Welcome Back Stacey! (The Babysitters Club, #28)

Welcome Back Stacey! (The Baby-Sitters Club #28)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  1,636 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Stacey's parents are getting divorced and she has to decide whether to stay in New York with her father or move back to Stoneybrook with her mother.
Paperback
Published August 1996 by Scholastic Hippo (first published October 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Welcome Back Stacey!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome Back Stacey!

Ciara
a cute above the average BSC book, probably because there's not much babysitting involved. in the first chapter, stacey is sitting for henry & grace walker, two little kids that live in her NYC apartment building. she's a little distracted, thinking about how her parents haven't been getting along lately. sure enough, when she goes back to her floor, she can hear her parents screaming at each other from the elevator. they are mostly arguing about money. apparently mrs. mcgill dropped over $1...more
Julie Decker
Stacey's life is a mess; her parents are getting divorced and she has to decide whether to move back to Stoneybrook with her mom--when she's only just gotten settled in New York again!

The good things about this book include Stacey getting to have a book that doesn't focus on her having diabetes and having the hard choices really blow her world apart. Sadly, the book tries to say what the parents fight about and it sounds so simplistic and superficial that I had trouble believing the parents wer...more
Stacey moved to Stoneybrook, Connecticut, returned to New York City, and is now back in Stoneybrook. Sounds like a television star who returns to aide a failing sitcom. The reason for her return is the impending divorce of her parents. Martin follows the typical line when it comes to dealing with the subject of divorce, Stacey's experience reads like a "helpful" pamphlet.
Chrissy
I'm pretty sure this one was one of my favorites when I was a kid.
At the time, I didn't realize how horrible poor Stacey's "sophisticated" outfits really were! Ouch!
I'd totally forgotten about Laine! How did that happen?!
I still think Stacey is my favorite! Wish I still had book 3 around!
Sally
Apparently this was written because Stacey was a fan favourite so it made sense to move her back to Stoneybrook? Raar, ugh, is all I say. ;)
Rhiannon1220
This whole series is great for girls between 11-15 years old. I read every last one of them as I was growing up.
Maria M. Elmvang
Again, well done handling a heavy subject. Ann M. Martin does get a tad tacky at times, but this she did well.
GraceWastheAnswer
Yay! Stacey is back! I bet Anne had this planned out long before! Boost the book sales, Stacey has returned.
Swankivy
This is again one of the books that tells you what's going to happen in the title. It's not much of a surprise when one of the big plot points is Stacey struggling to decide whether she's going to move to Stoneybrook with her mom or stay in New York with her dad when her parents get divorced. If they're welcoming her back, it's no fun to wonder what she's going to decide.

This is the first time in the series that one of the sitters actually has to deal with parents divorcing (though they've had p...more
Laura Hughes
Stacey is distraught when her parents announce they are getting a divorce. She thinks they’re just being babyish, and comes up with various schemes to get them to fall in love again. They don’t work. She’s not looking forward to choosing which parent to live with, but she’s intrigued when her mother starts looking at places in Stoneybrook. Once she goes back to see Claudia and look for houses, she’s basically sold, though she continues to waffle until the end. (Once again, the title is a spoiler...more
Edward Creter
This is another rare BSC I give 4-stars to because it touched my heart on so many levels. Stacey, the diabetic 13-year-old, and still living in NY, has a mom and dad about to divorce and fight for joint custody of Stacey, their only child. Stace feels herself torn in half as she's forced to reevaluate her life and choose between living with Dad in NY, orrr...moving back with mom to Stoneybrook...and the BSC where she truly belongs. I myself was a victim of my own parents' legal seperation so it'...more
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the...more
Melissa
I wish I could write adequate reviews for this series, because I loved it when I read them. However, it was so long ago, and I was so young, only 10-12 years old, that I do not remember much.

All I remember from this instalment is that I was thrilled that Stacey was back, because I did not like that the club members had to be separated. Childish, I know...
Delicious Strawberry
In the first book of this series, Stacey was new, having just moved from New York to Coneecticut. Later, she had to go back to New York because of her dad's job, but now her parents are divorced and she was given a choice. It is a difficult one, but she eventually decides to come back to Stoneybrook, where the BSC welcome her back.
Jenn
As a child, I was just like "Yay! Stacey is coming back! Woo she's wearing a crazy outfit! (More on that later)". But as an adult, I can really see how well-written and thoughtful this book was...read more here.
Amie
This book would be perfect for a child experiencing their parents' divorce. There is a small matchmaking attempt made by Stacey, but even she realizes the separation is inevitable. Big decisions must be made, and Stacey is old enough for her voice to be heard.
Kara
I always liked this one! Dealing with real issues instead of some ridiculous contrived thing or something super lame.
Nancy
In which Stacey returns to the 'Brook and the cult. I was thrilled because Stace is my favorite sitter.
Rylee
This is a good book and I was really happy when Stacey came back!
Amy Holcomb
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Martine
I really need to get back to grown-up books...
Amanda
A good series that I enjoyed as a child.
Cws
JAR4 Mar
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Holly
Holly added it
Sep 18, 2014
  • The War Between the Twins (Sweet Valley Twins, #37)

Ann gets the ideas for her books from many different places. Some are based on personal experiences, while others are based on childhood me...more
More about Ann M. Martin...
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray A Corner of the Universe The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)