Start by marking “Legacy (Private, #6)” as Want to Read:
Legacy (Private, #6)

Legacy (Private #6)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  6,566 Ratings  ·  165 Reviews
The price of power...

After Cheyenne Martin's death, everyone at Easton Academy is struggling to recover from yet another tragedy--especially the girls of Billings Hall. With Cheyenne gone, they need to elect a new leader. And who better than Reed Brennan, the ultimate Billings Girls?

As the new Billings president, Reed suddenly has access to power she never imagined. Gossip

Published February 19th 2008 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legacy

Gemma
Jun 12, 2011 Gemma rated it really liked it
Legacy, a summary:

Reed: That annoying girl is dead (sobs hysterically).

Roomies: Totally. So, which shade of nailpolish looks better?

Reed: You insensitive (bleeped)!!! You didn't love her like I... oh, wait, I hated her. But still!!

Josh: Your roomies are insensitive (bleeped).

Reed: Don't talk bad about them!!!

Josh: Just sayin'.

Roomies: Like, we didn't get invited to the party. We hafta go! We hafta!

Reed: How can you think about such things at a time like this?

Noelle: It's true. We HAVE to go to
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Dec 02, 2015 Chelsea (chelseadolling reads) rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
Decided to give this series one last go after the last one sucked so bad and this one ended up pleasantly surprising me! Things got mega scandalous and I am actually intrigued to carry on further. Looks like I'm not done with this series after all, ha.
Dani
Jan 12, 2016 Dani rated it really liked it
Ahhhhhh, the Private books,
I've been devouring these books
like they were candy lately.
I read them in like 2 hours flat.

Thoughts on "Legacy":
*Yay, Noelle is back!
Admit it, you love to hate her.
*What's with the Dash thing, its
just so weird, i mean, seriously?
*For some reason I just don't like
Sabine, something always seemed up
with her, and i cant quite place my
finger on it.
*NNNOOOOOO JJJJOOOOSSSSHHHH! Reed,
what did you do?????
*Ahhhh, I smell trouble in the next book!

CAN'T WAIT! =)
"Ambition"
Cecily Kyle
Oct 13, 2016 Cecily Kyle rated it really liked it
Shelves: wobble
I am really enjoying the mystery and intrigue in these books but this one was a little frustrating to start, I felt like there was so much time in paranoia that it was starting to get to me. I realize now that the Privilege series would have taken place somewhere after this book. I really hope we see Arianna again some day!
These girls are craaaazy! The stuff they go through just to go to a party is unreal, so not worth it to me, but to each their own I guess. I am loving this series but I jus
Jessica Lawlor
Oct 09, 2010 Jessica Lawlor rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
Legacy, the sixth book in the Private series follows Reed Brennan’s life after the death of Cheyenne Martin. The ladies of Billings house elect Reed to be their president and Reed relishes her newfound popularity and power. Being president of Billings means being privy to everyone’s secrets and gossip, having a bank account so large she doesn’t know what do with it and access to all Billings alumni.

When Reed finds out that Easton students haven’t been invited to the notorious Legacy party, she i
Merary
Cheyenne Martin committed suicide.
Reed Brennan feels responsible since the last note she ever received from Cheyenne did blamed her for her death.
With Cheyenne gone, the Billings Girls are in need of a new leader. Who better than Reed Brennan for that position?
With that being said, Reed Brennan became the most powerful girl at Easton.
But this power isn't so wonderful. Now that she's president, everyone expects her to get them invitations for the Legacy, the most exclusive party on the East Coast
Ella Perkins
Dec 31, 2008 Ella Perkins rated it it was amazing
In his book Reed Brennen becomes president! When she is president she gets all her real friends Billing girls. With her being president she has a lot to look up to. Sometimes it is too much for Reed. She needs to get her girls into the Legacy party. But how?

