Start by marking “Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble” as Want to Read:
Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble

Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble (Bad Kitty)

In this seventh installment of the New York Times–bestselling series, Kitty encounters what may be her most formidable foe yet: her creator! Kitty soon learns that feline manipulation works both ways—especially when you're at the wrong end of your author's pencil. Along the way, Nick shows kids how a book is created, despite the frequent interruptions from you-know-who.

A
Published January 7th 2014 by Roaring Brook Press (first published December 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble

Laura the Highland Hussy
Mar 06, 2014 Laura the Highland Hussy rated it it was amazing
This was written by my 9 year old daughter and it's posted on her blog KK's Books and Reviews

Today is World Literacy Day and I bought this book at my school Book Fair.

It's really funny because Kitty is hilarious. This time the author was in it. Nick Bruel got scratched up by Kitty. On my favorite page he's like AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Nick Bruel made Kitty fat, and made her eat turnips, and he was like "You have to eat a better diet, Kitty."

Then he wrote 3 stories about her that were fake and they we
Stacy Fetters
Bad Kitty put on some weight and now she must go on a diet.... a turnip diet... ewww yuck!
Bruel gives us instructions on how to make your own little Bad Kitty story.
I wonder what kind of trouble we can make her get into......
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Feb 03, 2014 Erik This Kid Reviews Books rated it it was amazing
Bad Kitty is back! But, this time, she’s not alone! Her creator, Nick Bruel, is right in the plot! With the (unwilling) help of Kitty, Mr. Bruel tells us readers how to write a good story . The reader learns about protagonists, setting, plot, conflict, foreshadowing and much more in a fun-filled way. The is that Kitty needs to go on a diet of turnips, because she’s gained a LOT of weight recently (thanks to Mr. Bruel and his trusty paint brush). But, the thing is, Kitty doesn’t even LIKE turnips ...more
Cathy
Mar 08, 2014 Cathy rated it liked it
3.75 stars. My kids LOVE Bad Kitty chapter books, and as a parent, I find these books fun to read with them. This Bad Kitty book was a departure from the rest. The author is the narrator, and he uses the book to explain the writing process and writing concepts - protagonist, plot, antagonist, and many more. It's a great book for introducing these concepts to kids, and he does it in a really fun way.

My kids had mixed reactions to the book, as did I. My middle grade son was disappointed that the b
Romelle
Feb 03, 2014 Romelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
A really fun way for children to learn how to write a book. Author Nick Bruel narrates the story as himself. Love the humorous interaction between Bad Kitty and Nick Bruel. A great example of breaking the 4th wall. The book is broken into 6 chapters: Meet the Author, Meet the Character, The Conflict, Meet the Antagonist, Plot Points, and The Most Important Rule About Writing Stories. A glossary of literary terms is also included. I recommend this for the aspiring young writer!
Carla
Feb 14, 2014 Carla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-stuff-rocks
Definitely more of a nonfiction "how to write a story" book than a story about Bad Kitty, but very entertaining nonetheless. Also, I really liked that Nick Bruel took some cues from "Duck Amuck" and "Gertie the Dinosaur" because it makes the book feel interactive. Highly recommend to anyone looking to teach kids how to write a story as well as any Bad Kitty fans!
Bailey Riesselman
Jun 06, 2015 Bailey Riesselman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
School Library Journal
( March 01, 2014; 9781596436718 )
Gr 2-4-In this seventh installment in the series, readers are introduced to the process of writing and illustrating a book in a fun and humorous way. Bruel employs his signature style of addressing readers directly; he begins the book with a step-by-step demonstration of how to draw Bad Kitty and moves on to describe the necessary ingredients of a successful story. Through the process of describing story elements such as protagonist, antago
Sandra The Amazing
Mar 07, 2017 Sandra The Amazing rated it liked it
I think this book was great and funny!
Jenna
Feb 14, 2017 Jenna rated it really liked it
Picture Book. Great book that breaks the fourth wall and teaches children through the story about how to write their own stories. Lots of information, but not quite as funny as his other Bad Kitty books.
Maci Kaye
Jan 16, 2016 Maci Kaye rated it really liked it
Shelves: small-books-read
Okay... This book doesn't have a real 'story' to it, but I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!! It includes most of the Literary Devices and gives young readers a view of what every author/Illustrator has to process while creating a book. The page's explanations were pretty self explanatory whenever it came to the Literary Terms. Not to mention, this is a cute and random book... And who doesn't love Nick's nutty personality!?!? This Book also shows kids that they can make their own books and stories and cr ...more
Barbara
Bad Kitty wasn't born bad. She was drawn that way, imagined, created, and put onto the pages of many popular children's picture books by Nick Bruel. In this longer book, a primer on writing, Bruel explains how to write a book. While doing so, he introduces terms such as plot, protagonist, theme, and open and closed endings. All of these relate to Bad Kitty, and in his attempts to make the craft of writing easier to understand, he puts poor Kitty in all sorts of unpleasant situations. In fact, he ...more
Dingleberry
Jan 23, 2015 Dingleberry rated it really liked it
Shelves: january-2015
I love Bad Kitty, and I'm 35.

