Start by marking “Kiss of the White Wolf” as Want to Read:
Kiss of the White Wolf

Kiss of the White Wolf

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  92 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Hal went looking for a wild weekend, and found more wild than he could ever have hoped for.

Hal’s world has been in a tailspin since he wrote a book exposing police corruption. Seeking respite and distraction, he heads off for a wild weekend in Brighton, hoping for hot guys, loud music and lots of booze. What he gets instead is a near-naked man mountain, bruised, bleeding a
Published April 15th 2013 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of the White Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss of the White Wolf

Ami
Apr 29, 2013 Ami rated it liked it
There's insta-love; which is common in shifters story. But since the story is written from Hal's perspective (he is not a shifter); it slightly reduces the annoying "You're my mate" thing. I'm still a bit annoyed on how quick Luke changes from a shifter who is hurt and confused one night to recognizing Hal as his mate the next morning (and needs to consummate their love immediately).

It doesn't offer anything fresh to the genre -- although I have to admit that I'm NOT expecting one :). I do wonde
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Shifters came out to the world and of course soon enough an organization was founded to persecute them.
Most slipped back into obscurity since attacks against them had risen and turned dangerous.
Luke lost his entire family to one of those attacks.
Now, years later..Luke managed to escape from some kind of prison and is rescued by Hal.
Hal's a reporter who's sort of a celebrity, since he brought down a corrupt police force.
Then..*drum roll* Luke and Hal are mates! and once that's settled, there is
Veronica /  V
Jul 12, 2013 Veronica / V rated it it was amazing
I love shifter stories and I have read extensively in those genres for many years, even though in this book I found many things that I have read in the past... Inta-love, the alpha Mc, the cute mate, I think it was quite good actually.
I'm sure other readers will think that it's nothing new, but, I can tell you what it feels like reading this book, delight, pure and simple.
The story line was a little bit different than most other shifter books I've read, perhaps this is one of the reaso
Brian
May 12, 2013 Brian rated it it was amazing
“Kiss of the White Wolf” by Cassidy Ryan is exactly the kind of book that I have a difficult time writing a review for. To say it’s excellent doesn’t seem to do it justice. The book is simply amazing.

The story is a combination of paranormal shape-shifter, crime/mystery and romance at its finest.

The twists and turns in the investigation kept me on the edge of my seat and the romance, especially how Hal slowly comes to the realization that he is indeed “mated” to Luke was what really appealed to m
Trisha Harrington
May 30, 2013 Trisha Harrington rated it really liked it
Nice shifter story. It was hot... But at times I just wanted something more. I've read hotter and I've read sappier. So that could be the problem.

Recommended!
Candice
Jul 13, 2013 Candice rated it really liked it
Typical, but enjoyable shifter story.
sheila
Jun 21, 2013 sheila rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, run-with-wolves

What a great book! really enjoyed it from start to end.
Hal and Luke are so great together, LOVE Luke's cheeky personality and Hal is such a mom! loved it!

Milo was the cutest puppy!!

There should really be a sequel so we can read more about puppy Milo and also Luke meeting Hal's family.

Well deserved 5 stars for hotness, lovely flirting, one sexy Alpha and of course, a crime to solve.

Thomaidha Papa
May 30, 2013 Thomaidha Papa rated it really liked it
Shelves: werewolfs, m-m, paranormal
4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

You go on a wild weekend only to fall asleep most of it… No this won’t do.

You go on a wild weekend, you fall asleep most of it, but you end up saving a hunk of a man… Hmm, better still something’s missing. Oh how about…

You go on a wild weekend to get away from your crazy life, only to end up saving you soul-mate, while crazy becomes a constant in your life.

Yes, Hal’s life has become wild alright; reporters and
Rachel
Apr 28, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
I really, really enjoyed this and thought it was a great shifter story! Sure there was some insta-lust due to being mates, but I thought it was handled very well and it wasn't too much. I really loved the characters and thought they were just smokin' hot together. I would love a sequel with Milo or heck, more Luke and Hal please!
TracyGee
Jan 22, 2014 TracyGee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, m-m
wow... this book really surprised me. I was hooked from the very beginning, the plot, characters and over all story line was brilliantly written.
Luke and Hal's characters was fantastic. I wasn't expecting the Adam twist but you have to expect a twist.
Over all the book is one I recommend reading if you like Shifter novels
Ericka Walden
Apr 21, 2013 Ericka Walden rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this! Hoping for a follow up/sequel!
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Notes:

I totally get that just being in a hotel room somewhere out of town can be enough of a relaxation, even if you just do the same things you do for relaxation at home (read, watch tv, etc.)