I can make a text to self-connection with Reed. Reed and I are kind of the same because she is organized and likes to get all her friends invited to the same party so that they could all hang out together. I also try to do what he does which
Kelli
Jun 28, 2012 Kelli rated it it was amazing
This was definitely the best book as of now out of all the Private series books I've read. Wow. I was left overwhelmed, which is exactly why I rate this book 5 stars. The others were 4 stars, but this one..wow. There were minor typos that I saw, but no book is perfect, I'm just a grammar freak. :)
If I was to skip this book, I would probably not understand the rest of the Private books. This one just has so many huge changes, and hints as well (about Cheyenne, that is). It changed my perspective
Chloe Burns
Jan 20, 2011 Chloe Burns rated it really liked it
i REALLY enjoyed this book but it really annoyed me how josh was really moody during this hole book and didnt support reed, and they keep fighting. I dont understand how Josh could be soo angry at reed when in fact he was off mucking around with cheyenne. There was a reason for him but later in the books we really understand why reed was willing to cheat on Josh because someone drugged her and josh doesnt believe her even though reed had to believe josh.
kim
Feb 21, 2015 kim rated it liked it
this is really awkward because i read this book before i read any of the first five and to be honest it's a lot better than any of the other books
i paid a dollar for it and i guess it was worth the dollar?
'cept frick reed and all the boys she screws over
Nadra Hamilton
Oct 29, 2014 Nadra Hamilton rated it really liked it
awesome book
Isabella Colon
Oct 20, 2016 Isabella Colon rated it liked it
The book Legacy by Kate Brian is a very mysterious and gossip filled book. I enjoyed reading it and recommend it to anyone who is interested. A few pros about this book is the drama and excitement it is filled with. Another pro about this book is its short and sweet length. A few cons about this book is that the author leaves you hanging at times. But she comes back to it later. I overall really enjoyed reading this book and give it three full stars. Good read.
Janelle Dazzlepants
Holly
Like the title implies, book 6 of the Private series is all about the Legacy. We were introduced to the Legacy previously in the series. Even though all the characters (except Josh, apparently) make a big deal out of the Legacy, it's basically just a really big elaborate party that private school legacies are invited to. Since Cheyenne has died, her father decides not to hold the Legacy at all. Reed's role in this book is to find a way for the Billings girls and the rest of Easton to attend the ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

The Girls of Billing are still grieving over the loss of Cheyenne. The sisters can't believe that one of their own would commit suicide. But Cheyenne was expelled at the end of book five, INNER CIRCLE, and the girls believe Cheyenne couldn't face leaving in disgrace.

So we arrive at the start of book six in the PRIVATE series by Kate Brian.

Reed Brennan can't stand seeing everyone so down and depressed. So she convinces them that a day in town shopping and
PurplyCookie
Easton Academy seems like the place where everyone wants to be. The place where beautiful people congregate to get an education that doesn't just include what you can learn from a book; but, rather, what you can learn from corrupting incoming students, bribing teachers with money, power, and affluence, and, if required, killing someone.

But people don't always last at Easton. Noelle is gone. Ariana is gone. Kiran is gone. Taylor is gone. And now, even the perky Cheyenne Martin can no longer be s
Elusive
Dec 18, 2015 Elusive rated it liked it
Shelves: review
‘Legacy’ is the sixth installment in the ‘Private’ series. Reed is elected as the new Billings leader and she learns that this highly sought after position comes with many perks. Shortly after, she gets a huge surprise as Noelle is back and together they find ways to get Easton Academy invited to the Legacy for this time, someone has made painstaking efforts to ensure that they would be left out.

There’s no doubt that this book was entertaining despite its predictability in the sense that you can
Nian
Mar 07, 2008 Nian rated it liked it
Recommends it for: boarding school, drama, a light read
Shelves: 2008
And the Private series continues.

The Billings Girls are still reeling from Cheyenne’s death, a new president must be elected and it looks like Reed Brennan is the perfect candidate, and Noelle Lange is back. How, and why? On top of that, Reed’s e-mail flirtation with Dash continues, she gets repeat messages from dead-girl Cheyenne (how is that possible?) and she has to think of a way to get the Billings Girls invited into the most important party of the year: the Legacy.

My opinion of Reed stil
Kari Anderson
Apr 12, 2010 Kari Anderson rated it it was ok
Cheyenne is dead and the Legacy is cancelled. Cheyenne’s family was supposed to be in charge of this year’s Legacy, but they decided against it in the wake of her death. Reed was unanimously voted the new prez of Billings and she will stop at nothing to make sure they get to do something similar to the Legacy (a ridiculous party filled with sex, drugs, alcohol, music that Legacies of the private schools attend each year).

They hear through the grapevine that the Legacy may still be on, but no one
Andrea
After Chyanne's suicide Reed is appalled by the grils disregard, and all they can talk about is the Legacy being Cancelled. As reed tries to cheer up the girls with some retail therapy and the idea of a masqurade held in Chyanne's honor, the girls elect her to be the next president. Just as Reed comes into power, SURPRISE! in walks Noelle. Sabin, Reed's roommate, and one of her closest friends, is jealous of Noelle and the place she holds in Reed's life, and when Reed blows off Josh's family reu ...more
Ale96_CalS Paola
SO WE'RE BACK TO THE START. I DON'T LIKE IT.

