Beauty and the Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #2)

Beauty and the Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  4,209 ratings  ·  336 reviews
The Billionaire Boys Club is a secret society of six men who have vowed success—at any cost. Not all of them are old money, but all of them are incredibly wealthy. They’re just not always as successful when it comes to love…

Real-estate tycoon Hunter Buchanan has a dark past that’s left him scarred and living as a recluse on his family’s palatial estate. Hunter is ready to...more
Published July 16th 2013 by Berkley Intermix

Outlander by Diana GabaldonDark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley ColeCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghBorn in Sin by Kinley MacGregorTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Books with Virgin Heroes
22nd out of 269 books — 518 voters
Beauty by Robin McKinleyLord of Scoundrels by Loretta ChaseBeastly by Alex FlinnLover Awakened by J.R. WardWhen Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James
Beauty and the Beast
50th out of 401 books — 876 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa

Beauty and the Billionaire is book two in Jessica Clare’s The Billionaire Boys Club. Ms. Clare hit the mark with this Beauty and the Beast fairytale-esque story where our scarred and emotionally handicapped hero meets a vibrant and feisty heroine and will do anything to spend a little time with her. While the plot may not be super original despite the author’s spin on the classic tale, I will never tire of beauty meets beast storylines so I truly enjoyed this book.

“Why the mirror?” she whispere...more
Catarina
4 Beautiful Stars

Hunter is one of Logan’s best-friends (you remember him from the first book) and although he´s basically a real-state genius he’s also a tremendously closed person. Mostly because of his scarred aspect, but also because his scars aren’t only external. He’s pretty broken on the inside and that’s a place harder to heal.

description

One days he see’s Gretchen and he becomes fascinated with her, so he offers her a job she can’t refuse, only to be close to her. Gretchen is a ghost-writer and wh...more
Jess - A is for Alpha B is for Books

Dark Broody Cranky Male …… CHECK
Sexy and Scarred ……. CHECK ( some women find scars sexy)
Billionaire…….. CHECK
Virgin Hero…… CHECK

WHAT…..

He is a virgin....
Say what??

Wow Holy Hotness
Who would of thought a Scarred Billionaire Virgin would get me hot and bothered!

First and foremost do not, under any circumstances let the fact that the hero is a virgin sway you from reading this.
Causelet me tell you ladies you will want to meet Hunter.

It is really quite erotic reading about a grown man and his firs...more
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
I am in love with this series. I was hesitant to read the first book because it had 'billionaire' in the title and I kind of sworn off Billionaire books. But this series is so different from other Billionaire books out there. I'm so happy that I gave this series a chance.

We met Hunter in the first book. He lives a pretty solitary life thanks to his scarred face. In book 1, when he spies on Gretchen and Bronte, he is immediately taken with Gretchen. He hears her say that she doesn't care about a...more
Susan

Contemporary take on Beauty and the Beast...the "beast" being an injury-mutilated/scarred billionaire.

It's been a bit since I've read a het romance book and quite frankly, I think just because the sheer volume of options and choices that are produced out there, it's really hard to find the good ones. This was an ok read...it's hella cheesy and for being a contemporary book, I'm disappointed at how...unrealistic so much of it is. Suspension of reality and overlooking lame details is required.

Th...more
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
I LOVED this book.

Ever since we met Gretchen in the first book, I knew she was my kind of heroine. Smart, spunky, and irreverent. She certainly set the tone for the whole book.

Gretchen is a ghost writer who hates her job. She writes crap. The tile of the novel she is working on is Astronout Bill and the Space Vixens of Dark Planet . Is it any wonder she can't seem to make her deadline? So, when she's offered an interesting and lucrative job to write a novel based on a series of Victorian era...more
Michelle
Beauty and the Billionaire is the second installment of the Billionaire Boys Club and the story of Hunter Buchanan & Gretchen Petty.

We met these two in Stranded, Gretchen was the quirky roommate with the hairless cat and Hunter was the deeply scarred recluse man who in a moment of overhearing Gretchen's words knows he has to have her.

Hunter has money at his disposal and he plans on using it to lure Gretchen in with the hopes that he can get to know her - even love her. But he knows that she...more
SM Book Obsessions
Beauty & the Beast is my all-time favorite fairy tales, so anytime I stumble across a novel along those lines that has some sex mixed in, I’m a goner. I’ve probably read dozens of them and I can without a doubt say this one is now one of my favorites, landing itself a spot on my re-read shelf.

“Save me from the rich, attractive alpha males. They think they’re the heroes from a fairy tale. Little do they know, they’re more like the villains.”

Our hero of the story, Hunter, is not only physical...more
Shelene
I really want this book out sooner than July :(
Vettech
This story is sweet, romantic and hilarious all at the same time!! The 2nd book in the Billionaire boys club series....The story is about billionaire Hunter Buchanan & ghost writer (who actually hates her occupation) Gretchen Petty.

Incredibly lonely and physically scarred Hunter desperately wants to get to know the beautiful red-head Gretchen and goes to some, not so honest means, to do so.