I love Bad Kitty because it's hilarious and my children will listen.

This installment was a bit lackluster compared to other titles, such as Bad Kitty Gets a Bath, which had me just as cracked up as my girls. It was, however, still relevant to children and answered some of their questions in a helpful and informative (and funny) way.

I feel this series will belong amongst the children's classics of my daughter's generation. I can see them sharing these books with my gr
Katie Lovett
Feb 02, 2014 Katie Lovett added it
Shelves: writing, mg
My daughter has been a fan of Bad Kitty for quite some time, and when I read this one, I was SUPER excited. In this latest Bad Kitty adventure, her story is also a teaching tool--it teaches kids how to write their own stories. I read it as I was in the planning stages of a creative writing class for kids ages 8-10, and now I'm planning to use the book to supplement my lessons. It was an incredible find, and Kitty is delightful as always.
Shanna Hurd
Feb 13, 2014 Shanna Hurd rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, kids
Nick Bruel teaches kids how to write a story (with a little help from Kitty). As an adult who studied creative writing in college, the book didn't break new ground for me, but for a kid who is just learning about storytelling, this would be a great introduction. I would recommend it to Bad Kitty fans, kids that are interested in writing, and for kids that need to learn about writing, but don't like nonfiction.
Kaethe
Fans of Bad Kitty as well as those interested in writing, cartooning, and drawing, will enjoy learning how a best-selling author creates a book. Bruel keeps his lessons to the same light, humorous tone as the other books. I quite like that he includes even the colors he uses.

Library copy.
Cindy
Feb 02, 2015 Cindy rated it it was ok
I feel like I am the only one who did not love this book. Unless my daughter insists on reading another one, I will not be buying any or getting them from the library. There is good children's literature out there and this is not it.
Andrew DeMars
Jun 08, 2014 Andrew DeMars rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awe$ome $auce

I just love your books and the recipes in this book are you still going to make more books and you make a lot of money and $$. who hates bad kitty?
I think your books are better than other books.
April Bauer
Jun 27, 2014 April Bauer rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-read-aloud
Would get four stars, but this humorous story uses a plot line that involves a kitty going on a diet which I'm not entirely sure is appropriate for kids this age.
Nicole
It's so clever how the text of the story explains the main parts and vocabulary of writing a story, like plot, theme, protagonist, etc. I'm sure Caleb didn't completely learn what they all mean from this one reading, but it certainly introduced them, and he did enjoy the book and laugh at the illustrations quite a lot. I appreciate the cleverness and the humor, but still did not actually enjoy reading the book myself.
Emma
Mar 07, 2017 Emma rated it it was amazing
Bad Kitty Drawn to trouble

Bad kitty drawn to trouble Is mainly about a cat named kitty.but there is also a dog named puppy in this book. You may think she is a kind of cat that is loving, nice and caring. but WATCH OUT because she is a really, really,bad cat.and it also teaches you how to write your own story and at the same
time it is really really funny. So if you like cats,dogs and funny books then this is a good book for you.one thing I do not like is that the ending which I am not going to
NebraskaIcebergs
Oct 31, 2014 NebraskaIcebergs rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble by Nick Bruel is a light-hearted writing guide for young people. It teaches the basics of story writing, amidst hilarious plot twists. Just as importantly, it reveals juicy tidbits about author Nick Bruel and stars the infamous Bad Kitty.

How does one write a story? First, you need a protagonist or the most important character in the story. Such as Bad Kitty. :-)

Second, you need a setting or the place where your story takes place. Bruel considers telling this particula
Brenda
Mar 02, 2017 Brenda rated it really liked it
Not sure how I missed this one. It will be a fun book club title around our narrative writing unit. Fun and funny.
Jessica
Mar 02, 2017 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A fun, cute way to teach kids about writing.
Milly Roeder
Feb 22, 2017 Milly Roeder rated it liked it
It's not really a story more about the author and how to make a book.
Carina Olsen
Oct 27, 2013 Carina Olsen rated it it was ok
This is the first Bad Kitty book I have read. I requested this ARC via Macmillan, and was lucky to get it. <3 Finally decided to read it, and I did enjoy it. But I didn't love it. Which makes me a bit sad. It's a good story, and I do think the kitty looks adorable. Just, I think I would have enjoyed it more if the story had color, like the front page of the book has.

