Start by marking “Head Dead West: A Pilgrimage to Zombie Country” as Want to Read:
Head Dead West: A Pilgrimage to Zombie Country

Head Dead West: A Pilgrimage to Zombie Country

Blake Samuel Prose is a spiritual-minded pacifist on pilgrimage to Portland, last bastion of magical bookstores, religious coffee-sippers, and non-religious Christians. But to reach Portland, Blake must first traverse the infamous Oregon Zombie Preserve without getting lynched, eaten, shot, stabbed, infected, corrupted, or falling in love.
Published April 11th 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Head Dead West, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Head Dead West

Jessica
May 09, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Loved it, it sucked me in. Zombies and a 'modern' old west made for an exciting world to get lost in for a few days. The book keeps you riding with the hero at a good quick pace. I had the luxury of a long weekend and read it in two days. I totally recommend it, makes you think and keeps you entertained.
D.M. Dutcher
Aug 24, 2013 D.M. Dutcher rated it really liked it
Probably closer to 3.5 stars. It's a very wild ride that's only let down by a little too much soliloquizing by the main characters and an ending that gets out of hand.

Blake Prose wants little more to head to Portland, Oregon to join his family and his church congregation. Unfortunately, he happens to live in the middle of a world suffering from an insane zombie apocalypse, and that makes it a little hard. On the train there, he meets a woman named Milly, a little girl named Jenny, and her hard-a
Danielle French
May 28, 2013 Danielle French rated it it was amazing
I'm not a fan of zombies, but I really enjoyed this book. I appreciated the way it made me think as well as the overall adventure itself. There were a surprising amount of twists and turns that the story took, but it just made the whole adventure even more amazing. Great book! One I will read again and again for sure.
Karyn
Karyn rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2013
David Theodor Thorsen
David Theodor Thorsen rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Meela
Meela rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2013
Steve Swope
Steve Swope marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Darth Fierce
Darth Fierce marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Samuel B.
Samuel B. is currently reading it
Jun 19, 2013
Darcy Leerhoff
Darcy Leerhoff marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Scott Macdonald
Scott Macdonald is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2013
Andd Becker
Andd Becker marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
Angela Carlie
Angela Carlie marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
John Lussier
John Lussier marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014