Start by marking “Pete the Cat: The Wheels on the Bus” as Want to Read:

Come on, Pete!"

Hop on board!"

Audio, 32 pages
Published June 25th 2013 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Pete the Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pete the Cat

Rosa Cline
Aug 04, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids
This wasn't one of my favorite Pete the Cat book. There wasn't any of the 'fun' stuff that Pete The Cat books have. This was word for word of the song of "Wheels on the Bus" so if your child likes that song then they'll love this book. There is just one or two phrases that is made for Pete the Cat and is different than the original song. The illustrations are fun (about the only thing 'fun' about the book)
Katelyn Bognatz
Title: Pete the Cat: The Wheels on the Bus

Author: James Dean

Illustrator: James Dean

Genre: Picture Book

Theme(s): repetition

Opening line/sentence: “The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round all day long.”

Brief book summary: Very similar to the traditional wheels on the bus we all know, but has its own little twist to it.

Professional Recommendation/Review #1: Tima Murrell (Children's Literature)
Pete the Cat is driving a
YUE LE
Oct 13, 2015 YUE LE rated it really liked it
Shelves: nursery-rhyme
Title: Pete the cat—the wheels on the bus
Author: James Dean
Genre: Picture book
Theme(s): cat, school, songs, musics. Nursery rythme; text and song
Opening line/sentence: The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round all day long.
Brief Book Summary: The life of a cat driver.
Professional Recommendation/Review #1:
From School Library Journal
K-Gr 1-Cool dude Pete the Cat is now driving a yellow school bus and picking up kitties al
Samantha Zimmerman
Pete the Cat; Wheels on the Bus is a fun rendition of wheels on the bus. The main character is Pete, who is cat. Pete goes through everything about the bus and the other cats and dogs on the bus singing what happens with everything on the bus like the horn, the windshield wipers, and the lights. The book really allows children to interact with what is going on, the noises and the actions catch the reader’s attention and make reading fun. Though, I don’t think that this book would be acceptable i ...more
Angie
Dec 15, 2014 Angie rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "The kitties on the bus say,
Come on, Pete!"

Hop on board!"

Pete the Cat can't wait to drive the school bus all the way to school! Everyone's favorite cat is groovier than ever in this way- cool adaptation of the classic kids' song "The Wheels on the Bus"!"

My Review: This was another Christmas gift and our first Pete the Cat. Munchkin had a blast with this book, he loves cats and he loves the wheels on the bus. This book was a perfe
Feb 12, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shevy
What an adorable book! As is obvious, this book is based on "The Wheels On the Bus". It has the traditional "wheels on the bus go round and round" , "horn on the bus goes beep beep beep", but also includes "Cats on the bus say let's rock on! Let's rock on!" and other cute verses that incorporate Pete's cool personality. The pictures are bright, bold, and colorful.

I want to get my daugther all the books I had as a kid, but the truth is, there is a lot that has come out since I was her age, 25 ye
Robin
Jul 21, 2016 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 4 year old gives this 5 stars!
Richie Partington
Richie's Picks: PETE THE CAT: THE WHEELS ON THE BUS by James Dean, HarperCollins, June 2013, 32p., ISBN: 978-0-06-219871-6

"The bus came by and I got on, that's where it all began"
-- Grateful Dead (I'm currently listening to a scorching TOO from 11/4/77, the Cotterell Gym at Colgate)

Move over, Pigeon and Cowboy Neal! Pete the Cat's in the driver's seat on this bus.

"The kitties on the bus say 'Come on, Pete!'
'Come on, Pete!' 'Come on, Pete!'
The kitties on the bus say 'Come on, Pete!' all day lon
Valerie
Jul 08, 2013 Valerie rated it it was amazing
I do a sing along at the library where I work. Every week I read a book or two to break up the half hour of songs. Usually, I try to find books that are also songs. The Pete the Cat series is my favorite. While I am eagerly awaiting the next installment of amazing Pete books, I saw what appeared to be a mini series coming out of familiar songs. This was pretty much what I hoped for, a retelling of The Wheels on the Bus with Pete the Cat charm. Sometimes I have a group of older kids, and this wil ...more
Linda
Sep 28, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
Based on the creation of James Dean, this latest Pete the Cat book is sure to leave you singing.

