Start by marking “Silver Cross” as Want to Read:
Silver Cross

Silver Cross

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  13 reviews
History professor Nick Journey and federal agent Meg Tolman return in Silver Cross, the thrilling sequel to B. Kent Anderson's Cold Glory.
When her friend is murdered, Tolman rushes to North Carolina to investigate. She finds a vast conspiracy hanging on a letter from Napoleon III to Confederate president Jefferson Davis, pledging French aid to the Confederacy for the "Sil
Published October 29th 2013 by Tor Books (first published November 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Silver Cross, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver Cross

Chuck
This is a new author for me and I found a winner. We start off with a prologue that takes us back to 1864 with a Confederate spy on a ship off the coast of North Carolina. She is carrying a letter from Napoleon III addressed to Jeff Davis offering French economic and military aid to the Confederacy in exchange for the "Silver Cross." Then Mr. Kent begins developing a contemporary conspiracy that reaches the upper echelons of Washington D.C. As the plot develops he begins to expose a very complic ...more
Linda L
Great storyline, superb use of historical references with intrigue and action by a wonderful author. What's not to like?
Lee
A fun read. I'm not much for mysteries, but this held my attention all day.

The villains' plots were too murky for me to follow, so I just hung on for the ride.

It was, however, rather eerie toward the end, as I was reading it while initial reports of the Boston terrorist bombings were coming out, and the terrorist group in the background is named April 19, and claims inspiration from the Oklahoma City bombings.
Carmen
Meg Tolman gets an unexpected call. A friend from college, whom she hasn't spoken to in years, has died and listed her as a contact. As she goes to figure out what to do, Meg finds out that all of her family is dead. The death looks suspicious, like someone clumsily tried to make it look like suicide when it wasn't. As she delves deeper, she discovers a whole conspiracy which is assisted by the government.
Joan Mueller
The book was a mix of historical fiction along with modern facts. The moved without any dead spots. It also had some very interesting characters. I was disappointed to have one of them killed. I am going to add this author to my favorites. Very well written.
Lynne Radcliffe

I enjoyed this book as much same. Anderson's first book. Meg Tillman and Nick Journey are nicely drawn characters. I enjoyed the intrigue and suspense as well as the history story line. This was a fast-paced historical mystery.
Phyllis
Very good especially if you are a history buff. Non-stop action beginning to end. Really like the main character, Journey. He is a good guy always trying to do the right thing and do what is best for his family.
Dan Lockhart
Fantastic book, I couldn't put it down. A great combination of mystery, action/adventure and history. Now I have to go read Cold Glory!
Lewis
Good action and historical fiction. Looks like there was another book ahead of this one that I might need to try out.
John Hanscom
Just an adventure story, but a REALLY exciting adventure story.
Elaine
Very good read!
PWRL
Dec 15, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Shannon Harrell
Shannon Harrell marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Rosemary Hazard
Rosemary Hazard marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Tabitha
Tabitha marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Landen
Landen marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Cyndi
Cyndi marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
B. Kent Anderson is an award-winning novelist, journalist and broadcaster. He has worked as a radio announcer and producer since age fifteen, served a stint in marketing for a symphony orchestra, and is currently a features writer for Oklahoma-based Slice Magazine.

He is the author of the contemporary, Civil War-based thriller Cold Glory, published by Forge in October 2011. The second book in the
More about B. Kent Anderson...
Cold Glory (Nick Journey #1)