Start by marking “7th Sin (Darc Murders, #2)” as Want to Read:
7th Sin (Darc Murders, #2)

7th Sin (Darc Murders #2)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  25 reviews
From the #1 bestselling author in Hard Boiled Mysteries and Police Procedurals, Carolyn McCray comes, 7th Sin the greatly anticipated sequel to 9th Circle!

**Warning: This book contains graphic/disturbing violence that
can give you nightmares. This book is NOT for the faint of heart. Please
do not purchase this book unless you are prepared for some sleepless nights!

With
Mala m
Published April 12th 2013 by Off Our Meds MultiMedia

To ask other readers questions about 7th Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 7th Sin

Christie
Just finished 7th Sin. This book really agrivated me. This book picks up with Darc, Trey, Mala and Janey trying to recover from the horror of Father John. We start the book off with the good Dr. being kidnapped and Trey and Darc are trying to locate her. After her capture releases her, craziness takes over everyone's lives.

Darc is struggling with himself. He is starting to have feeling that he doesn't understand nor know how to handle. He is losing his edge and capabilities to solve crimes.

Trey
Kizzle
7th Sin

A Gruesome but Engaging Thriller

I loved the eclectic mix of characters from the brilliant but emotionally challenged Detective with Aspergers to his laid back empathetic partner plus the razor sharp mind of the child psychologist consultant and her adorable but complicated foster child. All these nuances and traits give a rich tapestry to the book and endear you to the clever writing of Carolyn and Ben. To go from inside the mind of a psychotic and zealous killer to then explore the funda
Mike
Fantastic follow up that didn't just keep the characters in the same roles as in the first book. This time the "always" stoic Darc was having some doubts & internal conflicts that made him a bit less "computerized". Trey was finding out that he was a better detective than he thought he could be & Janey has become my favorite child character in any book I've read so far that takes place in the modern era. That little girl had me cracking up throughout the book.
I will say that in the firs
Claudia
Absolutely fabulous read, which I like better than "Silence of the Lambs", "Hannibal" etc. The reason for that is, that I really like the well developed characters in this book, the fast pace of the story itself and the fact that "7th Sin" takes off immediately where "9th Circle" left off. The fascinating interactions between Trey and Darc, Mala and little Janey are very special due to Darc's Asperger symptoms. The authors did a great job giving us all insight into Darc's way of perceiving the w ...more
Laura Laporta
Fantastic sequel! So many twists and turns, it'll keep you guessing all the way through!

Carolyn McCray has done an amazing job incorporating some of the most common characteristics of Aspergers, along with some characteristics that aren't as common, which make Darc unbelievably fascinating! In this second novel, you watch as Darc struggles to make sense of his feelings and emotions, and whats harder, trying to understand the emotions and feelings of others! I love the character development thro
An excellent thriller with two of my favourite detectives. The plot was interesting and gripping with nice twists. Sadly, after about a third of the book I figured out who the killer was. Nevertheless, the characters were vivid and likable. The writing style greatly improved, it was much more descriptive than before. All in all, it is a recommendable novel for crime fiction fans.
Deborah
McCray sets up some frightening crime scenes in her latest Darc mystery. Trey and Darc's relationship develops as they embark on an investigation into the latest string of murders. What a great development of McCray's Darc series. An impossible book to put down!
Amy Crusan-Kramer
Liked much better than The 9th Circle. Really enjoy the burgeoning relationships between Darc, Mala and Janey. However, am getting a little tired of Trey's constant wisecracks.
Sandra Gilbert
This series just keep getting better and better.
Black Butterfly
Aug 31, 2014 Black Butterfly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
I FELT DARC'S PAIN AS HE STRUGGLED WITH HIS NEW EMOTIONS, HE WAS WAY OFF HIS GAME. I KNOW BAD THINGS HAPPEN EVERYWHERE BUT SEATTLE SEEMS TO HAVE MORE THAN THEIR SHARE. THIS SERIES AGAIN HAD ME LOL WHEN POPEYE TOOK ONE FOR THE TEAM AND HAD TO GET STITCHES, IT WAS HILARIOUS. I DO UNDERSTAND SPONGE BOB TIME, SINCE I'VE BEEN A LOYAL FAN OF HIS SINCE 1999, WHEN FIRST AIRED. LOL! I LOVE THE LITTLE YELLOW DUDE. I LOVE ALL THE DARC TOO LIVE CREW, THEY ARE ALL GREAT. AS LONG AS THEY KEEP WRITTING THIS SE ...more
Donna
This is one of the books to the collection and I'm posting my full review under that. I do want to mention of you like Carolyn and Ben (which are favorites of mine) you will not want to miss this collection. WARNING this is very graphic and gory! The cast is really great and through the collection you will love what happens to Darc! Great read.....
Elizabeth
Ok, now things are getting ridiculous. The little girl has no connection to the crimes in this novel yet she is instrumental in communicating clues to Darc through symbolic drawings. She's 6.

