Start by marking “Hollow (Perfect Little Pieces #1)” as Want to Read:
Hollow (Perfect Little Pieces #1)

Hollow (Perfect Little Pieces #1)

Girl, Interrupted meet Beautiful Disaster in this thrilling and sexy debut novel, in which a college student learns her perfect life is a lie and finds new love where she least expects it—a mental institution.

Freaks, misfits, and psychopaths. Those are the kinds of people found at Newton Heights Psychiatric Hospital, and high-society girl Lucy White’s new home.

Freaks, misf
Published August 11th 2014 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Hollow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hollow

Sue1958
Sep 08, 2014 Sue1958 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley

I read and review all the time, I also help blog tour hosts. I agreed to help promote this book on my blog http://sueandherbooks.blogspot.co.uk/ I had no intention of reading this as I have such a lot of books to read already and thought maybe I wouldn't be able to squeeze this in.

Family heart book tours sent out an email, they still needed reviewers, so I jumped into help, this is how I came across reading this book.

NOW let me tell you, I text my book buddy several times over this book [Philome
Rebekah Crain
Jul 31, 2014 Rebekah Crain rated it liked it
This story was just okay. Though it did grow on me a little more in the last half of the book. I guess I just had a hard time coming to terms with the family dynamic and how the main character just gave up. I realize those are two of the major components in this book and without them there'd have been a completely different story, but that's why every book isn't written for every reader. To each their own. Despite not being a full five stars for me, I'm glad I read it because I was curious and ...more
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡
Oct 12, 2015 ♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ rated it really liked it

Liza
Aug 02, 2014 Liza rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for an honest review

A serious read but too good to pass.

This might had been the most difficult read I have ever stuck myself into. This is too close to home since I have interned in a mental institution back in college.

This is such a beautiful story seeing things from the patients' perspective specifically Jayden and Lucy's. They were built as very wise and smart characters who are trying to recover from the demons of their past.

The hate that Ava has invoked into me towards Luc
Kim
Dec 07, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an intense read! The psychological aspect of this book was mind boggling. This is really more than one story, we see so many things from family relationships, friendships, romance and the overall self discovery of more than one character. The stories and characters are u settling enough but add in the setting and this will have you so wrapped up that you can't put it down. There are so many character stories that this series could go on for quite some time.
Cheryl
Aug 03, 2014 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! Lucy is an incredible character and watching her grow through her challenges is enjoyable. Jayden is great and their blossoming relationship makes the book fly by for the reader. The supporting characters are wonderful and I am hoping books follow with their stories!
J.M. Stone
May 07, 2013 J.M. Stone rated it really liked it
3.5/3.75
All My Book Boyfriends
Apr 30, 2013 All My Book Boyfriends rated it it was amazing
I'm very glad I read this one.
Irene
Aug 10, 2014 Irene rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, young-adult, arc
***Received and ARC copy for an honest review***

First let me say that this story started out slow for me. I pushed myself to keep reading because they synopsis sounded interesting and it was a different type of book than I normally read.
I am glad I pushed myself. About half way through it started to pick up.

You meet Lucy who is a collage student who attends a Frat party with her boyfriend Kyle and one of her best friends Bethany. It was a typical party with drinking, dancing. However there was
Ariana *mommy's late night book-up*
4 Stars
The synopsis for Hollow completely intrigued me, and I was super excited to begin reading this book. It sounded very different from what I was used to. The story and relationship that built between the two main characters, Lucy and Jayden, was adorable. What made it so unique was that they met while in a mental hospital, yet neither were what you would envision of a typical patient in these places. They were normal people who just happened to have some horrible events happen in their live
Selena
Aug 28, 2014 Selena rated it it was amazing
I was gifted Hollow by Ava Conway in exchange for an honest review.

Lucy, in a fit of hurt and anger is thrust in the spotlight under unfortunate circumstances. Her parents, prominent DC power couple, decide it's best to hide her away until everything blows over. They decide the perfect place to hide her is Newton Heights Psychiatric Hospital. While in the hospital Lucy not only learns about herself, she learns about her family, friends, and others in the hospital.

While Lucy becomes a stronger
Christie72
Aug 21, 2014 Christie72 rated it it was amazing
***I was provided a copy from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.***

I was intrigued when I read the synopsis for Hollow. I was in the mood to read something a bit different, and this book was just what I was looking for. It is heavier than some of the books I have read recently, but oh so good!!!! From the beginning pages, I was intrigued, and it only got better the further I got into it.

Lucy finds herself in a mental hospital after she is involved in a car wreck that took the lives of
Angela Goodrich
I’m not entirely sure of how I feel about this book. Hollow tells us the story of Lucy White. After a tragic night, she finds herself being investigated for manslaughter. At the advice of her attorney and the insistence of her mother, she admits herself to a mental institution. Once there, Lucy faces the monumental task of finding herself – an objective made that much more difficult each time her mother visits and reveals family secrets. Ms. Conway made it easy to hate Lucy’s mother. The woman w ...more
Crystal
Aug 12, 2014 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Lucy hasn't had much experience with love whether from a lover, a friend, or a family member. She's the daughter of high society do gooders who live a life rubbing elbows on Capitol Hill. Their animal rights activism have always been priority. She's been with her boyfriend Kyle for years, but they have an unhealthy relationship. When it implodes it leads to an accident and her life changes in one night. She no longer knows who is standing behind her and who has left her alone.