He's either brave or stupid for letting a man who almost choked him to death into his car.

In the UK, they don't put wrist tags on as soon as someone goes into the hospital? That seems stupid and dangerous.

I haven't heard this setup before where they tried to come out and it didn't work. I'm not sure anyo
Wendy Ann
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews - 4 hearts

From beginning to end, this story swept me along on a pleasant buzz of adrenaline and anticipation. Hal’s escape from the drama that became his life after reporting a story about high level police corruption combined with Luke’s escape from sadistic abductors made for an exciting journey. Imagine having to turn to the very people you’ve exposed and embarrassed to ask for help as you struggle to try to piece together what happened to Luke!

Similar to
Josie Goodreads
Jul 02, 2013 Josie Goodreads rated it it was amazing
I adored Hal, he came across as a very dry, cynical kind of person, the kind who thinks things through internally, slowly and deliberately, I liked that, and as the book is written from his POV it’s a style that works really well. Luke on the other hand is a lighter type of werewolf than we normally see in books, even though he has suffered terribly at the hands of his captors and with the loss of his family years before he is quite Zen like, a calm and centered person, someone who takes things ...more
Ro Dubose
Jul 18, 2013 Ro Dubose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-reads
Journalist Hal Paxton was not looking for a story when he encountered wolf shifter Luke Tallis. Nevertheless, Hal realized Luke had been beaten and needed help so he drove Luke to the hospital. Hal furthermore discovered there is a mystery surrounding Luke that got the attention of the police.

Kiss of the White Wolf is a well written well paced arousing romance blended with social cruelty. The setting is the United Kingdom. The characters are creditable. Hal is an investigative reporter who expo
Becky Condit
May 02, 2013 Becky Condit rated it it was amazing
Having read a few of Cassidy’s books before I was surprised by the amount of sex scenes, but they are there to illustrate the ‘mate’ side of the story, and are well written and imaginative. Mrs Condit Recommends photo mrscrecommends2_zps98e844fe.jpg

As well as the ‘mates’ storyline Cassidy treats us to a tense and interesting thriller, why was Luke captured and by whom? The story gradually unfolds in a realistic and informative way. I don’t normally read thrillers but I really liked this story an
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
The writing was good but the plot was a little predictable. It was interesting that this time it was told from Hal’s perspective and Hal isn’t a little helpless male. There was insta-love once Luke got his senses back. The characters were well scripted but a little shallow, we really only get glimpses of what made these men. I was a bit disappointed by not learning more about them.

The characters really made this book. Luke was what one would expect physically from an alpha wolf but he is also a
Fairy / Anna
I feel bad that I have to do that, but there is no other way... :(
Two stars, barely.
The mystery/investigation part was pretty good, for a mix of m/m romance and mystery, but the romance between MC's didn't work for me. Insta-lust, insta-love, no build-up. Not my thing, not this time, obviously. Too bad.

On the positive side, I'd like to read about Milo in the future :)
Meggie
This is an enjoyable shifter's novel. I liked the main story plot, even if the story isn't specially fresh. Sure this instant action of finding a soul-mate is a fact in this story and has to be accepted as one. Hal and Luke were fine shifter's pair, but there were a bit to many sex scenes between them. I skipped through them at the end.
Grandmat
Jun 05, 2013 Grandmat rated it it was amazing
Many shifter stories go over the top, sensational, purple, and difficult to suspend belief. Not this one. It has a solid plot, a compelling crime drama, and an instant love that I actually found believable. I'm buying other books by this author.
Snowtulip
Oct 12, 2014 Snowtulip rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, par-rom
Sweet shifter story. Not anything new in terms of shifter stories, but not horrible either. Light easy read with likable characters. Just not finding a lot of diversity in shifter stories.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Wendy
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 4 hearts

Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews
~RMG
Apr 17, 2013 ~RMG rated it liked it
3.5 stars - Thoroughly enjoyed this one.
Margaret Lewis
$6.06 on Nook
Lexi Ander
Jun 10, 2013 Lexi Ander rated it it was amazing
Shari
Shari marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Sephony
Sephony marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Cassidy Ryan lives and works in the West of Scotland, with Angel, the not-very-angelic kitty.

When she isn't writing, Cassidy enjoys football, shopping for the perfect handbag, main-lining coffee and watching TV.
More about Cassidy Ryan...