Start by marking “Chasing Charlie” as Want to Read:
Chasing Charlie

Chasing Charlie

Get swept away with Vince and Angela in Chasing Charlie, a deep exploration of love and faith that has been the #1 best seller on both Kindle's Religious Romance and Christian Inspirational Romance lists, as well as in the Top 100 best sellers list of Kindle's free books.

Vince Glasser, an overworked federal agent and single father with a troubled past, already has enough
Published (first published March 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Charlie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Charlie

Cheyanna
May 24, 2013 Cheyanna rated it it was ok
Shelves: tried-to-read-it
I read the first half of this book fairly quickly and found myself skimming the second half just to say I had finished the book. I liked the characters in this book and wanted to know how the story ended for them. However, I found this book tedious and bogged down with repeat conversations and too much internal dialogue. I found more typos and grammatical errors than usual in a published work, and also found myself wanting to contact the publisher to discuss their editing style as the ...more
Donna Ruocco
Dec 10, 2013 Donna Ruocco rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Well what can I say..this is one of the most beautiful and completely heartbreaking books I have ever read.It took me days to read it as I had to keep giving myself a break as it touched me emotionally very deeply.I have to be honest I cried through most of the book..so unbelievably sad. A very realistic book,I think that's what affected me so much.The writing is amazing..it flowed from start to finish.I look forward to reading more from this Author and hope one day we get to see a continuing ...more
Susie
Aug 07, 2013 Susie rated it it was amazing
I loved getting to know Vince and Angela, Charlie, and Mitch. Their story is poignant, but full of hope, too. I feared the story would get a predictable "happy ever after" treatment, but it didn't. Real life, in a world that has sorrows and conflicts more often than we want, is still to be enjoyed and treasured. God's grace is never far away if we will just look for it. I hope Ms. Newman writes more about Angela, Charlie, and Mitch.
Maritza
May 12, 2013 Maritza rated it it was amazing
This book made me bawl like no other book ever! Angela and Vince's story is so sweet and so sad at the same time....it seems like they don't get any positive things happen to them but I guess sometimes that's how life is, we don't understand God's purpose or His will however this book was a great example of how we can trust that He has the best always in mind for us....a beautiful story of forgiveness, the renewal of faith, and of course love.... Loved it!
Diane
This was a very moving and, oddly enough, uplifting story, even though Vince's prognosis was terminal. Yet the relationship Vince and Angela create is rich and loving, sacrificial on both their parts. I loved the length of it and feel it's appropriate to the story. I don't have the energy to write more, now. All in all, a powerful story about love, and going on.
Becky Johnson
Jun 19, 2013 Becky Johnson rated it it was amazing
This book became painful to read but I only stopped to dry teary eyes it is a good story and well written. Subject of death difficult but I learned more about the why of hospice. I'm glad I read it. It was very realistic.
Kimberly Shuck
Jun 19, 2013 Kimberly Shuck rated it it was amazing
Never cried so much reading a book. Buy stock on Kleanex.
Natalia
Dec 13, 2013 Natalia rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
The first part of this story was compelling. Vince, an FBI agent, had just found out he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer and only 6 to 8 months to live. He is facing some tough decisions regarding his 6 year old son, Charlie. In the midst of everything going on, Vince acknowledges the feelings he has for his partner, Angela. The relationship grows despite the circumstances. As the story unfolds, the book gets boring. I found myself skipping large portions of the book. The story dragged and the ...more
Vera Perez
Feb 12, 2014 Vera Perez rated it really liked it
Being honest, this has been the most bittersweet piece of literature I have come across to... but even so, it's a must read.

This book gets you immerse in a world of too much reality, cause it could easily happen to anyone. It teaches you about love, about God, new beginnings, reconciliation, how to gracefully embrace and overcome bad times and much much more.