I miss old Reed or at least the girl she tried to become in the previous book, you know... nice and fair? Now she's truly a mess on heels what means being a Billings Girl. And I hate her now, she destroyed my ship and her own self.
(SPOILERS AHEAD)
I understand the whole desire for fun and affair, I get it but she needed to separate fantasy from reality, what she thinks she wants and what she actually needs. She went down the whole "Zoey Redbird spiral"
Paperback Princess
Aug 31, 2011 Paperback Princess rated it liked it
Easton Academy has had another tragedy, a Billings Girl, Cheyenne Martin has committed suicide. Now the Presidency position is up for grabs and despite Noelle Lange coming back to Easton, The Billings Girls has elected Reed Brennan. The Legacy, an ultra-exclusive party for prep-schools is coming up, but Easton Academy soon finds out that they have been snubbed, no one from Easton is getting invited. This is Reed's first act in Presidency, can she get them in, despite the fact that someone is ver ...more
Amanda
Apr 12, 2014 Amanda rated it it was ok
Shelves: classy-with-a-k
Noemi claudine
Jun 11, 2009 Noemi claudine rated it it was amazing
This is the 6th book in the Private series. In this book Reed is now elected billings president. But when she finds out that her school is the only high top private academy that has NOT been invited to the famous, best, and most exclusive party of the year, the legacy, everyone relies on Reed to get them in. When they finally get in Reed makes mistakes that ruin her life forever...

I can relate to his book because i have 2 best friends that hate each-other. i want to have parties and stuff with
Marian
May 18, 2008 Marian rated it really liked it
Giselle
Jan 23, 2011 Giselle rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This series is my guilty pleasure. It's Gilmore Girls meets Gossip Girl. It has plenty of drama, mystery and the occasional murder.

I love how there is a twist or a "big bang" at the end of every book that keeps you wanting more, without being left hanging. I also like how the author give you little details that you never think twice about, but it ends up being a huge deal at the end. The main character is lovable, realistic, and sometimes makes stupid decisions that you just want to scream at h
Christine
Sep 01, 2009 Christine rated it it was amazing
This book is the sixth book of the sequel to the private series, basically everyone at Easton Academy is struggling to recover from the death of Cheyenne Martin - especially the girls of Billings Hall. With Cheyenne gone, they need to elect a new leader, and who better than Reed Brennan, the ultimate Billings Girl? Reed revels in her new-found status but she knows that Billings leaders have a tainted legacy. Now that Reed has everything she's ever wanted, she's got everything to lose. And she's ...more
Cecilia
Dec 30, 2012 Cecilia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Shonda
Jun 06, 2009 Shonda rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2009
Caution: This review contains spoilers!

Reed and the rest of the Billings Girls are back in Legacy, book six of the Private Series. They are mourning the loss of Cheyenne and trying to get answers to their questions surrounding her suicide. This is the second death on the Easton campus and the question is how can tragedy strike the sheltered and the elite?

Cheyenne was president of Billings House prior to her death. Now that the presidency is vacant, only one Billings Girl seems appropriate to rep
Amna
Jul 28, 2011 Amna rated it it was amazing
  • Tempted (It Girl, #6)
  • Heart of Glass (A-List, #8)
  • Crazy Hot (The Au Pairs, #4)
  • These Boots Are Made for Stalking (The Clique, #12)
  • Frenemies (Frenemies, #1)
Kate Brian is the author of the SHADOWLANDS TRILOGY (SHADOWLANDS, HEREAFTER & ENDLESS), as well as the New York Times bestselling PRIVATE and PRIVILEGE series, and the wildly popular MEGAN MEADE'S GUIDE TO THE MCGOWAN BOYS. She also writes teen fiction under the name Kieran Scott.
More about Kate Brian...

Private (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Private (Private, #1)
  • Invitation Only (Private, #2)
  • Untouchable (Private, #3)
  • Confessions (Private, #4)
  • Inner Circle (Private, #5)
  • Ambition (Private, #7)
  • Revelation (Private, #8)
  • Paradise Lost (Private, #9)
  • Suspicion (Private, #10)
  • Scandal (Private, #11)