Start by marking “Catch My Breath” as Want to Read:
Catch My Breath

Catch My Breath

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  870 ratings  ·  198 reviews
Danny Bright was born to entertain. He just needs his big break. So when he hears that Blue Horizon Records is holding auditions looking for the next big thing, Danny jumps at the chance. It doesn’t turn out exactly as he imagined, though. Instead of getting solo contracts, Danny and four other guys are put into a boy band.

Innocent, idealistic Elliot Price thinks he’s hea
Published June 21st 2013 by Dreamspinner Press (first published June 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Catch My Breath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch My Breath

Touch & Geaux by Abigail RouxCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatToo Stupid to Live by Anne TeninoTell Me It's Real by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2013
106th out of 616 books — 1,574 voters
Touch & Geaux by Abigail RouxLover at Last by J.R. WardNot So Innocent by Dani AlexanderThe Boy with the Painful Tattoo by Josh LanyonWinter Kill by Josh Lanyon
Can't Wait M/M Romance of 2013
70th out of 193 books — 640 voters

More lists with this book...

Susan

Ok, I have to admit (though I hate to since it makes me a relic, I know), that I have no idea who/what “Larry Stylinson” is. I had to google the name. I can’t get One Direction straight from any other boy band these days. When I hear “boy band”, I think NKOTB or NSync or Backstreet Boys. I am ancient…

So, I can’t speak to whether this is some “Larry Stylinson” book or if that was the obvious inspiration for MJ O’Shea’s story. All I can say is this:

I FREAKING ADORED IT!!!!

Every single pag
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
M.J. O'Shea, you sweet, magical lady. Thank you for giving me a book to FINALLY make me smile this week!

This book had my name all over it. I mean, we have virgins, man, VIRGINS! And lots of angsty, lovey goodness to boot. It was just what I needed after a seemingly never-ending book slump.

I'll admit, I wasn't that impressed with the start of the story. The set up of the band seemed improbable and rushed, and I felt like everything was coming together a bit awkwardly. However, once the story got
Sara
So…one day I was browsing for books. Something I do often and while in the New Release category of a publisher’s site, I came upon a great cover. I am not normally drawn to covers but something about this caught my eye. I looked up the synopsis and cruised over to Goodreads to see if any of my friends had read it. They hadn’t but in a review I saw two words in quotes that I immediately Googled. From there, I was lost.

Oh yeah, those two words…Larry Stylinson. Why did those two words cause me to b
Barbara
Thanks to all the friends that join me and Isabel in another Cute BR! (view spoiler)

»» BR HERE ««

This book is a very sweet, fun, emotional and lovely read, of how boys band come into public view, the rollacoaster behind, and the challenges of two of them, that fall in love for each other - Elliot and Danny!!

My gifs will honor a boys band, of my time...because while reading it, remind me a lot of them, and their songs.

photo tumblr_lm97v4t1Th1qay8d3o1_500_zps4c59db5f.gif

photo tumblr_mf8hxm8gYq1qhfmmwo1_400_zps8d9e6168.gif

I recommend and will read more
MiʂħүJѻ
I finally finished a friggen book. The first in ages. And a long one at that. I am SO proud of myself. So maybe I will write a review. Maybe I won't. For now I'll just say I really really liked it.

I don't remember whose snowman this book belongs to or who picked it. I am sure someone will remind me. Jen's snowman, Cat's pick. Thank ye both.
Ami
First thing first, I don't know anything about the "Larry" train; I know of One Direction, know few of their songs but I don't follow their fandom. So I have no issue what-so-ever with personal bias of the actual bromance that inspired this book.

For the positive part: the story was cute. The boys were likeable. It was nice to have a story regarding boy band. And M.J. O'Shea brought the social media frenzy into the story, which definitely a portrayal of current generation. The female characters w
Ingela
Written July 23, 2014

4.3 Glimmering Stars - maybe the cutest ever...
A sweet Boy Band story and a great YA M/M as well.

I started to read this book a couple of months ago (a Monday-BR with two lovely Portuguese girls, Isabel and Barbara) but stopped after 8-9% (to read another book?). Anyway, I liked what I'd read and immediately bought this 12 hours audiobook when I saw it was for just $2.29.

A good decision?

Yap! That's why there are so many stars from a not YA/NA reader.

This was surprisingly c
Isaac
Jul 19, 2013 Isaac added it
Update!

DNF: Just going to file under 'what was I thinking.'

Not necessarily the book's fault, hence no rating. It's clearly not aimed at old codgers like me.

*****

Published One Direction fan fic. I should be appalled, but for some reason I'm not.

Can't freakin stop laughing.

Just hope the teeny boppers don't get their hands on it. Lawsuit waiting to happen.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
4.5★'s

So, boy bands…I was just a little too old when this happened…

description

I knew who they were and what was happening I just wasn’t into it.

So, fast-forward and of course I have no idea who this is because now I really am TOO OLD…

description

How cute are these two? Too cute. I could post a million pictures but well, not a review.

So, prior to this read I was introduced to that above too cute for words and wow, I could totally get behind the major conspiracy which seems to follow them. Totally.

