Start by marking “Foolproof” as Want to Read:
Foolproof

Foolproof

A stunning global thriller that exposes a terrorist plot to topple democracies worldwide

On the morning of 9/11, Brenda Grant and Daniel Henderson met for coffee before going to their software firm in the World Trade Center. That casual act saved them from the Twin Towers’ collapse, even as their friends and Brenda’s fiancé were killed and their company obliterated. Going o
Published October 29th 2013 by Forge Books (first published December 22nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Foolproof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foolproof

Una Tiers
Apr 15, 2015 Una Tiers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The opening pulled me in with trepidation. It was a little hard to follow the characters for a while until the motorcycle chase scene.
Amanda Morgan
On the morning of 9/11 Brenda Grant and Daniel Henderson are leaving the coffee shop where they meet before work just as an airplane hits the first tower. They witness what seems to be a terrible accident and fear for their co-workers who work on one of the floors above where the plane just hit in “Foolproof.”
As Brenda calls her boss/boyfriend to ask what is going on, he tells her the people on their floor are trapped and cannot go down because of the fire, so they’re going up the steps to try
Debbi Mack
Mar 23, 2010 Debbi Mack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Voting fraud isn't a topic one would normally think of as sexy or thrilling. However, Foolproof by co-authors Barbara D'Amato, Jeanne M. Dams and Mark Zubro, proves that even computer geeks can be the stars of amazing thrillers.

The story starts on 9/11. The two protagonists linger at a coffeehouse that morning, thus surviving the Twin Towers' collapse. In the aftermath, Brenda Grant (who lost her fiance, Jeremy, in the disaster) and Daniel Henderson, her gay co-worker, decide to start their own
Jessica
May 14, 2010 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This gets four stars because the three authors clearly wanted to write a page-turner and I could not stop turning pages. Dan and Brenda are computer programmers who meet every morning for coffee, a habit that saves them on 9/11. Their employer vanishes into the terrorists' smoke, along with their colleagues and Brenda's fiance. Seven years later, they've built a successful computer security firm and in their free time, they use their code-reading skills to seek terrorist activity on the Internet ...more
Joanne
Feb 25, 2010 Joanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, mystery
I've read Jeanne Dams, who writes British cozies, and was interested to see her in this joint authorship. This book is a thriller, with two interesting protagonists who run a computer security agency that goes after terrorists after 9/11.

The plot gets pretty silly halfway through the book when the nerdy male half of the pair suddenly turns into the equivalent of Jason Bourne and rampages through Europe. And the Bad Guys are pretty obvious. And for the plot to move it requires a suspension of di
Mark
Jun 29, 2010 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book on how 2 computer geeks stopped for coffe making them late for work at the world trade center on 9/11. They then started a security firm and did work tracking terrorists in between jobs.
Barry Rocklin
Bought because it had the name Mark Richard Zubro's name on it as co-author, this is not written in his voice at all. I haven't read other D'Amato, but given my choice, I'd read a Zubro book then another of these "collaborations".
Steven Farmer
Mar 02, 2010 Steven Farmer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit, I got to the final thirty pages or so and I was wondering how they were really going to wrap it up. It seemed impossible, there were so many loose threads. The way they wrapped it up was INGENIOUS.

Read more books by these three authors.
Susan Katz
Aug 14, 2011 Susan Katz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
This book was gripping enough to see me safely through one of the more anxious days of waiting in my life - and for that I will be forever grateful.
Jackie Klefsaas
May 18, 2013 Jackie Klefsaas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It had me hooked from the beginning and pulled me through until the end. I lost sleep just so I finish it I am glad I stumbled upon this book.
Jeanne
Feb 25, 2010 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Really interesting.
Sean Ballentine
Jun 14, 2012 Sean Ballentine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very fast paced and exciting. Loved every page!
Jroge0202
Nov 11, 2011 Jroge0202 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book about the paranoid, conspiracy theory society that we live in today and the fact that this could actually happen. AND YOU CAN"T STOP IT.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2015
James
James rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2009
Jmorey
Jmorey rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2011
Cynthia Bracamontes
Cynthia Bracamontes rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2014
Veronica
Veronica rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2010
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2011
Zamy
Zamy rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2012
Scott
Scott rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Kristyn
Kristyn rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2012
David Allen White
David Allen White rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Matt Andoniadis
Matt Andoniadis rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2010
Ray
Ray rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2011
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2010
Janny
Intrigue and misdirection in cyberworld of Brenda and Dan. Who canthey trust?
Kellyb
Kellyb rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Judy
Judy rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2010
Aka Malacai Black

Barbara D'Amato has had a checkered career, working in the distant past as an assistant surgical orderly, carpenter for stage magic illusions, assistant tiger handler, stage manager, researcher for attorneys in criminal cases, and recently sometimes teaching mystery writing to Chicago police officers.

"Writing is the greatest job of all," D'Amato says. "I get to hang around with co
More about Barbara D'Amato...