I cried, my heart broke a few times, I smiled, my heart got warm another few more times, I felt in love with these characters, all so ful
Marci Scott
Jun 29, 2013 Marci Scott rated it it was amazing
This book was incredible. I could not put it down and when I had to I would get really excited to pick it up again. The characters are so easy to relate to. I found myself in tears so many times. It broke my heart and yet at the same time made me value my faith more. It's simple message is that God loves us and is never away from us. He meets us right where we are with tender heart and open arms. I will read this many more times over.
Joyce Oliver stahle
Aug 14, 2013 Joyce Oliver stahle rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Make sure you have a box of tissues near by.
I found myself asking, "What would I do if I was in Angie's shoes?" I am not if I could gone through what she did willingly . I know it was a fiction but would I be willing to marry someone I knew didn't have long to live.
Nancy
Jun 04, 2013 Nancy rated it it was amazing
A wonderful journey of love, commitment, and faith. Always remember to count your blessings. Even in hardship, joy and happiness can be found.
Amanda
May 19, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Amazing!
Margie Westfall herr
Jun 21, 2013 Margie Westfall herr rated it it was amazing
loved it! a wonderful book about love, faith and family
Misty Weeks
Feb 02, 2014 Misty Weeks rated it really liked it
I have finally finished "Chasing Charlie". It took me longer than expected because I had to keep stopping due to the tears that kept flowing. I became very wrapped up in the characters and the situations they faced alone and together. I tend to be emotional anyway and this novel tugged at every one of my heart strings. That alone almost earned it five stars from me. However, I think some of the length could have been cut as some things were very repetitive and drawn out. I think I would have ...more
Nancy Bandusky
This is a touching and emotional novel. The author has created characters (including supporting characters) that the reader can easily identify with and care about.

While the story progresses as expected, the author does provide enough twists and turns that all is not as it seems. Answers to prayer are always there - just not necessarily what the reader or the character was expecting.

There are a few minor debatable theology issues but nothing is preached at the reader.

The FREE edition I read was
Gaila
Jun 18, 2013 Gaila rated it liked it
I'm not one for normally reading Christian books, so this one was a new thing for me. I really did enjoy it for the most part. Sometimes it seemed a little repetitive but it just showed the struggles that the characters faced throughout the story. There were several grammatical/spelling errors in the book though, and that kind of irked me but only because I am an English fanatic! Overall, I'd probably give this book 3.5/5. It is something I'd recommend for almost anyone, and hopefully they will ...more
Marylou Winaught
Jan 27, 2014 Marylou Winaught rated it it was amazing
Amazing story...

I wish I'd read this book a long time ago. You see, I lost someone to cancer in August 2012. I had no idea what he was going through until now. I think now I'm much more educated and enlightened, as well as more understanding and compassionate. I hope I never have to go through the experience again, but if it's God's will, at least I'll be able to be more supportive. The book could have been proofed a little more closely for typographical and grammatical errors, but the content m
Michelle Murray
Feb 03, 2014 Michelle Murray rated it liked it
This book was hard for me to read. Although i did like it, it was very hard to get through. It took me a long time to read it because the whole thing was so emotionally charged that i would have to stop and regroup. I cried so many times while reading.

There was a lot of repetition and that was hard to get through so i found myself skimming over a lot of stuff just to get back into the book again.

Overall a good book but if i had known upfront about how sad it was i probably would not have read i
Gophergirl58
Mar 23, 2014 Gophergirl58 rated it it was amazing
First, while I really, really enjoyed this book, I have never ever cried so much while reading one! It is a book that I am happy I read, although I could only read - and cry - so much at a time. I would think that the author absolutely must have some experience with the illness as described in the book; but if she does not, she has really researched it well.
Tracy
May 13, 2014 Tracy rated it liked it
I finished this book last night and I thought I was going to wake up my husband last night bawling. I had to get up and blow my nose it was that hardcore! I wish there were some things that would've happened to Angela that didn't but this was a realistic book, and there isn't always a real amazing happy ending in life.
Tracey Ross
Aug 22, 2016 Tracey Ross rated it really liked it
Well written but long book, a little repetitive with some of the conversations. Had to read in small segments as was a very emotional read and left me in tears more than once. What happens to Vince could happen to any one of us and makes you question how you would handle it. Absolutely heartbreaking to think about Charlie and how a 6 year old would overcome losing both his parents.

