosa mía, pero me costó un poco pillarle las ganas, aunque se me pasó en cuanto leí un par de capítulos y ya no pude parar.
Kellie
Jun 19, 2016 Kellie rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the anime, so I was excited to read the manga! And man, the manga is just as amazing. I can't wait to continue reading the series.
Almira
Nov 17, 2014 Almira rated it it was amazing
I actually started reading cuz the anime's sorta cool haha.
Jess
Nov 12, 2014 Jess rated it really liked it
Funny, suspenseful, and full of action and ayakashi. Awesome mix.
Holly Letson
I was very interested in trying this series, since I saw that Vol.1 was never available on the library shelves. I figured that fact must mean that it is a really good manga. Boy, was I ever wrong about that! So, finally, I got it and read it. I was very disappointed.

This series has a feel quite similar to *Kamisama Kiss* at first, so my mind kept comparing it to that wonderful series. I love *Kamisama Kiss*, but I didn't like *Noragami* at all. It was a struggle to finish this volume, and I alm
Selena
I won't lie. This was hard to read. There were pages with too much text and pages where the text was too small or cramped to read. The art was occasionally chaotic, especially combined with random text dumps that take over most of a page, or vice versa.

However.

The story so far is very interesting.

We follow a "God" named Yato, who's essentially running errands (and fighting monsters because come on, anime) and dreaming of the day he can build his own shrine. His motives and actions are often ques
Ian
Jan 19, 2016 Ian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Noragami is rated Teen which contains some scary looking creatures and some violence so be sure to use your best judgment if you decide to let a younger reader get this book.

All hail mighty Yato. Yato has the distinct pleasure of being a god from the far shore who is looking for jobs so one day he can build a shrine of his own. The only problem is like any offering he only asks for 5 yen per service no matter how difficult it might be. His visions of a grand shrine one day might take a bit of t
Aurora Dimitre
I was so excited when, after finishing the anime, I learned that the manga was going to be printed in English. I pre-ordered it and set it aside for a day where I would maybe do something like drop a cup of coffee on myself and need some cheering up.

And it worked perfectly for that!

It's so funny and so cute, with a bit of a serious undertone that I adore. It follows two main characters, with a third popping up at the end - Yato, a god with no following, Hiyori Iki, a high school student who get
duniamimpigie Anggi
Akhirnya baca juga. Maksud saya... eeer... saya udah pernah baca, tapi cuma sekilas-sekilas gitu.

Btw, mengesampingkan itu semua... Adachitokaaaaaaa!!! Uwwoooooo udah lama gak liat gambarnya, masih keren ajah! *si Gie ini udah demen gaya gambar Adachitoka semenjak baca Alive*

Btw, saya merasa Adachitoka ini demen ngeluarin cewek kuat dengan hobi aneh. Gak masalah, saya demen kok cewek-cewek kuat gini. Justru mungkin ini salah satu daya tarik Adachitoka buat saya.
Tapi saya masih agak-agak gak tahan
Jonathan
Seregil
Apr 20, 2015 Seregil rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books, manga
This is a manga targeting the male teen segment, but written by women. Therefore it has a lot of bloodshed, a little bit of horror and a general creepyness, but it also has very well developed characters that interact uniquely with each other and have believable feelings. The main character has the sort of a charm only a half crazy homeless bad boy with pretty eyes can have, and the female lead is cute, but not annoying (in the way generic perfect heroines tend to be).

Half of my love for this ma
Travis Sykes
Jun 01, 2016 Travis Sykes rated it it was amazing
Rena
Jan 26, 2014 Rena rated it liked it
I started watching the anime on a whim then became slightly addicted. Unfortunately, the anime was still in production, so I decided to read the manga instead.

A stray god is trying the get followers and fame so that he can have a shrine of his own. In the process he loses his godly weapon, accidentally gets a girl almost killed while rescuing a cat, and manages to acquire a new weapon that holds no respect for him. This is going to be one awesome story.
Naailah
May 01, 2016 Naailah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I finished the first season of the anime sometime last year and I thought that I'd pick up the manga. The art is beautiful, I'm glad that a majority of the first chapter was not the first episode because I don't think I would've continued the anime if that's how it began. Also, I really liked the part where Yato was upset on Tomone's behalf when the girl told her that she wanted to die.
Carolina
Jan 13, 2015 Carolina rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS MANGA I COULD READ IT 100x (ok not really) but seriously it was just so good and it's not even finished yet.

The story and the characters are fanfuckingtastic. It's just so well thought-out and the characters are so deep I just love them I'm gonna go cry now

Review here is for the series overall (the volumes that are released so far anyway)
Melanie
May 24, 2015 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads, manga
Chapters 1 to 3

I really like this anime, so I thought that it was best for me to read the manga too. I looove all of it. Chapters 1 to 3 are about how Yato meets Hiyori then Yuki. I love how it is both full of comedy and action. Now onto the second volume!
Cassandra
I loved the anime series and I've been looking forward to reading the mangas. I was not disappointed, somethings were changed but other than that I really liked it.

Yato is such a dork and he's hilarious. I can't wait to see what happens next. :)
Cerys
Feb 01, 2016 Cerys rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The anime is incredibly similar and just as great as the manga. I adored the anime and it's going to be a very long wait until the next instalment is released!
Wickedshizuku
Aug 02, 2016 Wickedshizuku rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans, CLAMP fans, YA fans, Paranormal fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Goodreads
Utterly confusing plot for this one, but the art is very well done. I can't tell what direction that the mangaka is trying to take. I'll stick with it for a another volume.
Lucy Lu
Quite boring to be honest. I wouldn't recommend it the anyone and I don't understand why it moves on so fast.
Kelcey
Nov 23, 2015 Kelcey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, shapeshifters
Just picked up volumes 1-4 from the library. Really interesting series so far! I am looking forward to reading more once I can find more volumes!
Manga Club: Noragami 1 4 May 16, 2016 04:54PM
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 8
  • Nijiiro Days 1 (Nijiiro Days #1)
  • ホリミヤ 3 (Horimiya #3)
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 2
  • Karneval, Vol. 1 (Karneval, #1)
  • 暁のヨナ 1 [Akatsuki no Yona 1]
  • ギャングスタ 2 [Gyangusuta 2] (Gangsta., #2)
Adachitoka consists of two female mangaka, from which the name is derived:

Adachi (安達)

Background illustrator
Birthday: November 28th
Birthplace: Okinawa-ken Naha-shi
More about Adachitoka...

Noragami: Stray God (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • ノラガミ 2 [Noragami 2] (Noragami: Stray God, #2)
  • ノラガミ 3 [Noragami 3] (Noragami: Stray God, #3)
  • ノラガミ 4 [Noragami 4] (Noragami: Stray God, #4)
  • ノラガミ 5 [Noragami 5] (Noragami: Stray God, #5)
  • ノラガミ 6 [Noragami 6] (Noragami: Stray God, #6)
  • ノラガミ 7 [Noragami 7] (Noragami: Stray God, #7)
  • ノラガミ 8 [Noragami 8] (Noragami: Stray God, #8)
  • ノラガミ 9 [Noragami 9] (Noragami: Stray God, #9)
  • ノラガミ 10 [Noragami 10] (Noragami: Stray God, #10)
  • ノラガミ 11 [Noragami 11] (Noragami: Stray God, #11)