I felt so bad for Hunter and found myself feeling sorry for him. Having to sit in his big-ass dinning...more
Chandra
Story Rating 4 Stars
Character Rating 4 Stars
Romance Rating 4.5 Stars
Heat Level 5 Stars
Overall Rating 4.5 Stars

description

I loved this book! Much more than the first book of the series. Hunter was beautiful and Gretchen was the perfect match. Book was a quick read, but super sweet. Very Beauty and the Beast feel to it, which I loved.

And it was...
description

There was a bit of insta-love, but again, it seemed to work for this book. Or maybe I just really liked the book. Either way, I loved it.

That's all...ahhh thank y...more
Amanda
I always love a Beauty and the Beast theme book and will never miss reading one of it. I thought Book 1 Stranded with a Billionaire was good, but Book 2 Beauty and the Billionaire left me feeling slightly disappointed. The Hunter that I knew from Book 1 doesn't really live up to my expectation. Usually scarred hero can be insecure and vulnerable, but they will have another alpha side that make us swoon for them. However, that's really not the case here.

There is some flashback on previous book re...more
Vina
I was surprised by how much I liked this book. I fell head over heels with Hunter. The whole scarred, virgin thing was definitely different and made him stand out. I also really liked Gretchen and how she handled such a unique situation.
And it was also really funny! was laughing myself a lot from comical situations the heroine got herself in and that she blurted first thing she got on mind even if it is not "proper".Really liked characters differences,development and how it evolved all.Really n...more
Jacqueline's Reads
5 Heart Warming “Beauty and the Beast” STARS

OH.MY.GOSH! If you love the story of Beauty and the Beast then this book is for you!!!! It’s SUPER SUPER SUPER CUTE!!!!

You have the scared Hero, Hunter. He has scars all over his face, his torso and he’s also missing a finger! Don’t you feel for him? Because he’s so scared, Hunter is recluse, stays in his mansion and hardly gets out, but he’s also very lonely.

Gretchen is a beauty, but a broke one. She’s a writer and she’s writes books she doesn’t like,...more
 Rosebud
This is the first book I've read by this author. The premise is pretty straight forward. Struggling working girl catches the eye of billionaire. Billionaire wants her so he manipulates things so she comes in close contact with him.

I have to say it. This story is loosely based on "Beauty and the Beast" in premise. Recluse billionaire Hunter Buchanan is a loner who knows how to run his empire but doesn't know how to date. So when he sees Gretchen Petty he's not sure how or what to do. Luckily he...more
babyfishmouth
I really disliked the first book in this series but I got lured into reading this one by the intriguing premise, low price and good reviews.
I should have trusted my gut, though, and skipped it.

I love "Beauty and the Beast" stories but the execution on this one is poorly done. Hunter is a very reclusive 30 year old billionaire who overhears a three minute conversation between Gretchen and the heroine from the first book in the series. Somehow, in that brief amount of time, he concludes that Gret...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Billionaire Boys Club by Jessica Clare. We met both the hero and heroine in the previous book Stranded With A Billionaire. Hunter Buchanan is attracted to Gretchen Petty after seeing her once and puts in motion the opportunity for her to live in his mansion to ghost-write. Gretchen, in turn, finds Hunter attractive and works to break through his defenses.

Another hot and steamy read. It is the Beauty and the Beast theme. Started off a little slow but it didn't get boring by...more
Kimberly
I absolutely fell in love with this book! It reminds me of Beauty and the Beast! Such a good story!! I loved both the hero and heroine! We should no with a pet like Igor these two couldn't go wrong! I won't spoil the book so .... That being said go out and get it run don't walk! It filled all my needs, hot SMEXY scenes, and so much off the charts romance it was incredible!!
Heidi
3.5 stars. Modern day Beauty and the Beast with extra dash of sex thrown in for good measure. Didn't enjoy this one nearly as much as the first. Maybe it was the fairy tale analogy. Still an ok read.
 ~V~
Cute, sexy and enjoyable "Beauty and the Beast" storyline!
Yolanda
Beauty and the Beast, Phantom of the Opera...who cares I loved them all and I LOVED this one equally as much!

Hunter had me rooting for him since the first book when I heard he was scarred. I have a thing for the ‘underdogs’. Emotionally scarred or physically who cares? Don’t you just want too protect him and love him to death? LoL

I loved this book. I loved Gretchen and how she reacted to him! I loved their time spent together and how he opened up to her. I’m a sucker for a beautiful story.

Just l...more
Holly
I marked this as a new-to-me author, but I'm not sure I can claim that since I've read Jill Myles before and this is one of her pen names.

This is a modern take on Beauty and the Beast. Reclusive billionaire engineers it so sexy ghostwriter is forced to live with him. I'm not always a huge fan of fairytale rewrites, but this one worked. Mainly because the similarities are there only in the basics of the story.

