Start by marking “Early English Versions of the Tales of Guiscardo and Ghismonda and Titus Gisippus from the Decameron” as Want to Read:

Contains three versions of Guiscardo and Chismonda, consisting of the translation by Gilbert Banester, an anonymous version, The statelie tragedie of Guiscardo and Ghismonda, and William Walter's translation of the tale, also Walter's translation of Titus and Gisippus and Edward Lewicke's version of the same.
Hardcover
Published December 31st 1988 by Kraus Reprint. Co. (first published January 25th 1937)

Be the first to ask a question about Early English Versions of the Tales of Guiscardo and Ghismonda and Titus Gisippus from the Decameron

Nov 14, 2011 Jennifer rated it did not like it
I don't have the EETS edition; I'm just reading the anonymous Jacobean Ghismonda, but I didn't see an entry just for it. So far, it's two-dimensional--more like a masque than a play.

UPDATE:

...and it continued to be two-dimensional. This is, in fact, one of the least interesting plays I've ever read, and I'm usually all about the Jacobean drama. The only reason I can imagine returning to it voluntarily would be for examples of mainstream (I think) courtier behavior. The verse wasn't bad in a tech