Start by marking “Twine” as Want to Read:
Twine

Twine

Twine is a psychological horror novelette.

John suffers from crippling anxiety. His life consists of working at a print shop and avoiding social interaction as much as possible by locking himself up in a basement apartment. Everything changes when he meets Jillian, a beautiful girl who walks into his life and flips it upside down, making him into someone confident.

But at th
Published April 16th 2013 by Jon Herrera

To ask other readers questions about Twine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twine

Cindy
May 07, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
This book just grabbed me right into the story of John, a man who suffered from such terrible anxiety he basically only had work as his life. That is until the day he meets Jillian, who changes him into a man with self confidence. Of course, this is a horror story and not a fairy tale so you will have to read and find out if John gets to have a lived happily ever after life!

Since this is a short story I was able to read it at one sitting. I enjoyed this well written story and plan to read more f
Charlie Ika-Heimonen
This was a most engaging short-story about a man who suffers with terrible anxieties. I read it all in one sitting. In fact, I may re-read it to fully understand the layers of this character.

I feel like Herrera gave me a bit of an inside track on what it feels like to live with anxiety, and how crippling it can make life.

There are many mysteries surrounding this story and I haven't figured them all out yet. - I like that feeling. The feeling that leaves you contemplating what truth is. Haven't
J. Lynne
The way this short story started off, I thought it was headed in a completely different direction than it did. That confused me at first. Once I got more into the story, I decided to forget about the technology introduction because it didn't really go with the actual meat of the story.

I would have loved to have the relationship between John and his two women (check the blurb) fleshed out a little more. Other aspects (one mentioned above) could have been removed to allow the story to remain at it
Marguerite Czajka
May 12, 2013 Marguerite Czajka rated it liked it
I liked this book, but the overly effusive reviews leave me a little puzzled about what they see that I don't. I might have given it another star if my expectations hadn't been set so high by the Goodreads and Amazon reviews.
Kathy Floyd
Mar 14, 2014 Kathy Floyd rated it it was amazing
Unusual, but good.

I enjoyed this story, even though it was a little different from what I usually read. it has a nice surprise at the end.
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
May 06, 2015
Amira
Amira rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2016
Illyusha66
Illyusha66 rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2014
Jett Cat
Jett Cat rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2013
Robert Showalter
Robert Showalter rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Billie Jo
Billie Jo rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2015
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2014
Sarah (treesofreverie) McMahon
Sarah (treesofreverie) McMahon rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Sierra
Sierra rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Raiven7913
Raiven7913 rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2014
Beryl Morago
Beryl Morago rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Jennifer Zampedri
Jennifer Zampedri rated it liked it
May 08, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2014
Barbara Duckett
Barbara Duckett rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2013
Jeanine
Nov 26, 2015 Jeanine rated it liked it
Good premise, could have been expanded a bit..
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2013
Marie F
Marie F rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Korin Oliveira
Korin Oliveira rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2015
Michele Grace-eaton
Michele Grace-eaton rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2013
Principessa
Principessa rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2014
Jessica Strug hosier
Jessica Strug hosier rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2014
L. M. W.
L. M. W. rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Jon Herrera lives in Ontario, Canada. After attempting to take his life in December 2012, he now shares his personal struggles with mental illness and writes poetry and fiction.
More about Jon Herrera...