Start by marking “The Clue in the Old Stagecoach (Nancy Drew, #37)” as Want to Read:
The Clue in the Old Stagecoach (Nancy Drew, #37)

The Clue in the Old Stagecoach (Nancy Drew #37)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  4,250 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Nancy’s latest mystery has her searching for an old stagecoach with something valuable hidden inside. She is asked by an elderly woman, Mrs. Strook, to find an old stagecoach her great-uncle may have hidden in the town of Francisville. This stagecoach may contain something of value
Published December 1st 1959 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Clue in the Old Stagecoach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Clue in the Old Stagecoach

The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn KeeneThe Hidden Staircase by Carolyn KeeneThe Secret of Shadow Ranch by Carolyn KeeneThe Sign of the Twisted Candles by Carolyn KeeneThe Bungalow Mystery by Carolyn Keene
Nancy Drew Mystery Stories
48th out of 79 books — 73 voters
The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles DickensOld Yeller by Fred GipsonArsenic and Old Lace by Joseph KesselringOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotThe Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
Any Old Thing
41st out of 117 books — 27 voters

More lists with this book...

John Yelverton
Yet another great addition to the Nancy Drew mystery book series.
Phe☽♃
The Clue in the Old Stagecoach is a children's story by Carolyn Keene (pseudonym) and the 37th book in the Nancy Drew series.

Despite threats against her life, Nancy pursues the search for a clue in an antique stagecoach that may be of great value to the people of Francisville.

I’ve always been a voracious reader. So, as a child, one of my favorite things about summer was the frequent trips to our local library, which was less than a mile from our house. Like most young girls of a certain ag
Tabi34
Nancy is a hussy! That's right, I said it. I have suspected all along that she was only toying with Ned Nickerson's affection and in this book, it was confirmed.

Nancy and her chums - Bess and George, are on vacation at a lodge. How very swank 1950s (I wish I could afford to go off to a resort for the summer in my convertible). Anyway, while they are there, they hang out with three boys not their usual dates. At one point, Ned calls and says he and Burt and Dave are coming to visit. Bess says so
rabbitprincess
Jan 09, 2011 rabbitprincess rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommended to rabbitprincess by: random library catalogue search
Shelves: bibliotheque, 2011
* 1/2

Now I know these books aren't supposed to be Great Works of Literature, but to put it mildly, I would not start any budding Nancy Drew fan on this book. While the Old West theme is cute and the idea of towns struggling financially and having to cope with new housing developments and the problems they bring is a timely topic, the mystery itself is solved in a ridiculous way and peopled with caricatures. Two of the bad guys are pointed out right away and are so painfully obvious that they may
Melanie
Nancy dates some guy other than Ned while at camp! Luckily that guy's father becomes gravely ill right before Ned and co show up to help the girls.

At some point, the girls have lunch that consists of chicken sandwiches and "molded vegetable salad." I have no idea what that is, and they're visiting an elderly widow, so it could either be something made of gelatin or something made during the Roosevelt administration.