Lucy's character go
Pratr- Authors
Aug 08, 2014 Pratr- Authors rated it really liked it
Lucy catches her boyfriend and her friend having sex at a frat party one night, all she wanted to do was leave. Her boyfriend Kyle and her friend Bethany end up in the car with her and all of them arguing. Next think Lucy knows is she is in the hospital and Kyle and Bethany are both dead. Her parents and her lawyer decide to send her to a psychiatric hospital or as her mother refers to it as taking a mini vacation. This is where the real story starts.
I don't want to give anything away, the book
Doris
Aug 12, 2014 Doris rated it it was amazing
*I was given a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Lucy has such a tragic and depressing past that she become suicidal, and she ends up in a psychiatric hospital. While she is there, she doesn't start off well, and she finds herself moving the wrong direction on the depression scale.
She meets Jayden- and she isn't very trusting of him at first but she doesn't let that stop her from wanting to be around him more and more. Lucy begins thinking that he was a plant there from her fa
Tracie Runge
Aug 11, 2014 Tracie Runge rated it it was amazing
Hollow is so well written it will quickly have you immersed within its pages and invested in the compelling characters and their stories.

How is that the one night Lucy White would rather forget became the one night that would change the rest of her life!!

Lucy White is living a nightmare one that started out as a fight with her boyfriend and has resulted in her being placed in Newton Heights Psychiatric Hospital. But sometimes life has a way of putting us right where we need to be. Can Lucy find
Brenda
This book started out slow for me. I was leery of reading because it is a girl in a institution. There is only so much that can be interesting about that. Let me tell you it was a good book. You start off with Lucy finding her BF and BFF in a special room at a frat party having sex. They all three end up in a car fighting and are all drunk. You NEVER drive drunk, bad things happen.
The story goes into Lucy being admitted to a psychiatric facility. She has to deal with the death of her BFF and BF.
Cathy
Aug 11, 2014 Cathy rated it really liked it
So, this book was a bit heavier and more serious than I've read in a while. For me, it had a slow start but I recommend you stick with it - it will be worth it. This is the story of Lucy, a college student that is involved in a drunk driving accident. Her path to healing is one that involves a stay at a mental hospital - this is where we meet Jayden and several other characters. Watching Lucy and other patients grow and work on overcoming their ghosts truly becomes an uplifting story. Lucy meets ...more
Lisa
Thank you Netgalley for a different romantic book. A mental institution is not were one is to find friendship, lust, romance. One is to find themselves and heal. The synopsis gives a quick online about Hollow. What it does not give you is the creativity Ava Conway has in bringing her characters to life. Conway spins her characters and webs their struggles to fit in/heal not only in society but also inside the walls of Newton Heights Psychiatric Hospital.
Starts off a little slow, but do
Rebecca
Aug 16, 2014 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, netgalley
A decent debut in the older YA/new adult field. Ava Conway had a strong idea in setting the story in a psychiatric ward, and an interesting idea for a complex relationship between two patients. However, the characters felt a bit flat as little time seemed dedicated to developing both primary and secondary characters, despite the rich potential in the unique story. (Galley Provided by Netgalley)
Leighton
Leighton rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Crystal Harris
Crystal Harris rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2014
August May
August May rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Tong
Tong rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2015
Rhonda Ingolia
Rhonda Ingolia rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2015
Shreyas Bond
Shreyas Bond rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2014
Talltree
Talltree rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Carole
Carole rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Christy Baumgarten
Christy Baumgarten rated it liked it
May 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Too Close
  • Johnny Living Dangerously
  • Unmistakable
  • Full Disclosure (Hunk DuJour, #1)
  • Nightmares from Within
  • Compliments
  • Crumbling Walls
  • The Sweetest Thing: A San Francisco Romantic Adventure (Destination Love Stories, #1)
  • Getting Real
  • Fake (A Pretty Pill, #2)
  • The Wanderer (Rider, #1)
  • Pregame
  • Blessed Chance (Blessed Tragedy, #3)
  • Red Hot Holiday
  • Untitled
  • High School Hangover
  • Chasing Cassidy
  • By My Side
At fourteen, Ava snuck her first romance novel into bed and read it by flashlight. There she met her first “book boyfriend” and has been hooked on reading ever since. She often prefers book-boyfriends to the real thing, and believes that a gooey, fudge brownie is a little piece of heaven on earth. When she’s not writing, she’s stumbling through her Zumba class (have to work off those brownies ...more
More about Ava Conway...

Perfect Little Pieces (2 books)
  • Shattered (Perfect Little Pieces #2)