Start by marking “Romance Book Club” as Want to Read:
Romance Book Club

Read Excerpt

Romance Book Club

Jessie has given up on men. Her high school turned college sweetheart left her for another man, and if that wasn't a warning sign that she was meant to be the cat lady, nothing was. Give her a romance novel, a bottle of wine, and her favorite feline companion, and life was perfect in her eyes.

When her book club decided to focus on sexy alpha male romances for the month, s
Paperback, 1st, 254 pages
Published May 15th 2013 by Tears of Crimson (first published May 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Romance Book Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romance Book Club

Kathy
May 15, 2013 Kathy rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. Loving Sweet Characters, caring Alpha male just an all around feel good kinda story. Sure it had its ups and downs emotionally what book doesn't. I wish I had a book club in real life like this one to join.
Illustrious Illusions
Jun 13, 2013 Illustrious Illusions rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, 2013, ebook, bdsm
Romance Book Club is a refreshing tale of romance with BDSM that has no abuse or major trauma in the characters pasts. It shows a side of the lifestyle that is not glamorized or what you might usually read in current stories. These are two people who could be your neighbors, or friends from a book club, that find a common interest in portions of the BDSM lifestyle and share the experiences with each other.

While Romance Book Club contains its fair share of angst and conflict, it fits really well
Brandy Dorsch
May 15, 2013 Brandy Dorsch rated it it was amazing
I have been a huge fan of Michelle Hughes ever since I discovered the Tears of Crimson. So when I was asked to check this book out, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.

Jessie was a girl after my own heart. She had been burned by a good man for, well, another man. I dont' blame her for settling down with wine and a stack of books! When the very outspoken and powerful women in her book club decided to put actions to words, she feels the need to go along.

With the world revolving around hot men and a
Amy
Aug 30, 2014 Amy rated it it was ok
I might have given this story 3 stars if there weren't so many punctuation and grammatical errors in this book. It drove me nuts when the author would put apostrophes in words that added an S to note plurality ("submissive's" instead of "submissives"), and she would leave out apostrophes in words that needed them to denote possession. There were many, many run-on sentences throughout the book and many places that needed commas where there were none. She even spelled the word "compliment" when it ...more
Em
Jun 06, 2013 Em rated it liked it

I liked it. Not as interesting as I think the 10 nights books are, but it kept my interest.

I don't necessarily think it needed to be named "Romance Book Club" because the club kinda got put on the back burner after they met.

It was also not mentioned until a quarter of the way through what the heroine looked like (and when it was it didn't even include her hair color until later). For me, that made it hard to visualize the characters.
So when compared to other books this one is really, Really soft for this genre. It has a nice sweet romance and I really felt a connection with the characters. In the end I would place it at 3.5 stars!
Amber Fueston
May 22, 2015 Amber Fueston rated it it was ok
Some good scenes but a bit disappointing.

The author relied too much on miscommunication between Jessie and Chase. The only real conflict of the story was both of them not taking the time to talk and be honest which is pretty essential for the BDSM world. There were a few good scenes though.

Angela
Jan 27, 2014 Angela rated it it was ok
Shelves: kinda-boring
Possibly the most boring BDSM book I've ever read, I just wanted it to be over. I didn't feel like there was any real depth to either character.
Debbie Chittenden
Jun 23, 2015 Debbie Chittenden rated it really liked it
What a romantic story! The passion alone is to die for. The world of BDSM lightly explained for the curious beginner. Provides a provocative tale of, passion, lust, desire, trust, and love.
Jodi Wilson
Jodi Wilson rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2015
Ali
Ali rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2014
Minerva
Minerva rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Tami
Tami rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Tracy Tury pennington
Tracy Tury pennington rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Melinda
Melinda rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Jennifer Nocero
Jennifer Nocero rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2013
Katrina
Katrina rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Marie Vayer
Marie Vayer rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
May 23, 2016
Dallas Mae
Dallas Mae rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2014
Tracy Colonna
Tracy Colonna rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2013
Mydearloverboy
Mydearloverboy rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
SKR
SKR rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Lennie
Lennie rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2014
Cristina
Cristina rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Kristin
Kristin rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Dangerous Submission (Dangerous Affairs, #2)
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)
  • No Flag
  • Surrendering To Her Sergeant (The WILD Boys Of Special Forces, #3)
  • Surrender to Me
  • Hard Way (Vegas Top Guns, #4)
  • The Last Execution
  • You and Tequila
  • Risk Aware
  • Delayed Penalty (The Dartmouth Cobras, #5)
  • Alexandr's Reluctant Submissive (Submissive's Wish, #4)
  • Dexter (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #3)
  • Bonds of Need (Wicked Play, #2)
  • Bound to You (At Your Service, #1)
  • Sleep With Me
  • In His Cuffs (Mastered, #4)
  • Wounded Souls (L.A. Metro, #3)
  • Should've Known Better (Storm, #1)
Michelle Hughes grew up as a military brat and now calls Verbena, Alabama home. Her love of romance began early in life when she would sneak her granny's bodice rippers into the bathroom for great plots to play out with her Barbie's. She's the mother of five great kids and married to the greatest fisherman on earth with a real job. Prior to a career in writing, Michelle was a singer/songwriter and ...more
More about Michelle Hughes...

“What really goes on behind the scenes at the Romance Book Club?” 4 likes