Based on the blurb I thought this was going to be a dark read. I expected something ki...more
Mandi Schreiner
I really enjoyed this one. It’s sexy and fun, with a tortured hero and a heroine who teases and cares and is so sexy herself. My top ten reasons (and yes, there are a few explicit quotes below)

1. Hunter is a VIRGIN billionaire with massive scarring (from falling out of a boat and hitting a propeller – zomg!) on his face and chest and is missing a finger. (My god, do I even need to continue???)

2. The heroine, Gretchen, a ghost writer, is super cute and witty and says “I’d rather have a man who is...more
Nicole
Review originally posted here with Has and E: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/07/16/...

1. Thoughts on the Hero

MinnChica: What to say about Hunter? I was intrigued by the scarred man when he first appeared in Stranded with a Billionaire, especially once his attraction to Gretchen became evident. I think that Clare does an incredible job writing virgin heroes (read her Sims book Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter for another goodie) and I loved how shy and insecure Hunter was about it. At the same ti...more
Caroline Malpas
Well that was a very pleasant surprise, this is the story of a scarred, reclusive man ( Hunter) who overhears a conversation between two women and how one of them (Gretchen) makes a declaration that has Hunter desperate to have her in his life for while.

This is a modern day take on Beauty and the Beast, (with some surprisingly hot shagging scenes thrown in ), fluffy in parts but not full on bum clenchingly smaltzy, I really couldn't put it down, a totally sweet, sexy, oops he's lost his V card...more
heidi 1820
This is more than just another arrogant billionaire love affair but a story about a man that can afford anything in the world but feels too damaged to ever find happiness until a beautiful writer comes into his life who sees past his physical pain, and helps him accept his scars and together they start a journey to give each other the happiness neither one thought was possible. This is the second in the Billionaire Boys Club series by Jessica Clare and I have to say that even though they are com...more
Deanne
3 STARS

Well, I struggled with this one a bit. It was a slow start for me but I still can't get enough of this billionaire circle. I did enjoy the first one more than this but I should clarify something...I tend to struggle with women in a dominate role. It's simply not something that works for me - - aka it doesn't turn me on. Sooooo, if that's something that doesn't bother you I think you would really enjoy this one a lot more than me. With that said, if you have read the first one, don't stop...more
Shantal  (VERIFED BOOK LOVER)
I found this so endearing and cute. They were perfectly suited and I understood every bit of the hero's hesitation . Sad to say its hard for people to overlook physical imperfections -I find myself in this batch . I would like to say I'm not that vain and shallow but i have never been in close contact with anyone that isnt well Normal .

This book has opened my eyes and I would hope I am a better person in regards to my vainess about appearances. I love how fearless the heroine is and I applaud h...more
Andrea
Another enjoyable romp with the the second member of the Billionaire Boys Club. Hunter Buchanan, the most reclusive member of the Billionaire Boys Club finds love in the second book of the series by Jessica Clare. Through his own machinations Hunter gets Gretchen under his roof despite his business acumen he is adrift trying to relate to this impetuous outspoken writer who is turning his life upside down. A must read for fans of Jessica Clare and anyone who is a sucker for a clumsy beast just lo...more
Aly is so frigging bored
I started this book as soon as I finished the 1st one and I couldn’t have made a better decision! This is a love story of 2 people discovering love and each other in a way neither expected. The story starts with the scene where Hunter hears Bronte and Gretchen talking about men. He is very curious about her and he comes out with an outrageous plan of meeting and getting to know her.

I didn’t know too much about Hunter as I got into his book. In Logan’s book we only found out that he was Logan’s b...more
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • Bared by Him: (The Billionaire's Club #5)
  • The Accidental Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #2)
  • Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)
  • Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4)
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
  • Love Thy Neighbour (Friend-Zoned, #2)
  • Uncommon Passion (Uncommon, #2)
  • Something Reckless (Albright Sisters, #2)
  • The Story Guy
  • Tempt Me Tonight
  • The Boss’s Fake Fiancee  (Bencher Family #2)
  • His Challenging Lover  (The Thorpe Brothers, #4)
  • Inside Bet (Vegas Top Guns, #2)
  • The Accidental Bride (Accidental #3)
  • The Professional: Part 1 (The Game Maker, #1.1)
  • In the Clear (Winter Rescue #1)
This is a pen name for Jill Myles.

Jill Myles has been an incurable romantic since childhood. She reads all the 'naughty parts' of books first, looks for a dirty joke in just about everything, and thinks to this day that the Little House on the Prairie books should have been steamier.

After devouring hundreds of paperback romances, mythology books, and archaeological tomes, she decided to write a fe...more
More about Jessica Clare...
Last Hit (Hitman, #1) Stranded with a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #1) The Wrong Billionaire's Bed (Billionaire Boys Club, #3) Last Breath (Hitman, #2) Once upon a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #4)

“I don’t find you ugly, Hunter. No one who knew you could.” Her voice was achingly soft. “If anything, I’m grateful that you have these scars, because they saved you for me— for this moment in time. And that’s a little selfish of me, isn’t it? And yet I can’t help but feel that way.” 20 likes
“The scars were not beautiful, but they were fascinating. They made him different. She liked different.” 3 likes