Start by marking “Welcome Back Stacey! (The Babysitters Club, #28)” as Want to Read:
Welcome Back Stacey! (The Babysitters Club, #28)

Welcome Back Stacey! (The Baby-Sitters Club #28)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,939 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Stacey's parents are getting divorced and she has to decide whether to stay in New York with her father or move back to Stoneybrook with her mother.
Paperback
Published August 1996 by Scholastic Hippo (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Welcome Back Stacey!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome Back Stacey!

Shira
this is my first time reading this book!

stacey's parents announce that they are getting a divorce. stacey's dad decides to move on up to the east side while stacey's mother decides to return to stoneybrook. though they will have joint custody of stacey, they ask stacey to choose which parent she would like to live with primarily. unsurprisingly (based on the spoiler title) she chooses stoneybrook and moves into the house behind the pikes where the weird french people that the pikes thought were
Ciara
Aug 04, 2010 Ciara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a cute above the average BSC book, probably because there's not much babysitting involved. in the first chapter, stacey is sitting for henry & grace walker, two little kids that live in her NYC apartment building. she's a little distracted, thinking about how her parents haven't been getting along lately. sure enough, when she goes back to her floor, she can hear her parents screaming at each other from the elevator. they are mostly arguing about money. apparently mrs. mcgill dropped over $1 ...more
Sally
Apparently this was written because Stacey was a fan favourite so it made sense to move her back to Stoneybrook? Raar, ugh, is all I say. ;)
Julie Decker
Stacey's life is a mess; her parents are getting divorced and she has to decide whether to move back to Stoneybrook with her mom--when she's only just gotten settled in New York again!

The good things about this book include Stacey getting to have a book that doesn't focus on her having diabetes and having the hard choices really blow her world apart. Sadly, the book tries to say what the parents fight about and it sounds so simplistic and superficial that I had trouble believing the parents wer
Stacey moved to Stoneybrook, Connecticut, returned to New York City, and is now back in Stoneybrook. Sounds like a television star who returns to aide a failing sitcom. The reason for her return is the impending divorce of her parents. Martin follows the typical line when it comes to dealing with the subject of divorce, Stacey's experience reads like a "helpful" pamphlet.
Chrissy
Aug 10, 2012 Chrissy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm pretty sure this one was one of my favorites when I was a kid.
At the time, I didn't realize how horrible poor Stacey's "sophisticated" outfits really were! Ouch!
I'd totally forgotten about Laine! How did that happen?!
I still think Stacey is my favorite! Wish I still had book 3 around!
Rhiannon1220
Aug 06, 2008 Rhiannon1220 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This whole series is great for girls between 11-15 years old. I read every last one of them as I was growing up.
Maria Elmvang
Again, well done handling a heavy subject. Ann M. Martin does get a tad tacky at times, but this she did well.
GraceWastheAnswer
Yay! Stacey is back! I bet Anne had this planned out long before! Boost the book sales, Stacey has returned.
Swankivy
Apr 22, 2013 Swankivy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is again one of the books that tells you what's going to happen in the title. It's not much of a surprise when one of the big plot points is Stacey struggling to decide whether she's going to move to Stoneybrook with her mom or stay in New York with her dad when her parents get divorced. If they're welcoming her back, it's no fun to wonder what she's going to decide.

This is the first time in the series that one of the sitters actually has to deal with parents divorcing (though they've had p
Laura Hughes
Nov 09, 2014 Laura Hughes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: babysitters-club
Stacey's parents get divorced.

Stacey is distraught by her parents' fighting, but more so by their announcement that they have irreconcilable differences and have decided to get a divorce. She thinks they’re just being babyish, and comes up with various schemes to get them to fall in love again. They don’t work. She’s not looking forward to choosing which parent to live with, but she’s intrigued when her mother starts looking at places in Stoneybrook. Once she goes back to see Claudia and look fo
Edward Creter
This is another rare BSC I give 4-stars to because it touched my heart on so many levels. Stacey, the diabetic 13-year-old, and still living in NY, has a mom and dad about to divorce and fight for joint custody of Stacey, their only child. Stace feels herself torn in half as she's forced to reevaluate her life and choose between living with Dad in NY, orrr...moving back with mom to Stoneybrook...and the BSC where she truly belongs. I myself was a victim of my own parents' legal seperation so it' ...more
Jessica
Aug 04, 2015 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-collection
Will Stacey stay in New York with her dad or go to Stoneybrook with her mum?
Unfortunately the title spoils it but still one of the more interesting in the series.
April
Mar 16, 2013 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, childrens

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Lindiwe Kounga
Katie Loucks
love this book
Melissa
May 16, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youth
I wish I could write adequate reviews for this series, because I loved it when I read them. However, it was so long ago, and I was so young, only 10-12 years old, that I do not remember much.

All I remember from this instalment is that I was thrilled that Stacey was back, because I did not like that the club members had to be separated. Childish, I know...
Delicious Strawberry
Nov 14, 2012 Delicious Strawberry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ann-m-martin
In the first book of this series, Stacey was new, having just moved from New York to Coneecticut. Later, she had to go back to New York because of her dad's job, but now her parents are divorced and she was given a choice. It is a difficult one, but she eventually decides to come back to Stoneybrook, where the BSC welcome her back.
Jenn
Mar 23, 2012 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bsc
As a child, I was just like "Yay! Stacey is coming back! Woo she's wearing a crazy outfit! (More on that later)". But as an adult, I can really see how well-written and thoughtful this book was...read more here.
Amie
Jul 05, 2014 Amie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book would be perfect for a child experiencing their parents' divorce. There is a small matchmaking attempt made by Stacey, but even she realizes the separation is inevitable. Big decisions must be made, and Stacey is old enough for her voice to be heard.
Tara Calaby
I was already a bit too old by the time the Babysitters Club books started appearing in our school book club options, but I enjoyed the early books in the series nonetheless.
Amanda
A good series that I enjoyed as a child.I would recommend this to children as I still remember the story to this day.
Kara
Jan 30, 2012 Kara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always liked this one! Dealing with real issues instead of some ridiculous contrived thing or something super lame.
Nancy
Jan 04, 2014 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereading
In which Stacey returns to the 'Brook and the cult. I was thrilled because Stace is my favorite sitter.
Rylee
Oct 15, 2012 Rylee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book and I was really happy when Stacey came back!
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 Amy Holcomb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Martine
I really need to get back to grown-up books...
Kellee
Reread for #BSC #bookaday
Sarah B
Dec 06, 2010 Sarah B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
06-12-2009
Erin
Nov 16, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WELCOME BACK!!
  • Choosing Sides (Sweet Valley Twins, #4)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)