Boldly colorful and silly as Pete the Cat books are, The Wheels on the Bus has cats plus one dog riding on a school bus singing this oh-so-familiar tune. Pete drives the bus while staring through the windshield of this bright yellow school bus. The words of the song flow along the pages with new verses and added twists. He keeps his serious, straight face throughout while the readers are having fun, s
Susan
May 30, 2014 Susan rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s, fantasy
At first, this looked like it might be a book I'd want to get for my grandkids. But it was actually rather boring, with very little creativity in the text. Though the illustrations are cute, that's not enough to carry the book. For kids who already know the "Wheels on the Bus" song, it's unnecessary; and, as another reviewer mentioned, the few changes could actually be rather confusing when it's not clear whether one is singing the original version or Pete's.
Tima
Oct 02, 2013 Tima rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Pete the Cat is driving a bus for all of the little kittens and one small dog. Following the same rhyming pattern of the popular children's song, the book takes the reader on a journey through a day of sounds with Pete the cat. The book is written to follow the song, so is not written as a story. Young readers will enjoy the rhyming patterns that can be either read or sung. The illustrator has filled each page with color and helps to bring the story alive. The different fonts make the writing s ...more
Justice Strong
Oct 12, 2015 Justice Strong rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Overall I enjoyed this book. The illustrations were bright and colorful. The text font was also eye catching that helped with making the words become active. I would recommend this book for a classroom library. I would use this book for group reading and individual study. Also the class could reenact the story and make additions to assist with comprehension.
Erin Whittle
Feb 23, 2016 Erin Whittle added it
Shelves: rdng-350
This book was really cute. The illustration was great. It was, however, word for word the song "The Wheels on the Bus", with a small twist for Pete the Cat. When I read it, I sang it aloud. It's a fun book if you like to sing! Pete the Cat books are always fun. The pictures are silly and the class I read it to really enjoyed it.
Holly Letson
Another PtC book that I am not impressed with. This is just an overly extended and drawn-out version of the children's song, *The Wheels on the Bus*. Not impressive happens. Pete just grows up to be a bus driver.

I listened to this story @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBc03..., and the narrator handles it quite well.
Karrie
Jul 08, 2015 Karrie rated it it was amazing
This is a book wise teachers told me about. I feel like everyone knew about the best series in the world before I did because these have been out for some time. But Quinton and I sure are enjoying James Dean's books. Maybe we are the lucky ones because we still have so many Pete the Cat books in front of us.
gina
Jul 21, 2015 gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, board-book
I'm going to have to check out more Pete the Cat books for sure! This was a big hit with Woods (17 mo). It helps that The Wheels on the Bus is one of his top two favorite songs and that he has other Wheels on the Bus books he loves. We read this one quite a bit before returning it to the library.
Miss Sarah
a reimagining of the wheels on the bus song with Pete the cat driving the bus. Great for younger kids or a storytime on repetition. Fans of the Pete the Cat will like it but others might find it a little long.
Mar 11, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This is a fantastic and fun kid series. My 6 yr old loves all the Pete the Cat's. They are very simple to read and most of them have cute rhymes or songs. Plus now she says things like groovy all the time.
Naomi
Jul 14, 2015 Naomi rated it did not like it
Basically The Wheels on the Bus with some Pete the Cat lyrics thrown in. Pretty boring given the topic. Not the worst Pete the Cat book, but definitely nowhere near my favorite either.
Emma
Jan 25, 2016 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just have one thing to say. The entire time I spent reading this book I couldn't help but read it as if I were actually singing the song. That tune is stuck in my head now.
Jasmine
Jul 03, 2014 Jasmine rated it liked it
Cute, although I'm not a huge fan of the type. It was on sale at B&N so we got it. I wouldn't have gotten it normally, but it was worth the discounted price, I think...
Christine Grant
Mar 27, 2014 Christine Grant rated it really liked it
Finding new books to use with my Movement and Music program can be a little challenging. This was just okay. A few of the pages were a stretch but the kids did like it.
Jinky
Mar 28, 2016 Jinky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
My nursery kids enjoyed this rendition of Wheels on the Bus. There's something about Pete the Cat illustrations that catches their eyes ..bold, colorful, and fun.
Nicole Wrightson
A cute book that I dare you not to sing along with. I love books that make reading fun for my daughter and she had fun reading this book to me. It's cute and adorable.
Tracie
Jun 08, 2014 Tracie rated it it was amazing
Awesome adaptation of a song already cherished by kiddos. This was the first Pete the Cat book we ever read and we have been avid Pete the Cat fans ever since!
Craig
Sep 07, 2014 Craig rated it really liked it
A fun find at the library. I would probably have given it three stars, but Chloe says "really liked it" sounds closer to how she felt about it.
Heather
Mar 11, 2015 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: from-library, musical
I'm not a huge Wheel's On The Bus fan, it's so repetitious but hey kids LOVE it and H is no different. He quite enjoys this read.
Brittany Perry
Nov 16, 2014 Brittany Perry rated it it was amazing
My son loved this cute version of wheels on the bus. The pictures were nice and the character of Pete made my son more interested.
Becca
Not my favorite Pete the Cat, but it would work really well in a transportation, back to school, or sing-along themed storytime.
  • Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses
  • The Wheels on the Bus
  • Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
  • Bits & Pieces
  • Cat Tale
  • Night Light
  • If You're Happy And You Know It: Jungle Edition
  • If It's Snowy and You Know It, Clap Your Paws!
  • Nighty Night, Little Green Monster