Also Darc is getting less and less interesting as he becomes more in touch with his emotions and attempts empathy. He has Asperger's. He doesn't get it and he'll never get it. He can only pretend and go through the motions. It is irresponsible to pretend that he can become something he is not. Also, the cri
Catherine Gordon
Well written characters and interesting ideas. However the clouded feelings of "gray" that Darc experienced due to the conflict between his logical and emotional sides became a bit tedious and could have been edited it out more. I got the message it didn't need to be laboured quite so much. Apart from that another entertaining read, although it would have been nice if there had been a bit more detail between Mala and Darc in the end in terms of their relationship rather than the reader just assu ...more
Margaret Dominguez
A great book.

This book keeps you guessing all the way to the end. Full of surprising twists and very intense. I am going to have to read all of this series.
Clyde Hutto
Ok book. A little tedious and predictable. I figured out the killer pretty easily. I don't know what it is but the first book was suspenseful and was done as a Kindle Serial, so I read it in segments anxiously waiting for the next one. This was done as a whole book, which is fine but somehow there just wasn't any suspense. I liked it okay. I just didn't love it.
Michele bookloverforever
another serial killer in Seattle. another puzzle for Darc, janey, mala and trey to unravel. see how savants see pattern s to solve crimes.
Linda
I liked this one better than 9th Circle. Not sure exactly why, but I think it has something to do with the gradual personality changes that are happening with Darc. Can't see the connections between the killer in the first book and the one in this book, but the plot insists they're there. I like the more revelation into the thought processes of the little girl, Janey. I think it will lead to more understanding as to why she and the savant have such a strong connection. On to the next one!
Iuliana
The idea was good, but there were just too many timeline errors and poorly thought out scenes.
Chinarose
Awesomely twisted thriller of a read! I can not get enough of this deliciously wicked, maniacal, dysfunctionally-comical and hard to put down series.

McCray and Hopkins truly did an excellent job pulling me into the and holding me captive through the last sentence!

On to the next in series!

McCray & Hopkins, Please, please hurry with the next installment of this series, I need more Darc, Trey, Mala, Janey & Melissa! ;-)
Ashley
Love this series! Was a little disappointed by the ending but great overall!
Jeremiah
This story was a little harder to follow than its predecessor. It it was still decent and and was quick and easy read. Gravy for the brain.
Valerie Vahue
I really liked the way Darc's character was changing to allow emotion into his previous "logic only" methodology. Great follow up to Ninth Circle!
Laura Pilcher
much harder than the other ones to get through. didn't enjoy this one as much as the previous one.
Shelley
loved the whole series
Peggy Geiger
Peggy Geiger marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Burton L Hansen
Burton L Hansen is currently reading it
May 07, 2015
  • All Hallow's Eve
  • Monsters: A Bloody Love Story (The Bloodless, #1)
  • Vessels (Timmy Quinn #3)
  • Garden of Sorrow (Psychic Visions, #4)
  • Strings of Glass (A Sydney Rye Novel, #4)
  • The Strange Case of Dr. H.H. Holmes
  • 65 Proof
  • The Old Man's Back in Town (Goldwash Mystery)
  • Seventh Mark
  • The Stranger Beside You
  • Dark Season: The Complete Second Series
  • L.A. Rain: Three Novels
  • Stake You (Stake You #1)
  • The Ghost of Josiah Grimshaw (Morgan Sisters, #1)
  • Abducted (Pacific Coast Justice, #2)
  • Broken (The Crystor, #2)
  • A Vampire Among Angels (The Vampire from Hell, #2)
This is a pen name of Goodreads author Cristyn West.
More about Carolyn McCray...

Darc Murders (3 books)
  • 9th Circle (Darc Murders, #1)
  • 5th Pentagram (Darc Murders, #3)
30 Pieces of Silver (Betrayed, #1) Encrypted HeartsBlood (Praxis, #1) The Betrayed Series Ultimate Companion Collection Havoc (Betrayed, #2)