Start by marking “Unstoppable: 45 Powerful Stories of Perseverance and Triumph from People Just Like You” as Want to Read:

Do you crave more out of life, but are unsure about how to get it? Do you secretly fear you don't have what it takes to achieve your true heart's desire? Or if you think you do, is everyone telling you to forget about it and be realistic?
Unstoppable is the first step to creating the life you've always wanted to live. This ultimate personal motivator introduces you to 45 p
Published June 1st 1998 by Sourcebooks (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Unstoppable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unstoppable

Dana Arcuri
Jul 13, 2012 Dana Arcuri rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this inspirational book! It's one of those motivational books with life-changing true life stories in which you feel like you could run a marathon by the time you are done.

The 45 remarkable true life stories were demonstrations of a group of individuals who were determined to make a positive difference in this world. They didn't sit back and take no for an answer. Instead, they persevered through horrendous hardships to overcome unfathomable obstacles.

Unstoppable was EMPOWER
SJ Barakony
Dec 14, 2014 SJ Barakony rated it it was amazing
There's so much goodness in this book, it is a 5-star.

Due to the corrosive effect that the mass/major media has on discourse in the nations of the West ( esp. America ), nearly all of these 45 accounts that Ms. Kersey covers in the seven sections of the book were unknown to me until finishing the book yesterday.
( fortunately, the mass/major media no longer has a place in the 24 hrs I'm allotted daily )

There's also an excellent short section on teaching about mastermind groups; being the co-orga
Jen
Jan 30, 2010 Jen rated it it was amazing
Featuring 45 inspirational accounts of entrepreneurs, business founders, political leaders, and others who found their unstoppable impulse and changed their own lives, "Unstoppable" includes Cynthia Kersey's seven-step plan for finding and following one's dream. "A must-read for anyone who wants to succeed in life".--Kemmons Wilson, founder of Holiday Inn. 256 pp. Author tour. Media publicity. 75,000 print. Buyer's Choice. It was really really pusuading in doing something like the people in the ...more
JP
May 18, 2013 JP rated it liked it
This book offers some inspiring stories in a well-organized context. Also useful was Schuller's Possibility Thinking Game (number 1-10 on a paper and brainstorm for possible solutions). Seven Characteristics of Unstoppable People: 1. Devote themselves to their true purpose, 2. Follow their heart's passion, 3. Believe in themselves and their ideas, 4. Prepare for challenges, 5. Ask for help and build a support team, 6. Seek creative solutions, 7. Persevere, no matter what the challenges.
Carol
Feb 05, 2010 Carol rated it it was ok
Work hard, persevere ... and if you just happen to know rich folks who'll invest in your idea, that can't hurt either. Maybe it was the title -- the stories themselves were inspirational, but seriously? Most of these people, seems like they had connections and that paid off at the crucial moment. Well, that and when she mentions that no one is any more than 6 people from the President of the United States. Uh yeah...
Jakki
Oct 29, 2011 Jakki rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
An encouraging book about following your dreams. Stories of people hwo failed MANY TIMES before they were successful in their endeavors. Included specific ideas to get your "project" going and keep it going - involves having an accountability group of friends - something I would not be interested in doing that formally.
Kay
Apr 14, 2010 Kay rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I didn't end up reading this cover to cover as I soon discovered that I am completely burnt out on 'follow your dreams, you can still succeed if you never give up' type stories. I guess I've just read so many of them in the past and am no longer that surprised by them.

I did like the bit I read about the founder of Dominoes though, so this probably is a good book if you're in the mood for it.
Nadia
May 06, 2012 Nadia rated it it was amazing
This book will give you a swift kick and pick me up when you read it. Each story is about overcoming huge obstacles and doing something that was once seemingly impossible. Read just one and you'll start thinking that things are indeed possible. You can achieve your dream!
Valarie Denise
Apr 11, 2016 Valarie Denise rated it it was amazing
I have read this great work more than once. Each story reminded me of my own greatness. I have often said when asked what is my most favorite book, my response continues to be Unstoppable by Cynthia Kersey.
Michael Delaware
Feb 28, 2016 Michael Delaware rated it it was amazing
Shelves: success
This book is amazing. It taps into that spiritual power within all of us. For me, I found this book at a key point in my life and I am so glad I read it. This is a book you will want not only to read, but also to read over and over.
Patrick
Mar 19, 2012 Patrick rated it really liked it
Inspiring stories of people that overcame obstacles to achieve their lofty goals. It also have steps on how to achieve goals. Can be read in short (bathroom reader) type increments. Very uplifting and encouraging.
Kadena
Jan 27, 2008 Kadena rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
Wonderful reminder of the great power that dwells within every man! Believe in the beauty of your dreams and then take action! This book will inspire and encourage you to release your hidden potential.
Ramjas Swami
Jul 25, 2015 Ramjas Swami rated it did not like it
Iam a teacher. Iwish to read this book to get inspirations from the stories as well as wish to inspire my students by telling these stories.
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2008
Ismaanzira Ismail
Ismaanzira Ismail rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2010
Amanda
May 10, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Worth reading and re-reading
Jeff Michaels
Jeff Michaels rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2012
Tushi Kukadiya
Tushi Kukadiya rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2013
Georgia
Jul 23, 2012 Georgia rated it it was amazing

Excellent book on overcoming.
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2008
Gautam Wadhwani
Gautam Wadhwani rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2015
Patrick
Patrick rated it did not like it
Feb 04, 2009
Tina Meraz
Tina Meraz rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2010
Will Clarke
Will Clarke rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Chris Willis
Chris Willis rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2016
Samia
Nov 30, 2010 Samia rated it liked it
I think i've been reading too many self-help books...i really don't need to...trust me. ...more
Darren
Darren rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2015
José Antonio Lopez
José Antonio Lopez rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Jan Payne
Jan Payne rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Having It All: Achieving Your Life's Goals and Dreams
  • Working with the Law: 11 Truth Principles for Successful Living
  • Stand Up for Your Life: A Practical Step-by-Step Plan to Build Inner Confidence and Personal Power
  • Conversations with Millionaires: What Millionaires Do to Get Rich, That You Never Learned about in School!
  • The Winner Within
  • The Top 10 Distinctions Between Millionaires and the Middle Class
  • Voyage of a Viking: How a Man of Action Can Become a Man of Grace
  • The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past
  • FORTUNE The Greatest Business Decisions of All Time: How Apple, Ford, IBM, Zappos, and others made radical choices that changed the course of business.
  • The 12 Bad Habits That Hold Good People Back: Overcoming the Behavior Patterns That Keep You From Getting Ahead
  • It's Not About the Horse
  • Pitch Like a Girl: Get Respect, Get Noticed, Get What You Want
  • Life Is Tremendous
  • I Want to Be Her!: How Friends and Strangers Helped Shape My Style
  • The Art of Persuasion: Winning Without Intimidation
  • Sparkle: The Girl's Guide to Living a Deliciously Dazzling, Wildly Effervescent, Kick-Ass Life
  • It's Only Too Late If You Don't Start Now: How To Create Your Second Life At Any Age
  • The Psychology of Winning