They find treasure to help a town build a new school. The find, (view spoiler)
Eric Wood
This was a really good book! I couldn't stop reading it! The story keeps you in suspense, and the mystery was very intriguing. Although there was little action and the culprits being painfully obvious, i really enjoyed this mystery and would definitely recommend this to any nancy drew fans!
Elle G
I enjoyed reading this novel. It was just like any other Nancy Drew book that I have read. I would have liked it better if the author, Carolyn Keene, would have changed it up a bit. This book freaked me out a little because of the people who would explode things to find clues and money leading to the missing stagecoach. There was also people who would stalk Nancy and watch her every move to make sure she didn’t find the money or another clue before them. This book also had a lot of history invol ...more
Luisa
(view spoiler) ...more
A pretty good Nancy Drew mystery. I liked that Bess and George were very involved, but the stakes of the mystery didn't feel particularly high.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I remember the first time I read Nancy Drew. It blew my mind that there were girls presented with a brain. Most of the stuff I'd read up to that time, was that girls were sugar and spice - fluffy. No brains. To also learn about George who is a tomboy was a nice validation. Carolyn Keene wrote just for me! That is how I felt. When I did more research, I was shocked to find out, Ms. Keene was actually a man ... writing under Frank Dixon. I also loved the Hardy Boys. No wonder I loved these series.
Nicole Bennett
Nancy did it again!
Mr
Jan 20, 2009 Mr added it
Amelia Hurley NOvatny 180 pages
nancy Drew helps a lady help her town and get her uncle's stage coach back. Nancy finds that the stage coach was buried in parts near a wrecked train station. There they think that the clue was stolen right out of her hands, but really, that was a fake. The real clue was 5 blocks of benjamin franklin stamps with the glue still on them. This helps the town build a new school.
Aswathy
I remember reading this book very clearly.. My muthachan had a life membership in the Tvm public library and seeing that i love reading he began bringing me one book out of the 3 books he used to take.This was the 1st book he brought me. He brought this book just before my 6th std annual exam and i was forbidden from reading it until my exams were over. I waited impatiently for my exams to end and finished this book in one go.
Stephanie A.
My mom loved these books, and after a childhood spent watching Claudia obsess about them in the Babysitters Club books, I was really eager to dive into this world. Unfortunately, while I liked the setting and was intrigued by the summary, it turns out I don't find juvenile investigators very compelling (I didn't have much luck with Trixie Belden either), so I've never read another. Biggest disappointment of my literary life.
Sarra Martin
This Nancy Drew book I always hold dear to my heart. It was the last one for me to get, and I had all of the other ones. I got this one for Christmas when I was 8, and I read it as fast as I could. A pretty good book if you are young, and not so aware that Nancy is a little too "Mary-Sue-ish".
Jordanna
A town really needs to find money. There is a clue of where to find a lot of money in an old stagecoach. The problem is there are many old stagecoaches around. Can Nancy find the right one before a thief does? And can she find out who the thief is?
Rachel Piper
Bought recently to add to my collection. I read a good number of Nancy Drews, some almost 20 years ago. I couldn't name all the ones I did read, but I know I didn't read this one. The plot is rather bland, but the camp Nancy and co. are staying in sounds fun.
Cyndi Fowles
This is the very first Nancy Drew that I ever read...I was sick or had hurt myself and so was pretty immobile and my parents got it to keep me quiet. For the next few years the only things I wanted were books as gifts--Nancy Drew...
Caryn
This Nancy Drew was full of lots of action and adventure, for sure! Nancy and her friends Bess and George were staying at a camp for a week or two and stumbled upon a great mystery! You have to read it!
Ashleigh
These books tend to be the same thing with different crooks and crimes each time, so I like that this one switched up the organization of the information that's always put in.
Stacey
If you don't think the stuff in here is strange...like a semaphore. You might be old. Still an old stagecoach is pretty cool. Just not as much danger as they usually do.
Theresa
The Clue in the Old Stagecoach (Nancy Drew, #37)
Keene, Carolyn
Looking into a mystery is second nature to Nancy Drew the danger only gives you a solution
Jessi
Nancy helps to save a town's school and thwart some thieves when she helps a woman track down her great-uncle's lost stagecoach and uncover the secret within.
Oridisi
Wasn't one of my favorites I usually take a few hours to read a Nancy Drew book but I took long finishing this one, hope the others are better
Marts  (Thinker)
Nancy finds out that an old stagecoach is buried in parts at various locations and must solve the mystery
Sharon
I've read all of the original Nancy Drew books, but I never liked tham as much as "The Hardy Boys."
Catherine Woodman
I read every single one of these growing up--I thought she was the bees knees
Evelyn.anna
i loved to read that book because there was a lot to read abut
Shawnee
Nancy could have used a metal detector and other digging equipment.
Theadora
One of the lamer ones. That couple was super annoying!
  • The Gatehouse Mystery
  • The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9)
  • The Sinister Signpost (Hardy Boys, #15)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew (1 - 10 of 175 books)
  • The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1)
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3)
  • The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)
  • The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew, #5)
  • The Secret of Red Gate Farm (Nancy Drew, #6)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew, #7)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew, #8)
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Nancy Drew, #9)
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew, #10)
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)