So, my Pea thought t
Trisha Harrington
Catch My Breath is an amazing story. It's a YA fan fiction kind of story, with a lovely story that takes you on a crazy journey that will make you scream at the characters and shout with joy. Personally I fell in love with the blurb, then I heard Larry Stylinson and I was skeptical. I am not a 1D fan and for those who aren't you shouldn't worry about not liking this. It was nothing to do with 1D in my mind and that made this story great.

So, where do we begin? Danny is straight, has a girlfriend
Nic
This book is definitely worth reading, a modern take on love between two musicians who are part of a boy band.

I'm sure this plot has been done before, band members falling for each other but having to keep both their sexuality and their relationship under wraps for fear of jeapardising their career success, but this story is done really well and with a slightly different spin.

This book is definitely up with the times and presents a very modern scenario that I think we all recogonise! It starts w
Isabel
BR with my BF Barbara, starting on 02.24.2014 Here

This is the story of a boys band... very young and naive boys, that are living a dream! Two of those boys, Elliot and Danny, fall in love from the moment they meet! How they overcome the challenges, how they deal with fanatic fans, with press and paparazzi, and how they built a strong relationship, is the main part of this beautiful and sweet book!

When I reached the end of this book, I had a big smile on my face! I must be honest and say the beg
Debra
I have to admit this book was a good read although the whole time I was reading it I kept thinking it is basically, a YA version of Amy Lane's The Locker Room set in the music industry instead of sports with a lot less angst and sex. I had a smile on face throughout the book and enjoyed every page.

The two main characters Elliott (Harry?) and Danny (Louis?) are just too adorable for words. As the two boys find each other and fall in love,surrounded by the nicest guys ever to make up a boy band, l
Jenni Lea
When I first started reading this book I thought it was going to be a total cheese fest and it was to a certain degree. The boys were terribly young and I couldn’t quite relate to them as the age difference between them and I was vast. But I kept reading and it slowly turned into something more real and endearing. The boys were forced to grow up fast in a world they weren’t entirely prepared for. This book was very sweet and I found myself smiling for a good portion of it. There were even parts ...more
Breann
#Dellyisreallove

Gah. So cute. I basically swooned more than is deemed socially acceptable. I swear I had to continuously set down the kindle so I could sigh and squee. I can't even. I can't with all the cute.

There was a band.
There was a TV show.
There were other hot and fun dudes in the band.
There were asshole record deal people.
There was stuff other than Elliot and Danny.

But I didn't even care about all the stuff that was "other".

All this grown woman cared about was #Delly.

Elliot and Danny. The
Kaje Harper
This a sweet wish-fulfillment-fantasy story, about two guys who get picked by a talent scout to be part of a newly forming boy-band. They meet, fall in love, and then find out how much of being a successful icon involves the right kind of publicity - a big part of that is appearing available for fans' fantasies. Dating each other, loving each other, does not meet the terms of their contract.

There is some sweet first-love, some sex that is not too explicit (making this fine for older YA) and a li
Amy ♥
#TeamDelly #DellyIsReal #Delly4Ever

Very cute story about boy banders Elliot and Danny. They were so sweet together, almost too sweet though. I found myself having to take breaks from them to go read something else. Something dirty, LOL! That’s why it took me almost a week to finish. But I did enjoy it :) Especially with the right character inspiration.

Thanks for the snowman read Mish, Pher and Cory!
***D. KING*** Alvin
"I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if I do, It's you, Oh, it's you they add up to
I'm in love with you... And all these little things..."
- 'Little Things' by One Direction

This book hit a lot of my buttons. It has music, singing, pop culture references, talent search like auditions, boy bands, reality shows, concerts, tweeting, young sweet romance, camaraderie, paparazzi, etc! It's so now and so young and it made feel like a youngster again! It is now one of my most favor
SheReadsALot
@dreamspinners: "Catch My Breath" with @MjOsheaSeattle is free for the next hour! Don't miss this amazing #TweetAway!

Ends 3pm EST 11/29/14
Kate Aaron
Meet Elliot...The kid was on the tall side, lanky, almost dorky to tell the truth, but that didn't stop Danny's gut from reacting. He really was beautiful - with floppy brown hair, huge dark eyes and this milky skin that didn't look like it had seen much of the California sun.

Um...or maybe you already have.

description

Then there's Danny. Danny in his effortlessly cool plaid shorts and perfectly white polo, easy smile, and that shiny auburn hair he flipped off to the side.

Something like this, perhaps?

Togethe
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
4.5 Stars!!

Totes Adorb!!

When I picked this book I had no idea of the Fan Fic aspect, so I was pleasantly surprised when someone told me about it!

I love musician stories (which I'm sure you know already) and then to have them become friends and slowly turn it into something more...love! There were a few times I was hoping that they'd cross the line before they actually did but when they finally did...it was perfect!

I wanted to punch in the throat all the management people. I laughed and yup, i e
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description...

A beautiful and emotional ride which I would have missed if not for the BR. Thankies so much for inviting me ladies xx

Tina
It is not an original trope. Two men love each other. They are in a professional situation in which their love may not be accepted. Due to circumstances beyond their control, they are forced to hide their feelings from everyone except those closest to them.

