Unstoppable: 45 Powerful Stories of Perseverance and Triumph from People Just Like You

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Do you crave more out of life, but are unsure about how to get it? Do you secretly fear you don't have what it takes to achieve your true heart's desire? Or if you think you do, is everyone telling you to forget about it and be realistic?
Unstoppable is the first step to creating the life you've always wanted to live. This ultimate personal motivator introduces you to 45 p...more
Published June 1st 1998 by Sourcebooks

To ask other readers questions about Unstoppable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unstoppable

Dana Arcuri
I absolutely LOVED this inspirational book! It's one of those motivational books with life-changing true life stories in which you feel like you could run a marathon by the time you are done.

The 45 remarkable true life stories were demonstrations of a group of individuals who were determined to make a positive difference in this world. They didn't sit back and take no for an answer. Instead, they persevered through horrendous hardships to overcome unfathomable obstacles.

Unstoppable was EMPOWER...more
Jen
Featuring 45 inspirational accounts of entrepreneurs, business founders, political leaders, and others who found their unstoppable impulse and changed their own lives, "Unstoppable" includes Cynthia Kersey's seven-step plan for finding and following one's dream. "A must-read for anyone who wants to succeed in life".--Kemmons Wilson, founder of Holiday Inn. 256 pp. Author tour. Media publicity. 75,000 print. Buyer's Choice. It was really really pusuading in doing something like the people in the...more
JP
This book offers some inspiring stories in a well-organized context. Also useful was Schuller's Possibility Thinking Game (number 1-10 on a paper and brainstorm for possible solutions). Seven Characteristics of Unstoppable People: 1. Devote themselves to their true purpose, 2. Follow their heart's passion, 3. Believe in themselves and their ideas, 4. Prepare for challenges, 5. Ask for help and build a support team, 6. Seek creative solutions, 7. Persevere, no matter what the challenges.
Carol
Work hard, persevere ... and if you just happen to know rich folks who'll invest in your idea, that can't hurt either. Maybe it was the title -- the stories themselves were inspirational, but seriously? Most of these people, seems like they had connections and that paid off at the crucial moment. Well, that and when she mentions that no one is any more than 6 people from the President of the United States. Uh yeah...
Kay
I didn't end up reading this cover to cover as I soon discovered that I am completely burnt out on 'follow your dreams, you can still succeed if you never give up' type stories. I guess I've just read so many of them in the past and am no longer that surprised by them.

I did like the bit I read about the founder of Dominoes though, so this probably is a good book if you're in the mood for it.
Jakki
An encouraging book about following your dreams. Stories of people hwo failed MANY TIMES before they were successful in their endeavors. Included specific ideas to get your "project" going and keep it going - involves having an accountability group of friends - something I would not be interested in doing that formally.
Nadia
This book will give you a swift kick and pick me up when you read it. Each story is about overcoming huge obstacles and doing something that was once seemingly impossible. Read just one and you'll start thinking that things are indeed possible. You can achieve your dream!
Patrick
Inspiring stories of people that overcame obstacles to achieve their lofty goals. It also have steps on how to achieve goals. Can be read in short (bathroom reader) type increments. Very uplifting and encouraging.
Kadena
Wonderful reminder of the great power that dwells within every man! Believe in the beauty of your dreams and then take action! This book will inspire and encourage you to release your hidden potential.
Samia
I think i've been reading too many self-help books...i really don't need to...trust me. ☺
CawfeeDrinker
Easy to read and get inspired to get back up when life pushes you down.
John McPhee
ten or so of these are well worth the price of admission ... yes get it
Georgia

Excellent book on overcoming.
Analisa
Some good stories...nothing spectacular.
Rajah Heetai
Fabulous, fun and enlightening read!
Nicole Marquette
This will book will get you pumped up!
Melissa Johnson
Absolutely inspiring!
Amanda
Worth reading and re-reading
Ukoha Emmanuel
Ukoha Emmanuel marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Đức Nguyên
Đức Nguyên is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Jorge
Jorge marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Unstoppable Women: Achieve Any Breakthrough Goal in 30 Days Nada Me Detendra/Unstoppable Unstoppable Unstoppable: To Be Determined Unsinkable: How to Bounce Back Quickly When Life Knocks You Down