Start by marking “Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!” as Want to Read:
Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!

Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!

After selling more than 11 million copies of her beloved slow cooker cookbooks, New York Times bestselling author Phyllis Good is launching her first full-color cookbook in the Fix-It and Forget-It series, complete with all new recipes.

Welcome to Stage 2 of the Fix-It and Forget-It brand! After selling more than 11 million copies of her beloved cookbooks, New York Times b
Published October 1st 2013 by Good Books

To ask other readers questions about Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook

Aug 13, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook-books, food
I'm going to try several recipes this week. Apparently you can cook just about everything in a slow cooker!
Pamela Sue
Jun 06, 2014 Pamela Sue rated it it was ok
There are a couple of recipes I will try. If they turn out well I will add another star, but generally I am not a big crock pot fan. I would just as soon make a casserole and rewarm it on busy days than fool with getting the crockpot out and then trying to figure out if it's done at 6 hours or 8 and don't forget every time you lift the lid to add 20 minutes.
Virginia Campbell
Nov 10, 2013 Virginia Campbell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I still have my family's original avocado green Crock-Pot, and it still works just fine. Nothing fancy, but very reliable. A lot of great meals have been prepared in that slow cooker through the years, most notably Sunday Pot Roast with Vegetables. A lesser expensive chuck roast, seasoned well, cooked with potatoes and chunks of carrots, celery, and onions, becomes a superb supper under the quiet cooking care of the Crock-Pot. I have newer slow cookers in various sizes and functionality, but my ...more
Robert Wright
Dec 15, 2013 Robert Wright rated it really liked it
Shelves: recipes, dcl
I look for pretty straightforward things in a crockpot/slow cooker cookbook: simplicity, ease of use, and all-in-one cooking. I am not much of a fan recipes that require much pre-cooking or that use containers or foils inside the crock (like most baking ones.)

This volume avoids these personal pitfalls and hits with most of the recipes. A fresh redesign in the presentation of the content helps this earn its "new" title. I'm not usually big on desserts in the crockpot, but there are several here t
Ashley
Dec 04, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it
I was able to find quite a few things I would like to try in this book. My brand new slow cooker will be well used with recipes from this book. Can't wait to get some other of the fix-it and forget-it cookbooks.
Gabby
Jul 12, 2016 Gabby rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Found a few good recipes I tried and copied down. My daughter was disappointed in that several of the ones she wanted to try were basically putting the dish in a pan on top of the crock pot, what's the point of that she said? I do think of slow cooker food as mostly winter food though.
Gina
Dec 31, 2014 Gina rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
Way too many meat dishes. How about some vegan recipies????
Mary Kay
Feb 24, 2014 Mary Kay rated it really liked it
Great new Crockpot recipes with full-color illustrations
Laura Gilfillan
Nov 05, 2014 Laura Gilfillan rated it it was amazing
What a nice layout, and what tasty-looking recipes. I can't wait to start trying them out.
Videoclimber(AKA)MTsLilSis
Dec 26, 2013 Videoclimber(AKA)MTsLilSis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
I was impressed with the mixture of recipes and helpful hints in this cookbook. This is an all around winner with recipes from all categories. I wasn't aware that there was so much you could make in the slow cooker. All of these looked good and seemed very easy to prepare. I hate when you have to go through a million extra steps to cook. The ease of preparing in this cookbook was a huge added bonus. I am dying to try chickpea chili.
Sylvia
Sep 14, 2014 Sylvia rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
A couple of new recipes that are worth trying. The one thing that I didn't like about this slow cooker book is that many of the recipes require "pre-cooking" before putting the ingredients into the slow cooker. To me, the slow cooker is a great convenience appliance that saves me time and mess. If I have to do a lot of stovetop cooking prior to placing everything into the slow cooker, I might as well just cook a meal without the slow cooker. Slow cooker cooking, in my opinion, should chop, drop ...more
Lilah
Jul 09, 2014 Lilah rated it it was ok
Shelves: food
I tried a couple of the pasta recipes. They came out OK. Not so awesome that I will rush to make the recipes again, but not bad.
Julie
Jan 16, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, cooking
This book is filled with delicious sounding recipes. I may have to buy it!
Julie
Mar 03, 2016 Julie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I like this book. I've gotten some great recipes and advice from someone who has spent a lot of time slow cooking. She helped me fix some of my mistakes (over cooking) and improved some of my go-to's. This has the best tomato soup and lasagna recipes I've ever tasted and I use the chicken/beef stock and poached chicken directions all the time.
Katherine
Jan 26, 2014 Katherine rated it really liked it
Yummy! I need to buy my own copy of this book. Too many recipes I want to try!
Marie
Nov 17, 2013 Marie rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, cookery
Some pretty unhealthy stuff. But it all looks great! I would modify most recipes to make them healthier, though.
Alyse
Apr 19, 2015 Alyse rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Great recipes along with pictures of the finished product.
Janice Goodman
Janice Goodman rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Nicole
Nicole added it
Sep 10, 2016
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Marjorie Byers
Marjorie Byers is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2016
Kathy Fox
Kathy Fox is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Diane Mcclure
Diane Mcclure marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2016