Gravitation, Volume 03

Gravitation, Volume 03 (Gravitation #3)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  1,254 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Shuichi Shindou is determined to be a rock star. He has no experience, no talent, and no band. After finding a charismatic guitarist and getting a glg, he's ready to show the world what a genius he is with his powerful lyrics. However, Eiri Yuki overhears his amateurish verse and puts the young musician in his place. Unable to get the harsh criticism out of his mind Shuich...more
Published December 9th 2003 by TokyoPop (first published November 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Gravitation, Volume 03, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gravitation, Volume 03

Leila Anani
Wasn't so keen on this 3rd volume. Yuki is cold, complicated and unlikeable and Shuichi is more idiotic than usual.

Shuichi moves in with Yuki but the two are still hiding their relationship. Bad Luck get on a quiz show and offer to forfeit the money in order to play live on air. Shuichi shows us just how brainless he is. We've got Yuki's fiancée jealous of Shuichi and of course all the rock star rivalries in the back ground.

A highly overrated series for which you have to suspend your disbelief f...more
Starbubbles
i got the entire series for 27 bucks at half price books last month, and finally got around to finishing it up. my advice for anyone new at this series is to not read the author comments. she comes off as hating this series, and being a mangka. hates to draw?! really?! boy did you pick the wrong profession. i could understand that the joy of something goes away when you're stuck doing it for money, but at least pretend to enjoy it. by the end, no one looks like they did at the beginning, and not...more
Tricia
"Your past is a mystery to me, I don't know what made you this messed up. There was something, though. I can see it in your sleeping face." More of Yuki's narcoleptic collapses! It's okay; this one goes quite far, plot-wise at least. Shuichi's finally beginning to cotton on that Yuki's troubled in some way, but what this volume mostly focuses on is Bad Luck's career, with Shuichi and Yuki's relationship bearing a subtle, quietly ominous significance.

Made me laugh? Yes. Even made me tear up a lit...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Looks like the usual with this one. With hilarious moments and more. This okay but interesting.
Christina
With the new rival for Eiri's love in Shuichi's life, he is momentarily depressed. Claiming Eiri as his own while in the middle of a concert, Ayaka later declares that Shuichi is fit to fight over Eiri's love and the war is on!
Later, Bad Luck is set to cast on a live Game Show and Shuichi proposes that if Bad Luck wins, instead of the 1,000,000 yen as a prize they are allowed to show off their band to the viewers, and the Director accepts! But to grasp the golden opportunity Hiro and Shuichi are...more
Kati
I liked this volume, the fact that underneath all the crazy, there's actually a very touching romance there. I know that this manga isn't to be taken seriously, but when we get these small glimpses of the characters' real feelings, they shine even more brightly!

Didn't care for the bonus story, though.
Nikki Kelly
Yaoi or boy-on-boy love manga. It was the first and only series of that genre that I have read, and was utterly hilarious. It had great funny, sentimental, and sad moments. A lot of fun to read, and quite unpredictable. The art was a little lacking, the only reason for 3 stars instead of 5.
Again, the constant insistence that the two guys who are in love and having sex are not gay is a glaring, distracting, and offensive diversion from what is otherwise a cute and kitchy love story
Matimate
Too old for it. Considering it as one of the worst yaoi ever read. Yes too old for it. Comedy style is not for me. Still continuing to read it, because it is in Czech.
Sara
Aug 04, 2011 Sara added it
Shelves: manga, humor
Started out cute and funny enough, but somewhere in the middle of this series it gets waaaay to wacky and convoluted in the bad way.
Kelli Clay
best m-m gay animae
♥Juvia♥
♥Juvia♥ marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Bre
Bre marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
  • Fake, Volume 06
  • Eerie Queerie!, Volume 2 (Eerie Queerie!, #2)
  • Love Mode Vol. 3 (Love Mode, #3)
  • Yellow, Volume 03
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 2
  • Gorgeous Carat, Volume 02
Gravitation, Volume 01 Gravitation, Volume 02 Gravitation, Volume 06 Gravitation, Volume 05 Gravitation, Volume 04