It is not an original trope. Two young men, barely men almost boys, experience first love. The powers-that-be do everything they can to keep the young lovers apart for their own reasons. Sometimes it is parents keeping them apart for religious
Natalie
Cute, cute, cute. It's been a long time since I was into a boy band, but this story took me right back. There's just enough angst and emotion here to keep all the sweetness from being too cloying. Although the story went on a little too long, I really enjoyed it.
SueM
A sweet and somewhat angst-filled story of a two young men, both eighteen, who are thrown together with three other men to form a new boy band. In this case, rather than the boy band having at least one gay member, it becomes clear this band has two. Danny and Elliot, although having never met before the band's formation, quickly gravitate together, first in friendship, quickly followed by something more than friendship - true love... Yep, this is the sweet bit.

The angst comes into play
Theo Fenraven
I know about One Direction because my partner, AJ, stumbled across the "Larry" controversy and told me about it. Do I think they're lovers? Hell, yeah. Look at the body language. I have not listened to any of their songs though. Boy band; ugh.

This book is pretty much a fictionalized account of "Larry," even down to the main characters looking like Harry and Louis. Overall, it's a nicely told story based on what an outsider might observe of Harry and Louis's relationship from videos, tweets, and
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5 stars~

Yes, this is essentially Harry + Louis (aka :"Larry" from One Direction) fanfic written by a skilled M/M author.

The best thing about Larry fanfic? Fans are positively GIDDY at the possibility of Harry and Louis being in love. No one wants them to be straight. When they come out as a couple finally (and they will)? It will be the cheer heard round the world. #harryandlouisOTPforever

This was an insanely sweet book. Maybe the beginning was improbable, and there was too much gooeyness be
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

J&G: 5 Delly Stars

Jenny: One word…. A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!! I can’t begin to express how much I LOVED this book. I think I read it with a big dopey grin on my face, I constantly sighed and I know I let out a few audible naaaws pretty much all the way through it and even now, I’m welling up thinking how much I loved it and how beautiful it was.

“Thank you”
“Thank you for what?”
“Being you, loving me back….I don’t know.”

MJ O’Shea’s writing could be as funny as it was sweet and sentimental and her wor
Momof3-in an Ash and Cael sandwich
4 stars! so super adorable!!

This will be spoilery so read at your own risk.
This started out a little slow, but I enjoy the "slow burn" stories so I wasn't bothered. I love rockers and musicians in general, so this was right up my alley, and I'm glad that the not so glamorous side of things was portrayed.

I enjoyed the characters--loved the guys and the author really made sure they each had their own personalities. Tate was my fav--he had some good lines in there!

My favorite part--aside for the ro
Nichole (Dirty H)
The reason this gets 5 stars is because after several days of letting it simmer in my head, I'm still thinking about it and possibly doing a little bit of One Direction cyberstalking.
Yes, I know it wasn't originally conceived that way, but it definitely took a turn towards One Direction fanfiction. Which is not a bad thing. I really, really liked it. Go read this book, it rocks!
Buddy Read on 02.24.2014 (Monday) - Please come "sing" with us! ! 109 54 Feb 26, 2014 11:34AM
Want to read it.. 3 9 Jan 19, 2014 06:34AM
Dreamspinner Press: Catch My Breath by M.J. O'Shea 2 56 Jun 29, 2013 05:10PM
  • Metal Heart
  • American Love Songs
  • Ethan in Gold (Johnnies, #3)
  • Illumination
  • Superhero
  • A Little Bit Country
  • The Luckiest (Lucky Moon, #2)
  • The Return
  • The Art of Breathing (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #3)
  • Perfect Imperfections
  • Love Lessons (Love Lessons, #1)
  • Sinner's Gin (Sinners, #1)
  • Disasterology 101
  • Echoes of Us
  • Chase the Storm
  • Spark (North Star, #1)
  • How to Repair a Mechanical Heart
  • Slide (Roads, #1)
M.J. O'Shea has been writing romance since algebra class in sixth grade (when most of her stories starred her and Leonardo DiCaprio). When she's not writing, she loves listening to nearly all types of music, painting, reading great authors, and on those elusive sunny days in the Pacific Northwest, she loves driving on the freeway with her windows rolled down and her stereo on high.

Facebook: M.J. O
More about M.J. O'Shea...
Bridges (Bridges, #1) Coming Home (Rock Bay, #1) Unintended Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty Things I'll Never Say

“From the very beginning, no matter where Elliot was or what they were doing, Danny's gaze instinctively sought him out. It was like everything else was boring shades of gray, and Elliot was a solar flare, bright and burning.” 1 likes
“was his turn—his turn to kiss and lick and taste. His turn to watch Elliot’s back bow, to groan in satisfaction when Elliot grabbed at the blankets, at his hair, desperate for purchase. To shiver when a quiet “Oh God, Danny,” broke the near silence. He didn’t stop, not until he got what he’d wanted, what he’d needed—watching Elliot unravel until he lost all grip on control. Until he could surface from under the blankets, satisfied, and flop into Elliot’s arms and look his fill at the boy who’d taken over his entire soul.” 0 likes