Start by marking “"He Killed Our Janny:" A Family's Search for the Truth” as Want to Read:
"He Killed Our Janny:" A Family's Search for the Truth

"He Killed Our Janny:" A Family's Search for the Truth

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  7 reviews
"The Hansens appeared to be a glamorous family blessed with success. But behind the closed doors was a story of drugs, orgies, physical and sexual assault, and constant fear...Book voyeurs who are able to tackle tough subject matter will love this tale." --Kim Cantrell True Crime Book Reviews

Published September 21st 2011 by Jak's Golden Knights

To ask other readers questions about "He Killed Our Janny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about "He Killed Our Janny

This was a good TC read, but I had just read THE MURDER OF JACOB and it was just child abuse overload in my head. Janyce was killed by her abusive, controlling, sick husband, Richard. But I found myself feeling more sympathy for the children than I did for Janyce. I kept wanting her to leave this creep and couldn't wrap my head around why she didn't. I wanted someone to take him out in a desert somewhere and do all the things to him that he did to others in his miseralble life.
Interesting story, particularly the first half of the book before Janny died. Towards the end, the non-investigation got a little repetitive. The only one who seems to know the truth isn't talking. Shame on you Patricia.
I am addicted to TC books so my opinion is slightly biased. Interesting, but hard to deal with my partial lack of sympathy for the victim. Some things left hanging. Unanswered questions of course. Hard to call a book of this nature "good" so will go with "interesting".
Cold case

Well written book about a very sad case in Colorado. This murder is so sad and should have been written up as a murder from the start. I can't imagine what this family has gone through over the years.
Lynda Kelly
I have made it 27% into this book and now I've had enough. I really can't sympathise or find myself caring too much about Janny who was perhaps murdered by her husband. She sat by for years while, knowingly to her, he abused her daughters and beat the hell out of her son.
Then her daughter gets into cocaine with her chap and I really couldn't care less what happened to any of them then, to be brutally honest.
I wondered who Adolph was as his name was just thrown into a sentence with no explanation
This book was another typical husband kills wife story,sadly becoming an all-too-familiar scenario . Frustrating that the lady stayed with the guy for decades of abuse,the kids suffering the worst in the long run from it .Still a very well written book .
Mary Christian Payne
A page turner

A well written book. This makes the reader very angry to see how no matter. how much determination a family has, corruption can completely block any hope of getting the truth about the death of a loved one.
Beth Corey
Beth Corey marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Robin added it
Sep 14, 2015
Karen Hardcastle
Karen Hardcastle is currently reading it
May 28, 2015
Michelle See
Michelle See marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
International BestSelling True Crime Author; Winner of Top 10 True Crime Book Awards 2011; Best of the Best True Crime Books 2011

Sherrie Lueder was born on November 13, 1951 in Tracy, Minnesota and christened Sherrie Rae Taarud. She would be the second oldest of four siblings. When she was a little girl, the family moved to Spirit Lake, Iowa. Several years later, she married a lifelong resident of
More about Sherrie Lueder...