Nelta
Mar 02, 2014 Nelta rated it really liked it
I have never read a book that caused me to cry like "Chasing Charlie". It did take longer to get through this book because it evoked so many emotions...you become so emotionally invested in the characters that their heartache is yours, their joy is yours, too and you give up trying to find tissues to wipe away the tears....it's a powerful story that opened my eyes..
Kim
Nov 19, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
I cried so much! It was a v e r y long book indeed, so overall worth the read. I had the free kindle version and as other reviews have stated, a good edit would have made this book so much better, but I would read it again and highly recommend.
Tami
Apr 21, 2014 Tami rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book. It took me awhile to finish this very emotional and spiritual book. I felt so connected to Vince, Angela and Charlie. The story was so raw and painful that at times it was hard to read. I just dried my eyes and I could pick up where I left off.
Glenda Evans
Jul 09, 2015 Glenda Evans rated it it was amazing
Sad but ultimately a wonderful read. I wished that it would have had a happier ending, but it was a wonderful book all the way through! I highly recommend this book if you believe in God, love, and family!
Marjorie Sapp
Oct 31, 2014 Marjorie Sapp rated it it was amazing
Awesome

this book had me in tears on almost every page. the love portrayed between Vince and Angela was at times overwhelming. the reminder that all we have promise of is this day and that we never know what it might hold.

Feb 08, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
This book was one that sat on my TBR list for a bit after I downloaded it to my Kindle. The book surprised me, but in a good way. If you are going to read it, make sure you have tissues next to you. This book made me smile, laugh, cry, think....all things that to me, make a book excellent.
Janice Berryhill
Aug 30, 2013 Janice Berryhill rated it really liked it
Very emotional book. I thoroughly enjoyed. Sometimes feels like a lot of repetitive activity but overall worth reading in my opinion! I liked the characters but it was definitely a work of fiction as I don't see this happening too often in real life! Still I'm sappy and got emotionally involved.
Gretchen Jacka
Aug 03, 2015 Gretchen Jacka rated it it was amazing
Heartbreakingly Wonderful

Wonderfully written, spellbinding and heart wrenching all at the same time. I felt like I couldn't read it fast enough, yet it felt like I was reading it too quickly. I didn't want it to end the way it did yet, it was a happy ending.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Lights and Shadows (Oregon in Love, #2)
  • Tomorrow's Sun (Lost Sanctuary #1)
  • Behind the Mask (Horstberg Saga #1)
  • Surrendered Hearts
  • Past Forward-A Serial Novel: Volume I (Past Forward, #1-5)
  • Chop, Chop (Chop, Chop, #1)
  • Beyond Nostalgia
  • Rain Dance
  • Accidentally Yours
  • This Very Moment
7032098
C. M. Newman is in her late twenties and lives in the Midwest. She enjoys writing (obviously), napping, and watching TV shows marathon-style on Netflix. She is host to a myriad of pathetic diseases that make organizing pills a challenge. She loves photography, so she bought a fancy camera and dusts it off once every three months, naturally.

Look out for her next untitled book in the coming months!

N
More about C.M. Newman...

“to shower. We’ll see what kind of time I have left after that.” “I can clean up, don’t worry about it,” Mitch said. “I got some sleep.” “I need to be doing something now that I’m up,” Angela said. After they tidied up, Angela retreated to bed for a while, saving a shower for later. She found sleep easily enough again, but it was still of the haunted variety. Some dreams were like her earlier ones, cruel but not revolting. Others were flat out nightmares. Walking hand-in-hand with him in the park only to have him vanish from right beside her.” 0 likes