My review will not be that long, because this is a very short book. Just over one hundred pages. I wish I could say that I loved
Kaleena Melotti
Jan 20, 2014 Kaleena Melotti rated it it was amazing
Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble was such a cute book! It's a cute and unique take on introducing 7-9 year old children to writing and illustrating their own stories. From the get-go, this short book breaks down the fourth wall and talks directly to the reader. The entire first chapter is Nick Bruel introducing himself and Kitty, with a step-by-step guide on how to draw her.

The book continues on introducing the reader to character development, conflict, plot, and theme, showcasing these new words with
Dolly
Oct 19, 2014 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
We just love the books in the Bad Kitty series by Nick Bruel. They are so funny, with sarcastic and tongue in cheek humor that has our girls begging for more.

With its graphic novel format, this book is a very fast read, and we all finished reading it separately in less than an hour. It's a good way to inspire children to want to draw and write their own stories.

It's a very entertaining story, and we loved the crazy pets. Our girls especially loved the instructions for drawing Bad Kitty. And I
Kate
Dec 28, 2014 Kate rated it liked it
If I were rating this solely based on how good of a book I think it is for kids, I'd probably have to give it 5 stars. In a super accessible way, Bruel introduces kids, step-by-step, to the process of writing a story. Of course, to jazz it up a bit, the characters he's working with, including Bad Kitty herself, give him quite a bit of trouble. (Though my favorite was Larry, the adorable turnip).

The issue is that I'm an adult, and I'm familiar with the concept of storytelling. I'm not docking sta
The Styling Librarian
Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble by Nick Bruel - Early Chapter Book – Humor/fiction – 2nd grade and up – I just enjoyed reading through this fun packed, factual, helpful, insightful #10 book in the Bad Kitty series. I loved that Nick Bruel was right there, part of the story, his dialogue went right along with the story and was quite hilarious to follow. I especially enjoyed how Nick Bruel and Bad Kitty interacted with one another. It reminded me of my interactions with cats in the past… It was one of ...more
Dachokie
Jan 15, 2014 Dachokie rated it it was amazing
Cool Cat …

This book was reviewed as part of Amazon's Vine program which included a free advance copy of the book.

In the latest addition to the Bad Kitty, author/illustrator Nick Bruel turns the tables on the rambunctious feline and uses her as a means to educate readers on how to create/write stories.

Like the other Bad Kitty books, DRAWN TO TROUBLE offers a great storyline with thoroughly entertaining illustrations throughout. This volume actually explains story-writing by introducing component
#BKDTT Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble 3 4 Feb 06, 2015 03:40PM
  • Binky: License to Scratch
  • Harriet the Invincible (Hamster Princess, #1)
  • Battle Bunny
  • Ninja Red Riding Hood
  • What's Your Favorite Animal?
  • Let's Get Cracking! (Kung Pow Chicken #1)
  • Lantern Sam and the Blue Streak Bandits
  • Invisible Inkling
  • The Story of Diva and Flea
  • Lulu's Mysterious Mission
  • A Trip to the Bottom of the World with Mouse: TOON Level 1
  • Spunky Tells All
  • The Show Must Go On! (Three-Ring Rascals, #1)
  • Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer
  • Game On! (Squish, #5)
  • Hello, Mr. Hulot
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
  • Lunch Lady and the Schoolwide Scuffle (Lunch Lady, #10)
208273
Nick Bruel is the New York Times bestselling author and illustrator of children's books including Bad Kitty, Bad Kitty Gets a Bath, Bad Kitty Meets the Baby, and Boing!, among others. Nick is a freelance illustrator and cartoonist, and during his down time, he collects PEZ dispensers and grows tomatoes in the backyard. He lives in Tarrytown, NY with his wife Carina and their lovely cat Esmerelda.

h
More about Nick Bruel...

Bad Kitty (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Bad Kitty
  • A Bad Kitty Christmas
  • Bad Kitty for President
  • Bad Kitty School Daze
  • Poor Puppy and Bad Kitty

“办理加拿大尼皮辛大学毕业证》Q微信981497266》制作Nipissing毕业证成绩单!毕业文凭学位证学历文凭公证》Nipissing University
办理加拿大尼皮辛大学毕业证》Q微信981497266》制作Nipissing毕业证成绩单!毕业文凭学位证学历文凭公证》Nipissing University
办理加拿大尼皮辛大学毕业证》Q微信981497266》制作Nipissing毕业证成绩单!毕业文凭学位证学历文凭公证》Nipissing University”
0 likes
“制作澳洲Flinders文凭成绩单#Q微981497266佛林德斯大学文凭办理#Flinders毕业证#学历学位证毕业文凭Flinders University
制作澳洲Flinders文凭成绩单#Q微981497266佛林德斯大学文凭办理#Flinders毕业证#学历学位证毕业文凭Flinders University”
0 likes