Start by marking “My Soul Cries Out” as Want to Read:
My Soul Cries Out

My Soul Cries Out

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Monica Harris-Day's perfect world begins a downward spiral the afternoon she comes home to find her husband in bed... with another man. After confronting Kevin, her husband of two years, Monica discovers he's had a lifelong struggle with homosexuality that began at the age of ten after he was molested by a deacon in the church.
For years, Kevin has sought deliverance, cryin
Published July 1st 2007 by Urban Books

To ask other readers questions about My Soul Cries Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Soul Cries Out

OOSA
Dec 31, 2008 OOSA rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Urban Christian Readers
To Mend A Broken Heart

Kevin and Monica met while in the church. They dated for two years and have been happily married for two years. They tell each other everything, well, not everything. Kevin has had a secret for years. One day Monica comes home unexpectedly and finds him in bed with another man! Secrets out!

Searching for help in dealing with her recent revelations, Monica reaches out to their minister, Bishop Walker. In talking to Bishop Walker, Monica learns that the minister wasn't SURPR
C.J. Darlington
3.5 stars. "The worst day of my life was the day I caught my husband cheating on me."

That alone would be enough to throw even a strong woman into a tailspin. But the fact that Monica Harris-Day finds her worship-leader husband cheating with another man is an even greater shock. How could she have been so blind and not seen the signs? Should she divorce him on the spot? And why is their mega-church pastor so quick to look the other way?

Monica faces an emotional tempest in My Soul Cries Out. As a
Tanishia Pearson
Review for My Soul Cries Out by Sherri L. Lewis

Oh my goodness! This book grabbed my attention and hooked me in the first chapter just like a great book should. I love Christian Fiction but Sherri L. Lewis exceeded my expectation. I love how she boldly addressed a topic that many people dare not approach.

She introduced supporting characters who had lives of their own that were interesting enough to enrich the story line yet respecting the main characters’ roles and allowing them to shine while c
AC
I have a heart for Sherri Lewis' writing and her way of weaving a message through her stories. I never hesitate to pick up her book because I know I'll enjoy it, receive a message and be inspired by her.
Ifetayo M.
Michelle
My Soul Cries Out is a powerful redemption story about Monica and Kevin that on more than one occasion moved me to tears. I loved how the author wasn't afraid to tell it like it is when it came to internal thoughts, especially the skank ho references to certain women. Hilarious! The author masterfully wrote about Monica's rage the way it might really happen and didn't soften the issues for fear of offending the reader. This is real life trauma and heartache! Monica was a very flawed character bu ...more
Francoise Crowell
Awesome, yet heartwrenching story. The author does an excellent job of tapping into an issue that is normally addressed behing closed doors. Be careful because this story has the potential to take you on a very emotional journey.
Portia Lang
Initially I was somewhat skeptical about this book, however I truly enjoyed it! The characters were well developed and you felt their struggles! Well done ,Sherri L.Lewis!
Aadams30
Loved this book. Like the other reviews it brought tears, laughs, smiles, anger. it was a well written book. It is a book of forgiveness, relationship, marriage, love, friendship, re-inventing yourself, trusting and faith. This book made me think. I found myself going from "there's no way I could do this" to " I wonder if I could do this?" It is symbolic of "The Church" today and "christians " today (in so many ways about so many things from homosexuality to witnessing and walking in Faith). My ...more
Karen Reynolds
Amazingly written, amazingly inspiring and I am amazingly moved. There are so many times we read Christian fiction and it not touch the issues of today or the real Christian and this book did it all. I felt so many emotions reading this, like God was trying to remind me of something I am forever moved.
LaTonia
Mar 08, 2008 LaTonia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE! ANYONE! READ IT!!
Recommended to LaTonia by: I am a friend of the Author.
I love this book. Sherri is an amazing writer. She is also a good friend of mine, so I am tremendously biased. She wrote a book with a controversial theme. She tackled it biblically and responsibly. Her characters are real. Their emotions are deep and at the end you are excited about the resolve. This is an amazing book. She is an amazing writer! Also, see DANCING WITH DESTINY! Love! Love. LOVE!! SHERRI LEWIS!
Adriane
Nov 19, 2007 Adriane rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ANYONE
I have just found a new favorite Chritian writer! This book was so awesome, spiritual, heart-wrenching, funny and thought provoking. When I got to the last page I wanted to read it all over again! If you have had any struggles with why you believe what you believe and needed real answers this books offers a litany of answers. Definitely one of my favorites.
Sharon
Feb 24, 2008 Sharon rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: who ever
Recommended to Sharon by: the author
Two people coming together ask one, and then the most hurting happen, you catch your husband in the bed, witrh someone and you do what? Do you leave or stay? which one would you do? This novel jsut wasn't for me I couldnt get my soul into it something was left out? I understand you forgive but you don't forget.
Jamie
I wasn't sure that I was going to like this b/c I honestly tend to ignore books that focus on this controversial topic. However after I read the first chapter excerpt online I decided to read it and.... I AM SO GLAD I MADE THAT DECISION. I smiled, I frowned, I laughed, I cried, and I read this book in one night!
Terri
I liked how she handled the situation with her husband. Instead of making a rush decision, she took some time out and removed herself from the situation to analyze everything and make a complete sound decision on her situation without anyone influencing her.
Rhonda McKnight
Sep 06, 2007 Rhonda McKnight rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: women 18-50
Excellent book. I learned about the struggles of homosexuals in the church. I learned not to judge, but to pray for these people. I learned that God can heal any situation in a marriage where there is love.
Stephanie Shelton
Apr 16, 2012 Stephanie Shelton rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Stephanie by: My mom
I absolutely love this book!! I've read more than half of the book in 2 days and will finish it tonight so I can start on something else. Will write more when I'm done. I highly suggest this book.
Ozeilia Donnette
It's a good book. But,I'm the forgiven type. But,I can't stay w/a man who has cheated on me; and especially if he has cheated on me w/another guy.
Kim
I read the first 10 pgs or so and then just read the last 5 pgs. The book's summary kinda leads to figure out the ending of the story.
Carol Hornsby-mccoy
A great love story, the writer demonstrate ways in which God can do what man can't do alone using everyday life. Fabulous ending !
Burgundy
This book was really good. I could not put it down and even though I didn't like the ending I will still give it five stars.
Benzette
The book took me a minute to get into, but once I got past my personal road blocks I couldn't put it down.
Bernie
Good read; I know that God can forgive anything and this book drives the point home.
Wanda
Love and forgiveness can conquer a lot of pain and sorrow.
Kevia
OMG! this book was great.
Cessily
AWESOME!!!!!
Sharon Oliver
Another favorite
Charmane
so far so good
Catrina
This book had so many powerful themes; Love, forgiveness, trusting God, health, dealing with sexual sin...It was great to see how it all came together at the end. This book kept me engaged the entire time. I read it in two days.
Darliss
Darliss marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
  • Joy
  • The Ideal Wife
  • The Bishop's Daughter
  • Steppin' Into the Good Life
  • Everybody Say Amen
  • Speak to My Heart (Spirit and Soul #1)
  • Holy Ghost Corner
  • Through the Storm
The List Finding Mrs. Wright Becoming Mrs. Right Dance Into Destiny Selling My Soul